• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,561 Views, 4,542 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,542
 17,561

PreviousChapters Next
Royal Sentence.

I awoke back in the Everfree. Rainbow, Luna, Abes, and Yomega were already starting to get up off the forest floor. Looking around, I could see Conner leaning into a worried looking Fluttershy, and Villhiem was rooted in place not far from them. I pulled myself free from Villhiem's slack roots and tried to stand.

The cramp in my legs just caused me to gracelessly flop onto my side. I began to carefully stretch out my legs as Rainbow hovered over to me.

"What's wrong, Leo?"

<<Leg cramps>> I admitted.

"Huh. I think you're the only one with them..." Rainbow trailed off. I could see Luna giving a basic recounting of what had happened to those that hadn't entered my mind.

<<I, uh, was fighting timberwolves before all of this happened.>>

Rainbow tilted her head. "Why were you fighting timberwolves?" I just hung my head in shame. It took a moment, but she quickly swept me up into a hug. "Oh, Leo..."

A shadow fell over us shortly before Luna placed a wing over us. "Come. We must return to Ponyville." She gently began to guide us towards the clearing's edge. Glancing ahead, I could see Fluttershy and Conner already waiting for us, and a receding patch of darkness as Abes shadowported away.

<<Did they see us?>> I turned an ear, eavesdropping on Yomega and Villhiem's hushed voices. <<I felt some fear and confusion...>>

<<Yeah, a few saw us. Most of them are still in the one place though. I'm keeping tabs on them, don't worry.>>

Weird. Gotta ask them about that later. I risked a glance up at Luna's stern face and gulped. If there's a later...

"Art thou... Are you not coming?" Luna called back to the two evolved Pokémon. They gave her quick nods before trotting to catch up to us. Luna led us from the forest, taking the fastest route through the trees.

"Um... Princess Luna?" Fluttershy hesitantly asked. "Could you, ah, teleport us back out? If you want to, that is. you don't have to if you don't want to, but..."

"There is much and more that We have need to think about." Luna pursed her lips. "We... I can teleport you home, if you wish." At Fluttershy's rapid nodding, Luna's magic whisked her and Conner away. The trek to the Everfree's edge continued in silence.

Abes shadowported back to us once we had finally exited the tree line. <<Just let the rest of the Pack know roughly what was going on.>>

Luna nodded at him, then turned to the rest of us. "Well, now comes the time for us to address your issue, Leo."

Villhiem perked up. "Did you get rid of the Claw?"

"Nay." Luna sighed. "What we did deal with was a tantabus, a parasitic creature created from a being's guilt and desire for self-punishment. They are usually trapped within the mind of their creator, and are usually not this self aware." Luna sighed. "However, they have a strange interaction with the Dream Catcher Sigil. We are not sure what causes it, but We suspect that the energy trapping one's dreams feeds into a tantabus, and causes them to become self aware. However, this same interaction causes them to become far more malicious and seek escape from their host's mind through any means possible, which leads us to what happened today."

"You must've dealt with them a lot to know all this, huh?" Rainbow asked.

"We have very intimate knowledge of them, yes." Luna shuddered. "All of that laid bare, there is one good thing that comes from all of this: Leo is not being affected by a tulpa. The tantabus would've been consumed long before it could become such an issue."

<<So... What is the Claw, then?>> I asked through Rainbow.

"We do not know." Luna frowned. "However, now that I have had a feel of your mindscape's signature, it will be easier for us to find it again." She smoothed over her features. "Now, for the immediate issue. Leo, how many know about your true involvement with the mana bomb?"

<<Only those that were in my head...>> I sat on my hunches and bowed my head.

Luna slowly nodded. "First then, Abes? We wish for you to tell the rest of the Pack of the truth of the matter, as well as Leo's punishment for it."

"Hold on, Princess!" Rainbow spoke up, hovering above me. "If Leo's getting punished then... you'd... better..." Her bravado wilted under Luna's glare. She landed behind me and waited in silence.

<<Your highness?>> Yomega asked through Abes. <<Before you enact your judgment, I need to inform you that I have placed a lock on Leo's use of that ability. She needs either Rainbow or myself to explicitly tell her to use that move before she can do so.>>

"Thank you, Yomega." She tilted her head at the Espeon. "Leo Lancer of Ponyville, you have been found guilty of crimes against Canterlot and the Kingdom of Equestria." She spoke up over Villhiem's shocked exclamations. "How do you plead?"

<<Guilty.>> I almost whispered.

Luna stared down at me imperiously. "We cannot judge you as a pony, as you are not sapient in the eyes of the law. We cannot judge you as a Summon, as you are a naturalized species. This leads Us to a unique problem." She took a deep breath. "Leo Lancer of Ponyville, your sentence is such: You are to serve ten years of community service under watch of a custodian appointed by the Crown. Any bits you make from your current profession, minus the minimum needed to sustain yourself, are to be donated to a charity of your custodian's choice, so long as it is one of the ones that have been set up because of the Canterlot Invasion. You will have a curfew, to be set by your custodian. Until your community service is complete, you are to be placed under the custodianship of an Element of Harmony, the Element of Loyalty, Lady Rainbow Dash."

She turned her stare to Rainbow. "Lady Rainbow Dash. Until Leo Lancer's sentence is complete, she is your responsibility. You are to check in on her location nightly, you are to find her work for her community service, and you are to give a monthly report, written, to the Crown on her progress. Are We understood?"

We both nodded.

"Good." Her expression softened. "We thank you for what you and your Pack have done in the defense of Canterlot. Now, there is much that needs our attention back in the Palace. We bid thee a good day." With that, she teleported away.

We all sat there in silence, digesting my punishment.

<<Okay, seriously.>> Villhiem looked between the rest of us. <<What did Leo do?>>

I sighed, and began to meander my way towards home. <<You might as well tell him, Abes. I just want to put the rest of this day behind me.>>

Yomega followed after Rainbow and I. <<You do realize that you just got the equivalent of a slap on the wrist, right?>>

<<Yes.>> I sighed. <<I don't think she had much of a choice, though. Not a summon, so she can't banish me, not a pony, so pony laws can't apply to me. What else could she do?>>

Rainbow spoke up. "She could've treated you like my pet. Then I would be the one that would've been punished, and you would've been put... into a pound." We all ignored the other option.

<<I'd take what amounts to a large fine over that any day.>> I sighed.

Rainbow nudged me. "So, be home by ten, I guess? I'll go ask Twilight for some charity pamphlets." She then cringed. "Do... Do you want the others to know?"

Another sigh. <<Might as well. Look, I just want to go to bed.>>

"Then go?" Rainbow frowned. "Are... Are you going to be okay?"

<<I don't think I've been "okay" for a while now.>> I huffed. <<But I just need to rest. I'll be... available to talk tomorrow.>>

"Alright." Rainbow drew out the word. "Just... Let us know if you need anything."

I nodded, then blurred home. I hopped up the steps, then buried myself into my blankets. I stared at the wall until I fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Some wounds heal, and we can move on with our lives. There are some wounds that refuse to fade, and hurt us forever more. Then there are some that scar. They don't hurt anymore, but they remain, and remind you of the pain that caused them.

The worst scars are the ones in our mind, for, while they never show, they are never forgotten, and can still hurt as vividly as they day we got them.

While this arc is closed, Leo will always have these scars.

PreviousChapters Next