• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,499 Views, 4,527 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,527
 17,499

PreviousChapters Next
Bonus: Odd Utility.

[Third]

Twilight stared.

She thought that she had a very solid grasp of the world. She thought that there was nothing that her grand acumen wouldn't let her solve. In some of her darker dreams, where she had feathers of many hue and familiars of bipedal birds led the masses of her followers, she even thought that there was no knowledge she couldn't wrest from an uncaring universe.

And yet, here she stood, stumped.

Derpy walked past her with a gooey smile, trying desperately to chew and swallow her chocolaty treat. The Crusaders swept the bits left into their till, waving another pony forward. After an exchange of bits, Roseluck walked away with a steaming cup of tea.

Twilight's eye twitched, rereading the wooden sign nailed over a short, wide box.

Snack Stop! S'mores for five bits, Fresh Herb Tea for three! Need a cup? Borrow one of ours for two bits, to be reimbursed upon cup's return!

Her gaze tracked over the counter top and grass behind the stall. No teapot hidden behind the till, no fire or grill to make the s'mores. Yet they only needed to run for more marshmallows once. Obviously, their equipment was in the counter itself, but then a new question needed to be answered.

The booth sat on the side of the road, with no generator attached, and no cords snaking to the non-existent outlets. So how were they powering everything?

"Miss Twilight?" Apple Bloom asked. "You've been standin' there for a while now? We only have two thin's, so..." She shifted on her stool. "Would you like to order?"

Defeated, the lavender mare hung her head. "How?"

"Like you do everywhere else?" Scootaloo asked.

"No," Twilight shook her head, "I mean, how are you doing all of this?"

The Crusaders shared a glance, before looking under the counter. "Tea, please." Sweetie requested the air, before popping back up with a cup in hoof. She held it out to Twilight. "Here, this one's on us."

"That's just it!" Twilight stressed, accepting the cup in her magic. "How are you doing this? Any equipment you could use needs power of some sort, and Sweetie's obviously not supplying it." She took a sip, scrunching her muzzle from the unexpectedly bitter taste. "This is surprisingly good tea." She muttered before continuing to the mares in front of her. "You obviously are not conjuring everything, everything tastes normal, and I've seen you run for supplies." Another sip. "You are not using a fire, otherwise the stand would've burned down by now, yet you seem to be sell perfect campfire s'mores... And this is really good tea."

She looked into the cup. "I mean, wow, its very calming. I don't recognize the leaves you used, though."

Apple Bloom smirked and held a hoof out to the other two. "Pay up, girls!"

"And I honestly thought she didn't know what to get." Scootaloo groused.

Sweetie sighed, waving Twilight to the back side of the booth. "I would've thought that she'd figure it out with the tea..."

Twilight blinked, taking another sip of her tea.

Villhiem, Lulu, and Zann blinked back. With a shared shrug, Villhiem tore a small chunk off his tail, placing it into a teapot Lulu proceeded to fill with boiling water. Zann just fired a s'more to eat.

Author's Note:

I have been waiting forever to be able to write this chapter!

Now to type the Glace-:twilightsmile:....

.... FU-!

PreviousChapters Next