• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,423 Views, 4,487 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,487
 17,423

PreviousChapters Next
Not Quite a Locked Room Mystery.

The conductor came and went, punching ponies tickets and checking Zann's and my tags. There was a slight commotion when he tried to check Eros' tag. The stallion was pinned to a wall when he unthinkingly reached for the Ralts to look for a collar. Eros only let him down after Sweetie had pulled out her licence and explained things to both Eros and the conductor.

The guard had tried to pull the stallion down, but couldn't do it. Once the conductor had left, I could see the guard chuckling to himself.

Shortly afterward, the train lurched into motion. Zann and I sat leaning against each other, his inner warmth soothing my thoughts. I snuggled further into the fire type's side. I wonder if Zann needs to warm the eggs. Ya know, like the hot springs in that one game. Which one was it now?

"Ruby, Sapphire? Technically, that would be five games. Including the remakes, of course. And, besides, Luke took a look at them, and said that there was something else going on. I don't think that they'll hatch through any normal means."

Wish I had a clue as to what to do. I hummed in thought.

<<What'cha thinkin' about?>> Zann murmured at me.

I rolled onto my back to look up at him. <<I was just thinking.>>

<<Your eggs?>> I nodded. Zann bopped me on the head. <<Stop it. You're on vacation, so leave your worries behind.>>

<<I know, but...>> I sighed. <<I can't help it.>>

<<You don't->>

I cut Zann off. <<No, let me vent for a sec. I must start off by saying that I have no Idea if Lulu feels the same way I do.>> I scooted further into Zann's fur. <<I feel like I'm constantly worrying about them. Whether or not they're safe is always at the back of my mind. Whenever I'm away from the daycare, I always want to go back and check up on them. Unless I'm with Rainbow or I know that Lulu is there.

<<On top of that, whenever I'm in the Daycare, I've started noticing that I'm doing certain things. I'm constantly running numbers in the back of my mind to make sure that the humidity, air pressure, and temperature are just right. Of course, I'm never sure on what those should actually be at. I also can't seem to relax until I've gone over each of the eggs and made sure that they are clean and without any cracks.>> I curled up, dabbing at my eyes with my tail. <<The only time I didn't was when I was looking after Peewee. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to be getting any worse.>>

Zann flipped his floofy tail over me. <<So, what? You think that something's forcing you into looking after them?>> The other bakers huffed through the car, shortly followed by the ponies who could make it.

<<Yes and no.>> I allowed. <<I think that it's more to do with my maternal instincts mixing with my Eevee instincts and my human logical reasoning. Everything to help keep my precious children safe.>>

<<I'll ask Lulu about her thoughts on the matter at the next Evolved Club meeting.>> Zann nodded down at me.

<<Oh, Arceus...>> I groaned out. <<Please tell me that's not what it's actually called.>>

A pink hoof scooped me up before Zann could reply. Pinkie placed me on her back and began pulling at Zann's good leg. "C'mon!" She grunted as she pulled us towards the car with the entries. "You guys need to help me protect the MMMM!"

I hopped off her back to make my way to the sleeper car. <<You two have fun.>>

"C'mon, Leo!" Pinkie whined. "Rainbow would help!"

<<I have it on good authority that she wouldn't.>> I paused, scraping my tongue across my teeth. <<Sadly, she'd hinder here. I won't do either.>> I stated and continued my way towards the back of the train.

"Leo!" Pinkie continued to whine. "Oh, why do you only listen to Rainbow?"

I ignored her. I sat by the car door to wait for the conductor to come back through. Instead, both this car's door and the sleeper car's were pulled open by someone's red aura. I gave a smile and a glance over at Eros, nodding to her before padding into the sleeper car.

I followed my nose for any scents of familiar ponies, stopping at the first door with scents I recognized. After scratching to be let in, the door was opened by Twilight's aura, the mare herself was laying on the top bunk. Applejack was occupying the lower bunk. I padded my way in and jumped up to join Applejack in her bunk.

"Hey, Twi'?" Applejack spoke up as she started petting me. "Ah've been meanin' ta ask, but why are we stayin' overnight? Don' we usually just go straight ta Canterlot?"

"I don't know." Twilight admitted. "I'll go ask the conductor." She got up and left the room. Applejack rolled onto her back and pulled a newspaper out from her hammerspace.

I wonder how she can get that out from around her rope. I mused, smirking to myself. I curled up on the farmmare on roughly the same spot that I do on Rainbow. Although, I guess it doesn't really matter. Yomega might get a kick out of trying to figure it out, though.

Just before I could doze off, Twilight returned. "So, it turns out that the railroad is doing repair work on the tracks." She explained as she closed the door.

"Huh." Applejack grunted as she flipped pages. "Just found th' story here. Looks like a rock slide took out some of the tracks an' a part o' the road. Almost hit a stagecoach, too."

"Can I read it when you're done?"

"Sure."

I ignored them and got back to the important task of sleeping. I jolted awake and blearily looked up at Applejack as she hoofed Twilight the newspaper. I uncurled and stepped off of Applejack. I didn't go far, instead waiting for her to get comfortable again before curling up beside her. I next woke up to Pinkie screaming.

I took advantage of the sleepy rush of ponies to get into the passenger car. I spotted Zann poking his head out into the aisle from a chair he had apparently slept on. I jumped up beside him and settled in for a show. We were very quickly joined by Sweetie, Silver and Eros.

I rose an eyebrow at the Ralts. <<How odd of you to willing sit so close to us.>>

"Your pack seems to know more about what's going on then you let on." She glared at me from under her bangs. "And, as much as I hate to admit this, you generally seem -seem- to be working towards ponies best interests. Plus, you've at least promised to keep the Crusaders safe."

<<I've even Pinkie Promised it.>> I reminded her.

"Yes, yes." She rolled her eyes. "I don't see why you place emphasis on such childish words, though."

Zann snorted. <<Here, look into my mind.>>

Eros' eyes glowed red for a brief moment. She brought a hand up to cover her mouth as her eyes returned to normal. "Can... Can she really do that?"

<<Can you read her mind?>>

Eros' eyes glowed red again. <<... Oh, Arceus...>> She murmured. I blinked at how soft and smooth her actual voice sounded, like Fluttershy's if she was a dove. Eros refocused on Zann. "Her mind is like the insane, jumbled thoughts and emotions, but with the coherency of the sane. How can she function, walking that tightrope without falling into one side or the other?"

I shared a look with Zann before we answered in unison. <<She's Pinkie.>>

Author's Note:

Everyone keeps talking about the Pack's weirdness, but we all tend to forget about Pinkie's. And now Eros has first hand experience.

Anyways, yes, I'm still writing. Yes I'm also working, off and on, on my other stories. However, I'm going to be going through some personal stuff that, hopefully, shouldn't interfere with my writing. I figured I'd let people know now so that people can be reassured about any potential slowing of updates.

Still, and as always, Read, Review, and Enjoy.

PreviousChapters Next