• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,601 Views, 4,548 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,548
 17,601

PreviousChapters Next
Discoveries.

It was the morning after Nightmare Night. Not a creature was stirring due to indigestion.

Every non-pony inhabiting the library had binged on candy the night before. Spike lay groaning in his basket bed, while we Eevees lay in a tangled heap by the bed. Twilight, even though she was putting off studying the ‘newest’ resident, had lain awake staring at the ceiling trying, and then discarding, different theories as to how two separate creatures could be the same entity. She had finally fallen asleep just before the rising of Celestia’s sun.

Abes had waited until the Eevees had fallen into their candy comas before carefully extracting himself. He had then spent the rest of the night creeping through the library, looking at any books that caught his interest, while also trying to reteach himself how to read. He had discovered that he could see perfectly fine with the minute glow coming from his gold rings, which had dimmed as he had come out from under the moonlight.

Now, he drew the curtains closed so the sun’s rays wouldn’t wake the room’s occupants. Wearily, he slunk to the far corner where the sun’s light had yet to reach. He curled up, wedging himself into the deepest part of the shade, before falling asleep himself.


I awoke with a start. For once, I was the second one up, being beaten only by Villhiem. He looked over at me with a paw raised to his muzzle, before pointing to the far corner. There, wedged into the space between the bedside table and the wall, lay Abes. His golden rings had faded into a dull yellow.

He also lay upside down with his tail covering his head.

“What time is it?” I whispered over to Villhiem.

“Just before noon.” Came his hushed reply.

We both shared a glance, nodding. “Operation: Hell’s Kitchen is a go!”


We finished setting the table about half an hour later. During that time, no one else had gotten up. That soon changed as the smell made its way up the stairs.

First came the Eevees, with their heightened sense of smell. Then came Spike, who stared wide eyed at what Villheim and I had done. Finally, Twilight managed to crawl her way down to the dining room, drawn by her nose’s promise of coffee. It took her tired brain a moment to figure out what she was seeing. “Wow, Spike. You didn’t have to do this for us…”

The table was set for two. Two towering stacks of pancakes where placed by pitchers of syrup, one stack obviously laced with some of the gems from Spike’s supplies. The Eevees had just finished eating from their own bowls, save for Villhiem and me, our bowls clearly showing the small amount of fish mixed in with the berries.

But what surprised her the most was that the dishes had already been cleaned and left to air dry.

Spike looked at Twilight in confusion. “But I didn’t- ow!”

I interrupted him by chomping on his tail as I passed by to my own bowl.

“I’m sorry, Spike, I missed that.” Twilight said as she began to work on her own pancake stack.

“I said ‘thanks’.” Spike said, shifting his confused look to Villhiem and me.

We just gave him our best ‘innocent little angels’ look.

“I figured you can use the energy to look over Abes this afternoon.”

Twilight stabbed her fork into the now syrupy mess on her plate. “Ugh, I was up all night trying to figure out what might have happened. Did Princess Luna do something she wasn’t aware of that caused him to change? Did he just spontaneously grow up? Did he leech some of Luna’s magic to do so?” She shoveled her pancakes down as fast as she could while still throwing theories around. “Was he always under an illusion and decided to let it drop? Did he just absorb energy from the moon and use that to change? If so, why haven’t the others changed? What triggered it?

“Just when I think I’ve figured these little enigmatic balls of stress out, they throw me something new…” She finished with a groan.

<<No, sorta, maybe, no, yes that! We don’t wanna yet, his friendship with Luna!>> I answered.

“Oh stuff it!” Twilight flicked her fork at me, causing a dollop of syrup to land on my muzzle. Villhiem, without thinking, quickly licked it off.

I just stared at him, feeling my face flush. I could see the moment he realized what he had just done. He slowly looked at me, mortified.

“Pfff, we need to get a camera for these things, Twilight!” Spike burst out laughing.


I spent the rest of the afternoon hiding under Twilight’s bed. The rest of the Eevees had left to do their own thing. I was deliberately avoiding the others. I had been keeping a secret from the rest of the pack, one I still hadn’t quite come to terms with myself. I knew I was incredibly lucky that our hosts had yet to not call me by name too much, and the few times they didn't, no one else had caught it.

“You know that they are going to find out eventually, right?”

Hello, Brain. Where the hell have you been?!

“Oh, you know, trying to come to terms with our new living arrangements. The plumbing is interesting to say the least…”

Before that thought could go any further, Twilight came into her room. I crawled towards the edge of the bed to see what she was up to. Her gaze traveled across the room before locking onto the sleeping Umbreon in the corner. Lighting up her horn, she approached the slumbering canine. Her satisfied smile, quickly shifted into a frown, then to a determined grimace. Slowly, Abes was lifted of the ground about an inch, before Twilight carefully levitated him out her bedroom door.

I slowly followed her down the stairs. She seemed to take her time, carefully planting each hoof before raising another. Soon enough, Abes was bumping into the closed basement door.

“Spike!” Twilight grunted out. “I need you to open the basement door!”

Spike poked his head out from an adjacent room, before running to Twilight’s aid, tossing his feather duster behind him. Spike walked backwards down the basement stairs in front of Abes, with Twilight following him. Again, I snuck down behind them.

Stopping at a landing, I watched them place Abes onto a table. Twilight let out a sigh as she slumped against the nearest wall. “That, was unexpected.” She panted out. Somehow, they had failed to wake the sleeping Umbreon throughout the transfer.

Spike looked from Abes to Twilight and back. “He couldn’t have been that heavy, could he?”

“That’s just it.” Twilight leveled a slightly scared stare at her assistant. “It wasn’t that he was heavy. My magic just couldn’t seem to get a grip on him. I haven’t had to apply that much effort and focus since magic kindergarten.”

“But,” Spike turned to stare at Abes, “I saw Princess Luna carrying him around as if he was nothing in her aura!”

“Maybe it’s just because she’s an Alicorn?” Twilight speculated. She shook her head with a sigh. “I’m going to need some fresh Eevee samples to compare his to. Is Yomega upstairs?”

“No, he left with the others.”

“Ugh! How are they getting out?!” Twilight sighed again. “You know what, that’s fine. Go find Leo, she’s usually sleeping in a hidey hole somewhere in the library around now.”

Spike snapped a salute. “Got it!” He spun on the spot and marched up the stairs. He stopped when he found me just sitting there. “And done!” he called back to Twilight, motioning for me to follow him. I obediently did so.

“Great!” Twilight chirped, levitating another large needle. “Hold Leo steady, please.”

Author's Note:

Two in one day, what madness as come over me! I couldn't upload the previous chapter like I wanted to yesterday, and finished this one off in time to toss it up today as well.

As you can see, I have thrown a little hint as to a certain being's type. It can be logically assumed that Twilight, as a psychic type, would have troubles lifting Abes that Luna, as a flying/dark type, wouldn't have.

Also, I am doing my damnedest to avoid calling us 'Pokemon' in this story. I want this story to be told partly from the pony's side, and they would have no clue what a Pokemon even is. This is why I keep referring to the Eevee pack as Eevees or canines....

Sorry about that. I needed to vent a little. I reread what I wrote to discover I called Abes a Pokemon twice this time.

PreviousChapters Next