• Published 2nd Sep 2015
  • 20,120 Views, 226 Comments

Mare Of The Moon - tom117z



Everypony knows Celestia's star student, the young unicorn who aced her entrance exam. But who is she really? Who is Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
42
 226
 20,120

12 - Epilogue

Dear Aunt Celestia



So this is my first friendship report after I volunteered to the task of studying the magic of friendship in Ponyville. I learned that no matter how far a friend falls there is light somewhere in their hearts, and if a second chance is possible they more than deserve one. My friends could have easily let me drop off that cliff edge to my doom, but they saved me, and I in turn saved both you and my mother.

All in all it went surprisingly well.

I know you are busy with the diplomatic fallout of the recent events that befell Equestria, should you have need of me Princess Twilight would always be here to lend a hoof, I mean it I'm quite eager to get back into my duties as Princess of The Stars.

I should also thank you for giving me permanent ownership of the Ponyville Library during my stay here, you know me well enough that you realise how much I love books it would seem! Mother has been visiting regularly, as you likely already know, it is good to spend time with her after everything that has happened. I had missed just being a family.

Speaking of family Shining has finally spoken to me, I was afraid he never would again. Remind me to thank Cadance profusely for talking to him. I don't know what I'd do without my BBBFF. It was brief but he wants me to come to my adoptive parents home in Canterlot, I'm eager to smooth things over between us, to let them know I always have and still do love them.

The ponies of Ponyville have seem to be warming up to me (after a few hours of running and screaming), but I fear it will take longer for me to earn the trust of the rest of Equestria, I bet mother is having an even harder time. Though with your help and the help of my friends I am confident that trust will come.

On the subject of my friends they all treat me as if Nightmare Nova never happened, a sentiment I am very grateful for. Could you perhaps send extra tickets for this years Gala? I would quite like to treat them...

Spike seems pretty unfazed by what happened, apparently he slept through the whole thing, lazy dragon.

(Princess it's Spike, I'm not lazy it's just that the lack of an actual day confused my body clock I swear!)

Anyway I hope you are doing well, good luck with all those angry nobles. Good to know that some things don't seem to change even after a thousand years...

I look forward to seeing what the future holds.



Your fellow Princess, Niece and ever most Faithful Student
Twilight Sparkle

Author's Note:

Thanks you all so much for your support! I did not expect this story to gain so many views and likes... thank you!

See you in my next story: Change

Comments ( 49 )

why did you make the previous chapter sad!? you mean person!

Y'know, even though it's a bit lacking on the quality side; you get a favorite for effort.

Really good story! Wait there is going to be a sql?

6538745 Sort of... wait and see... :twilightsmile:

That was fun, may I have another? Looking forward to more.
Keep up the good work. Deus tecum.

Please please please please tell me you're making a sequel

6539591 i want a sequel too

You have no choice. You MUST make sequel.

6539744
6539645
6539591
6539025

Yes there will be a sequel!

Though since I have yet to even start planning a sequel to this one story I will be accepting suggestions and idea's! :pinkiehappy:

6540603 well I think politics will play a part in all of this. Then of course Luna and Twilight dealing with their times as Nightmares

loved the ending ;D

Quite good, quite good. There are still a few grammar and spelling errors, and it can break the flow of a story (well it does for me anyway, my mind picks it up and I'm forced to stop reading to mentally correct the mistake). Sometimes when typing you can miss one letter or put a letter in place of another one, but the new word is still a real word and spelt correctly so spell check does not pick it up. eg. for=or, of=if
The flow seemed a little quick, though I didn't mind overly much. You got the points across, and you didn't drag out parts.

Spike seems pretty unfazed by what happened, apparently he slept through the whole thing, lazy dragon.

The bit at the end with spike, did spike really sleep for weeks straight because his body clock was out of whack because of no daylight? Really? Kinda got the feeling that he was forgotten. I can understand maybe returning to wherever they were staying (was it still the library in this universe?) when he realized Twilight wasn't still at the celebration after; but did he really just sleep and not worry about where Twilight was once?

This review/comment has gone a little long. I did enjoy the read, loved how your plot changed/didn't change canon. Will read again for sure. Keep up the good work, you can only improve and get better.

I think this would've had a deeper impact had Twi actually died, and we had to see Nightmare Moon come to terms with it all and see the Remane 5, Shining, Cadence and Celestia try to move on from it, as well as Equestria readjusting to Celestia regaining control and NMM retaking control of the moon (If she chose too after that). Am I the only one who wanted Nova & NMM to win?

So for the most part a good story, But the ending was too predictably sugary for my tastes.

You know I just thought of an odd tie in to Twilights character after reading this. In ancient Greece stars not only told their sailors where to go but where also used to create and tell stories. A lot of the celestial signs we have Sagittarius Scorpio, pieces and so on were used as main characters in those stories. So Twilight goddess of the stars and having a book fetish kinda makes since in that regard. Or even just her cutie mark from the show being stars. But hey thats just a Theory A... what what do you mean thats already been used god damnit. :derpytongue2:

6731302 No your not the only one I personaly would've liked to see Twilight go through and try to convince her mother to raise the sun after Celestia's death or possible be forced to fight her and take the crown for herself... All hail Queen Twilight!

Good ending!:twilightsmile:

7629178 Maybe :pinkiecrazy:

Twi is best pony after all.

Aaahhh, the end of the story. I enjoyed it greatly. Props to you, author!:moustache:

Well, found the story and liked it, congratulations

Well then. I left this in Read it Later for waaaaaaaay too long. I'm sure glad I finally read it! :pinkiehappy:

6540603 Given that by the end of the story Twilight is 33 years old you have a whole different angle you could portray the events of the show through. Your Twilight Sparkle is starting out trying to find her place in modern Equestria while learning about friendship and dealing with the fallout of her and Luna's actions; rather than the bookish shut in learning about friendship in canon. The two are very different characters, your Twilight having 10-15 years more experience than her canon counterpart (I'm basing this off of Faust saying she thought of the Mane Six as being between 12 and 17 years old). I look forward to seeing what you end up doing for the sequel!

i love your work and sorry if you get asked this all the time, but when do you plan on making a second mare of the moon.

7974436 When I have the time.

6540603 a brilliant idea for a sequel would be a slice of life story of Twilight learning friendship while trying to gain the trust of everypony. Also, you could show how Luna also makes amends and re-integrates to Equestria.

Though whatever you do, DO NOT HAVE A ROMANCE PLOT. It would make the forgiveness plot far too quick. And make sure that the Mane 5 take time to really trust Twilight, based on who it is. I mean, Pinkie would trust her immediately, but Rainbow is far more headstrong, and unlikely to forgive all that fast.

Such a great story! gaaaaaah now I want a sequel to this story! :pinkiecrazy:

I feel this would go great with a sequel afterwards. Like a bunch of shorts of this twilight going through the episodes you know.

For a sequel, I'd like to see Twilight and Luna refusing to celebrate Nightmare Night.

I had to read this before continuing Change. Needed a quick break, now back to Changeling Twilight.

this was really well done and I love it

How come you took down the sequel?

8744220
Uh, Mare of the Moon has yet to gain a sequel.

Will it ever? I would read it.

Are you going to do a sequel?, Because I would love to read one :twilightsheepish: :twilightsmile:

9165973
Eventually. It's just been pushed back for other stories once or twice. :twilightblush:

Even after all these years I still love this story maybe after you finish the change series you can make a sequel to this

9405427
There are a lot of things I'd do differently with this story if I were writing it today. But as it is, it was the second one I'd written on this site.

I like this story but I have one major complaint Spike is pretty much forgotten after the Summer Sun Celebration and I would love to see how Spike would react to the revealed who Twilight really was

Exept for the storys from Baxter1984 is this the best story on this site in my opinion😎

You know, maybe before you write this story’s sequel you could write a one-shot side story regarding Nightmare Night, I’m just throwing out an idea 💡

Something about this story makes it really rereadable.

Holy Fuckin Shit, I just binge-read this story and it actually gave me mixed emotions. Part of me would've like to see how the world would be after.

More than once, I have read a great story and only checked the author afterwards and it's been this guy. Dude, this is awesome, but honestly how do you have such range?

10745409
Funnily enough, this, my second story, I kinda consider one of the worse of them due to my lack of experience back then. :twilightblush:

9165993
is this something you are still thinking of doing or has it been dropped?

9165993
If it ever comes I'd read it as this story is amazing

Why why why! I just want to watch the world burn....

Why she lived!?

Login or register to comment