• Published 10th May 2022
  • 1,032 Views, 32 Comments

Per My Last Email - The Red Parade



Hi, I'm still waiting on those expense reports for November. Please get those in. Thanks!

  • ...
11
 32
 1,032

Garden Club Expense Report: December

Hi Wallflower!

Thanks for the forms. Everything looks good but it looks like you’re missing some transactions. I wrote them down for you:

Cuddling with your girlfriend, $55
Hugging your girlfriend, $155
Kissing your girlfriend, $200
Being the most adorable thing I have ever seen: Priceless.

Love's not free! Pay up.

Strawberry

(PS See you at Garden Club)


I hate you.

(Yeah you better be there, bitch.)

Comments ( 24 )

Howdy, hi~!

My goodness, this was adorable. Love the back and forth between them. Definitely, a fun banter and the email style really works for this. Thanks for the read~!

That was adorable and entirely believable for a pair of teenage girls.

I loved this!

I'm surprised this isn't in the unusual pairings contest. I love the exchanges between the two and I totally read more of them. You've some good jokes here and you plant a lot of each characters' personality in their emails.

Good job for a 1k entry!

I’ve mostly been saving these until the submission period closes, but the tags and premise caught my attention on this one. Delightfully dysfunctional crackship. Thank you for it and best of luck in the judging.

Well that's a rather obscure pairing, but goodness this was funny and cute as hell

11237813

Sunset: "Everything I touch dies!"

11237813

11237839

Sunset just claims she was sold faulty succulents.

Love the email style, led to some pretty funny banter. I want to know more, but it’s also pretty cool to leave those gaps in to fill in yourself, it’s kinda how you have to go with the Thousand Words Contest.

D'aww. Adorable :heart:

Cute story, Red. I like the premise.

Wonderful, but I don't need to tell you that, do I? Simply great, the jokes, the pacing, the personalities, it's all great.

11239041

thanks knighty *shake fist*

This was a fun pairing and a cute story. The email exchange set up was used pretty effectively, and I loved seeing Strawberry troll Wallflower like this. The jump from the penultimate to last chapter was rather sudden, but that worked in its own way too.

Love's not free! Pay up.

Strawberry

(PS See you at Garden Club)

augh, just the right mix of insufferable and adorable!


i love Strawberry so much in this (you just nail her so perfectly i am in awe), and the banter between her and Wallflower was just so fun to witness! this was an absolute delight to read, thank you so much for it!

I love this! The email banter was fun to read and the messages feel completely in character.

Hello! Have a review. I'm not sure this was quite as experimental as I'd been expecting, but who cares? It's a whole lot of fun. Great choice of characters (very nicely written both), lovely sense of humour, feels so well rooted in the CHS universe. I did roll my eyes very slightly at the sight of the number 420, but fortunately it made no difference to my enjoyment. Great fun all round, so have a like and a fave. Well done on the Bronze Medal!

Greetings. Your reading has been completed and can be found below. I hope you enjoy.

Cuddling with your girlfriend, $55
Hugging your girlfriend, $155
Kissing your girlfriend, $200
Being the most adorable thing I have ever seen: Priceless.

Love's not free! Pay up.

there are somethings money can't buy, for everything else there's Mastercard.

Recommended by TCC56.

And boy, oh boy, am I glad I gave this a shot. Wonderful little bit of rom-com.

This was such a clever storytelling method! I really like the ship too, not one I would expect. well done n_n

That was great! Very effective use of the email format, and true to the asynchronous medium - where we don't really see what's going on behind the scenes, only what gets written and sent.

Shame the quote formatting doesn't work in stories like it does everywhere else (including story previews, knighty fix plz), but the different voices and subject matter was distinct enough to easily tell who was who, even without labels.

Login or register to comment