• Published 21st Apr 2019
  • 6,955 Views, 205 Comments

Pinecrest Resort - Shakespearicles



Twilight Sparkle goes to a nature resort with her brother, Shining Armor. But it turns out that it's not a nature resort. It's a NATURIST resort! Stuck there, they'll have to survive the weekend together. (If they don't die of embarrassment first!)

  • ...
37
 205
 6,955
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 140 )

9578968
You and me both, brother.

9578968 Actually, this story was partially inspired by some vandalism at Pinecrest High School. And of course that scene from The Simpsons.

9579051
Eh both worked for the story.
So you do you man.👍

9579054
I still have the old art. I never delete anything.

9579061
Now that's the educator of the masses we need.
Never.
Delete.
Anything.

. It's a naturalist resort!

Reckon you’re going for naturist. Unless everyone’s studying the local ecosystem sexily.

9578991
> calling Buster your brother within earshot of Shakespearicles
media.giphy.com/media/13rDCpOfPLWjWE/giphy.gif

9579035
Oh my god that’s amazing

I take the the old thumbnail was breaking a rule or two?

And so the legendary writer throws his hat into the ring.

So, I thought it said 'Pinterest Resort' and I was about to gtfo. Then I checked my eyes and realized life wasn't as bad as I thought.

9579367
No. It was fine. But I guess seeing EQG Shining Armor was making people drive-by down-vote.

Alternate cover art:
i.imgur.com/5UUmM51.png

9579370

And so the legendary writer throws his hat into the ring.

> throws hat
> hat achieves orbit

9579392
I mean... not the best design, but it fits the overall story fine.

9579447
I don’t know about clever. Maybe witty or knowledgeable at best?

This feels like it needs a sequel

9578968
Same.
Then I saw the cover art...

As with any story of yours, this was an amazing read. Fun, sexy, interesting, etc. Great job!
I do gotta say, however, this story must be one of the most sprinkled with proofreading errors of most of your stories. Quite a bunch, and a few kinda big ones, it was a bit offputting. :ajsleepy:
Still, great story!

9580707
Damn, I must be losing my touch. Or perhaps I never had one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

That... Was... Intense... And I loved it!!!

*Reads title and short summary* Ok.

*Inspects cover art*

... Oh. Oh.

9580724 9580707 I'd be happy to fix any errors you find.

9580998 Notice, that it was only one random (misinformed?) male patron, and Twilight who ever made it an issue of it. All that worry and drama over really nothing. But that would not have been nearly as funny to write or read about. :trollestia:

My only complaint (besides the three-strike rule, which isn't a thing and never factored into the story anyway so there is no reason not to cut it out) is that Twilight didn't tell Glory and Timber about her and Shiny being brother and sister as they were leaving, so they wouldn't be afraid of being exposed.

Easy favorite for me. Great work, as usual.

9581051 I wrestled with the idea of doing that. (And her getting pregnant.)
Like, "Hey you guys were pretty loud in your tent last night."
"So were you two in your cabin."
*le gasp!*
"jk, Shining is my brother too."
I played with the idea a little with Twilight talking to them in the hot tub about her fantasy, and them 'role-playing'. But ultimately it would have made no rational sense for her to tell them the truth that weekend, (even knowing about Timber and Glory).
And besides, they need something to talk about the next time they visit the resort.

9581047
For some reason I misread it and assumed it was Timber who said that. That does make more sense.
MAYBE would have been nice for someone to correct him, then, given the inevitability of it, but it does make it more believable.

9581040
When I get some free time again I'll try to re-read it and mark all the details I find and PM ya ^ ^

9581056
Added a little something to the last chapter for you. :raritywink:

9581058 Thank you.
I would appreciate that!

9581062
Aww, you shouldn't have!

(now it's going to look like I was ranting about even more nothing than I already was)

9581069

(now it's going to look like I was ranting about even more nothing than I already was)

Nah! Have a look!

There are a lot of comments about things that were wrong with the story that I have since fixed!
That doesn't mean that they now look bad. In fact, I make a point of acknowledging every correction directly. Because I know they're not trying to 'point out my flaws' or 'prove me wrong'. It's not about who is right or wrong. It's a group effort to make this story the best it can be! For that I am always grateful.
And in the process I learn a few things. Such as:
"Naturist resorts aren't called naturalist resorts", and "they don't have three-strike rules".
I am always appreciative of that, and for all of my wonderful fans who volunteer their help!

9581087
A bit late but: Oh wait, it's written by Shakespearicles. I should have known.

Also, nice intense nod. *nods sagely*

9581075
lol yeah I know. I appreciate your attention to detail and being receptive to input! I was just kidding around, really

9581120
My mind can only comprehend cuteness.

What hath thou done?

9581130

What hath thou done?


Demetrius: "Villain, what hast thou done?"
Aaron: "That which thou canst not undo."
Chiron: "Thou hast undone our mother."
Aaron: "Villain, I have done thy mother!

― William Shakespeare, Titus Andronicus

9581159
... never knew that Shakespeare invented the first 'yo mamma' joke over 400 years ago?
i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/211/984/89c.png

9581164
Oh, I've heard of it, though until now I think I only half-believed and half-suspected it.

Now with a direct quote, that is laid to a definite rest.

Still, good comeback. Should have seen that coming.

... I seem to be saying that a lot.

Bravo, good sir, touché.

I've got to ask: are you a naturist yourself? Because if not, I'm kind of impressed that you've done your homework to understand naturist values, at least on a surface level. This is a perfectly serviceable clopfic, but I had to admit it feels a little exploitative of naturism, to me personally. It feels like the casual nudity is an excuse to make the characters horny, rather than an honest representation of naturism.

Not suggesting you're being hurtful on purpose or anything. It's just the fact that, when I read the commentary about body shame? I find myself agreeing with that 100%! And then everyone gets horny. Neither are bad in any way, it's just the contrast that bugs me.

9581656

Real talk:

I am a practicing naturist when I can be, (which isn't as often as I'd like). In this story, I did try to have at least some honest representation of naturism. I really wanted to include my commentary about body shame for exactly that reason. Although as realistic as I did try to keep this, I do recognize the exploitative aspect of this story, using casual nudity as a vehicle to sex.

To have Twilight and Shining simply understand and become comfortable with the lifestyle and not become involved with on another would have been a perfectly good premise. But it simply wasn't the direction I wanted to take this story. In this regard, all I can do is aggressively point at the 'fiction' part of FimFiction.

My intent was to take two people who were not nudists themselves, and place them in a situation that was alien to both of them. To say that 'everyone gets horny' is a little hyperbolic. The people around them do not sexualize nudity, but Twilight and Shining, as 'newcomers' to this strange lifestyle, still had that erotic association. (An important contrast I intentionally wanted to make.)

This is what lead to them looking at each other in a new way, both literally and figuratively. By the end, Shining and Twilight have become comfortable with their nudity, and have (for the most part) separated nudity with sexuality. But by then, with nudity simply as the catalyst, they had already crossed that bridge to the next level of their relationship.

Thank you for bringing up these points! It is a worthwhile discussion to have, in which I did not expect to be engaging from this comedy/clopfic.

Login or register to comment