• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,478 Views, 4,521 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,521
 17,478

PreviousChapters Next
Gort!

A few days had past since the six mares returned from their trip, and boy, Luna wasn't kidding about my sleep schedule. Just like the last few mornings, I stumbled my way into the bathroom before I had even begun the laborious task of opening my eyes. They weren't fully open until I was midway down the stairs.

With a jaw cracking yawn, I staggered into the kitchen. Rainbow was slumped over a bowl at the table, staring blankly into her cereal's milky depths. A rolled up scroll lay beside her. I plodded my way over to the bowl placed for me under the table.

I snapped awake, pulling my snout from the fish and berry mixture, as Rainbow tied the scroll tube to my back.

"Can you please take this to Spike, I need him to send this for me." She requested with a yawn of her own.

I nodded, scarfing down what I could before hopping out the door. By the time I had jumped down the cloud steps, I had fully woken up. I broke into a sprint, quickly passing through the market.

<<Morning Leo!>> Cy chirped as he jogged up beside me. <<Carrying a message?>>

<<Yeah.>> I stifled another yawn. <<Got something for Spike. I'll hit up the library, then we can go.>>

<<I'm taking the day off from that.>> Cy shrugged. <<A couple actually. Nurse's orders. Lucky you, you get some time to yourself. Applejack needs me for something, anyways.>>

I grunted something along the lines of an affirmation. I neared one of our tunnels as the yellow canine went his own way. I quickly crawled my way into the library's basement. Stepping around the equipment left down there, I blurred my way up the stairs, stopping when I hit the door.

Rubbing my head, I glared up at the round door knob. With a growl, I began to scrabble against the door, attempting to jump up to the handle. Someone must've heard me, as the door was slammed open in the middle of a jump. I had to wait until the door was moved before I could drop from where I had been pinned.

"Oh, sorry Leo." Spike rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I thought you were a little further from the door." I shot him a mild glare before shaking the tube at him. "Oh, something for me?"

I butted my head against him, waiting for him to take the tube. Once it was replaced, I turned and walked back down the stairs. I waved my tail at the drake as the sound of burning parchment briefly crackled behind me. I ducked down a random tunnel, thoughts running through my head. "So, what are you going to do with your new found spare time?"

Rainbow won't need my weather moves for a few days, when they need that massive storm. I sat outside the bush I had came up in, eyes closed in contemplation. If Applejack needs the Duo for something, then I don't want to bug them and get in the way. They're definitely doing farm work right now, anyways. Conner's stuck with Fluttershy and Angel in the Everfree, I think they're tagging along with Zecora. Don't want to wake Abes up, Yomega's just going to make me work, and I'd just be in the way at Lulu's. Villhiem's sleeping outside the schoolhouse. While I'd like to spend some time with Mr. Bedwyr, I'm too tired for Crusader shenanigans.

"That just leaves Zann."

Eeyup. He's in the closet right now. I think I will meander past the site to see how it's coming along... I nodded my head, and opened my eyes. A mint muzzle with a crazed grin greeted me. I jumped back into the bush, poking my head out to look for Lyra's saner half. <<Can, um, can I help you?>>

Lyra's smile slipped slightly, but she rallied herself. She cleared her throat, held up a piece of paper, and spoke. "Vee ee Eevee veevee." She locked eyes with me as her manic grin gained an expectant quality.

Oddly enough, I could have sworn I heard "Tax reforms, toaster oven, potato" under her words. I carefully leaned out from the bush, watching her smile grow. Then, in a blur of movement, I snatched the paper from her and bolted from the bush.

"HEY! Those are my notes!"

<<Make more!>> I fired back as I rounded a corner, ducking under Bon Bon's legs. I hopped behind a barrel as Lyra ran into her irate partner.

"There you are!"

"Bon Bon! Hi!" Lyra gave a nervous smile.

The secret agent frowned. "Don't "Bon Bon, hi" me! You said we were going to have lunch together, and where do I find you? Harassing the Eevees again! And what's this about notes?"

"Oh, geez, I thought I still had some time before we were to meet up." Lyra's smile fell. "I was hoping to test one of the word sequences before then. That's what the notes were."

"What were you trying to say?" Bon Bon sighed.

"Hello, my name is Lyra." She shrugged. "But then Leo took my paper, which had the other sequences I was going to try."

"You spent all week on those, right?" Bon Bon wrapped a hoof around the mint colored unicorn. "Come on, let's just eat, then we can work on those sequences later tonight. Sound good?"

"Yeah..." Lyra dejectedly allowed herself to be pulled away.

I shifted the paper until I could stare at it cross eyed. Now I just feel like an asshole...

"So, what are ya going to do about it?"

Something smart. I stepped out from behind the barrel and ran up to the mares. I bolted around them and sat down, blocking their path. I placed the paper on the ground in front of Lyra. With a solemn face, I spoke. <<Klaatu barada nikto!>>

"You just couldn't resist. I'm so proud...."

"You're giving it back?" Lyra asked. I nodded. "Oh, thank you!" She jumped forward and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"Um, Lyra?"

<<Can't breathe!>>

"Yes, Bon Bon?"

The cream mare pointed to the paper floating in the breeze. "It's getting away."

".... Horseapples!"

I landed on my rear as the two mares chased after Lyra's notes. Shaking my head, I turned and made my way over to the burnt lot that had been infested with contractors and inspectors. I sat at the edge of the lot, watching Mrs. Cake talking with the forestallion as they went over the final needed details of the new bakery. From what I'd gathered from the weather schedule, they were going to do a very simple ground breaking ceremony tomorrow morning, then get started on rebuilding Sugarcube. They would need Rainbow's crew to hold off on rain so that the foundation could set properly.

Which would cause a mini drought, so I will need to dance in about a week. I smiled, seeing Pinkie's stall at the closest entrance to the market square. She calls it her Mini-Kery, and I hope the Cakes would let her keep it in some fashion.

With a smile and a yawn, I left to join Zann in his closet.


I gave the wardrobe door a hard knock before pushing it open. "Zann? You here?" I called out, not getting an answer. "Zann?" I stepped further into the dim room. I paused in front of a slightly charred desk and board covered with paper. It seemed the Canada Arm sketches had found their way here. Mixed among them were drawings of skeletal arms and legs of various canines, almost all of which were crossed out in red ink.

Please be red ink. I thought, noting a piece of metal with something burnt black attached to it. "Zann?" I nervously called as I moved away from the desk. I jumped when I heard a fwooshing noise coming from the foundry. I crept forward on faltering paws. I looked around a power hammer, finally spotting Zann at the foundry. As I got closer, I could hear faint cackling as he pulled something red hot out of the heat with is mouth. He plunked it in a bucket of water, watching with a madcap grin as the water bubbled and boiled.

"Dear god, Zann!" I cried as I rushed to his side. "Can you still open your mouth?! does anything hurt?! We need to get you to Conner right away!"

Reaching out, Zann picked me up by the ruffle of fur on the back of my neck and placed me on the far side of the water bucket. "Relax. I'm fine." Dipping his snout into the bucket, he came up with the now tempered metal. He carried it around to an odd sculpture and carefully clamped it in place. He glanced back at me. "I can't be burnt anymore. You might want to look away for a sec." I closed my eyes, and listened to him inhale a deep breath, before what sounded like a tiger torch filled the room.

When the noise died down, I looked to see that he had welded the metal to the sculpture. "What do you mean by not getting burnt?"

"Just that." Zann smiled, absently moving parts of the odd art. "I'm a fire type, so hot temperatures don't bug me. Hell, dipping my muzzle into the bucket there stung more than pulling this out of the foundry."

I stepped closer to the art piece. "What is this supposed to be, anyways. Something you're going to donate to the new bakery?"

"Nope." Zann smiled. "When I evolved, I was disappointed that I didn't get my leg back. So I figured, if I'm not going to regrow one, I'll make one. I think I've got it solved this time. Just need to wait for Conner to get back from his forest picnic, and I can try this one on." One of his ears twitched before a hind leg kicked out. "Huh, Rainbow's looking for ya. You should go see her."

"Sure, sure." I sighed, making my way out of the wardrobe. It wasn't until the sunlight hit my face that I paused. Wait... If he wants to try on a prosthetic, why would he need Conner? I didn't see any straps, so he should be asking for Lulu instead...

PreviousChapters Next