• Published 20th Feb 2016
  • 2,492 Views, 142 Comments

Days of Our Hives - Damaged



A human finds herself carried away from earth and trapped in a changeling hive.

Comments ( 32 )
SRY

What a good story. I'm sad to see it end but I like the ending. Thanks

exultant story and I must say perfect ending.

Sharp's eyes were aglow - Sweet's eyes were aglow
but when Sally - but when Sally -or- but then Sally
*****
If there were more typos that snuck past me, it's because I was misty-eyed though the last third of this chapter.

It's been a fantastic experience to read the story of Sally and her new family, and provided a new perspective on changelings, at least Silververse changelings.

Thank you for writing it, and even greater is my gratitude that you shared it with all of us!

Huzzah! The end has been doubled. My only complaint with this story is that it ended. But, stories do that I suppose. :pinkiesad2: Great story. I wanna sequel :pinkiecrazy: . I promise I'm not reaching for my poking-stick... yet. :scootangel:

And then they went out to conquer the world!
Seriously though. It was fun, and the future is bright for the hive.
Keep going! ;)

6995135 Thanks for rounding up what I hope are the last of the typos for this one, they will all get hugs before being stuffed in pods.

It has been quite the ride, this was the second chapter I cried over, although this one was happy tears.

6995251 I am thinking of a sequel, not sure where it would go but I think a changeling satyr making it to Equestria would be quite fun and silly.

6995830 Conquer? I think they would absorb the world. There is room for everypony in their hive now, so long as they are willing to be part of the hive. If not, subjugate!

6994906 Thank you.

6994774 It needed AN ending, this seemed like the right place to have it.

I wish to thank everypony for reading and following this, it has been great fun writing "yet another soldier in Equestria" story, but with a twist.

Please, could the last one out turn off the lights?

6995907 sequel prompt: Sally's daughter goes on a reconnaissance mission to Equestria. ;)

I name your Princess - I name you Princess

Oops. Better late than never, right? :facehoof:

7062044 *gasps* There was a typo disguised as a changeling in the hive? :twilightoops:

Ch19 Searching for feelings
every time she she started to get control of the giggles she imagined more wishes becoming ponies and her belly filling with their love
time she started

Ch20 Routine
The words ate at Hungry,
Hunger, Several instances of 'Hungry' instead of Hunger outside of dialogue.

Ch21 United
The new had shocked the mares,
news



Thank you for writing and sharing!
This is definitely going in my favorites :pinkiehappy:

7099788 Thanks for helping make it better, too. I am glad you enjoyed it :twilightsmile:

7114242 Sally has learned well the way of the hive. You can kill a queen, but all other members of a hive are resources.

7155092

Depends on if changelings can feed off changelings. Otherwise hive wars just got a whole lot more gruesome.

Spacecowboy
Moderator

This came out a good, dark read about changelings, and Sally's character was also quite good. I could see a sequel coming of this, perhaps even some interaction with Equestria, striving towards that integration and acceptance, perhaps? Would be a shame to see their story end here though, definitely. Good job on the story.

7341069 I did write a little sequel to this, but it was more something adorable I had kicking around in my head. It links this in with the main SilverVerse stories and is all about Sally's daughter.

It is short and sweet, something I sometimes feel I just have to do, if only to get it out of my system.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/318803/wild-and-free

Spacecowboy
Moderator

7341245

Yeah saw it, I was more referring to something a tad longer, if your mind ever comes to decide on giving it the time. That's up to be read next, just had some school work and the like to handle first before it got too late. Just think it'd be nice to see the whole integration notion played out with these characters and mindsets.

Also, just noticed, but someone is quite fascinated with changelings, are they not?

7341382 If there was more integration, I would have to keep it out of Canterlot (it is a shared world that tries as hard as possible to keep the show fully canon). Maybe they would approach one of the southern cities first.

And yes, I love the potential changelings offer. They are a delightfully odd race to have in a kids show, that is for sure.

Spacecowboy
Moderator

7341508
... I keep forgetting you are constantly writing in David's universe. Shame, as it constricts things a massive amount, at least with the major shakers and movers, not to mention the radically different landscape. The short sequel was cute, but I feel this would've been better outside of the verse. Not much more really to say though beyond that. Both were good reads.

7341527 That was actually how Given Shape got so crazy. I had a world all my own to mess with. If I were writing a continuation on this story, however, it would, again, be a long way outside of what David is doing in his, enough that I could mess with a lot of things.

Or I could can the 'world canon' and just make it all its own thing. I will add it to my idea tracker and see if anything boils up from it.

Does the human becomes a changeling at some point? i'm not prepared to start a story i would not finish if not, i have already too many loose ends in my head

7459017 They become a changeling satyr (legs, skin, horn, wings) and become male in the process.

helo 7459381 2 questions:

the queen is the mother of the hive?

the main character is transformed into an changeling queen?:rainbowhuh:

7501198 The queen is the mother of the hive, although drones are allowed to reproduce as well.

The main character, Sally, is turned into a changeling satyr, but a breeder for a queen, not a queen herself.

Typo hunt begins!
Ch1

martial her strength

marshal
Ch2

one pegasi

pegasus
Ch5

Worst comes to worst,

Worse comes to worst

The human blushed. "This world is corrupting me."

"Can I help?"

:rainbowlaugh: best succubus.
Ch7

falls to it's weakest member.

its

7586260 Thanks, typos squished! :heart:

7586417
Back in service for the other scoop! Was reading download version so I got a bit muddled on chapter.

claimed that limb as her's.

hers.
Ch11

one gender work properly."

one sex work
Ch?

a pegasi

a pegasus

with it's intensity.

its

flaunt the rule again

flout
Ch19?

all through could stand against her in this.

all three


Wonderful ride. Fun look at varying changelings.

7586855 All fixed, and thank you for the words! :twilightsmile:

I have to say, this story was awesome! :rainbowwild:
It had everything a good story should: humour, action, romance, a little tragedy, an a satisfying ending. :twilightsmile:
With your bonus points, i give this a 12 on the :yay:itude meter! :rainbowdetermined2:
Here's to a bright future for their hive and their love!:raritywink:

Quick question, what is the silver verse

10969308 It starts over here:

TClueless in Equestria
A middle aged human ends up in Equestria dropped in the middle of nowhere. He wanders into town and quickly discovers pony folk are kind folk. Maybe there's a life to be made here.
David Silver · 67k words  ·  952  73 · 18k views
Login or register to comment