• Published 19th Apr 2018
  • 26,422 Views, 600 Comments

Staying Put - An Intricate Disguise



A surely weak and helpless stallion is living on the edge of the Everfree. Twilight and co. attempt to rescue him and herd him under the safety of mares. Said stallion happens to like the sound of herding, but he'll not say it outright. (RGRE)

Comments ( 67 )

Well good to see that Coco had some common sense. Why do I feel that Twilight and Rarity need to either talk it out or fight it out.

A little bit of the mid-drinking internal monologue feels familiar somehow, like it's been gone over recently somewhere. :derpytongue2:

9425328
No intentional relevance to any other discussions anywhere else, any that there might be is completely coincidental—things were going to go down like this no matter what, I've had this planned for a long while.

Quite a entertaining chapter, it’s good to see some reflection and progress with this character’s life and personality.

Almost forgot about this story and I’m kinda glad I did because it made finding out there was a new chapter out all the more exciting! Keep up the good work buddy!

9425330
I believe you, I just found the coincidence amusing for it's own sake.

hmmmm, Twilight is not at fault for Jason getting a BJ from Pinkie before meeting Rarity, thats 100% his fault, he fucked up and should fix things. Not Twilight. If hes this weak now, he will be this weak if he becomes more permanent with Rarity. They will just have a broken relationship if he cant acknowledge that weakness

I still don't understand the reason for the Teilight bash in this series. I understand that you needed some type of antagonist, but I've personaly never felt that Twilight would be this kind of vindictive.
But it's your story, I would just like some explanation for Twilights total of character interpretation at some point

I initially had some problems with this chapter, because it reads like some a victim blaming themself for being sexually assaulted rather than sound logic. And then it hit me that that's a thing that happens, and that I now needed to adjust my expectations a bit because shit is getting real now.

And I like it.

Interesting chapter. Something I have to ask, though, is what you plan on doing with Twilight. I actually really like Twilight, so I'm trying to figure out where you plan to go with her. As it is, she's apparently the worst of the mane 6 when it comes to romancing Jason. The thing is, though, that she isn't really, or at least she isn't any worse than Pinkie or Rainbow. Honestly, it feels mostly Jason is just using her as a scapegoat for his anger and resentment. I'm not saying that some of it isn't justified, but I'm hoping you don't turn Twilight into the butt of this story.

9425307
Fight. Especially with what Coco said, starting to get a real nasty impression of this Twilight.

9425501

We need to keep in mind Coco only knows of Twilight's actions from Rarity and we know she can be an unreliable narrator of events. However I do think Twilight is the least experienced of the mane 6 in relationships.

9425495

The thing is, though, that she isn't really, or at least she isn't any worse than Pinkie or Rainbow.

While I'm not getting a very good impression of Twilight from this story, I'd definitely say Pinkie and Rainbow are worse. Pinkie just straight up engaged in sexual contact without consent, which would at least be sexual assault. Rainbow, meanwhile, threatened not to leave his home without some form of sex, which, though lacking in the connotations of either violence or blackmail that the term generally implies, technically counts as coercion, making that, again, at best, sexual assault.

My first inclination was to call them both acts of rape outright, but I'm not so clear on where the line between that and sexual assault would be. What I am clear on is that they're both well into the territory of shit you just shouldn't do.

So, while Twilight's not coming off too well, she hasn't done any of that.

The raw emotions here, flip flopping from rage, self pity, desperation and vulnerability. Perfect for the introspection of a drunk man, trying to find where he messed up at the bottom of a bottle.

I'm liking this Coco, and apparently we hear from her that Twilight's action here, are not a singular incident. Makes one wonder, if her behavior is due to her own social awkwardness or it was acquired from a role model.

Considering they're not even in an ACTUAL relationship, Rarity doesn't even really have a right to be upset with him just because Pinkie sucked his dick.

9425603
Nothing's been said outright, but the story seems to be implying that Rarity's coming into this with a lot of emotional baggage, the exact nature of which could make it a good deal more complicated than her being upset with Jason.

Jeez I feel terrible for the guy. Used and abused in a land of magical horses.

enough mental lubricant to kill a baby panda

I know this is supposed to be a more emotional and serious chapter, and you did a horrific job on it, but damn if I didn't lose it here :rainbowlaugh:

Oh, and kudos on the humane portrayal of his feelings, and of everyone involved. Specially as it seems he's the equivalent of Helen of Troy, and the hint that he might be just handsome enough to lead the mares to madness.

That was a sad chapter but I'm hes getting his shit together, and I hope that he can get things on track.I still hope he makes a herd with Rarity as the head and Twilight as the Second,and I hope to find out what's the beef with them and way they are fighting over him.

"I'll break it down: you. are. smashed. You need sleep. I'm going to lay you down, and I'm not going to try anything funny with you. I promise."

The fact that a mare doesn't want to hold him down and fuck him right then and there is pretty insane given hiw he's been treated. And I really hope him saying its all his fault is just the trauma and alcohol talking, because he literally did nothing wrong. He was molested/raped, end of story. If that makes him "bad" then they can all go to hell.

I require more or else

Personally, I’m curious about this history that Twilight has with Rarity and stallions. Notice that Coco doesn’t say that Twilight has a history with stallions; it’s with Rarity and stallions.

This Chapter was great!

Shit got really, real in this chapter! Great job!:moustache:

Kinda wish this got updated a bit more but i get that what u update is more what your patrons want.

A good look at Jason's though process inebriated though it may be. Coco is a good friend. I'm glad she's turned up. Hopefully she'll be able to help Jason put things together in the morning. Thanks for the update and I look forward to reading the next one.

This is getting interesting now. Wasn't overly convinced initially, but am following now because of this last chapter.

Would somepony figure out he wasn't always a pony and explain the mare to stallion ratio

Coco got some big hints in that drunken tirade. Will she pick them up?
Keep going! ;)

9425330
When is the next chapter going to be out

I've not even started reading but I love it.

I gotta stop starting things that are incomplete. Especially really good things like this👌🏻

9481599
I believe the ratio is somewhere in the 1 male : 7 female. Also I think he was human before and we don’t know how he got here

God damn. This fucking roller coaster. Here I am on the chapter where Jason's cuddling up with Coco and I get cocked blocked and discover there's no chapter after this. I got to wait in agony as a wait for the next chapter, or blissfully forget about the story all together as I go abut my day. Fucking hell man. This is some good shit but damn, I wish there was more.

9481599
Yeah, it would probably help. If only it wasn't for the fact that most of 'em can't seem to think far beyond their damn tails...

Still, turned up to eleven as this is, in spirit it's not too far from what you'd get perhaps even in the 60s. Makes you think, doesn't it.



More, please. I couldn't give two fucks about the sex at this point (though do keep that in please) - I just want to know what happens next.

This reminds me of Re Zero, how the main C broke and said that he would do it, that he would degrade himself as much as he needed for Rarity. It reminded me of how the main C of Re Zero became really pathetic with all the King candidates at one part. Where he was gonna lick one of their shoes before getting kicked.

I really do hope this main C get a redemption arc or something and that he doesn’t stay this pathetic. Or that we are just meant to ignore what happened before and think that he’s a worthwhile character cause reasons

This is really good.
WHEN MORE?!
:P

9810972
No, maybe she’ll like blue.....


She doesn’t want blue...

Dude, it's been almost ten months! When are you going to update!?

Edit:
And now it has been 10 months. Where are you?

9425643
You're asking a lot. Let's be honest.

Imma call it dead. I'm worried, it's been over a year, hopefully the author is ok, I'm worried.

seems dead... :raritydespair:

Hey... so... any update on the horizon?

10052186
Intricate is fine, just has other stories to write atm

Hopefully, come morning, he'd be able to deal with the aftermath.

Except the morning never came. Sad.

This kinda stuff is why I was so happy to support you on patreon when you first started it. I find myself picking up my phone and having a read whenever I can, not to get my rocks off. But to see how this is maybe going to work
Best of luck Jason. We're rooting for you.
(PS I hope this story still invokes that creative spark for you. I'm sure we would love to see more!)

I love fic is there any chance that it will be starting again ? I want to know if twilight makes up

She came across as a true misogynist,

Twiggles hates females?
Is she the sexist version of Uncle Ruckus? :rainbowlaugh:

I haven’t been a fan of RGRE before, but *damn*. This is written terrifically. It feels like a sharp, biting commentary on gender roles while still being interesting to read. Hoping it updates one day.

Login or register to comment