• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,562 Views, 4,542 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,542
 17,562

PreviousChapters Next
The Other.

Dying felt as if I had just come back from zoning out for a while. The snowscape around me suddenly snapped back into focus. It was odd, though. I didn't see any of the ice spires my Frost Fall had made, nor was there a death squad of Sableye waiting for me.

Instead, there was a frosted rocky shoreline outlining the nearest parts of a glacial lake. The snow around that deepened very quickly, until only the top third of the scraggly pine trees in the distance were uncovered. And I could barely see those trees through the ice fog.

"So..." I looked around. "Ninth Circle, then? Let me guess, I betrayed my humanity?" I gave a mirthless chuckle. "You'd think that I'd be in the Seventh, but no, here I am-!" I flinched as what sounded like a gunshot boomed out. I whipped my head around until I spotted a tree that had exploded from the cold, the ice fog started to creep back towards it. I frowned in thought. "It's odd though." I mused aloud for a lack of anything else to do. "I don't feel cold..."

I hopped to my feet and began to stretch. "Welp! I guess I should look around before whoever runs this place decides to freeze me here." A soft crackle started up from out on the still waters, obscured by the mist. "Or I guess I should just think of a cool pose instead."

"..." A soft voice echoed out from the mist, audible over the suddenly much louder cracking.

I watched as the water rapidly froze into foot thick sheets of ice. I had to quickly make multiple hops back from the expanding ice sheet, until I was standing in belly deep snow. "Look, just because I deserve that, doesn't mean I'm ready to be an Eevee-sicle just yet!"

"..." I looked up to see a very disturbing sight. It looked like someone had taken a large husky, tripled its size, shaved the vast majority of its fur off, and gave it an extra couple sets of legs for good measure.

I gulped. Although I could see that it had no teeth nor claws, the black fur around its paws and muzzle were frozen into wicked replacements. Other than those patches, it was completely hairless, its taut muscles clearly visible underneath its chapped skin.

"...?" I jumped as it addressed me again. "..." It sighed out a foggy breath, freezing an icy incline out of the very air. It lounged against it and waved a forepaw at the ground in front of me. "..."

"Erm..." I looked around me before shoveling the snow in front of me until I had packed down a cushion to lie on. "So, uh, when you said "us", did you mean other... whatever-you-are's?"

"..." It stretched a hind leg out. "..."

"And, uh," I nervously scratched behind my ear, "what do I call you, then?"

"...," It yawned, "..."

"Well, then..." A faint memory started to niggle at the back of my mind. An old obscure myth, that this being's form reminded of. "That's it! I'll call you Qiqirn. Less of a mouthful, more personable than Other." I gave... it? Him? I gave them a nervous smile. "Th-that's okay, right?"

"..." They chuckled. "..."

"So long as they didn't call you late for dinner!" We both chuckled, although mine were slightly more hysterical. "Arceus, I wouldn't be joking around if I wasn't already dead!" I muttered.

"..." I flinched with a squeak. "..." They sighed. "...!" They leaned back and crossed their front paws. "...?"

I stared at them, then looked around the winter landscape around us. I observed my misting breath, even though I couldn't feel the chill. "I'm evolving?" They nodded with a chuckle. "Is... is it too late to ask you to send me over to the Flying type zone?"

They tilted their head back and roared. I flinched back into myself, ears folded and eyes screwed shut. It was only after listening to their roar echoing off the tundra for a little while that I realized that they were laughing. Eventually, they calmed down enough to talk again.

"..." Their face softened. "..."

I sighed in disappointment. "Alright. I'll try to make the best use out of all of this, but I'm going to sulk while I'm here and have the time."

"..."

If they truly know everything, maybe... I chewed my lip in thought. "Do you know what's wrong with our eggs?"

"..."

"That bastard!"

"..." They sighed. "..."

"And what of the Claw?" I scowled. "Is he behind that too?" I got a rueful chuckle in response. "What?"

"...!" They ground their gums together. "..." They leaned forward. "..."

"So he didn't just choose us?" I growled, hackles twitching. "Why didn't he just-?!"

"..." Qiqirn sighed. "..."

"Well, that sucks." I pouted, before tilting my head. "Why do you call people by titles instead of names?"

"..." They shuffled a little with a chuckle. "..."

"Oh. Do you know mine?"

They waved a paw. "..."

I shrugged. "I'll take it."

"...?"

"Did anyone else get pulled here, other than Luke?"

They fondly smiled. "..."

"Really?" My tail started to thump into the snow behind me. "Who?"

"..."

"Awww." My pout returned. "This is going to be one of those weird dream things where I'm going to forget everything when I "wake up", isn't it?"

"..." They folded their front most legs over their barrel. "...?"

I place a paw against my chin. "Why did Luke and the others get pulled in?”

“...” They chuckled again. “...” They waited a brief moment to see if I would speak up. “...?”

“Yeah…” I thought a little more. “Yeah, that should be all.”

"..." They stood, frost growing and flaking from their skin. Their eyes glowed a pale blue, and their voice gained a reverb. "..." Three motes of light were pulled from my chest. I watched as my fur lost all colour.

Qiqirn cupped the motes of light with their front paws and breathed out an intense cold. Hoarfrost grew on the ground beneath them, and trees exploded in the distance. Once they stopped, a single pale blue crystal floated between their paws. "..." The crystal floated back to me, and embedded itself in my soul.

Though I felt no pain, I could feel all of the changes happening to me. As I grew, I shed my greyed out brown and tan fur and light cyan fur grew in its place. I already knew that the darker blue diamond patterns were fading onto my back and the end of my tail. I also gained socks in the same colour. My ears became more angular, the thicker fur making them appear slimmer. My tail flattened, broadening at the tip. The strangest feeling was the crest and fleshy flaps growing from my brow.

I looked over myself before sheepishly looking up at Qiqirn. "Do you have a mirror, or, er, another such reflective surface?"

Their eyes had returned to normal. They gave me a fatherly smile. "..."

I nodded, and focused on my mana. It felt different than it did before. Colder, stiller, but more... complete. I pulled it up through my throat and breathed out a mist. Where it touched, it built up a slab of smooth ice. I gave myself a proper inspection with my reflection.

Satisfied, I turned to Qiqirn and bowed. "Thank you. I will use your gift to the best of my ability. I will make you proud." The world started to crack and glow into a brilliant light.

"..."


[Third]

Rainbow crossed the barrier around the Empire and dropped Shining onto the grass. She didn't land so much as stumble from the air. Something was different, something was off. She couldn't tell what it was and was distracted from recovering from their run. She turned, staring out into the snowy expanse.

"Rainbow! Ya gotta take a look at this!"

"Not right now, Pinkie." Rainbow called back over her shoulder.

"But-!"

"I gotta know that she's okay!" The prismatic mare returned to looking for her Eevee, breath misting as she worriedly scanned the snow. "C'mon, Leo..." She muttered to herself.


Several thousand miles away, a crack boomed out from the gardens around the Canterlot palace. Though the guards searched for hours, they still missed the long crack hidden under the rose vines growing on Discord's statue and the fountain he was decorating.

Author's Note:

I was thinking about leaving this one for next week, but it got through editing at the same time as the other one, and I didn't want to be too cruel...

So you get this today!

As always, Read, Review, and Enjoy!

PreviousChapters Next