• Published 27th Sep 2021
  • 3,738 Views, 50 Comments

Sunny Writes Fan Fiction - Kaidan



While Sunny and her friend's are cleaning up the lighthouse, they come across several pages of fiction Sunny wrote as a filly. As they bond over the stories, Pipp realizes that Sunny might be onto something that could make her a star.

  • ...
9
 50
 3,738

Chapter 1: Sunny's Filly Fiction

The sun was rising over the ruins of the lighthouse, sending a broken shadow across the hilltop. Amidst the rubble were several ponies and a few townsfolk trying to help Sunny put her life back together after an eventful few days.

“Oh! Do you wanna keep this?” Izzy asked. She was holding some shards from the stained glass window. “I think I could unicycle it into something really cool.”

“Feel free to keep it, just try to get all the broken pieces out so nopony steps on it,” Sunny replied.

She looked around and was glad to see so many ponies had come to help. Once she had reclaimed her valuables and cleaned up the wreckage a bit, a construction crew could come in to rebuild. Pipp appeared to be live streaming while talking to a pony in a small excavator. Hitch was running back and forth trying to keep anypony from getting hurt. Even Sprout was there to clean up his mess, though that may have had more to do with Hitch’s strict plan to whip the deputy into shape and prevent any future mishaps from occurring.

But where could Zipp have wandered off to?


Zipp had flown around the lighthouse when she noticed some loose papers being blown off by the wind. She quickly swooped down and started collecting them, following a trail off into the distance and picking them out of bushes one by one. She seemed to have collected them all, and unable to resist her curiosity any longer, had begun to read them…

Pinkie Pie’s Baking Contest!
By Sunny Starscout

It was a bright and sunny day in Ponyville. The birds were chirping, and a few white clouds listed lazily through the sky.

“Hurry, friends, time for another adventure!” the lavender unicorn shouted.

“What is it this time? Are we fighting a dragon?” the loyal pegasus asked.

“No, we have to help Pinkie Pie win… a baking competition!” Twilight replied.

The friends ran into Sugarcube Corner together and skidded to a halt. There was a giant blackened cupcake sitting in the middle of the kitchen.

“Help everypony!” Pinkie shouted as she bounced around happily. “Sombra is back and he’s cursed my favorite cupcake oven!”

“Oh no, we’ll have to defeat him with our generosity,” Rarity stated.

“And awesomeness!”

“And kindness!”

“And honesty!”

“And friendship!”

The ponies gathered around Twilight and remembered how Earth ponies, pegasuses, and unicorns were friends and loved each other.

Sombra burst out of the cupcake and shouted in horror “no not again!”

The rainbow beam hit him and turned him into a salt and pepper shaker.

“Yay! Now I’m sure to win Celestia’s baking contest!” Pinkie shouted and hugged everypony.

Zipp raised an eyebrow. “Interesting… Sunny must have written these as a filly.” She started walking back towards the lighthouse so she could balance the stack of papers in one hoof and skim over some more of the contents. “She must have been told so many stories growing up about these ponies, I wonder who they were.”

“Hey Zipp, there you are!” Hitch shouted. He trotted down the road until he got close enough to notice the stack of papers. “What have you got there?”

“Oh, I think Sunny wrote these stories, they must have been blown out when the lighthouse collapsed.”

Hitch tilted his head to look at the current page she was on. “Oh? Is this the one where she wakes up as one of them? I think she called it the Elements of Friendship?”

“I don’t really know the characters. You want to read it?” She held the paper up.

When a Sunny Calls
By Sunny Starscout

I had just finished my shift at the smoothie stand and closed up for the night, when the phone booth rang. I went over and picked it up, “Hello this is Sunny!”

There was a strange tingling sensation like electricity running over my body, making my hair stand on end. I blacked out almost instantly.

I woke up feeling groggy in a strange room, the walls looked like a large crystal castle. I looked down at my hooves, instead of orange fur they were purple. There was a pain in my back, I rolled over so it would stop and noticed a pair of lavender wings.

There was a tingling on my head and I shifted my eyes to look up, noticing a unicorn horn. “What? I’m Twilight Sparkle! Today’s gonna be my day!”

“Hey friends! Sunny’s looking for you,” Izzy interrupted the story. “Whatcha doin’?”

Hitch and Zipp looked up from the pages. “Oh,” Zipp explained. “We’re just reading some fan fiction that Sunny wrote. Some of it’s not bad.”

“Oh cool! Let me see,” Izzy pulled a page out in her magic and levitated it up.

Crystal Candy Comets
By Sunny Starscout

Pinkie Pie was atop a huge volcano trying to gather some candy crystal comets to make the most delicious baked goods Equestria had ever known. She had a giant vacuum, but couldn’t get close enough to them to reach any.

She bounced all the way down the hill to find her friend Fluttershy to help her reach the candy comets. Fluttershy was busy trying to film some news stories.

“Hey Fluttershy, I really need your help to reach these comets, and it could make for a good story,” Pinkie explained.

“Oh, anything for a friend!” Fluttershy replied.

They went up the mountain together, but Pinkie couldn’t get close enough when she stood on Fluttershy’s back.

“Hmm, I know! Grow Fluttershy, grow!” Pinkie shouted. She held on tight to her vacuum.

Fluttershy began to glow and grow, ten, twenty, fifty hooves tall! Pinkie began to suck up all the candy crystals in her vacuum as she stood on the shoulders of her giant friend.

Izzy gasped loudly and dropped the page. “Pegasi can grow? Oh Zipp you’ve gotta show me!”

Zipp raised an eyebrow. “Uh, no we can’t really do that. I think she took some creative liberties, there’s no scientific way to increase a pony’s size on demand.”

“Oh, this Fluttershy must have had a pretty impressive sparkle though.” Izzy sat back down to finish the story she had started.

Pipp glided down to land beside the three of them, who were now sitting in a small circle on the side of the road, each looking through different pages of Sunny’s short stories. “There you all are! I was trying to get some good selfies when I realized everypony had wandered off. What are you doing?”

“We’re reading some of Sunny’s stories from when she was a filly,” Hitch explained. “I wish I’d taken more interest in these stories back then, I never expected them to be true.”

Pipp took a paper from the pile, “Huh what’s this? Sheriff Applejack?”

Hitch’s eyes went wide in horror. “Uh, you don’t want to read that one…”

She grinned widely, “By Hitch Trailblazer?”

Izzy and Zipp’s eyes shot up to look at him.

“It’s… she convinced me and Sprout to help her out one time, how could I forget?” He stood up and cleared his throat. “As sheriff of Maretime bay, you can’t read that one.”

He reached for the paper but Zipp stepped in front of him. “Oh come on, hotshot, what are you worried about?”

He gulped and looked to Izzy for help. “Oh, you’re glowing so bright right now Hitch!”

Sheriff Applejack
By Hitch Trailblazer

Applejack walked down the center of the old western town, adjusting the six shooter strapped to her side. She spit on the ground and adjusted her Stetson.

“Y’all aren’t welcome here in Ponyville, changeling. Ah won’t let you steal anypony’s soul!” Applejack said.

“Sssso, you think you can sssstop me, ssssilly pony?” the changeling spat.

“Ah reckon ah can, and ain’t no Twilight here to recommend Clemency. Y’all have broken the law, and ah’m here to pass judgement.” Applejack adjusted her weapon by rolling her shoulder.

The changeling’s horn glowed as it’s giant fangs dripped with venom. “Sssso be it.”

The two stared at each other, shifting their footing slightly as they waited to draw. A tumbleweed blew through the street, and several ponies poked their heads out from the nearby buildings to watch.

The clock struck high noon, and a loud bell sounded. Faster than a runaway trolley, Applejack’s hoof swooped up and drew her six shooter.

The changeling’s charged a laser to melt her brain.

There was a loud bang, and the horn shattered. The changeling fell to the ground in pain, its laser firing wide into the sky.

Applejack stomped over and rubbed the dust off her sheriff’s badge. “Ah reckon y’all will feel that in the morning.”

Zipp smirked. “So adorable Hitch,” she deadpanned.

He was blushing and rubbing behind his neck. “I was just a colt, you know… I don’t even know what a changeling was but she wouldn’t let me hurt a unicorn.”

“Maybe later you can tell me more about what a rough and tumble sheriff can do.” Zipp bumped his shoulder, but it nearly caused him to lose his footing as he tried to shrink back from embarrassment.

“There you are!” Sunny galloped down the road to them. “I think I found most of my stuff, but then I realized you had all vanished. What are you doing?”

“We’re reading your fan fiction, Sunny!” Pipp held up a page. “I’m really liking this one about Potion Nova sneaking in to refill potions.”

“I like this one about the silly cube, what’s it do anyway? Think I could make one?” Izzy asked.

Now it was Sunny’s turn to turn a cute shade of red. “What? My… stories? You really like them?”

“Of course, you’re the only pony in Equestria who knows about Twilight and her friends. I bet you could write all sorts of books!” Izzy stated.

“Books?” Pipp chuckled. “I know some producers in Zephyr Heights. Girl, I’ll get you your very own TV show about pony life back then.”

“Hmm,” Sunny rubbed her chin. “That has a nice ring to it, Pony Life.”

“We better finish rebuilding your house first though, and keep these stories away from Sprout,” Hitch said.

Sunny nodded, “yeah, dad wouldn’t let him over to play for a month after he wrote that story about Pinkie baking cupcakes with Dash…”

Izzy used her magic to levitate all the papers together into one stack, and they began to trot back towards the lighthouse. Sunny walked by her side with Pipp. Zipp hung back to tease Hitch some more about his western.

It didn’t take them long to reach the lighthouse, where the ponies and machinery had made quick work of clearing all the debris to the side. In some wagons sat all of Sunny’s belongings, she’d be moving into town for a while while reconstruction happened.

“So,” Pipp asked. “Tell me more about this Twilight and her friends! I’ve got to know everything if you’re gonna be a star!”

Sunny chuckled. “Once upon a time, many many moons ago in ancient Equestria, there lived a very special unicorn. The unicorn was very bright, as bright as the sun—”

She noticed that all four of her friends, plus every other pony present had stopped and wandered over to listen to her story. Nopony had ever wanted to hear her tell these stories before. There were so many that her dad had told her over the years. Even Sprout was sitting there, listening intently.

“The Princess summoned her to the castle for an important assignment, to learn about friendship. She was sent to Ponyville to make new friends, Earth ponies, pegasuses, and unicorns. Together they would teach everypony how to live together in friendship and harmony...”

Comments ( 50 )

That's pretty cute, and a very clever idea!

Sunny nodded, “yeah, dad wouldn’t let him over to play for a month after he wrote that story about Pinkie baking cupcakes with Dash…”

“Hmm,” Sunny rubbed her chin. “That has a nice ring to it, Pony Life.”

Also a fun reference. :pinkiehappy:

Another short, but cute G5 fanfic. I really love stories that go meta like this, especially since the premise makes perfect sense. I can totally see Sunny getting into fanfic writing when she hit adolescence, and while I don't approve of changeling abuse, Hitch's contribution was a cute addition.

“We’re reading your fan fiction, Sunny!” Pipp held up a page. “I’m really liking this one about Potion Nova sneaking in to refill potions.”

Pony life reference…
*heart attack*

Needs a sequel where they find her spicy fan fiction.

“Hmm,” Sunny rubbed her chin. “That has a nice ring to it, Pony Life.”

Uhh pony life

Sunny nodded, “yeah, dad wouldn’t let him over to play for a month after he wrote that story about Pinkie baking cupcakes with Dash…”

Oh Celestia please don't remind me of that I hated my friend for doing that to me watching that dang video

This is a pretty cute story seeing how sunny really wanted to write her own stories about of the Mane 6 keep up the good work

10993709
You mean the ones she wrote when she was older?

10993709
"Applejack Eats Habanero Peppers with Rainbow Dash"? :trixieshiftright:

10993918
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

10993919
BUT SHARING IS CAR-ING-ING!

10993922
Oh no, I wasn't prepared for this.

But like, for real Izzy is literally serotonin in its purest form. Glad to see more and more fans.

Cute story, Kaiden. Thumbs up.

Unifier of Equestria, contender for princess, and fanfic writer turned TV producer. Quite the resume there.

There was a tingling on my head and I shifted my eyes to look up, noticing a unicorn horn. “What? I’m Twilight Sparkle! Today’s gonna be my day!”

You sure that's not a journal entry?

“I was just a colt, you know… I don’t even know what a changeling was but she wouldn’t let me hurt a unicorn.”

I wonder what Hitch would have wrote if he knew about the siege of Canterlot. That would probably be worth a couple shows there.

“Books?” Pipp chuckled. “I know some producers in Zephyr Heights. Girl, I’ll get you your very own TV show about pony life back then.”

Heck, you might go big enough to get your own musical.

“The Princess summoned her to the castle for an important assignment, to learn about friendship. She was sent to Ponyville to make new friends, Earth ponies, pegasuses, and unicorns. Together they would teach everypony how to live together in friendship and harmony...”

What has happened may happen again. May your future be a long and prosperous one.

10993809
I approve of this literal-mindedness.

Actually, it'd be a funny and cute twist if Sunny turned out to be innocent and takes the term literally.

I like Hitch 's story the most out of those excerpt. ^^

This was adorable, and a really clever idea. Nice work

Dan
Dan #19 · Sep 28th, 2021 · · ·

Pony Life was all fanfiction. Headcanon accepted.

Wow, its amazing story!

“That has a nice ring to it, Pony Life.”

I'll accept this as canon.

Perfectly Insane
Moderator

Not only did I half-expect you not to go through with it, I wasn't expecting one of my ideas to be done this well. Fantastically done.

10993649
There have been a lot of fun meta/conspiracy discussions about gen 5. Just the fact Sunny was playing make believe with the dolls means she could have had all kinds of other adventures or fics. I couldn't let Sunny have all the fun, so I figured Hitch would be into Westerns... And Zipp probably is into Sheriff's. Sprout probably wrote some kinda slasher, but then I realized it wouldnt be Sunny's Fanfics if I tried to fit all the pony's ideas in. That'll have to be a story for another time.

10994386
Thanks. I'll have to get some more insane ideas from you sometime. :twilightsmile:

10993693
it's a sweet life, still a little messy...

10993784
Thanks! And don't worry, no pegasi were harmed baking cupcakes with Pinkie. Rarity may have melted a few brains though...

10993709
Hmmm.... you might be onto something.

10993809
And then since pegasi are so vicious (and smell like fishes) Dash eats Applejack... Wait this is rated E. :trollestia:

10994059
It'd be fun to see the other character's takes on gen 4, but I realized only Sprout or Hitch would have any idea those characters ever existed. I guess first step is Sunny producing a TV show to teach everyone the magic of friendship. Then we can explore Zipp's Ship Fics.

10993925
Take two Izzy daily to combat sadness. Supplement with at least 15 minutes with Sunny for vitamin D.

10994127 10994231
Thanks, I think that was my favorite idea. That Pony Life is so silly and has tablets because it's future Sunny trying to guess what their lives were like back then.

10994428
It also explains why Ponyville is for some reason suddenly next to a (pink) ocean -- Sunny's from a seaside town, so she made Ponyville a one, too!

10994449
writes that down

I'm on season 2 of Pony Life and hadn't really registered that Ponyville had been moved oceanside.

This makes a terrifying amount of sense. As far as Pony Life origins go, it's right up there with "Pinkie accidentally created that universe while supercharged with chaos magic." Thank you for it.

All of this is super adorable, gah dayum it's so beautiful! Plus, with the way ya wrote this and some background knowledge, it really does seem like she'd have done this! Hope ya don't mind, but I couldn't resist making a lil' reading of this irresistible fic of yours!

Audio Linkyloo!: https://youtu.be/eUrafuBgndo

(I don't mean to offend anyone with this comment in any way!)

10994569
Thank you, it's awesome to have a reading done. Can't wait to listen to it. :twilightsmile:

Yay G5 tag :yay:
Now all we need is some G5 emotes

*Checks out new stories*

Holy heck, a legend has return!

*Sees Pony Life reference*

*Runs away screaming*

10994983

*Sees Pony Life reference*

*Runs away screaming*

Really? That seems a little harsh. :pinkiesmile:

10995266
*Remember the Powerpuff Girls 2016*

Fair point.

I really hope they burned Sprout's interpretation of Cupcakes. This is a fun story even though I don't know anything about Pony Life.

10995801
I thought of doing a continuation of the intro where Sprout's Rarity was attacking everyone, but that'd be better as it's own story. Went for the classic Cupcakes reference instead, which I'm sure Argyle shredded and burned.

10994983
It's good to be back. It's a very sweet, magic, fast, posh, fun, cute fandom... sorry couldn't resist. :rainbowlaugh:

Oh, this was a nice story! The fanfics seemed exactly like something Sunny would right as a young filly, and even Hitch's story seemed like something he would write. (And I can completely picture Sunny and Argyle keeping him from making a unicorn the villain. Surprised they allowed a changeling as the villain, but who knows how many records they even have of the Gen 4 time?) Also, that was a nice Cupcakes reference slid in there...of course Sprout would write something like that. :pinkiesick:

Final thoughts: I like the idea that Pony Life was created by less-than-perfect records of Gen 4 by ponies like Sunny. Also loved how everyone was finally listening to her story of how Twilight made friends with the others. :heart:

I appreciate the Cupcakes and Pony Life references

Bell #42 · Sep 30th, 2021 · · 1 ·

This story is tons of fun. And the implication that Pony Life is Sunny's fanfic is just *chef's kiss*

What would young Sunny do as Princess Twilight?

If the High noon bit isn’t a reference to Mcree’s ultimate deadeye then I’ll very disappointed. xD

“Books?” Pipp chuckled. “I know some producers in Zephyr Heights. Girl, I’ll get you your very own TV show about pony life back then.”

Then you get an angry mob demanding for blood due to a post you made a decade ago and the show gets canceled.

10994428
I'm honestly surprised I missed the tablet and beach references...
I dare somepony to see if there's a lighthouse at this beach-based ponyville in Pony Life!

This is the first g5 fanfic I've read, and ive gotta say, it was a great place to start! It all felt very in-character, and the references were fun (g5 being sunny's fanfic is just too great).

Also, im glad someone else acknowledges the chemistry zipp and hitch seem to have. Tho she seems a bit more foreward in this fic, lol

I can believe in colorful ponies who live in a fantasy world filled with magic where they can cast spells and build cellphones without opposable digits, but the idea that somepony could become famous writing fanfiction is too outlandish even for high fantasy. :trollestia:

Loved Sunny displacing herself.

“I like this one about the silly cube, what’s it do anyway? Think I could make one?” Izzy asked.

"We are the Herd. We will add your biological and magical distinctiveness to our own. Friendship is Magic."

Wait, wrong cube! Wrong cube! :twilightoops:

Login or register to comment