• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,499 Views, 4,527 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,527
 17,499

PreviousChapters Next
We Do What We Must, Because We Can.

Vince led us to a patch of cleared farmland, Zann's wardrobe sitting to the side. We could see smoke rising from an improvised chimney poking out the door, while the sound of something roaring caused us to fold our ears back. Vince marched up to the open doors and took in a lungful of air.

"OI!" He hollered into the wardrobe.

"Shit!" Zann cried out amidst the sound of clattering metal. "Oh, oh shit, those aren't supposed to burn..."

I saw Vince's eye's widen before he jumped away from the now glowing opening. The rest of us took our cue from the panicking Eevee and threw ourselves to the sides. A moment later, a blast of flame roared from the doors, shoving them fully open. I rolled further away from the searing heat, covering my head as I did so.

As quickly as it came, the flames cut off. I followed the scorch marks to see that it had nearly reached the far trees. I slowly turned to look at the doors, mouth hanging open. A soot covered Zann stormed from the cabinet.

"Goddamnit, Vince! How many times do I need to tell you to just come in and wait for me to notice you!" He rounded on the nearest unevolved form.

"The hell you got in there that can cause that!?" I interrupted Zann's tirade.

Zann turned to me. "Some experimental stuff that shouldn't be near open flame." He looked back into the wardrobe. "Or red hot metal, apparently." He rounded back on us. "Either way, you guys should be lucky that all my papers were secured! What are you guys doing out here anyways?"

Cy spoke up. "Leo's going to teach me to Volt Tackle!"

"Actually," I spoke up, "I'm going to teach him to Extreme Speed to help him figure out how to Volt Tackle."

Zann arched an eye brow. "Ya know that only the Pika line can do that, right?"

"I can damn well try!" Cy snarled.

Conner placed a paw onto the irate Jolteon's side. "Dude, chill." He looked over at the fire dog. "Just in case you've got any other unstable experiments in there, we may be making loud noises out here. Try not to be too startled."

"Fair enough." Zann sighed, looking back into the wardrobe. "I'm going to need to stop for today anyways." He winced as something gave a weak pop from inside. He shot Vince a short glare. "Gotta wait for all this to cool off..."

We all moved to the far side of the clearing before I decided I need to ask something.

"Zann... How'd you get your work box out here?"

"I carried it."

I looked at the size of the cabinet, then at the three legged Flareon. "Erm, How?"

Zann looked at me like I was stupid. "I tied balloons to it, duh."

"How does that even work?!"

Cy stepped around me so that he was between us. "Zann, please don't break Leo's brain just yet. I still need him...."

I had to take a few calming breaths before I put Zann from my mind. Grabbing a stick, I dragged a line into the ground in front of Cy, then stood beside him.

"What's with the line?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Just something we can always start from. Now, I guess the best thing to do is just to start having you run."

"What, just jump headfirst into it?" Conner called out from the designated viewer's spot.

I smiled at him. "It's kinda my modus operandi!"

Zann scoffed. "He's right. You should see him face plant breakfast!" I glared at him before joining in on the laughter.

"So, before we can do an Extreme Speed, I think you need to learn how to do a Quick Attack first." I suggested.

Cy tilted his head. "I already know how to do that."

"Really?"

"You don't remember me hitting Spike with it?"

I shrugged. "I don't remember much from that day..."

He rolled his eyes. "So, why does knowing Quick Attack matter?"

"I lost it when I learned Extreme Speed. And that's because of Rainbow's speed training! So all we need... to do..." I trailed off. "Give me a sec, I need to think on this." I turned and walk a little ways off. Okay, Brain. I know I don't use you as much as I should, so I know you've got some ideas tucked away up there.

"Find a wild Timberwolf and sic it on him?"

No.

"Starve him then tie a fish to your tail for him to chase down?"

Applejack feeds him, and won't go for it.

"Tie a series of Zann's Grenades to his tail and light them with out him knowing?"

Amusing, but no.

"Hasn't he been a little bit competitive lately?"

A bit, your point?

"Be a dick, and abuse that maliciously?" I quickly stifled my evil grin as I rejoined the group. I retook my spot beside Cy. "Okay, Here's the plan. I need to see just how fast you are. You see that tree over there, with the broken bough?" I waited for him to nod. "Well? Get running." He blinked at me, before he figured out what I wanted him to do. "As fast as you can!" I called after him.

I waited for him to be most of the way across before blurring forward. As I passed him, I took a look at his running form. "O~o, pretty good! We just need to crank his speed up, after clearing his mental blocks stopping him from Quick Attacking. You might want to look ahead now." I did so, and had just enough time to blur up the tree and stop on the bough. Cy came panting up to the tree's base as I lay on my perch trying to look nonchalant.

"How's that?" Cy called back over his shoulder, one paw leaning on the tree. He blinked, obviously trying to spot me back with the others.

"Could use some improvement." I said, hiding a smirk as Cy jumped before looking around to try and find me. "Yo, up here." I looked off to the side as he gaped up at me. I pointed to the edge of the scorch mark. "Run there, then back to the start point."

With a groan, he took off. As he did, I blurred back to the others. "Don't tell him." I waited for their promises before rushing to the scorch mark. I waited for Cy to meet me there.

"C'mon, c'mon, go go go! Faster! Faster!" I cheered as Cy skidded into a sloppy turn. I smirked as I ran past him again. As the exhausted Jolteon collapsed at my paws, I couldn't help but give off a slight chuckle. "Is that seriously the fastest you can go? Boy, did you ever let yerself go over winter..."

"What's tha' s'pposed ta mean." Cy panted.

I shrugged, replying with a flippant tone. "I just thought you were faster during the Running of the Leaves, is all..."

Cy jumped to his paws. "I did not slow down!" He screeched.

Hook, line and sinker. I scoffed. "Oh, yeah? Prove it. Run the course again."

We spent the rest of the afternoon running in circles. From Cy's point of view, I was always ahead of him, taunting him to keep going faster. In the end, Conner need to heal up Cy so he could walk back to the farmhouse under his own power. Vince had us stop outside the door, letting Cy enter the house before me.

"Okay, spill. What's up with the dickary?" He asked once Cy was out of sight.

"Simply put, I'm trying to annoy an Extreme Speed out of him. It'll be the only way he can have any chance of beating me to any location." I placed a paw to my nose. "Just don't tell him that." I watched them go the motions of a Pinkie Promise.

With a smile and promise to come back the next day, Conner and I left for out respective homes.

PreviousChapters Next