• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 9,313 Views, 247 Comments

Discord's Helping Hoof - The Wizard of Words



Ill-content with his life in Ponyville, Discord looks for a way to aleve his growing sense of boredom. Believing his is sincere, Fluttershy suggests helping ponies in ways only he can. And Discord has such a unique way to help ponies in need...

  • ...
23
 247
 9,313

Epilogue

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Discord asked his friend patiently, playing with a cactus he juggled in the air. “You know she isn’t expecting anything.”

“Oh, I know, but it would be rude to pretend like nothing happened.” Fluttershy spoke back in return, the rare flame of eagerness in her voice unmistakable. It was something Discord didn’t have the heart, or even the mind, to smother.

“Alright,” he spoke up, snapping his fingers and causing the cactus in the air to return to its regular shape. The chandelier shook lightly as it stilled itself on the ceiling.

Then pulling out a hair from his mane, he twizzled it until it grew into a large feather, ink already dripping from its end. He blew into the air, causing pieces of paper to materialize from his breath and flutter into his grasp. Discord held them up before giving them a slight snap, straightening their pages.

Then, twisting around until he was sitting on the sofa, he looked at the pegasus lying on the pillow across from him, her pleasant smile genuine, warm, and welcoming.

“Shoot.” Clearing her throat, Fluttershy began to dictate.

“Dear Princess Celestia,” she began. The sound of a scratching quill joined the air after her words. “As you know, it has been some time since Discord came to stay with me. While he has been doing his best to stay out of trouble, he was doing so at the expense of his own enjoyment. When I suggested that he start helping ponies instead of hurting them, he didn’t immediately agree. But with some encouragement, he agreed he’d give it a try.” One of the papers fluttered from Discord’s grasp. It flew through the air, rising and falling in normally impossible ways, until it landed on a table next to the pegasus. Fluttershy spoke on.

“At first, it seemed like he was doing a bad job, scaring a lot of ponies and making things works in ways no pony was used to. Rainbow Dash and Twilight tried to stop Discord from helping ponies, but…” the pegasus put a hoof to her chin in thought, curious on how to phrase the next part of her story. The hoof fell as the idea popped into her mind. “But Discord only ended up helping them, too.” The draconequus lightly snickered at the statement.

“In the end, however, Discord actually did help the ponies around Ponyville, in his own special way. It’s true that no pony could see what he was doing, not until he was done. When he was though, oh, it turned out to be wonderful.”

“So it just goes to show, just because somepony isn’t doing what you would do, doesn’t mean they are doing it wrong. We should trust our friends with what they try, and believe in them the same way we believe in oursevles. Your loyal student, Fluttershy.”

The papers disappeared in a flash of green flames.

“And print.”

Comments ( 39 )

Aaaaand we totally forgot about Pip's mother.

Whoops.

I really loved this story! I was surprised to see when Zecora, Granny Smith, and the Cakes turned out all right, though. xD

I have to say, that was wrapped up extremely well.

3224802 I do agree, what happened with Pip's mother? And did Pip ever come back home?

And it ends in a Friendship Report. Don't see those all that much lately. Nice job, and interesting fic.

Just one nit pick. The Chapter titled Ya'll Crazy, should be Y'all Are Crazy. Ya'll, is You'll. Y'all is You all. But other than that, I enjoyed this story.

Dayum... This was one of the funniest stories I read here. And also one I could see as an actual episode. :rainbowkiss:
(Except the TwiDash. Regardless of it being my favorite ship, shipping itself is something that shouldn't be in the series. Never. Fuck you, Flash Sentry!:twilightangry2:)

TGM

HAH!

Wonderfully done and masterfully executed.

Why don't you have more likes?

That was twistyer then a pretzel made by a contortionist. Amazing, simply amazing.

WAIT!!! Pip's mother. She never got resolution. YOU LEFT A MOTHER CRYING AND LOOKING FOR HER LITTLE BOY!:flutterrage: YOU HEARTLESS MANIAC!

{Enjoyed the story.}

lol wow looks like pips mom will never have her son back XD
ether way! i loved this so much! <3
i hope to see another story! X3

Another masterpiece of yours, amazing fic, and the best TwiDash :heart::twilightsmile::rainbowkiss::heart:.

3226008 Which is, naturally, proof that what Discord really did was manipulate reality such that things worked out for him when he feared he was going to get blasted by the Rainbow Laser.

The ponies never even considered poor Pip's mom anymore in that last chapter! THEIR MINDS HAD BEEN DISCORDED!

Fortunately, I am far too powerful. Now I shall KILL HIM SLOWLY AND ENJOY IT!! :pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

3226008
He actually just re-sent the letter to her same way as he did with first one (which he wrote). Or I'm missing something?

Now for concerns...
1. It's summer (Pip wasn't at school during a day, and it's not evening)
2. Pip is safe and has good company
3. Discord can actually pull him back on demand (since she now knows who to ask about it)

Problem? :trollestia:

Not bad, not bad at all.

3225044 this has not been run through by a proofreader yet because Wiz released this chapter before I had looked over it and people aren't worked up enough for me to really be in the mood to care to change anything about it.

Nice and really funny :rainbowlaugh:

Wonderfully chaotic, that's all i can can say other then encore. :yay:

Godammit Discord, u awesome dang ass awesome

I was expecting FlutterCord the whole time...

WHERE'S MY KIND CHAOS?

Well no that it's over I just want to say that was a pretty good story. Not great, but good. In fact, in memory of this now finished story, I'll leave something that gives future readers an idea of what it's all about.

CHAOS
denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw5548-43a.jpg

I have never seen anyone write discord as well as you do. It honestly felt like it was an actual episode (aside from the twidash). Please write more discord!

Aside from Pip's mother, I'm glad to see everyone got a happy conclusion.

I particularly like the moral. It's a good one to keep in mind and one I think would fit in the show.

kudos! :pinkiehappy:

This is one of very few stories I wish I could like/favorite more than once, it was funny, adorable, and feels-like-an-actual-episode-tastic! (Mostly!) :yay:

I imagine someone got around to letting Mrs. Pinto know Cap'n Pip was fine, if only showing her the letter.

3229249
My reaction was the same, i was expecting fluttercord :fluttercry:
But overall, it was a good story:yay:

Where's the fluttercord?:fluttershysad:

I must have missed the part about the cakes. :derpyderp1:

Oh well, the lesson was learned either way.

*Pulls up in his muffin mobile*
Lets see here,
i have a delivery for one author of an amazing story.
*Pulls out a box containing a muffin shaped like a thumb pointing up*
Here you go sir, Have a nice day.
*Gets back in the muffin mobile and drives away.*

That was great fun and you write a great Discord. The pairing took me by surprise, but it was still fun and kinda cute, so no worries.

And the letter at the end actually seemed a lot like one that could have been in the show, so good job there.

Two things though: You have some mistakes in each chapter, mostly odd wordings. For example, the sentence "felt a cold pit" makes little sense, the usual way to use that is using "stomach" somewhere.

Second: Discord falling to pieces is overused. It happens too regularly, especially considering that he keeps talking about not getting predictable. I could predict practically every instance of him coming apart after the first few chapters and just got tired of it. Variety is the keyword and Discord's actions, words and manner are all great in this story, but not the fact that he seems to react to half of any dialogue with "oops, pun, this limb falls off".

All in all though, good work.

Too cute... Can't... Contain the mushy... Feels!

I think I've read this 3 times and it's still just as good as the first time, I'm not quite sure if Discord cast a spell on you while you were writing because that's how chaotically good this story is.

This story makes me feel all warm inside.

This was absolutely hilarious and the Twidash was an added bonus greatly enjoyed this story

4809750 does it make you feel warm AND fuzzy, or just warm?

This wa...

Story eleven in my Twidash Challenge: Random Theme

I Win

Oh well, guess I just need to pay more mind to what i see except of thing being TwiDash and not mature, don't I? Oh well...
Actually, i liked almost everything:twilightsmile:
So praise on you, for another awesome fic:trollestia:
Good day to you.

Lots of grammar errors in the story. But all in all this was a fun fic to re-read.

4884984 No no, if stored properly it should be just as good as when it was stored. I don't think it grows better with time in finished condition, though.

7587946 y'all= you all
ya'll = you wlll
ya=you

8109078

I know. It's surprising not only how many people get that wrong. But will argue in the face of proof (via dictionary) that ya'll and y'all are the same thing XD. But yes. Being a southerner is great ^_^.

all of that is good but Pip mother is still worried for him

Login or register to comment