• Published 13th Aug 2012
  • 18,853 Views, 338 Comments

Sonic Boom - Wuten



When Rainbow Dash reveals her hidden feelings to a human, Anonymous, how will he react to it?

  • ...
65
 338
 18,853

The Morning After (Arc 2 Start!)

Author's Note:

Finally figured out how to stick this on top.

Here's the first part of the next arc of Sonic Boom, written at around 2-3AM with no caffeine to sate me. This is where things start to get a bit more headcanon-y. As such, there are a few alternate endings that I have written to certain parts that may or may not end up here.

So, let's just dive right in, shall we? Welcome to Arc 2, likely the final arc of Sonic Boom that I am willing to convert to prose without delving into too much of the terrible OC-fest that it eventually becomes.

But you don't need to worry your little head about that. Have some cute Rainbow Dash and Anon, courtesy of Wuten.

Sonic Boom
Arc 2
Chapter 1 - The Morning After


Ah, morning… your least favorite time of day.

To reiterate: you are Anonymous, the only human living in Equestria, and it’s been that way for two years, as of yesterday. Rainbow Dash is your bro-turned-girlfriend, and the two of you just had the wildest night last night. The musk is still in the air from your post-coital bliss the night before.

And you couldn’t be happier with the situation. The only thing making it terrible? The sun. The fucking sun in your eyes is what woke you up.

Tiredly reaching a hand up, you block out the sun while your other hand rubs the crust out of your eyes. Feels good, man. Feels reeeeal good. You let out a long yawn, a few strands of hair getting caught in your mouth in the process.

Wait, these aren’t your hairs; they’re too colorful. Looking down, you see Rainbow Dash, curled up on your chest with the most adorable sleeping face you’ve ever seen.

“Thanks Celestia, for waking me up this early,” you mutter, smiling at the sun in the window. “Also, fuck you, for waking me up this early.” You flip your hand up into a middle finger towards the sun, and you swear you can feel the temperature on your hand rise a few degrees before you pull it back to you.

Dash stirs on your chest slightly, curling a bit tighter against you. You smile, lifting your head up and leaning it to hers, planting a small kiss on her nose. “Morning, Dashie,” you whisper softly, wrapping your arms around her soft body.

She stirs once more, and this time those beautiful magenta eyes open to meet yours. “Heh… morning Anon,” she mutters groggily, standing up on all fours and stretching a bit, before slumping back down on your chest, her eyes staring back into yours. “How’d ya sleep?”

“Like I haven’t in years,” you say, smiling and tilting your head up to hers in a small kiss, this time on the lips instead.

“Same here,” she mutters into the kiss, before breaking it after a few seconds, flapping her wings and floating in the air above you. “Well, c’mon! Breakfast isn’t gonna make itself, y’know,” she teases, giving you a playful wink before flying off into the kitchen.

“Heh, always full of energy, even in the morning…”

Sitting up, you grab a pair of pants to slip on, and then step up off the sofa and into the kitchen behind her. “So, what’d ya want?” you ask, turning the corner into the kitchen.

“What’d ya have?” she teases, mocking your choice of words. You sounded kind of like Applejack just then, you realize.

“Hm… I could cook a few eggs if you want. Ever had some?”

She raises an eyebrow briefly, before shaking her head. “Nope. Never had ‘em before.”

Fuck yeah. Time to show her how much being a bachelor has helped your cooking skills.

Grinning, you walk over to the counter and pull out a skillet and your carton of eggs. “Stand back and watch, Rainbow,” you say, pulling two eggs out of the carton and cracking them into the skillet, flipping on your stove. It wasn’t much compared to what you had on Earth, you admit, but hey. It worked, and that’s what’s important.

She’s watching you intently now, hovering just behind your shoulder as you fry up the eggs. You decide to entertain her a bit, to show off a little as you cook. Hopefully you can pull it off…

They look solid enough now, so you flip the eggs up into the air with the skillet, and successfully manage to catch them. Fuck yeah, cooking like one of those pro chefs you saw on those television shows. Rainbow’s eyes widen in astonishment, before chuckling a bit and floating over to sit back down in her seat at the table.

After about two minutes the eggs are fully cooked, so you reach into a cabinet and pull out two plates, putting one egg on each plate. “Alright, here ya go,” you say, setting one plate down in front of her and another down for yourself. She hesitates for a few moments, before taking a small bite out of it.

Her eyes go wide and a grin curls across her lips. She loves it.

With what you can only describe as the speed of Kenyans, she digs into the eggs, slurping up as much of the egg yolk as possible before licking her lips clean. “Wh-whoa, those are awesome!” she shivers a bit from the taste, and smiles at you. “Where’d you learn to make something like this?”

“Living on your own isn’t all bad,” you smirk, taking a bite in a much calmer manner. “Gives you a chance to experiment with different foods and spices.”

Holy shit, this is good… you really outdid yourself this time, Anon.

“So, what’re your plans for today, huh?” Rainbow asks as you take another bite.

You swallow quickly before responding. “Well, I was planning on heading up to the general store later today to pick up a few things… that was actually the last of the eggs, unfortunately,” you chuckle a bit, relaxing in your chair as you finish your egg. “I really need to remember to head there more often, especially in the middle of winter…” you sigh.

“Hey,” Rainbow says, floating up out of her seat and coming around next to you, wrapping her forehooves around your neck, nuzzling into your hair. “Thanks for breakfast this morning, Anon. That was amazing,” she whispers.

“Hey, no problem,” you smile, turning your head to place a soft kiss on her cheek. “I’m just glad tha—”

A knock at the door interrupts your little moment.

She smiles down at you, floating from the embrace. “I’ll get it,” she says, giggling a bit before floating over to the front door, while you move to start collecting and cleaning the dishes in the sink.

“What are you two doing here?” you hear Rainbow’s voice erupt from the other room.

“Howdy there, Rainbow. We, um… we have somethin’ t’ give ya, to make up fer all the stuff we’ve put y’all through,” you hear one of the voices say, albeit a bit hesitantly.

Applejack.

“What’re you talking about?”

“Listen, sugarcube. We’re both real sorry ‘bout all that’s been goin’ on.”

Weird, Applejack already apologized to you, and when she says “we”, does she mean…

“So, we’ve brought you a lil’ somethin’ as a peace gift,” Applejack says with a bit more confidence, and you hear the sound of shuffling bags before it stops.

“What is it?” Rainbow asks, and you hear the confusion and surprise in her voice.

“Accordin’ to Fluttershy here, it’s a transformin’ potion from Zecora,” Applejack says, and you nearly drop the plate you’re cleaning as those words reach your ears.

Did such a thing really exist? Could it even work?

Setting the plate down, you slip up to the corner of the wall in the kitchen, listening in and peeking out every so often.

“What’s it do?” Rainbow asks while eyeing the vial of strange liquid. Applejack hoofs it to her, and she gets an even closer look.

“It’s really something,” Fluttershy speaks up for the first time. “It lets you turn into the species of whatever you want. All it takes is adding one hair from the species into the potion, and then you drink it, and voila!” she exclaims, albeit still a bit quietly given her usual tone of voice.

It kind of makes sense… but still, you’re a bit suspicious of it.

“How long does it last?” you ask, rounding the corner and walking over, towering above them while leaning against the doorframe.

“Zecora told Fluttershy it’d only last about a half a day, before wearing off,” Applejack looks up at you.

Definitely suspicious now.

You know for a fact that Applejack wouldn’t lie, but… what if it was the only truth she knew?

Rainbow turns to look at you and smiles. “So… what you’re saying is, if I drink this, I could be a human too?”

“Hold on,” you turn to Fluttershy. “What kinds of other effects can we expect from this, Fluttershy?” you ask, eyeing her closely for any signs that she isn’t telling the truth.

“Zecora didn’t tell me about any other effects that could happen,” Fluttershy cowers a bit under your intense gaze.

…Doesn’t look like she’s lying.

“Alright… let’s get this over with.”

You reach up to your head and pluck out a single strand of hair. “You’re absolutely sure about this, Rainbow?” you ask, holding the hair up to her.

She nods and opens the vial with her teeth, holding the vial of liquid up to you. “Yeah. It’ll be a bit weird getting used to walking around on two feet, but I’m pretty sure I’ll get the hang of it easily within the first hour,” she grins excitedly as you drop the hair into the vial, the liquid fizzling and dissolving the hair on contact.

Suddenly, you’re even less sure about this.

“Bottoms up!” Rainbow teases, downing the entire potion in one go. She recoils a bit at the taste, but swallows it all.

The three of you eye her intently, waiting to see the effects of the potion taking place…

Comments ( 82 )

Who knew this story would update 0.o? Reading time again...

Cock tease Great chapter!:pinkiehappy:

NEED MOAR!!! Will Fluttershy and AppleJack Poison RD for Annons attentions? FIND OUT SUCKERS!!!

But no sex. Because sex with pastel-colored horses shouldn't be posted on websites that are meant to be browsed by anyone who can click a check box on a dropdown list used by anyone browsing a website. Or at least made to be more secure than that. Because really, who would want to read something like that?

>implying everyone here isn't a horsefucker

That's a hilarious joke.

4143687
>Implying OP isn't just a total dumbass

4143963 Yes,i realise this now...

4144297
AND YOU GOT YOUR SEQUEL, HOW DOES IT FEEL?

That fucking picture... IT'S TOO CUTE GOD DAMMIT!!!! :flutterrage:

I spent tonight reading through all of your currently released chapters. It's nice to see improvements progress from chapter to chapter, but if you were to read the story as I did, all these chapters could have been condensed into one chapter/episode.

And also, a note for the 'turn into it with a single hair' potion. Why didn't Fluttershy just politely ask for a single hair of Anons and just go find a willing colt? It seems a lot of hassle, frustration and tensions could have been quelled on day one.

Come to think of it, I can comprehend and justify Fluttershy's attitude to this. But Applejack? Why does she lust for Anon? I was hoping to read something like: "...You went out to try help the Apples tie together their barn contraption. It failed miserably. You were strung up like a marionette from the ceiling by suspended ropes; hooked up to the beams above and being counter-weighed from below. Up until this point Applejack though nothing more of you than just a good friend. But it was in the warm orange glow you were kissed under that caught Applejack's eye. "Interesting", "funny", "different" were some adjectives being mulled over in the laughing mare's mind as you struggled for freedom. ...And then the flirting began."

And finally, I dislike stories that have an undertone of "I've been here for years, but let's act as though I arrived just yesterday!" If problems have persisted for that amount of time, and still continue to do so, then I don't expect a 'quick fix', e.g., Fluttershy's advances not seizing from the prior events at the party.

With what you can only describe as the speed of Kenyans, she digs into the eggs, slurping up as much of the egg yolk as possible before licking her lips clean.

speed of Kenyans

...huh.Can't think of a better way to describe what you/I am discribing. Kenyans it is. Perhaps she is also as fast as a Mexican? :rainbowdetermined2:

Is there MOAR of the books like the link in the desc.?

Hot diggety DAYUM! I remember reading this over a year ago! Has it really been that long? Jesus does time fly.

Well, that potion dealie came out of nowhere...

Oh Wuton, I just now come to remember how half the fun of your stories is deciding whether to favorite them or not in the hopes they update within the year. Yep, still just as fun

4144774
Nearly all of these points have been brought up in my thinking when it came to rewriting this story.

For Fluttershy asking for a single hair: looking at it from Anon's perspective, wouldn't it seem a bit strange for her to be asking something like that from him? From the way you're wording it in this, I'm assuming she would take a hair from Anon, use it on a willing stallion/mare, watch the results, and go from there. Spoilers ahead: This is actually addressed slightly in one of the alternate outcomes of the potion I wrote. Fluttershy isn't quite acting on the best of intentions...
As for the Applejack thing: because of the nature of stories written in early AiE, especially using the "Flutterrape/Fetishy/Applerape" trope that was popular in stories back then, we really didn't have a lot of explanation as to why it happened. It just sort of... happened. I know where you're coming from with this, but it just wasn't explained in the original version, and I didn't want to deviate too much from the original, so I left it in there. Can it be chalked up to laziness on my part? ...Probably.
As for the "living there for a few years", again, I understand where you're coming from with that, and at this point I suppose it's a difference of preference. I enjoy stories like that, personally. And these issues aren't "resolved", so to speak. They're still going to be a recurring theme; it was just that one instance where he was luckily able to get her to stop before she was able to do anything worse.

All of these are excellent points, and I've gone over most of them in my head during the brainstorming process for this story. I love when comments actually explain themselves, because it gives fruit to actual discussion with people that read the stories. I hope that you were able to get enjoyment out of the story as a whole, nonetheless. :scootangel:

Oioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioi

Me and my army supports this story:pinkiesmile:

AWESOME. KEEP GOING

Well...that was fun :pinkiehappy:

4144374
Like kittens and salty coins.

I date Rainbow Dash?

4153209
Hey you said it, not me.

4153241
But your the one who said we are dating.

And story took a turn for the worse.

:pinkiesick:

4154138
What do you mean by that, hm?

EXCELLENT JOB ON THIS STORY! Very creative style of writing, very comical, very relatable, very heartfelt, and very brotastic!

4154492

How to explain this...

I can understand a story told through skipped steps. Like to reach point A to get to point D, but skipping or skimming points B and C.

So here we have a potion that can transform Pony to Human or vice versa.

So uh... Why did Rainbow want to change?
Why not the hero change into pony?
Why did they not talk about it more before deciding who transforms?
Did either of the couple care to test the potion first?
Does the hero care she will be naked human?
Will Rainbow as a human attract stallions like hero did with the mares?
Lots of other things I would ask for, but I get they are in love and junk.
But I guess Rainbow also does things without thinking, but "you" as the hero- not so much.
These questions that can be answered later, but are more important now.

A turn for the worse went from a simple love story, to a either complicated plot twist or shenanigans that will ensue.

And dear author- don't answer or tell me in comments the answers. Please do so in the story. "You" or me as the hero- if I really cared for Rainbow- would stop her before drinking the potion.

4154749
All valid points. Most have been/will be addressed in the next chapter. But some of those points... they're just things that someone that's impulsive (Rainbow Dash) wouldn't consider immediately. And even Anon to a point; it's different for everyone because the story inserts the reader into the perspective of Anon, yes, but sometimes I have to take liberties to either A: Keep the story moving, or B: Make something happen that's a bit more interesting. My style of writing doesn't leave too much to exposition, and leans more to using actions and dialogue to drive a story.

All I can really say is have faith, to be honest. Sonic Boom is my creative baby; I know what I'm doing.

4144374 LIKE SALMON AND MOZARELLA ON MY DICK

Felt Like reading it.

the link

Enjoy
Note: only first four chapters, tune in next Sunday for four more and the next for last four. (Too Many Fours...)

4160344
Not bad. Not bad... I liked it. :3

4165769
But I don't dislike Fluttershy, if that's what you're getting at. :duck:

I expect Rainbow Dash to be pregnant and a Pony again within a while, because I fucking hate Humanized Ponies, and if she's going to turn she might as well get something out of it!

4207963
Oi.

You should check out my clop story collection, you'll find it there~

And then she falls alseep and the other to rape him...the end

i waaaant moooaaaaarrrrr.....

4817638
The readers on Fimfiction are insatiable sometimes... Don't worry, you'll get more eventually. Once I get off my lazy ass and write, that is. :heart:

4817647 wow, that was a quick response. Thanks for letting me know dude, love your RD and OC clops.

4817739
Caught me mid-writing through my AiE thread #1000 story in a fit of post-meds anxiety and excitement. Probably gonna crash randomly in about an hour or so. :derpytongue2:

And thanks, glad you enjoyed. Even though they're from like 2+ years ago...

Comment posted by fluttershyfan3030 deleted Sep 15th, 2014

5006539
nigga hush, don't spoil the story~ but I am glad you're enjoying. Lol

5007783 oops sorry I tried to be mysterious I didn't mean to say anything sorry.:pinkiesad2: Do us both a favor delete that comment I do not wish to spoil your story:unsuresweetie:but this really is a great story I really am looking forward to your next chapter:twilightsmile:

I for sure can't wait for the next chapter. Wuten, you've done a great job, you spaghetti king you. :rainbowwild:

5614005
Back when I first posted it? Look at those comments in the first chapter. Enjoy the hilarity.

It petered out a bit over the year, but you still got the occasional one. Still, I can fully admit to having many keks when I posted the full story.

hey hoping to see more storys on this so far its really good

TLP

4207914 I know it's late and all, but...

What the fuck?

TLP

4817647 In that case...


... We're bloody waiting.

Login or register to comment