• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,512 Views, 4,527 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,527
 17,512

PreviousChapters Next
Every Parent Has Been There...

[Abes]

I stretched with a yawn, shaking the last vestiges of sleep off as I left my "room". I snorted upon seeing the other occupants of the room. Judging by how she was draped over her desk, Twilight had fallen asleep pouring over her books again. Yomega curling up in Spike's bed was new.

Wonder why he's there." I pondered as I crept from the room.

"I think Twilight tucked him in in her sleep."

She must really miss Spike. I mused. I slunk down the stairs, hoping that they remembered to leave food out for me. I paused at the base of the stairs, noticing that Moon Dancer's light was still on. I poked my head in, smiling when I saw the mare mirroring Twilight upstairs. I shook my head with a light chuckle, making my way into the main room.

"... And the True Princess watches over our dreams."

"Who's the True Princess?" My smile slipped. I had spent enough time with Peewee to recognize his voice. We all had.

"That's a very..." Owlowiscious paused, probably searching for a simple word. "Hard question to answer."

"Why?"

"Because almost every creature awake in the day thinks that Celestia is the True Princess, and all the others think that Princess Luna is the True Princess."

"Why?"

I could hear the chuckle in Owlowiscious' voice. "Because Celestia moves the sun, and Princess Luna moves the moon."

"Why?"

"Because they've almost always have done so."

"Why?"

"That answer has been lost to time, I'm afraid."

I stepped in before Peewee could speak up. "And that will have to wait until another night."

"Why?" Peewee turned to me. "Daddy!" He began to toddle towards me.

"Good evening, Squirt." I sat down so that he could flop against me.

"Do you know the Princessessess?"

"I know of them, yes." I gently pushed him a little bit away from me. I lightly placed a paw on his beak to keep him from talking. "Now, what are you doing up this late?"

"Talking with Uncle Owowish- Uncle Owow-" He paused, before chirping with a smile. "Uncle Owly!"

I had to choke back a snort at Owlowiscious fluffing himself up with indignation. "And what are you doing here?" I asked instead.

"Mommy bringed me here!" He nodded.

I sighed. "And where's Mommy?"

"Right there!" He pointed off to a table. It took me a moment to see Leo curled up in a pile of paper. Said pile appeared to have once rested upon the table.

"She wanted to ask me if I could teach young Peewee here to fly." Owlowiscious elaborated. "When he was old enough, of course. I agreed."

I felt Luna brushing against my mind. Not now Luna, I need to get Leo and Peewee home.

"Ah. I apologize for intruding then. Please let Us know when you are free."

Will do. I focused back on the chick in front of me. "Right, well. It's well past time all good young phoenix chicks were in bed."

"Aww, but I'm not tired!" His pleading was ruined but the yawn that squeaked out at the end.

"Doesn't matter. Bed time." I lifted Leo onto my back. I felt her snuggle her way further into my fur. "C'mon, Peewee, let's get you back to the Daycare."

"But-"

"No 'but's, Peewee, let's go." I picked him up with my Telekinesis, gently placing him between my shoulders.

"Aww."

I made sure they were both settled comfortably on my back. "Now say 'Good night' to Uncle Owly, please."

"Goo'night, Uncle Owly." Poor chick sounded so sad.

"If you're good," Owlowiscious spoke up behind me, "I'm sure they'll let you come over again. Good night!"

We walked from the library in silence, one I was content to keep until we had reached the edge of town. I slowed my walk, glancing up to the sky. "Peewee? Are you still awake?"

"Yeah." I felt him shifting on my back. "Are you mad at me, Daddy?"

"No, no I'm not." I sighed. "I was just surprised to see you still at the library, that's all. But you should still be in bed right now." I felt him flop onto my back, bouncing off of Leo.

"Snirk!" I had to steady her with my mind as she snapped awake. "Wazza? Uh, forty two!"

"Good evening, Leo." I spoke up. "Just bringing you both to the Daycare."

"You fell asleep on the table!" Peewee added.

"Oh. Well, thank you, Abes."

"No problem." We lapsed back into silence.

We were nearing the Daycare when Leo spoke up. "Oh, look, Peewee! Shooting stars!"

I smiled as Peewee chirped happily at them. "I hear that if you make a wish on one, it might come true. But you can't tell anyone what you wished for, or it won't."

I paused long enough for them to enjoy Luna's performance. Once it died down, I ducked low so I didn't hit them on the doorway. Leo slid off first, rolling onto her back to catch Peewee when he jumped off. I leaned against the doorway, watching Leo tease and joke with Peewee while tucking him into his little nest. When he started to protest that he wasn't tired, broken by more yawns, Leo sung Fluttershy's lullaby.

Once she was sure that Peewee was asleep, she carefully stepped up to me, leading me back out. "Hey." She whispered. "Thanks for carrying us back, and I'm sorry for falling asleep on the job."

"Think nothing of it. Listen, I gotta go see Luna now, will you be fine tonight?"

She huffed, giving me a coy smile. "Aww, worried for me? What am I going to do without a big, strong, handsome Umbreon to keep me company?"

"L-Leo, there's a child present!" I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Peewee won't know if we go a little way into the bushes." She singsonged at me, before dramatically placing a paw on her chest. "Oh, but woe is me, for your heart belongs another! A beautiful Princess of the Night, even!"

"Stop it!" I admonished, lightly smacking her on the head.

Her normal impish smirk stole across her face. "Go ahead. I'll be fine here. You go enjoy your date."

"It's not a date!" I chuckled with her. Alright Luna, I'm free. Shadowporting in three, two...

Author's Note:

Hey, Abes? How's the pyramids looking?

Here's another chapter for you to Read, Review, and Enjoy!

Edit: Just about to go to bed, decides to check the comment section on a whim, sees Adenbaden's comment about chapter number...

Has to recount the number of chapters...

Holy hell. One hundred chapters. I hadn't even noticed, but I'm now floored after having it pointed out to me. I can only hope that these chapters have been enjoyable so far, and here's hoping you will all enjoy the next hundred just as much!

PreviousChapters Next