• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,478 Views, 4,521 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,521
 17,478

PreviousChapters Next
You Are Family.

I lay in the Daycare, waiting for the latest storm to end. This was to be the last one before we had enough water, according to Twilight's calculations. I had decided that I would do another Rain Dance before heading home, just to bump the water level up, just to be on the safe side.

But, for now, I was watching the eggs. I glanced up at the checklist Yomega had put up for when Peewee hatched. My gaze drifted from there to each of the eggs in turn.

I wonder when you'll hatch. It's been long enough, almost a full summer. Are we doing something wrong? My eyes teared up. In the back of my mind, I had been thinking about how long they were taking to hatch for the last moon. Judging by how Lulu acted whenever she left from her shift, I could tell she was too. Are you infertile? Please be fertile.

"Leo, you in here?" I heard Conner call out.

I quickly tried to rub my eyes clear. "Y-yeah. I'm on egg duty!" I answered with a sniff. I turned away from the door to roll one of Lulu's eggs over. I hoped it would buy me enough time to clean myself up. I paused when I heard Conner come up the ramp.

"So," it sounded like he had paused at the door, "what's the waterworks for?"

"You don't know?" I almost turned to face him, but I could still feel the tear streaks. "It's for the water transfer in about a couple of weeks."

He sighed. "I wasn't asking about the rain, Leo." I stood, frozen in place as I heard him start towards me. "I don't need to be a psychic type to tell when someone's hurting."

"No." I agreed. I felt him place a paw on my shoulder. "Just need to be an empath." My gaze drifted towards Peewee's egg as Conner slowly draped himself over me.

"Still avoiding the question." He murmured into my ear.

"It's the eggs." I admitted. "I'm worried that they may never hatch. I'm so worried about my first two eggs."

I felt him nod. "Because they weren't conceived normally?"

I felt more tears start coming. "Yeah..."

"Shh, shh." Conner comforted. "Just let it out."

I turned and buried my face into his fur, crying out my newest worries. Conner did his best to comfort me, even awkwardly patting my back. Eventually, I cried myself out. Pulling away from Conner, I attempted to rub my face clear again.

"Ah, look at me." I gave a morose chuckle. "I'm a mess now."

"You're, uh, a pretty mess?" Conner tried to lift my mood.

I waved him off. "You don't need to do that. I know what your side of this is like."

"Yeah, but you haven't been on that side before, have you?"

"Not really. Arceus, my emotions are all over the place." I sighed. "I blame the new feminine hormones I'm now dealing with." I noticed that one of the eggs seemed to be faintly glowing pink. I rubbed more tears from my eyes, and looked again. Huh, it's gone. Must've been the tears. I turned back to Conner with a sniff, cringing when I saw the mess I left on him. "Oh, shit, sorry. The rain should clean that off."

Blinking, Conner looked at his chest and shoulder. "Hmm? Oh, that. Yeah, I've been helping Joy and Angel as if I was a vet. It'll take a lot more then this to gross me out now."

I nervously chuckled. "Yeah, I-" I was interrupted but a cracking noise. I whipped around, ears standing stiff, looking to the eggs. With another crack, I saw Peewee's egg wobble, cracks and fractures appearing along the shell. Conner and I stood stock still as we watched the miracle of life happen in front of us.

The top half of the egg was pushed up, Peewee briefly looking around before dropping back into the egg.

"It's okay." I cooed, crawling forward. "You can come out." Peewee repeated his peek-a-boo routine. "It's okay." I chuckled, carefully reaching out and lifting the upper shell off. I gently placed it to the side, before peering into the egg. "There we go."

Peewee looked up at me, pulling himself up and booped my nose with his beak. I giggled as I carefully pulled the shell away from him.

"Hey, Leo?" Conner asked from behind me. "Where's Yomega?"

I kept peeling away the shell as Peewee struggled to get his legs under him. "From here, go into Whitetail and head due east. He'll be in the third clearing." I stated before following my instincts and began licking the leftover yolk off of the chick. I twitched an ear towards the door as I heard Conner leave, running off into the rain.

"Mommy?" I blinked, looking down at the chick. "Where's Daddy going?"

Oh, crap. I mentally sighed. Why'd he have to imprint? It's going to be so much harder when we have to give him back.

"Mommy?"

I gave Peewee's head another lick. "He's going to get your father."

"I've got two Daddies?" He sounded so excited.

"Oh, you've got more than that." I chuckled. Noticing Peewee starting to shiver, I curled around him. "You've got a whole pack to look after you."

"I've got lots of Mommies and Daddies?!" He chirped at me around a yawn. "Can I see them all?"

"Later." I cooed. "For now, you need to get some rest. You can see them later."

He lay his head onto my tail. "But I want to see them now!"

"Later." I hummed. "Hush, now. Quiet, now..." I began to sing. By the time Conner had returned with Yomega, Peewee was fast asleep. I carefully raised a paw to my muzzle, signaling them to be quiet.

"How is he?" Yomega whispered.

"He's imprinted on Conner and I." I sighed. "He was very excited to know that we're all looking after him, but he thinks the Pack are his parents." I checked Peewee, making sure he was asleep. "How do you tell a child that they're adopted?"

"We wait until he's old enough to understand." Yomega gently stated as he curled up around me.

Conner leaned against the door frame. "And how will we know that?"

"When he asks why he looks different from us." Yomega's voice firmed. "And we tell him everything. We don't try to hide things. And, if he doesn't ask, then he might've figured it out. If he asks to meet his true parents, then we tell him that they live a long way away, but we will try to find time."

"Until then," I spoke up, "we take care of him as our own. Let's introduce the rest of the pack to him when he wakes up. Slowly." I settled in as the others voiced their agreement.

PreviousChapters Next