• Published 17th Nov 2021
  • 4,004 Views, 53 Comments

Twilight Uses Science Instead of Magic To Blow Stuff Up - iAmSiNnEr



Twilight has had her crown stolen. She's going to get it back, no matter the cost. Though, she'll need to use science this time.

  • ...
10
 53
 4,004

Honestly, What Did We Expect?

Twilight Uses Science Instead of Magic To Blow Stuff Up

By iAmSiNnEr


Twilight blearily opened her eyes and yawned, before sneezing. Her eyes drifted over to the doorway, where a cloaked figure was making her exit. A glint caught her eye.

“My crown!” Twilight shouted. “She’s got my crown!”

“Ugh!” The cloaked figure groaned, before making a run for it.

“Stop, you!” Twilight yelled, galloping after the cloaked figure as her horn lit up in an array of explosive runes. “I will blow you up!”

“Twilight, what’s happening?” Cadence blearily peeked out of her door, before the cloaked figure slammed into her and sent her tumbling. In the process, the cloaked figure stumbled and fell, the crown falling onto the ground along with the cloak falling off the mare.

An orange unicorn mare was revealed, streaks of auburn in her mane. “Sorry it had to be this way, Princess,” the mare said, before she and the crown disappeared in a flash of magic, only to reappear on the other side of the corridor. She kicked open a door, before rushing inside. Twilight promptly teleported after her, the runes on her horn spinning, ready to activate.

Inside the door, there was a mirror. The unicorn looked at Twilight and smiled, before throwing the crown inside. Immediately after, she jumped into the portal. Twilight growled. “Dammit…”


“Sunset Shimmer. A former student of mine. She began her studies with me not long before Twilight,” Celestia paced the room, a worried look on her face. “But when she did not get what she wanted as quickly as she liked, she turned cruel and dishonest. I tried to help her, but she eventually decided to abandon her studies and pursue her own path. One that has sadly led to her stealing your crown.”

“She replaced Twilight's with this one.” Spike held up the fake crown.

“I suppose Sunset Shimmer thought you wouldn't notice right away that this was not yours,” Celestia mused. “And by the time you did, it would be too late to go after your crown and Element of Harmony- where did Twilight go?”

“Looks like she went to that room where the mirror is, Sister,” Luna smiled grimly. “I fear more for your student than she at this point. Remember what she did to Tirek?”

“...yes. Spike, please go after her and make sure she doesn’t do anything foolish.”

“Yes, Princess!” Spike saluted, before rushing after Twilight.


Twilight groaned, her head spinning from the array of colors that had assaulted her as she went through the portal. “Ugh…”

“Uh, Twilight?” Spike looked up at Twilight.

“Spike?” Twilight asked, her head still spinning. “You weren’t supposed to come after me...wait, are you a dog?”

“Yeah, I...think so?” Spike looked at himself, his tail wagging uncontrollably. “But I have no idea what you are!”

Twilight looked at herself, before promptly collapsing on the ground laughing. “What in Equestria-” she choked. “Nevermind.” She recomposed herself. “Oh, jeez, this feels weird.”

“You also don’t have a horn or wings,” Spike pointed out.

“Well, that’s interesting,” Twilight peered at the building next to them. “Wait, is that Rarity in the window?”

“I don’t think that’s her,” Spike said. “She didn’t come through with us.”

“So we have our counterparts in this world,” Twilight mused. “If I don’t have magic...I have an idea.”

“What is it?” Spike yapped. “I’m all ears!”

“We need to find this world’s Pinkie,” Twilight grinned. “She probably has explosives I can use.”

“That’s a good idea- wait, WHAT?”

“You know that’s how I problem solve, Spike,” Twilight smirked. “If I can’t use my spells to do so, I’m looking for the one source of magic I know is constant in every world. Pinkie Pie.”

“But Princess Celestia said-”

“We’re in another world, Spike,” Twilight rolled her eyes. “What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her. Let’s make a deal. I’ll make you the hero again.”

“...”

“Did Celestia say anything else?” Twilight looked at Spike. “I skipped the lecture.”

“Well, Princess Luna said that we have three days before the portal closes. After that, we’re trapped for thirty moons.”

“Wait, WHAT?!”


“You're from an alternate world and you're a pony princess there and the crown actually has a magical element embedded in it that helps power up other magical elements, and without it, they don't work anymore, and you need them to help protect your magical world, and if you don't get the crown tonight, you'll be stuck in this world and you won't be able to get back for, like, a really, really long time!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

“...” Spike facepawed.

“Honestly, what were we expecting?” Twilight grinned. “Classic Pinkie. I need your help, by the way. Do you have any way to procure explosives?”

Pinkie Pie smiled widely. “I thought nobody would ask. Let’s go to my lab.”

“You have a lab?” Rainbow questioned.

“Let’s not question Pinkie, darling,” Rarity ushered her aside.


Twilight looked at the table full of bubbling liquids and gadgets strewn all over the room.

“Will this do?” Pinkie beamed.

“Oh, this will do just fine,” Twilight grinned.

“Twilight, you sure you know how to use these things?” Spike looked nervously at the equipment.

“Look,” Twilight smirked. “I was Princess Celestia’s personal student for years, Spike. I know the Periodic Table and the chemicals. I know what to use.”

“...now I’m concerned,” Spike said.

Twilight rolled her eyes. “Oh, don’t worry. All I need is Group One Metals. They react with water violently. I can use that to blow whatever I need up. Pinkie, do you know where to get Rubidium?”

“I’ve got something better,” Pinkie’s grin widened. “I have Francium.”

“...now I’m concerned,” Twilight looked at Pinkie. Pinkie’s grin only widened further.


“I win, and you lose,” Sunset laughed evilly, looking down on Twilight. “I have the crown now, and I have ultimate power!”

Twilight smiled. “You should probably get a raincheck on that.”

“What do you mean?” The demon that was Sunset demanded.

“Well, uh,” Twilight whistled nonchalantly. “I have a weapon with me here that is greater than the crown. You’ll never defeat me without it!”

“Give me that weapon!” Sunset took the bait.

“Here you go!” Twilight cheerfully took a vial out of her pocket filled with oil and something metallic at the bottom. She yeeted it up towards Sunset, aiming it at the crown. The vial broke against the crown, exposing the metal to the moisture in the air.

Needless to say, the demon that was Sunset exploded.


“...” Twilight examined the ground, looking at the pieces that were all that remained of the crown. “Spike, we have a problem.”

“I told you we should have gone another route,” Spike grumbled.

“Let’s not tell anyone about this,” Twilight said.

“What about the Element of Magic?” Spike protested.

“I’ll call in a favor from Discord. We’ll steal one from another universe,” Twilight thought out loud.

“Really, Twilight?” Spike groaned. “Another adventure?” Suddenly, they could hear police sirens.

“We should probably skedaddle before the police here arrest me for illegal possession of Cesium.”

“We should, yes.”

“THANKS FOR YOUR HOSPITALITY! DON’T WORRY, I’M NOT A TERRORIST. I’LL SEE YOU AGAIN, GIRLS!” Twilight yelled at the alternate world’s version of her friends. She jumped into the portal, and Spike quickly followed her.

The cops pulled up. “Now, who was the one who had the Cesium?”

Snips and Snails looked at each other, before pointing at the crumpled body of Sunset, who had reverted back to her normal form.


“...another alternate universe?” Discord raised his eyebrow.

“Discord, you owe me,” Twilight sighed. “Come on, please?”

“Fine. But we’re going on a trip afterward to blow up a hydra.”

“Deal.”

Author's Note:

why have I done this

Comments ( 53 )

Whatever happened to you being done with the explosion's :rainbowlaugh: not complaining just pointing it out :pinkiehappy:

11052611
He has me and a number of others egging him on giving him lots of love and support for his works, as is well deserved.

Sin, I like how explosions!Twilight got over turning human a lot faster than the original. Then again it seems you set this one further along the timeline since she already handled Tirek, whereas the original EQG is set right after Magical Mystery Cure so Twilight has barely had a chance to come to grip with things, and then she transforms into something completely alien--no wonder she freaked out.

Twilight rolled her eyes. “Oh, don’t worry. All I need is Group One Metals. They react with water violently. I can use that to blow whatever I need up. Pinkie, do you know where to get Rubidium?”

“I’ve got something better,” Pinkie’s grin widened. “I have Francium.”

“...now I’m concerned,” Twilight looked at Pinkie. Pinkie’s grin only widened further.

Pinkie Pie scares me.

Aww but poor Sunset... exploded and then blamed for illegal Cesium... she's going to juvie she is.

Twilight's gonna have someone hellbent for vengeance she is, making this mistake with Sunset. Jeez.

But at least Twi can have fun blowing up a hydra with Discord.

Now we wait for the stories where Twilight blows up the Sirens, her parallel self (better yet, blow up Crystal Prep), Gloriosa Daisy, and anyone else that she would bother to make a bomb against.

I'm pretty sure the Storm King story will involve Hiroshima proportions.

An orange unicorn mare was revealed, streaks of auburn in her mane. “Sorry it had to be this way, Princess,” the mare said, before she and the horn disappeared in a flash of magic, only to reappear on the other side of the corridor. She kicked open a door, before rushing inside. Twilight promptly teleported after her, the runes on her horn spinning, ready to activate.

Did you mean the crown?

11052632
Later, Pinkie cut a deal with the cops, agreeing to expose her manufacturers in exchange for Sunset's release. In the months that followed, their helpfulness and kindness to Sunset let her "reform", although she does harbor some anger for Twilight.

Pinkie also may or may not have promised the cops several weeks worth of donuts.

why have I done this

For beautiful reasons, friend. Beautiful reasons.

11052710
Oh good. My poor dear Sunset. I am very protective of her you know.

“I’ve got something better,” Pinkie’s grin widened. “I have Francium.”

Wait what the fuck- isn't that shit fucking RADIOACTIVE?!

11052718
I do know. Which is why if I continue this Sunset will be her "better self"

Whelp, lavander dynamite strikes again

THANKS FOR YOUR HOSPITALITY! DON’T WORRY, I’M NOT A TERRORIST. I’LL SEE YOU AGAIN, GIRLS!” Twilight yelled at the alternate world’s version of her friends. She jumped into the portal, and Spike quickly followed her.

Not sus at all.

The pure chaos this Twilight makes will never get old to me

11052803
Might be why she gets along with Discord.

11052807
True, if this was a romance then they might be the main stars only one i can see beat Discord is Luna, For she seems to Love a Big explosion Just as much as they do

It's nice to see that CHS has been turned into an irradiated hot zone. Only purple dynamite can do that! What's next? Twilight shoots the Dazzlings with an 88mm anti-tank artillery rifle?

11052638

(better yet, blow up Crystal Prep)

Story title: Twilight becomes a Terrorist

“I’ve got something better,” Pinkie’s grin widened. “I have Francium.”

If this weren't Pinkie, I'd question how someone got an element that undergoes radioactive decay in less than 20 minutes to be stable.

11052868
I mean, if she can get ahold of some thorium....

This is BRILLIANT! More please!

This series is my serotonin production center

“Stop, you!” Twilight yelled, galloping after the cloaked figure as her horn lit up in an array of explosive runes. “I will blow you up!”

Oh my god, I'm laughing already :rainbowlaugh:

11052733
At least francium only undergoes alpha or beta decay. Otherwise, the fragments of that crown would be deadly.

11052720
Not only is it radioactive, it has a half-life of just 22 minutes at best — which just begs the question of just how she got hold of so much so quickly, and in solid form at that (it’s believed that any significant amount would self-vaporize from its radioactive decay heating).

Add Sunset Shimmer to the list of villains that got blown up. Poor thing.

I can only wonder if the Sci-Twi in this continuity is as boom-boom happy as Princess Twilight.

11053328
Wow. Wow wow wow.

11053349
Well the police seemed quite quick and recognised what explosives are used so...

You have set a new saga off. I wish you well

thank you for the entry into the contest!

11052638
...can't she just blow Cinch up?

“You know that’s how I problem solve, Spike,” Twilight smirked. “If I can’t use my spells to do so, I’m looking for the one source of magic I know is constant in every world. Pinkie Pie.”

She's got a point. An existentially terrifying point.

“...now I’m concerned,” Twilight looked at Pinkie. Pinkie’s grin only widened further.

The pink sees all and knows all.

Now all we need is one more story where Tempest Shadow arrives in Canterlot expecting to just find the three Princesses, only to run across Twilight Sparkle and proceed to fan-girl over the Lavender Alicorn (I will expect that the broken horned mare will refer to Twilight Sparkle as "The Princess of Explosions", while Celestia groans loudly at this level of recognition she did not want for Twilight in the first place) and that results in Tempest immediately helping Twilight to blow up The Storm King and his entire army.
As a result, due to Starlight Glimmer in this Canon still being enemies with Twilight, Tempest Shadow would become Twilight's Apprentice.

The destructive potential of two Golden Pans colliding in TF2 is the end result of this union.

This Twilight seems to take to heart the maxim of “If at first you don’t succeed, make a bigger explosion.”

....
....
....
....

I just had a glorious image pop to mind. One that would probably make Celestia (and many others) run and hide...


This Twilight Sparkle meets.... The Mythbusters

Megumin Pone strikes again!

Can wait to see Twi blow herself up soon.

11053240
Irradiating a magical artifact, especially in a low-magic universe, still seems like a very bad plan. This Sunset may have to deal with much stranger incidents than just sirens, war dryads, and a slightly saner Twilight.

11052632
For those who don't know why this is scary, Francium doesn't like to exist. In fact, if you had a gram of it you'd only have half a gram after about 20 minutes of it due to it's 20 minute half life (rate of radioactive decay). What happens to all that mass? Well some of it becomes other stuff, the rest becomes some form of radiation. How strong is this radiation? Very. It would melt from it's own decay heat without being in a reactor. In short, that shit is not just highly reactive, it'll also give you cancer. However, due to this it's also the second rarest natural element known to man. Th largest amount ever observed was made in a lab and was a measly 300,000 atoms of it.

11054180
The situation is set up like this "Jamie want big boom." And POOF! Lavender Dynamite appears "Jamie want big boom I can make big boom!" then Adam and Spike start running because of the implications that makes.

Love the series completely, just waiting for the next one

11060111
I see her more as an "Anakin" rather than a Tai Lung.

11075527
"S/he was a pupil of mine before s/he turned to evil."

It's believed that the reason of their falling out was because Sunset was more headstrong and stubborn, willing to leap headfirst without listening to anything Celestia said, a Magical prodigy in her own right who has enough capacity to become an Alicorn. Unfortunately, Celestia is of the mind that the only way forward is by listening to her alone, an Autocracy where the only one in absolute power is the Sun Princess, and because she could not control Sunset or reign her in, her student began to see Celestia instead as a control freak just like Luna did before...

11052638
Not possible.

I was gonna say that the sirens win, but it's actually more simple than that.

Twilight's reliance on hate instead of friendship means that the rainbow that alerted the sirens didn't happen; they never show up at CHS.

A dearth of data means that Sci-Twi doesn't pinpoint the the school as the source of the magic either, and even if she had it wouldn't matter because with the Rainbooms untouched by magic and the portal powered down, there's nothing for her to steal.

Without Sci-Twi breaking the portal, Gloriosa never gets empowered. So on, so forth.

This naturally means that all of that magic that would have leaked into the human world is instead remaining in Equestria, causing problems there instead, where the more robust ambient magic field should be dialing it up to eleven. (Or twenty three, as the case may be.)

In canon, Equestria's Harmony Magic was lessened to the point of being less powerful than weeds within one episode of the crown being corrupted. Suddenly Equestrian magic starts pumping out more villains than ever before, but Sci-Twi opened up an escape valve, which --as things like Storm King's excess magic was fucking with the human world instead of Equestria demonstrated-- was pretty effective at siphoning that off.

Twilight destroyed the crown, and then poisoned the replacement by stealing it from its rightful Bearer and damning an entire universe in the process, so the Harmony Magic in her Equestria is going to shitfucked on a level that canon Equestria can only have nightmares about, and the escape valve is never going to be opened. It'll be like a villain creation pressure cooker heated beyond its safe operating range, while all of the Equestria Girls villains were created by a mild simmer in an open-air pan.

As such, instead of human Gloriosa, you'll get some Equestrian (possibly also Gloriosa) and it would be absurdly surprising, at best, if her powers weren't sufficient to threaten Equestria on a national level, because the thing that's empowering her is several orders of magnitude more extreme than the thing that empowered canon Gloriosa.

And then Twilight will blow her up. At which point Twilight's connection to her stolen element will almost certainly make the entire situation that much more extreme. Rinse, repeat, and watch things escalate, because all they can do is escalate. The only way for them to do otherwise is for someone to end Twilight's reign of explosions, and that would violate the premise of the fictional universe in which the stories are set.


There's another issue too, beyond just that the Dazzlings never come, which means that the rest of the dominos never fall. Sunset is almost certainly dead. That's (probably) why Snips and Snails aren't worried about vengeance if they blame her. She can't very well get vengeance if she's a smoking corpse.

In the highly unlikely event that she's not dead, she's an undocumented immigrant that Twilight just framed for a terrorist attack. Sunset won't be going to jail, she'll be disappeared to an off the books prison. No one other than Sunset knows that the journal is a way to contact Equestria.

It'll be at least thirty moons before it's possible for Twilight to interact with the human world again. That timeline does not allow for Twilight to face the Equestria Girls villains.

“Stop, you!” Twilight yelled, galloping after the cloaked figure as her horn lit up in an array of explosive runes. “I will blow you up!”

love how quickly and directly Twilight resorted to this!

Inside the door, there was a mirror. The unicorn looked at Twilight and smiled, before throwing the crown inside. Immediately after, she jumped into the portal. Twilight growled. “Dammit…”

a Twilight that would threaten to blow ponies up would say a swear in this situation, wouldn't she?

“Looks like she went to that room where the mirror is, Sister,” Luna smiled grimly. “I fear more for your student than she at this point. Remember what she did to Tirek?”

ah, the Princesses' exasperation at just how murder-y this Twilight is is good stuff

“You know that’s how I problem solve, Spike,” Twilight smirked. “If I can’t use my spells to do so, I’m looking for the one source of magic I know is constant in every world. Pinkie Pie.”

aww, this would be so fun and heartwarming if it was not about how to obtain explosives!

“Give me that weapon!” Sunset took the bait.

“Here you go!” Twilight cheerfully took a vial out of her pocket filled with oil and something metallic at the bottom. She yeeted it up towards Sunset, aiming it at the crown. The vial broke against the crown, exposing the metal to the moisture in the air.

Needless to say, the demon that was Sunset exploded.

perfect way to twist the scene here! ah, poor Demon Sunset!

“THANKS FOR YOUR HOSPITALITY! DON’T WORRY, I’M NOT A TERRORIST. I’LL SEE YOU AGAIN, GIRLS!” Twilight yelled at the alternate world’s version of her friends. She jumped into the portal, and Spike quickly followed her.

The cops pulled up. “Now, who was the one who had the Cesium?”

Snips and Snails looked at each other, before pointing at the crumpled body of Sunset, who had reverted back to her normal form.

oof!

why have I done this

because Lavender Dynamite is a very fun character and we all love her. and it's all thanks to you, Sin!

LOL, Sunset's in prison...~
Also, Discord could have just reversed the time on the crown and put it back together again - instead, the solution was SO much dangerous hassle XD.

A sequel..? Wuth hte bfuuu

more baffled sounds

Login or register to comment