• Published 9th Oct 2014
  • 6,803 Views, 574 Comments

Maud Pie Becomes an Alicorn Princess - Smoker



Due to slightly contrived circumstances, Maud Pie becomes an alicorn princess. This will be interesting...

  • ...
33
 574
 6,803

The End... I Think.

“Whew!” Pinkie said as she stepped off the train onto the Ponyville train station. “I think I just got vertigo!”

“What, from stepping off the train?” Twilight asked as she and Maud followed Pinkie off the train.

“No, from that fall all the way back down to the status quo. Seriously, that was painful!” Pinkie said cheerily. “Anyways, I’m going to go make a ‘hooray-everything’s-back-to-normal-in-time-for-season-five’ party!’ See you later!” and Pinkie zoomed off in the direction of Sugarcube Corner.

“Season five?” Twilight asked Maud.

Maud just stared at her.

“Right. It’s Pinkie.” Twilight took a deep breath. “She’s right though. It’s amazing how things are just… back to how they were before. It’s like nothing ever happened!”

“Indeed.” Maud droned. “It’s good, though. I have a lot of studying for geology to catch up on anyways.”

Twilight giggled. “Oh Maud, do you ever think about anything other than rocks?”

“No.”

“Of course not.” Twilight said, rolling her eyes.

“Twilight.” Maud said, walking over. The Earth-Pony-turned-Alicorn-turned-Earth-Pony suddenly wrapped her forelegs around Twilight in a hug.

“Thanks for helping me through this.” Maud said quietly, her grip tightening.

“Happy to help, Maud.” Twilight gasped through Maud’s choking embrace.

“I must go now.” Maud said, her hug evaporating as quickly as it had occurred. “I must check the train times for the next ride home.” And with that, she trotted off into the crowd.

Twilight took pause, breathing in the crisp Ponyville air. “Everything’s back to normal.” She said to herself contentedly.

“TWILIIIGHT!” came a shrill scream, and Rarity sprinted out of nowhere, panting heavily.

“Rarity, what’s wrong?!” Twilight said.

“Well, see, I was a little scatterbrained today,” Rarity said quickly. “And I took her to the library even though you weren’t there, and we were looking for books on stitches, and she came across a…” Rarity gasped for breath, hyperventilating.

“Calm down! Rarity, who are you talking about?” Twilight asked.

“Um… hi…” Came a small voice, and Twilight turned. Her jaw dropped.

“You really need to stop leaving your spells out where anyone can edit them, Twilight.” Said Coco Pommel, her wings fluttering in the breeze, her horn glimmering in the sun’s light.

Author's Note:

And that's the end! Thanks again for reading!

If anyone wonders why this story ended rather abruptly, please read this blog post (link).

Otherwise, I just want to say you all have been fantastic fans. Love you all!

-Smoker

Comments ( 31 )

:pinkiegasp: :rainbowderp: okay...well, its time for a sequel story!!!!

Normally I'm pretty stonefaced about jokes where Pinkie breaks the 4th wall, but that season 5 bit made me crack a smile.

This has been a gem of a story.

:rainbowlaugh:
Coco. Now THAT would be a pretty fun alicorn to see in action!

Yeah, it is abrupt but y'know what? It's charming, it's funny, it's a satisfactory sweet ending to a great story. :twilightsmile:

Eh, I've seen worst abrupt endings. You wrapped up Maud's part, that's the important thing. Her story is done, Coco can be seen as a cute little coda.

I really think that despite the abrupt ending I thought it was fitting. Drragging the ending too long would have been bad.

Oh boy. Twilight has to deal with another alicorn now. Here we go again! :twilightoops:

As for the abrupt ending, I'm fine with it, since Maud can now go on her merry way and enjoy studying rocks again and not deal with the alicorn nonsense anymore. The ending reminds me of Nosflutteratu; the story starts out with Twilight freaking about learning that Fluttershy is a vampire, and throughout the story, she learns that she should judge Fluttershy based on who she is and not she is. And after going through all of those complex events in the story, Twilight nonchalantly tells Spike that there's nothing wrong with Fluttershy being a vampire. Spike then starts to freak out, just like how Twilight did at the beginning of the story.

Anyways, I'm glad to see that the story is finished. I loved reading about Maud Pie's brief life as a princess of Equestria and her adventure with Pinkie and Twilight, and I'm glad to see that it ended on a good note. Good luck with your future works, Smoker! :twilightsmile:

That ending was funny.

“You really need to stop leaving your spells out where anyone can edit them, Twilight.” Said Coco Pommel, her wings fluttering in the breeze, her horn glimmering in the sun’s light.

SOMEBODY, ANYBODY!!! MAKE! THIS! NOW!!!!!

5787201

Seconded HARD.

Stop! Sequel Time! :pinkiehappy:

Seriously though, this was funny story. Thanks for a hilarious story.



~ Super-Brony12

My favorite part of this whole story is still Maud Pie using the King Solomon strategy to solve that one argument. I appreciate the kind of scriptural application in stories.

That was a surprisingly satisfying ending.

I'm sorry to hear you got bored of this story, since I loved it, but at least you wrapped it up properly rather than let it die forever incomplete. That alone deserves applause. There are loose ends, but they ultimately don't matter much because Maud is what's important here, and her story was told.

Incidentally, my personal dislike of incomplete works is why I don't publish stories unless they're one-shots, or I have them planned out in detail and entirely written (or close to it).

Comment posted by KetchupAndRice deleted Mar 29th, 2015

5787459 Maybe Gabby Gums finds it and publishes it in the newspaper. :pinkiecrazy:

I really don't see why you think the ending was abrupt. IA little pat, maybe, but not abrupt. It felt a little like an episode of a show, the way they often put everything back to normal at the end, but since Maude didn't want to be an alicorn in the first place, that's fine.

I don't think you had that many places left to go with the idea, anyway, so it's better it wrap up than peter out.

Oh, I took way too long in getting to this story. It was worth the wait, though! Well done!

Heheheheh, what a story this was.
I enjoyed it a lot! Awesome saucy!

Nice work on this, nice work.

This was both hilarious and epic.

I can die happy now.

An amusing story, with some surprisingly dire moments. Plenty of laughs to be had though, worth the read! :pinkiehappy:

Not that interested in this story but I wanted to see how it ended. I would just like to note that Maud also thinks about her family.

8374098
Huh... touche.

8374098
Huh... touche.

8374151
Sometimes you have to sacrifice real words in order to make a pun :rainbowlaugh:

All hail Princess Coco.

Login or register to comment