Struggling Authors 3,673 members · 25,211 stories
Comments ( 460 )
  • Viewing 401 - 450 of 460

In case you want something you can sink your teeth into, here's a novel about how Starlight, with good intentions, became the pony who founded Our Town. It involves Canterlot, Sunset Shimmer, and Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/320584/the-enforcer-and-her-blackmailers

The novel is completed, but being published 4 times a week. PM me if you wish access to the not yet published chapters.

Here's I story that I wrote recently:

A Message Written in Light and Shadow

I appreciate feedback and advice, too. Thank you and enjoy the read! :twilightsmile:

Here's one of my multi chapter stories. It's seven chapters into it, and halfway done. Might not be amazing, but worth a read if you have the time.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/326840/broken-diamond

I hope I'm allowed to post these from Fanfiction.net.

Those two are just Crossovers(which I am most fond of.) while the other one isn't a Crossover.
Gateways of Craftius - Derek's Story Minecraft Vanilla Plus with many twists.
Path of the Foodon Chef Yes, I watched Fighting Foodon.
Long Dirk the Human Human in Equestria, but hopefully original from other HiE.

Sorry if you don't like my tastes.

The Little Match Mare
Imagine, if you will, a match flame. Scratch!
Such a warm, bright little thing. So filled with joyous, promising hope as its dance reflects in your eyes. A delicate wonder, flitting and shivering in the cold wind, struggling to cling to its thin post. Easily taken for granted—easily forgotten. Well, that is what this story is about. You can find such a little flame on the busy street corners of an old town in Equestria. This little flame is the little match mare.

After a year of collaborating, the first 3 chapters of the story are being published:
Kung Fury in Equestria

If you want horror, but with comedy as well here you can have this, with a story featuring Twilight, Trixie, The Doctor and the Legend of Sleepy Hollow:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/327859/frightmare-night

Twilight Sparkle, also known as Medusa, is a hardened criminal mastermind, and the leader of what was formerly the most feared band of criminals in all of Equestria. That was years ago. Now, her crew is in shambles, and she looks to two-bit thug Rainbow Dash to bring it back to its former glory.

With Twilight's genius and experience, combined with some fresh blood, the Mythos Crew may become more formidable than ever.

Crime Pays

It's almost a year since I joined this group. Might as well take a shot at it.

I present to you, the story that rebooted the Jongojiverse, The New Timeline. Here, my OC's have a more fleshed out backstory, work well with canon characters (at least from what I've heard, and certain changes to the time stream as a result from two spirits of chaos and a pink earth pony.

Hello.

I have a story I would very much like read and considered.
The After

The idea behind the story is thusly:

Imagine there is a place, where every piece of fiction (fan-fiction), relating to "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic", goes to, after they end.
A place where every story, no matter how the story is told, exists beyond the ending of that story, and then co-exists with every other story within the Brony Fandom.
It would then be the job of the characters within those stories, primarily the differing versions of the Mane Six, to interact with the characters of every other fan-fiction, to form a livable, working society, that is primarily composed of ponies with the same names, identities, and near-memories as one another. Namely, these ponies would be living together with other "copies" of themselves.
This place, for it's grand magnitude, would be called, "The After" because it is the Afterlife of Fiction, and cannot be summed up in any other universal term.
So when new "Arrivals", (ponies who've just had their story end) show up into The After, it would be the duty of ponies already within The After to take care of these ponies/creatures the same way "Doctors" do, in order to explain to them what is going on, which must result in them basically telling those new Arrivals that their whole life was fictional, created by people like us who love the show, "My Little Pony" so much. Then, to add a twist, not only are these ponies meeting counter-versions of themselves, but also, we also exist within The After. This creates a literary element of what it means for creations to meet their own creators, and what tension this causes between them.

As you might expect, I have posted about this story multiple times before, in doing my best to promote it.

Thank you for reading this long post if you have,
—Pvt_Muffins

Greetings :twilightsmile:
Here it is: Natura Semper Liberi
"A Guide to the Nature of Everfree; Collected works of a pony trying to bring a ray of light to the darkness of myths surrounding Forest creatures"

It's a story playing in the background of pony's notes and observations, its goal was to connect together the creatures we have seen in the show and made people think. Still incomplete.

Here's one I've been working on a lot lately. It's unfinished, but its a labor of love.

The Single Life

It's a different take on the usual OctaScratch stories you'll see around FimFiction.

When Octavia's marefriend suddenly breaks things off, Octavia's life spirals out of control. What was once a happy life slowly starts to break apart, showing the mare just how bad things had truly gotten. With the help of a few close friends though, Octavia sets out to win back her ex and fix her life. But to do that, she'll have to fix the other issues that have been plaguing her longer than she realized.

I've got a lot planned for the story, with multiple side arcs in the background for anyone willing to look. I'm currently three chapters in, with a fourth potentially going up tomorrow.

So I might be doing this wrong, but here's my story I guess.

The End to every Story

Here a story I just finished: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/354130/darkest-star
Description: Princess Luna has returned from a thousand years absence and after a bit of a rocky start she seemed to be coming into her own. However, a series of mishaps to the ponies around have caused ponies to begin to fear her once more.

Thank you For your time.

Here's my story: The Split in Reality. Hope you enjoy and until next time. Stay Awesome.

Hey everypony!
I would like to submit my story since it doesn't have many views and I want to know what people think of it. This is my first story and it's a work in progress so all constructive criticism is accepted.

Division- https://www.fimfiction.net/story/371667/division

Description- Princess Celestia and Princess Luna believe that Equestria has and always will remain peaceful. However the deep division lines that run between the tribes, the constant tension and the casual racism means that one event can turn Equestria into a war zone. This story is going to explore the effects of these divisions on everyday lives, the alliances ponies form to gain power over others and the cost of bringing true peace and harmony to Equestria.

I hope you enjoy this story!!

Link: Ponyville Noire: Tails of Two Private Eyes

Set in an alternate universe with its own history, Ponyville Noire is a blend of great detective and neo-noir mystery fiction. The main characters are Phillip Finder, an ex-cop private detective, and his new partner Daring Do, a former thief recently released from prison. Together, this odd duo faces off against a city filled with murder, gang wars, and corruption, aided by a few honest and semi-honest ponies, such as the world-weary Detectives Trace Evidence and Red Herring, forensic scientist Dr. Suunkii and his graduate assistant Twilight Sparkle, and beat cop Flash Sentry.

I post a chapter every Friday. I hope you enjoy it!

Dear Sirs,

For your consideration, I submit my novel entitled The Unicorn and the Crow, embedded below.

Synopsis:

Madeleine Crumpet is a savvy road warrior and gem-broker with an eye for the finer things in life. And some of the finest things in life just happen to be tall, handsome, square-jawed, and of the stallion persuasion.

Rubyk of Trotheim is… tall. A stallion? Very much so. Handsome? …not so very much. “Grotesque” might be closer to the truth. But, all in all, he is the most interesting specimen of the stallion persuasion Madeleine has seen in years.

And when a murder in the renowned Clavia Hotel in the sleepy tropic island town of Currycape tangles the paths of these two unlikely ponies, under the watchful eye of its high-hoofed proprietress, she finds that Rubyk is deadly interesting.

“But, my dear, if you had been there, you wouldn’t have had it any other way. Sit down there, and let me tell you all about it…”

TThe Unicorn and the Crow
A murder in the grand Clavia Hotel in the South Seas pushes together two unlikely figures: Madeleine Crumpet, a globe-trotting jeweler with an eye for gems (and pleasant company), and Rubyk of Trotheim... a pony whom words can barely describe.
Foxmane Vulpequus · 128k words  ·  29  0 · 887 views

Here's my story; Lullaby for Midlight.

It's an adventure story most of the part. A little :trollestia: background about it, it's a complete overhaul of my very first story on FiMfic. The original version was ambitious to say the least, but I slowly lost confidence and quietly canceled it. The original, the overhaul and all the failed reboot premises share the same spirit and following inspirations;

1. Planned to be a long story with a good dose of drama and old yore epic.
2. Has a strong female protagonist.
3. Inspired by the Final Fantasy Tactics.

In the 4 years I've been rehashing those 3 things into about a dozen different premise, a couple more inspirations had seeped into my writing style. Namely Pirene, a well-known story on this site and Dark Souls lore and philosophy, among many others in a long list I can't possibly enumerate. Both Pirene and Dark Souls showed me that my story was lacking in integrity and forethought. My then fledgling writing style was flowery but with lack of a foundation, so to speak. Events in chapters were propped up to be eye-catchers and it was a mess to think about the backstory of it and just why they were. I found out the original version was going nowhere fast, hence my waning confidence.

Then in around the end of April, a breakthrough. I wrote the totality of chapter 1 in about 2 weeks, considered that it didn't have the flaws of my original story, and I made the next chapter. Now I have 5 chapters and a prologue totaling to a little over 70k, and I can only see it growing from there. While it was not easy getting to that point, the breakthrough of chapter 1 gave me a good workflow, a solid writing style that at the very least that hooks me in, and a nice broad scope of unknown story I can slowly carved out/shed light with confidence. I consider myself to be the 1st reader of my story, so I promise those who choose to pick it up and follow it through that it may not be of the best quality or to your exact liking, but it is the most sincere story I can manage.

Lullaby for Midlight is a story that I write to make myself a better writer and
help understand myself as a person.

P.S.
Cover art and in chapter sketches WIP :rainbowdetermined2:

Hello everypony! Just dropping in to show you all my story. Not that I'm desperate for feedback or anything.
(Yes I am desperate for feedbacks)

A Perfect World I Almost Ruined

The human looked at the pile of dust in front of him. "I broke something precious didn't I?" Bruce asked in genuine regret.

Princess Celestia nodded grimly. "Yes, you broke the Elements of Harmony. They are what have been keeping peace and harmony all across Equestria. Without it, our land is in a grave danger." She replied.

Bruce looked down in deep thought for a moment before sighing. "Well since this is the first universe I traveled that is not post-apocalyptic or just plain crazy; I am going to stay here and protect this place."

I made this story in an episodic contents and follow the general MLP story line. Although the amount of twists and turns will make it much more original and unpredictable than it seems. I might skip some episodes that I deemed unnecessary or uninteresting so I can focus on the more awesome ones.

It also features Dr. Whooves, Agent Sweetie Drops, and The TARDIS in latter chapters. The story is mostly lighthearted and fun, but some part of it can be very dark.

Here's the link if you're interested: A Perfect World I Almost Ruined

And if you like it, please up vote it and comment why you like it and tell me how I can make the story better.

Thank you so much for reading everypony!!

Here's my only current story.
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/388356/new-tricks
I'd love more feedback on it.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/389787/spring-love

Posting my new story here for consideration. <3

Here's my story.
It's a Dark Adventure story with Slice of Life aspects.
The characters are mostly of my own creation, but a few are picked out from the Blind Bag lines and Background characters from the MLP Wiki.
I hope this gets read soon, and that you enjoy it.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/397564/tales-from-the-equestrian-others--the-fallen-angel-of-ponyville

Here’s one of mine!
Samneo - The Earth Pony
It’s the first part in a series.

“To last forever… To last forever is ridiculous, don’t you think?”

“Yeah. Ah think it’s ridiculous.”

“You think it’s ridiculous?”

“Course. Everythin’ has an end.”

"And I just want you to feel LOVE!

Before it disappears, (NOT!)

'Cause we're more than we're not, (WRONG!)

So never fear to feel (BRAVE!)

Good when everything's wrong (LOVE!)

And find some beauty there, (NOT!)

'Cause all we ever are is

BRAVE!

[Unpublished stories cannot be embedded]

In the midst of a friendship that’s bound to crash and burn and a relationship that would never work, Braeburn and Daring Do learn that sometimes a happy ending just isn’t worth fighting for.

Well here is mine :P Since everyone is posting away

[Adult story embed hidden]

This one has been in my head for years and for so long I've wanted to write it. I am Konatra, a generally new writer here on Fimfiction and I just want nothing more than to have more comments on my stories.

So if you have the time please consider reading my massive crossover Spike fic General Mishaps

The crisis is over, the threat resolved, the day is saved. Or rather, there was never a crisis to begin with. Twilight Sparkle has saved the world, there is nothing left to do but tell the others what just happened. She has quite the story to tell, of memories only she has, of months that never happened, of the despair that nearly ended Equestria, and the hope that saved it.

TThe Mask of Despair and the Face of Hope
Everyone is the hero of their own story. Maybe, just maybe, that isn't always true. Sometimes, they are the villain.
Wings of Black Glass · 111k words  ·  30  1 · 783 views

At the heart of Twilight’s story is a single pony with a unique destiny. The choices he made to try and fit in with the world have left him alone and miserable, and willing to go to insane lengths to find his place. When a chance meeting with Twilight Sparkle gives him a chance he never thought he would have, his decisions come to have consequences far beyond what he could have imagined.

Maybe, just maybe, in the story of our lives we are not always the hero. Sometimes... we are the villain.

Behold:

TSupernova Daybreak
The sun is going supernova. Is there a way to save Equestria from the looming inferno?
Bad Dragon · 4.4k words  ·  62  31 · 2.4k views

This is the story I’m trying to win a writing competition with. I want to make sure the story is as perfect as can be. If you read it and believe it can still be improved upon, please let me know about it. I like any and all feedback, so don’t hold back if you have anything to say.

I have a rarer sports related story with best person, Sunset Shimmer. Fighting to the Top

So yeah, first time posting a story, but eye we go.

Dark Star of Shadows

It's the first story I've written, and I hoped people would enjoy it. I've gotten decent reviews from a few friends, hope it gets picked.

It's on Fanfiction.NET for now due to some Prompts non-mlp related. (Prompt 6 for example has no MLP Casts, but elements of 'Battle Chef Brigade'.

My Little Timed Prompts
It's where I put in Prompts Done in 60 minutes or less. Some contains pony casts, but I'm a freak for Crossovers, video games, and such. I may also do a prompt one day involving 'Displaced', 'Conversion Bureau', 'Chess Game of the Gods(Or Chess Pieces, haven't seen those.), 'Fallout Equestria', etc. I may even do a prompt involving 'Naruto being neglected' or 'Ash betrayed by his friends'. Anything can happen in each prompt. After I finish my prompt, I used word counter and 'I write like' to lay down the results.

Wish me luck.

I am hoping to get this specific story some attention, as it has not gathered much whatsoever. The link and description are below.

The Minds' Insanity

Another long day at the office, needlessly holding the hooves of qualified ponies for work they should know how to do.
But I can't rest now.

And so, the journey through the insanity of the mind begins with these few words.

Where the journey will lead...

Nopony knows.

This is a saddening GrimDark (Sad, Dark, Horror) story that involves death as a prominent theme and is rated Teen.

Link: Emerald Fires

The discovery of a temple has the residents of Ponyville in an uproar, but what lies inside will ultimately decide the fate of not only Equestria, but of the whole world.

After her daughter Nyx and friends stumble upon an old and broken shrine within the Everfree Forest, Twilight Sparkle sets out to study the incredible find. But not all is what it seems, for something lies within its centuries-old walls. When Spike becomes possessed by a mystic stone, Twilight and her friends are faced with a being unlike any they've ever faced, setting them all on a path more dangerous than any they've walked before.

This is a very funny story about how a villain gets a second chance, no matter how undeserving he was of it before. Want to know how such a fiend can turn over a new leaf, find out by reading

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/429651/a-series-of-unfortunate-events-that-leads-to-another-redeemed-villain-yay

It's slowly gaining poularity but I think it might be worth getting mini-featured if you wish to take a gander at it :twilightsmile:.

PS: The "yay" in the title is sarcastic.

Comment posted by FicFacFlac deleted Feb 2nd, 2019

Hey there. I would like to probably feature this story of mine I’m currently writing at the moment.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/430321/anew

The plot is simple. A boy, with no memory of his own, attached with magic, and friends of course, with a deep history that will kill him. I’m really proud of this creation, but so far, no attention whatsoever. I would appreciate anybody for any amount of support given, wheter it be likes, favourites, or even views. Any help is and will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I feel like this is begging, but I don't feel like I have any other choice.

My friend and I decided it would be fun to make an epic tale, collaborating between the two of us. He chose a character as I chose mine. His character, Cornfield, is a lonely photographer earth pony, who stalks the mares in a vain attempt to get a girlfriend. Then, came a stranger from out of Ponyville. Cobalt Coral, my character, is a hippogriff that wanted to stay with him, but little does he know that she is bringing a lot more than company.

It's a mature fic, as it has strong innuendos, violence, and soon to be a death later on in this chapter (and many more to come in the future chapters). Either way, I hope that you can give us feedback and advice on how we can improve our storytelling, as well as supporting us if you like it. Thanks.

Starting a sci-fi story. I have big plans for this one. Looking for some honest critique.

My Little Pony: Event Horizons

Crossover with Elite Dangerous

I've started my first foray into fanfiction. If anyone would like to take a look it would be much appreciated.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/424926/out-of-the-slums

Thanks!

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/378706/spikes-heart
It is not prefect, but it is something I'm proud of.

Here's an excuse I made up to have a bunch of characters I like hit bad guys with huge swords and have slow-motion gunfights.
Have fun~

TSun Never Sets
The gates of the underworld are opening for the first time in two thousand years. It's up to Sunset Shimmer, demon hunter extrordinaire, to slam 'em shut.
CrownofDissonance · 202k words  ·  161  5 · 4k views

Meet The Change Gang is a story of 6 changelings sent by their Queen on a spy mission. They get much more than a change in role, however.

Story Name: Miles Away
Link To Story: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/425160/miles-away
Word Count: 109,994
Tags: [Slice of Life] [Romance] [Drama]
What It's About: It is about a Unicorn in the fictional city of Hoovesiana who makes friends with a online user on a online platform and ends up becoming a couple. It also follows his real life issues of growing up and facing fears.
Why It's Awesome: This story is a different take on a romance story because it focuses more on long distance relationships and shows the accurate struggles with it, as well as some positives. It I'd also based on my true story with long distance relationships.
Oh, And Also: Its long. REALLY LONG.*****

I’ve never understood why Double Trouble is as unpopular as the number of views, and scarcity of comments and likes/dislikes, seem to indicate. That had depressed me enough that--although I write for myself, I do so also to bring pleasure and joy to readers as well--I went on a significant hiatus with writing (admittedly, RL illnesses had a lot to do with that as well).

I’m not looking for glad-handing, empty compliments. I, very simply, and very sincerely, would like honest opinions, and critiques, of my stories.

Thank you.

Almost finished with this story, hitting just about 150k words. Changelings, adventure, and Equestria history, it's all there.

TThe Age of Hunting
Before the formation of the Pillars, who brought ponykind into safety with their virtues and power, Equestria was a fractured land. The apex hunters of this world, full of creatures desperately clinging to life, were the Changelings.
SwordTune · 154k words  ·  68  6 · 1.9k views

The Wiccan Demon
My first completed story that I wanted to have some input on as far as a short dark fic goes.

I'm trying to win a contest with this one:

TAlicorn Princess
Your memories make you who you are. But what’s left of you when they are stolen?
Bad Dragon · 11k words  ·  71  23 · 2.6k views
  • Viewing 401 - 450 of 460