• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,499 Views, 4,527 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,527
 17,499

PreviousChapters Next
Dark Specialty.

[Abes]

A week after Sugarcube burnt down, I sat outside the cordoned off lot, sadly staring at the tragic husk the building had become. Nopony had come forward, whether to confess or give a statement. We had run down every lead we could, but every trail petered out into rabbit trails and dead ends.

True to Merry's word, Mayor Mare had seen to the Crusaders hearing as soon as she was able, dropping all charges for their contribution to putting out the fire. All three fillies were currently holding their Cute-ceañera or whatever it was called. I honestly couldn't care less, and what little caring I did have was for the churning it gave my stomach.

I wanted to be there, I really did, but it made me physically ill.

My musings were interrupted when a familiar presence brushed against my mind.

Mind's open.

Evening, my friend. I come bearing news.

Is it the good kind, Luna?

Yes and no... I heard Luna mentally sigh. I believe that I have found the culprits of the arson.

I sense a but...

But I can't send any guards to make an arrest.

Bullshit! I snarled, my rings glowing brightly under the moonlight.

Sadly, it's true. We are no longer able to make arrests under suspicion with my dream-walking as evidence.

Why not?!

Do you know how many dreams We have overseen in which the pony believes themselves guilty of a crime they committed only a dream prior?

Charred beams threw themselves around within the cordoned area. They stopped when my tail stopped lashing. So, what makes you think that you found the culprits?

This is the fourth night in a row that they've had this same dream. Now, I have tried to convince the ringleader into turning herself in, but she stubbornly refuses to.

I cocked my head. Why?

She is more afraid of the punishments her mind conjures than she is of the very real consequences of burying her guilt. And her partner is more afraid of what her leader would do to her if she came forth. I will admit to being at a loss of what to do....

I growled, eyes focusing a glare at an exposed timber. I almost expected it to reignite from my anger alone. Send me in.

What?

Send. Me. In. My tail started lashing again. We've gone dream-walking enough for me to know what I'm doing.

Very well. Whose dream shall you enter?

Give me the lackey.

Prepare yourself. Transferring in three... Two...


[Third]
One.

A large filly's room expanded into existence around a light grey filly with an almost silver grey mane and tail. Though it looked like her own bedroom, everything felt off. Slipping her glasses on, Silver Spoon tried to peer into the shadows, hoping to spot the oddities.

Then it clicked.

Everything was subtly warped, slightly stretched out of proportion in some slight way. Some shadows didn't seem to match the object casting them, others seemed to change whenever she looked away. Calming drapes hung torn and tattered, fluttering in a breeze from the open, cracked window as if they were reaching for the small filly. Toys and dolls that once seamed so familiar now seemed to eerily follow her every move. A large stuffed red fox with a hook paw and an eye-patch leaned against her closet door, looking over her other toys like a general marshaling her army.

But the biggest change was to the bed and room itself. Both were far larger then they should've been.

Silver jumped as something creaked out in the hall. She only caught a twin flicker of red move rapidly away from the door. With a gulp, she scanned the room again, pulling the covers up higher in the vain hope they would protect her. She froze.

The fox was glaring at her. Its single eye held a soulless hunger as sharpened teeth jutted from it's now open mouth. Silver pulled the covers over her head with a strangled whimper. She waited for the thing to rip through her flimsy defense to tear into the vulnerable foal underneath.

When said tearing didn't happen, she chanced a look out from her shelter. The fox had returned to normal.

She jumped again when her bedroom door creaked slowly open. "Sil~ver..." A soft voice whispered. "I know what you've done... I know where you are..." It singsonged in its harsh whisper. "I can smell your fear..." A sniffing noise rebounded through the room. "It smells so swe~et..." Its final word echoed around the room. Silver's eyes darted around, trying to track the being tormenting her. The voice led her gaze to the open door, and the twin burning red eyes piercing out from the doorway. White fangs glowed as the thing continued to speak with sadistic glee. "There you are~."

"W-what d-do you w-want?" Silver whimpered.

"Justice..." It hissed, golden rings flaring to life as a demonic black canine stalked into the room. "Justice for a family almost lost... Justice for a home destroyed... Justice for lives torn asunder."

"B-but nopony died in the fire!" Silver wailed. Her eyes widened as she clamped her hooves over her mouth.

The thing smiled the smile of the demented. "I never mentioned a fire." It laughed, sending shivers of fear running up and down Silver's spine. "I know what you fear." It giggled, stepping slowly toward's her bed. "You fear the anger of the one you call a 'friend'. You fear the righteous wrath the adults will bring down onto both of your heads if you come forth with your guilt. You fear the loss of what little respect you have amongst the children you and Diamond," it spat the word out like it was poison, "believe yourselves above. But, I can assure you..." It disappeared from view as the bed's hoofboard got in the way.

"I am so much worse." The voice roared in rage right next to the filly's ear.

With a shriek, Silver dove back under her blankets. Her breathing came in short, sharp gasps, her eyes scrunched tightly shut. "It's just a dream, it's just a dream, it's just a dream." She repeated, over and over, listening for any sound of The Beast outside her blankets.

She froze when she heard the growling, a golden glow bleeding through her eyelids. Unbidden, her eyes slammed open. Barely inches from her face, The Beast's red eyes burned into her own. "THIS IS NO DREAM!!" It roared, before lunging forward to devour the filly.


With a scream of terror, Silver thrashed awake, flinging her blankets across the room. Thundering hoofsteps pounded down the hall as her parents ran to her rescue. They found Silver shivering in a tight ball, tears staining the mattress, listening to the tail end of a voice only she could hear.

"Confess, or feel our pain."

I can't- Silver thought. I'm scared-

"Scared of what? Diamond? Fuck her! Do what's right!"

Silver's parents had climbed onto the bed, holding their precious filly close. Her mother stroked Silver's mane, murmuring assurances to dispel the nightmare. Gradually, the shivering stopped.

"Mom, Dad?" Silver hoarsely whispered through her tears. "I-I need to tell you something...."


It's done. Luna returned Abes to his original place by the burnt debris. She herself exited the dream realm in the Canterlot Gardens. She sighed, before looking around the garden path.

I'll have to talk to him about his... Methods later. She vowed, listening to the soothing fountain next to her. Before she left to the palace proper, she gave the fountain's statue a disdainful glance, missing the twin cracks on it's outstretched paw.

PreviousChapters Next