• Member Since 6th Feb, 2020
  • offline last seen 21 minutes ago

sykko


I like violence, heavy metal and talking multicolored ponies

T
Source

Fate and prophesy can be funny things. Sometimes harmony and magic can be a bit unpredictable.

Starswirl's last prophecy was unclear as the greatest spell caster of his day had notoriously bad horn-writing and was equally bad at only writing down half of what he saw in visions.

For generations Princess Celestia has been subtly manipulating the lives of her ponies for generations, using a combination of Starswirl's prophesies and her own foresight to get the outcome she wanted. But she forgot the three most important rules about trying to manipulate future events: 1) The future is like a river. It follows its own currents and makes its own path. 2) The future is always in motion and is next to impossible to predict with any certainty. 3) The very act of viewing the future changes it.


This story is an AU from the main MLP:FiM starting with a deviation from the episode Magical Mystery Cure.

It all started with a single question: What if it was the Mane 6 that became alicorns and not just Twilight?

It's rated T for mild violence.

EDIT: June 7, 2023 By Celestia's glorious sun! This story went featured within a couple of hours of posting!

EDIT: October 29, 2023 This story got featured again!

Chapters (3)
Comments ( 75 )

Ok, the idea is interesting and I am looking forward to how you pull it off.

i can't wait to read how rainbow will react on how she will become a alicorn princess

"Po-TAY-toe, po-TAH-toe, querida hermana. Voy a darme un baño, luego me acuesto y te dejo con... esto... como quieras llamarlo". Luna se fue a su habitación, deseando un buen baño tibio y su cómoda cama.

Guat?! XD

That's how Starswirl would write "What." definitely xD

I apreciate (not sure how its spelled) that your not rushing into the ascensions.

I am also really hoping you have Celly have major reactions to the ascensions? That would be great drama!

Rarity studied the horn-writing on the page for an hour. She looked at it front-ways, back-ways, side-ways, she even looked at it square-ways and triangle-ways to no avail. "I give up! That unicorn has the worst horn-writing I've ever seen!" She tossed the quill she had been levitating aside in disgust with herself. "I simply can't it! Wah-hah-hah-hah!" As she threw herself into a histrionic fit, she swooned and collapsed onto a fainting couch that wasn't there a moment ago. "Om-nom-nom-nom! Om-nom-nom-nom!" She shoved spoonful after spoonful of vanilla-chocolate chip ice cream into her mouth. Neither the spoon nor the pint of ice cream had been there a second before.

I didn’t expect for her to take it so seriously.

"How callous of you, Luna. I've never meddled in the lives of our little ponies. I may have ever so gently guided them with a hoof...from time-to-time." With a harrumph, Celestia turned her attention back to the telescope.

That’s not too bad.

Comment posted by Magthere deleted Jun 7th, 2023

Great premise but I think giving pinkie pie alicorn magic could spell the end of reality

Just don't turn canon villains into chumps whose only purpose is to be stepped on by the collective Alicorn might.

:moustache: You're all Alicorns!
:raritystarry: Spikey you have wings!
:facehoof: Hasbro what have you done?
:ajbemused: Buy our toys?
:pinkiehappy::rainbowlaugh:
:flutterrage: Discord!

11603745
It's sort of like what happened in this video, though I don't know which is more funnier being Twilight not too happy about the rest being alicorns or Luna feeling that she is shorter than the rest.

11603709
What would Alicorn magic centered around laughter even look like? She can already do anything as long as the result is funny to someone, and that's a lot of wiggle room.

I'm just confirming things here. This is the description that you see when you see it elsewhere.

Princess Celestia's plan hits a small snag when Twilight Sparkle isn't the only one who doesn't ascend

And this in the description here.

It all started with a single question: What if it was the Mane 6 that became alicorns and not just Twilight?

So does that mean all of them became Alicorns? If so then would it be that Sparkle isn't the only one who ascends instead? Or did you mean everyone but Twilight ascended? Just curious about the semantics, I'll probably read this at some point, just would like this understood for my peace of mind. :P

Interesting concept. The editing needs major polishing, but it is otherwise written well for the first chapter of a saga.

This is gonna be amusing.

Will the prophecy stuff include Spike in it too?

Spike walked over to a bookshelf in the adults only section and pulled another book out. He flipped through the pages of ponies in artistic belly shots with not even their tails covering their bits and bobs. "Hmm...this book has ponies laying on their backs exposing everything. Why it even has a picture of Celestia in a pose standing on her hind legs and nothing covering her shame. Now where does this go? Ah yes, the foal's section!"

:rainbowlaugh:

I’m starting to think that luna is the wisest of the two.

So do they all have wings and a horn yet or is that coming later?

11611947
That will come later. Their ascensions will be a bit more gradual.

So Spike was part of the spell too?
What transformation he will get too?

Huh. Well, I was not expecting things to happen this way.

Comment posted by SpikeSmolder fan deleted Jun 16th, 2023

Huh wasn't expecting Spike to be part of the spell alongside the Mane 6, wonder if he'll go though changes like the rest of the cast? :rainbowhuh::moustache:

That sibling bit between Spike/Twilight at the beginning was golden, excellent work!:rainbowlaugh:

Twilight gaped at Pinkie for a moment. She wasn't sure how the topic strayed from the history of Ponyville to Pinkie catching itch-mites for the fifth time.

I mean it did happen in Ponyville so it is technically a part of Ponyville's history :moustache:

Your pony swears are commendable, you pickle sniffing mother apple eater.
:ajsmug:

Until next chapter, Klaatu Barada Nikto.
(or however you wish to spell it).
:moustache:

That was a good story goodluck with the rest of it.

Hey, u planning on updating this anytime soon?

11719979
Working on it. I'm also working on other stories at the same time.

"You know that earth ponies are the ones with psychic abilities, not pegasi, and they can only get glimpses of the future, though Pinkie is a special case. Although...I did have a great-great-great-great aunt who was an earth pony. I'm named after her."

Wait really?

The other guard shook his head no. "Unless it's somepony trying to attack the princesses or loot the castle, I'm not going to get myself directly involved in the affairs of alicorns. They don't pay me enough to do otherwise, so I'm going to just stand my plot here. I suggest you do the same."

Fair.

Outside Luna's room the pair of guards swallowed and shuddered. Guarding three alicorns was trouble enough, what with all of the magical weirdness they always seem to attract. Now there was going to be an indeterminate amount more, they'd have to tell their fellow guards and their commander so they could negotiate for pay raises.

They should’ve been gotten that.

Dear Twilight Sparkle of Clan Wisteria, Applejack of Clan Apple, Rarity of Clan Platinum, Fluttershy of Clan Shy, Rainbow Dash of Clan Posey, Pinkie Pie of Clan Pie, and Spike of Clan Wisteria,

What are those?

bloody hell, took ya long enough

11734430
Some of those are references going all the way back to G1.

11734437
I write at my own pace, so meh.

nice looking forward to the next chapter:twilightsmile:

11734430
Considering it's unicorns with the psychic ability and earth got strength.

11734458
But at first it said earth ponies had psychic powers.

11734452
You mean the clan part?

11734462
Yeah I think the author made a mistake cause this is a fact that any fan can tell. Earth for strength and unicorns for magic and psychic ability and Pegasus for the sky. Pinkie though is the exception to the rules and that is all the rules including the rules of space and time.

Login or register to comment