• Published 27th Oct 2018
  • 5,032 Views, 43 Comments

How Blueblood Jumped Out of a Window and Got a Promotion - Equimorto



Saying he didn't like Princess Luna after she was dead had probably not been one of Blueblood's smartest moves. Neither had jumping out of the window shortly afterwards, once he really thought about it.

  • ...
6
 43
 5,032

Redemption(?)

After several seconds of keeping his eyes closed, Blueblood finally realized that he wasn't falling any more, and that he was still alive. He stared back into the room, where he saw Celestia teleport everypony else away with a flash of her horn and then talk to Luna. After a brief conversation, the most important part of which was how his statement hadn't been mentioned, the white alicorn walked away and closed the coffin's cover over her sister's head, leaving her there, then walked out while she called her, asking to be taken out.

Blueblood saw his chance. In the brief interval of time between the moment Celestia walked out of the room and the one when Luna would have remembered one of the twelve to thirty ways she could have gotten out of there on her own he jumped back in the room, experienced another period of self-reflection over his life and choices while waiting to land back inside, then ran up to the coffin and opened it.

Luna looked at him, surprised. "Vladímir, dear, what are you doing here? I thought I saw you jump out of a window just a minute ago."

"I did," Blueblood replied, "but when I heard your screams I came back inside to save you."

Luna's expression brightened. "You climbed all the way back in here to save me? You deserve a reward! I will make you a prince!"

"Well, actually I'm already a prince."

"Duke?"

"I think that would be a downgrade."

Luna put a hoof under her chin, concentrating. "I got it!" she exclaimed after a moment, startling Blueblood. "I will make you my personal student! If Celestia has one then I will too. You will learn all sort of things! Like how to deal with the monsters that come out at night, or how to do the opposite of what your biological clock tells you in terms of sleep, or how to spend hours fixing the dreams of other ponies, or how to properly fly with your new wings, or how to memorize the entire history of Equestria to recite it at important events, or how-"

"Well, actually I would be more interested in-Wait, what did you say?"

"'How to properly feed your bats'?"

"No, before that."

"'I thought I saw you jump out of a window just a minute ago'?"

"No, after that. Did you say something about wings?"

"Well, Celestia's student became an alicorn, I don't see why you shouldn't do the same."

Blueblood stared at her for a couple of seconds. "So when do we start?"

"Immediately!" Luna beamed. "To the dungeons," she said, grabbing Blueblood with a hoof and pulling him close to her chest.

"Wait, what?"

The two disappeared in a flash of magic.

Comments ( 29 )

Please keep this going! Its hilarious!

That's one of the most Blueblood stories I've ever read. I loved it.

His reward is his karmic punishment...

I laughed. That was an amazing follow up.

This was delightful

XD I love this so much XD Blueblood, that's what you get for not liking Woona

Was expecting the punchline to be that nobody'd heard him, so Luna woke up thinking that he'd jumped because she'd died, having decided he couldn't possibly live in a world without her.

Cue romantic comedy.

Hey, HEY.
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ENDING!? THAT'S NOT A SECOND CHAPTER

THAT'S A GOD DAMN CLIFFHANGER FOR THE NEXT EPISODE.

....Dafuq was that ending? :pinkiecrazy: :twilightoops:
:rainbowlaugh:

...Aaaaand let the clop begin! :)

I love the fact that this Blueblood has the ability to look back and analyze the entirety of his life and the choices he’s made in the span of a short hop.

I could basically hear Miss Scribbler, complete with her comedic timing. And yeah, in my head Obabscribbler is the narrator for comedy stories.

Doomed.

Although now I'm reminded, there's at least one fic where Blueblood is the Bruce Wayne to Equestria's Batman... it's an origin story!

Vladímir

Wait what :rainbowderp:

Blueblood as Luna's student? Brilliant, would love to see more!

9259339
He was referred to as Vladímir in a story published on a French magazine:
vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/e/e8/Leon_is_introduced_in_the_French_My_Little_Pony_magazine.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120208215327&format=original
It's up for debate whether or not that's canon.

The time it took for the first chapter with his mind racing through and considering his entire fate and karmic situation ended up being 747 words.

"Wait, what?"

The two disappeared in a flash of magic.

The time it took between these two moments should be worth AT LEAST a few thousand....:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Well, he is one hell of a fast thinker, even if he jumped (i am not sorry) to the wrong conclusions. If he actualy gets educated by Luna, he might become an important asset to the Equestria.

pff relax celestia only has fun dungeons in the castle, (except for the unfun one) but what are the odds they'll start in the unfungeon?

9260787
it's always best to not try to go too far, otherwise you just end up writing for the sake of writing.
Especially if the writer is well known for short stories.
We can always get sequels later, or not, it's always better than having a half assed project.

If this had higher humor density, it would collapse in on itself and form a pink hole. Brilliant work. Thank you for it.

Sounds like if he wants those wings, he's going to have to earn them. The dungeons bring to mind video games and grinding to level up. I hope he's ready. MWAHAHAHAHAH!

9261521
Then after trillions of years of laughter that pink hole collapses into a pink pie.

That was absolutely hilarious. A great follow up for the comic.

9261521
9272103
And that's how Pinkie Pie was made!

Blue Blood Just got redeemed.

She never mentioned feeding bats the first time.

Login or register to comment