• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,606 Views, 4,549 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,549
 17,606

PreviousChapters Next
Nimbus! ... Nimbus?

The world seemed to slow around me, as if I had used my Extreme Speed, as my rear paws left the bark. I could see Rainbow pushing herself, but I wasn't sure if she'd catch me in time. I could feel the wind from the tree I had left pulling me down. I could see a couple of dirt clods my Solar Flare had knocked up begin to fall as gravity reasserted its control. My heart thundered in my ears.

I wasn't sure if I was evolving or if it was just the adrenaline.

Wait... Something's wrong. I squinted. Rainbow was a little lower just a millisecond ago... My eyes widened as the world sped up again. I managed to make eye contact with Rainbow, our eyes mirroring the others' terror. <<Rainboo~ow!!>>

And then I was back below the tree tops. I angled myself to land in the nearest tree, hopping to use everything I had learned from my Extreme Speed climbing. Unfortunately, the falling tree toppled into the one I wanted to land in, knocking it off angle. I slammed my shoulder into the trunk, feeling something give before white hot pain seared from my right shoulder. I saw the tree rotate away from me, my right front paw limply trailing behind me.

Then the rest of the branches came into view.

I saw and felt the first four.

I do not remember the rest.


"Beep." I twitched.

"Beep." I tried to open my eyes, but couldn't summon up enough effort.

"Beep." I finally managed to crack an eye open, but had to slam it shut from the pain the bright lights caused.

"Beep."

Could you not... I mentally whined. I tried to bring a paw up to rub my head, but I couldn't feel anything moving. Why can't I feel my everything?

"Ah, ah, ah ah. No." I heard Rainbow scold from my left. "No moving around for you. Even if I'm happy you're awake enough to move."

<<How...>> I tried to croak out.

"How long were you out? Or how did you get here?" Rainbow guessed.

I managed to keep an eye open. <<Yes.>>

"Smart ass." Rainbow gave a worried smirk.

I took a deep breath. <<I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass.>> I managed to wheeze out, giving Rainbow my best shit-eating grin. We both started chuckling at that, but I quickly stopped, wincing in pain. <<Oh, hurts to laugh.>>

"Yeah, don't do that." Rainbow softly smiled. "So, I managed to catch you just before you hit the ground, and I flew you to Fluttershy's. That was two days ago. With Conner's help, she managed to patch you back together enough for you to be able to rest up here at the Library. You are nowheres near healthy, though." Rainbow sighed. "Your collar bone was broken on both sides, your front right leg was broken in three spots, your front left only in two. Four crushed ribs, and your tail will have a permanent kink to it. Should be a couple of moons until you'll be healed up."

We both tilted our ears towards the door as someone started scratching it. Rainbow smiled at me. "The rest of the pack were very worried about you, but only Fluttershy, Conner and I were allowed in." She made her way to the door, inching it open. "No crowding, she just woke up!" She ordered as the Pack came charging in, before slipping out to give us some peace.

"Hey there, Leo. How goes the recovery?" Yomega asked.

"Well," I began, "Rainbow said I'll be in here for a couple of moons, what with the crushed ribs, and the shattered leg. And the brain damage. And the brain damage. And the brain damage. And the brain damage." I managed to turn to look at the group. "Oh hey, Yomega. When'd you get here?"

Conner immediately appeared at my side. "Please be joking." He prayed, glowing paws flying across my head.

"I'm joking! Ow!" I winced, continuing in a whimper. "Hurts to shout. When will I learn to stop hurting myself?"

Lulu rubbed her muzzle with a sigh. "I ask myself that every day."

"Okay, everyone settle down." Yomega requested. "Leo, I know that this may be the last thing you want to do right now, but I'm going to need you to explain yourself."

"I won our bet." I smirked.

"Was it worth this?" Yomega asked, raising an eyebrow. "And what bet?"

"I created a new move." I tried to raise a paw to cut off the clamour that created. I only succeeded in wiggling my casts. "Everyone, shut up!" I turned to Zann. "That's what almost hit you, and I'm sorry about that."

"And then what happened?" Yomega pressed.

Zann spoke up. "I kinda laid into Leo about her choice of practice location, and accidentally triggered something I shouldn't've."

"Triggered what?" Yomega demanded.

I nodded at Abes. "Leo's been having a reoccuring nightmare that Luna believes may be a gateway that an entity we've been calling The Claw may be trying to use to enter our plane of existence." The Umbreon explained

Villhiem tried to inject some levity into situation. "Hey, Boss, Mr. Pendrake, sir? Your second's been having dreams of merciless slaughter of mainly innocent ponies in the name of Khorne and Rainbows, you got a book we can use to figure out where to start?"

The room became deathly silent. Yomega slowly turned to Glare at the grass type. He turned it to everyone present. "And nobody thought to bring this up before... Why?"

"What could you have done?" I asked. "You can't dreamwalk. We needed Luna." I hoped he'd buy my next lie. "She hopes that the fewer beings who knew about it will slow it down, if not stop it."

"Okay, fine." Yomega sighed, clearly not happy about things. "Who knew?"

"Rainbow, and those of us who had evolved." I used my chin to point at Villhiem and Lulu. "Their tea has been helping, and the only time I can get their help at night is when they stay up to talk about adult stuff."

"We're all adults here." Yomega deadpanned.

Abes placed a paw on Yomega's shoulder. "There's something about evolving that we cannot explain to you." He moved his paw to Yomega's mouth, cutting off any retorts. "No, I mean this. You will only understand it when you evolve. Don't worry, even if you are just a kid compared to us, we still follow you."

"Fine, fine," Yomega grumbled. I could tell that he would be heading to the training yard to vent later. "So, Leo. Tell us about this new move."

"Well," I carefully shifted to get comfortable, "if things were like the games, I think that it would be a two turn move. First to charge, second turn hits. If I lose my concentration, I lose the attack. Learned that against some Timberwolves. There's another aspect to it, but I don't know what it is just yet."

"So it's a Solar Beam?" Vince asked.

Zann shook his head. "Nope, it came out in a rasengan like ball. I should know, I got a good look at it when it nearly took my head off."

"I call it Solar Flare." I added.

"Fuck, I miss the internet." Yomega sighed. "It would make checking this so much easier."

I finally managed to look around enough to see were I was. "So, where are you sleeping, Abes?"

"The couch."

Author's Note:

Another chapter up. Thanks go to my muse.

I'mma go crash now, so Read, Review, and Enjoy!

PreviousChapters Next