• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,497 Views, 4,526 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,526
 17,497

PreviousChapters Next
Stopgap Measures.

I spent an hour weeping. I wept my stress and pain away, soaking the shoulders of Lulu and Villhiem. Through my tears, I could see Abes' ears twitching as he listened to a voice only he could hear. With a slight nod, he waited for my waterworks to stop.

Once I had simmered down to sniffles, he leaned in and placed his forehead against mine. "Are you okay for now?" He murmured.

"No." I whined. "What if I start to make my nightmare a reality? What if I'm some sort of harbinger of doom? I don't want to hurt anyone!"

"Look at me!" Abes commanded, paws holding my face to his. "You are not going to hurt anybody. Last I checked, you weren't white with a dark horn. You're going to get through this, but right now, I need you to calm down, okay." His eyes locked onto mine, keeping me focused on him. "Take deep breaths, okay? Breath in, breath out. In, and out. There ya go." He smiled, letting go of my muzzle. "Don't worry about tomorrow, let us focus on tonight. I just spent the last while talking to Luna, and she's coming here to help. I give her..."

A soft tapping came from the window, before it was encased by a deep azure blue aura. It was cracked open slightly before the aura faded. A cloud of midnight blue flowed through the opening. We all watched in awe as the cloud formed into a very solid alicorn.

Princess Luna had arrived.

<<Oh, abouts now.>> Abes finished smugly. He turned to the Princess. <<I haven't yet told her the plan. She's been fairly distraught over this whole thing.>>

"I understand." Luna gave me a sad smile. "I am sorry I have not yet located your dreams, and I shall endeavor to do so. However, I do not know how long that may take, and this is obviously affecting your mental health."

<<This is not a permanent solution, but it should help mitigate the effects of whatever is going on.>> Abes spoke up.

Luna nodded to him. "That is the hope." She lay in front of me. "Leo, before you agree to anything, there is something I must stress. Dreams and nightmares are to be worked through. For all the pain they may cause, ponies, erm, creatures grow stronger for them. As such, I can not just remove the ability for you to dream. And yet, very rarely do they persist as this one has. This could mean one of two things, neither of which are good.

"The first, and preferred, is that this dream is representative of a major negative facet of your own persona. Which facet, I will need to find the dream to be certain. Only then can we begin to help you come to terms with it."

<<You mean treat it, don't you?>> I scowled.

Luna looked to Abes, waiting for him to translate. "Only if it is detrimental to you as a being. I assure you, that is very rare in this modern age. Many perceived negativities can be highly beneficial to beings. Dragon Greed is a prime example." We all gave her odd looks. "Imagine the fierce protectiveness they can bring to bear when what, or even who, they care about is threatened. There is noplace safer than a dragon's hoard." She smiled. "It takes many years for a dragon to reach this point in their lives, but some stop hoarding material wealth. They may instead hoard friends, family. Lady Tiamat hoards knowledge, and it is because of her that we still have records from before the Time of Discord's Reign."

With a sigh, Luna shook her head. "But I fear we have gotten distracted. As I have stated, there is a second meaning your reoccurring dream could have. It is very rare, and very dangerous." She looked me dead in the eyes and held my gaze. "This could be a nascent Tulpa attempting to fully come into existence. Judging from the dreamed events Abes has described to me, it will be very powerful and very malevolent if it does so. If it is, I dare not risk cutting you off from the dream realm, else it will jump to another to continue its growth."

<<Sounds very disconcerting.>> I frowned. <<What's a Tulpa?>>

Again, Abes needed to translate before Luna responded. "It is a being of thought and emotion made manifest. The last one to walk Equis was never truly defeated, only bound to a dark artifact that has in turn been sealed away in a magicless realm. Unless the artifact it is bound to is brought back here, its faceless gaze and coat of black will never again trouble us." With a shudder, she refocused on us.

<<So, you can't remove me from the dream realm, and you don't know when you can find my dream.>> I looked mournfully at my paws. <<And, by the sounds of it, there is a, albeit slim, possibility that I'm carrying the next apocalypse around in my head. Which may or may not pop out before you can locate my dream to stop it.>> I looked up at Luna, and growled. <<None of this sounds like a solution.>>

Lulu smacked a paw over my head. <<Play nice, she's trying to help!>>

"I understand you meant no offence, little one." Luna used her magic to rub behind my ears, soothing my frayed nerves. "There is an enchantment I can place on you. It will not stop you from having these dreams, but it will stop you from remembering them the morning after, which is when a Tulpa can draw the most nourishment. Unfortunately, this will not stop it from growing, but it will severely stunt its growth. That is assuming the very unlikely worst case scenario.

"This enchantment does come with a few side effects, however. You will not be able to remember any dream, good or bad, nor will you be able to receive a full night's rest. Expect either an increase in, as my sister would say, crankiness, or to be sleeping more. The enchantment will also make you a very light sleeper." A form appeared between us. "Because this is mental magic, I will need to receive your express permission to do this. I will also need your written signature, as well as those of all witnesses." A quill floated next to the parchment, ink pooling at its tip.

I carefully grabbed it in my paw, and, using my wrist to make the fine movements I had lost from my lack of fingers, I signed my name. It was a poor copy of what it used to be, but it was still mine.

Lulu signed next, turning her wrist into liquid to have her's flow better, while Villhiem extended a vine to write his. Lucky Abes got to use his Telekinesis. Once we had all signed, Luna took the form and signed it herself, as well as noting whose squiggles were whose. With a small snap, the form vanished.

I felt her magic run across my collar. I figured she was checking for any other enchantments on me that might interfere with what she needed to do. With a satisfied nod, she began.

Using her horn, she traced a circle of silver light into the air. With careful, precise movements, she deftly placed very fine lines of writing within the circle. With the small size, it looked like a spider's web had formed within the circle by the time she had moved on to the next step. In three columns coming from the circle's bottom, she wrote a series of thicker runes. With a sigh, she paused to inspect her work.

Her eyes shifted to look at the others. "Hold her down." She commanded.

<<Hehe.>> I nervously chuckled. <<W-what?>> Vines burst from the floor, binding me tightly. I felt a pressure on my back as Lulu forced me to the ground. Finally, in a triple redundancy, Abes' aura prevented even my tail from twitching. <<I-is this really necessary?>> I asked, fear creeping into my voice.

"I apologize in advance. This is going to hurt." She levitated a small bundle of cloth and jammed it into my mouth. She looked at Abes. "Hold her mouth shut, please."

As I felt his mental might clamp down on my muzzle as Luna cleared a space of any interference between my ears. She gently lowered the glyph to my head. I began trying to thrash against my bindings as agony lanced through my nervous system.

Eyes wide, I tried to focus on anything past the pain. I caught an image of a ghostly rainbow mane. I locked eyes with the worried magenta ones peering over Luna's shoulder. I still felt the pain, but my struggles ceased.

<<How much longer will this take?>> I barely heard Lulu ask.

<<What is she staring at?>> Abes asked after passing Lulu's question on.

"Not much longer now." Luna tersely answered. "She is likely seeing an image of those most important to her. It's a side effect of the spell. It will go away momentarily."

It was over in an eternity. I lay panting on the floor as everyone released me.

"It is done." Luna sighed. "Again, I am sorry about the pain, but what I have just done was to effectively brand the glyph onto your psyche. This glyph will remain until I, and only I, remove it."

<<Is that why it disappeared after it sunk into her fur?>> Villhiem asked while I attempted to give the princess a thumps up.

"It has not truly vanished," Luna answered once Abes relayed the inquiry, "if you look closely, you can see faint silver lines in her fur."

I staggered to my paws, and stumbled my way to the door. <<Mirror, mirror.>> After a few minutes of not reaching the door, I looked down to see I had been picked up by someone's telekinetic grasp. <<I hate psychic types.>>

Luna carried me back over to the group, a standing mirror fading into existence. Sure enough, I could see a smaller scale version of the glyph tracing through my fur. It was so faint, I would've missed it if I hadn't known what to look for.

With a tearful smile, I turned and glomped the Princess of the Night. <<Thank you...>> I wept into her fur.


[Third]

As a Princess vainly tried to dislodge an affectionate furry growth, a rainbow maned pegasus painfully rolled from her bunk. The sleeper car rocked with the train's motion as she gently woke the only other winged pony there.

"Hey, Fluttershy?" Rainbow groaned as her friend awoke. "Did you bring any painkillers? I just woke up with this massive headache, and I want to be on my best game tomorrow when we reach Dodge."

With a nod, Fluttershy reached for her carry on. When did she get silver hairs? She passed a pill bottle to Rainbow. No, it's probably the moonlight playing tricks on me.

Author's Note:

Alt script: "Take deep breaths, okay. Breath in, breath out. In, and out." I focused on his repeated words, the rising panic falling away with each breath. He continued. "In, and out. In, and out. In, and in, and in, and in..."

His words grew foggy as I continued to breath in. In one explosive exhale, I collapsed into unconsciousness.

"That should let her sleep for a bit." Abes nodded as they carried me back to bed.


We also have a new side story, by Tohshi. Check it out here.

Alrighty now, Read, Review, and Enjoy!

PreviousChapters Next