• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,481 Views, 4,522 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,522
 17,481

PreviousChapters Next
"Do Not Think of How It Works. Just Do It."

The next day, Applejack had left for her competition, and I was in a tree at the Training Clearing, as Zann put it. I held a borrowed piece of scrap metal over the edge of my branch, keeping an eye on the Flareon across the clearing from me. He gave me the signal.

I let go, watching Cy bolt from his place by Zann as he tore across the grass. I could see faint flecks of energy jumping from his paws to the clods of dirt kicked up in his passing. I heard the scrap metal hit the dirt before Cy could reach it. The Jolteon stumbled to a stop under my branch.

"Still too slow." I commented from my perch. "In fact, I think you slowed down since yesterday."

"What's th' point o' tryin' ta catch a hunk o' metal?" Cy gasped from his place.

"You want to learn how to unlock an Extreme Speed?" I nodded to Zann. He tossed another piece of scrap into the air. I blurred from my place in the tree, snagging it out of the air. Before I could properly drop out of my move, I targeted the branch I had dropped from and raced back to my spot. I had to bull my way through the air trying to catch up with my first attack, but, since it was a familiar resistance, I barely stumbled. Once the world caught back up to me, I dropped the chunk of metal onto the tired evolved form. "There's your threshold. Now go take that back to Zann." I had to speak up over the clashing wind currents.

With a roll of his eyes, Cy picked himself up and made his way back to Zann. Unable to resist antagonizing him further, I blurred up behind him, jabbed my paw into a pressure point in his hind leg, then blurred back to grab the scrap before retaking my spot. I looked back at Cy at his pained shout. He shot me a glare before hobbling back to Zann.

I waited for him to be able to move properly again. I waved my paw at Zann to show that I was ready to go again. Another tail waved signal, and another race against gravity. One the yellow canine lost again. Frustrated, Cy kicked the tree.

"Perfect." I hid a machiavellian grin. On to the next stage, then... I knocked a twig onto the irate dog. "Are you even trying?" I boredly asked.

"What's the point of this?!" He snapped up at me. "How does catching a falling anything help me?"

"Your cup-eth runneth over-eth." I mocked.

Cy snarled up at me. "And what do you mean by that!?"

"Come up here and find out!" I challenged, hopping to a higher branch.

"You know we can't climb trees!"

"And yet, I'm up here." I laughed. "Such a useful move, Extreme Speed..."

"Ragh!" Cy Headbutted the tree. I was able to hold onto my branch as Cy was pelted by the hard apples and loose branches he had knocked free.

My condescending laughter floated after the barrage. "That won't work~."

"SHUT UP!"

"Come up here and make me!" Cy began jumping up against the tree in rage. I kept tossing things down onto him, goading him on. "You gotta Extreme Speed your way up here."

"FUCKING HOW?!"

I snorted, lobbing another apple at him. "Do not think of how it works. Just do it." I shrugged, looking for another thing to toss at him. "It's that simple. Don't know why you have such a hard time with it." I kicked a branch loose.

It bounced off Cy's snout. Looking in his eyes, I thought I saw something snap. You think we went a little too far?

"Not at all, no." Cy blurred up to the lowest branch. "See, he figured it out."

"I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!!"

"You might want to start climbing..." I blurred to a further branch, keeping an eye on the enraged Jolteon behind me. I watched as he tracked my movement, pure murder in his eyes. I stopped long enough to see him land, then burst after me.

I leapt from the tree. Kicking off the trunk, I ran out into the clearing. Chancing a look over my shoulder, I saw Cy keeping pace behind me. Huh, rage learnt Extreme Speed. I arced around Zann, Cy cutting the corner to pass the Flareon's other side. A~nd he's targeting me. That's bad. I booked it from the farm. There was only one thing that could save me. I just had to get there first.

I could hear his footfalls getting closer. Leveraging my superior experience, I began weaving through the trees. Whenever it felt like he was getting too close, I would juke to one side, leading Cy on a merry chase. My laughter was lost to the wind.

Soon, we were thundering down the road. I wove my way through the road side fence while Cy repeatedly jumped over it to stay on my ass. With a final swerve and a leap, I climbed my way up Rainbow's cloud steps.

Once I was a couple clouds high, I stopped, looking down at the thundering ball of electric rage below me.

"CHEATER!" He yelled up at me. "GET BACK DOWN HERE SO I CAN KICK YOUR ASS!"

"Hey, dumbass." I called back. "Look at where we are!"

"SO WE'RE AT RAINBOW'S! I DON'T CA-" I could see the words slowly registering. "... When did we get here?"

"You don't remember?" I smiled down at him, hopping down from cloud to cloud. "We just ran here."

"But we were just at the farm...?" He pointed over his shoulder.

I nodded, placing a paw on him. "Such a useful move, Extreme Speed..." I led the way back to the farm. "Now we just got to get you doing that on command, then you can try adding electricity to it."

Cy sighed. "You planned this from the beginning, didn't you...?"

"I am capable of thinking ahead as I do things." I complained. "Why is everyone so surprised by that?"

"One of these days," Cy warned, "you're going to find yourself in a situation where you can't act before thinking. What will you do then?"

I shrugged. "Eh, I'll think of something."

PreviousChapters Next