• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,499 Views, 4,527 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,527
 17,499

PreviousChapters Next
Oops, I broke It....

The Crusaders had agreed to make their sessions with Twilight a weekly activity. Villhiem and I usually watched over the fillies as they learned from Twilight. That was two weeks ago.

Nothing has gone wrong. It's all very boring.

I now lay at Rainbow's hooves. I was waiting for her to finish writing up the next few months weather schedule. I was disheartened to hear the words 'snow', 'possible blizzard', and 'cold front'. At least she's not going gaga with Hearts Warming. Yet.

I felt a hoof prodding my head. I looked up to see that Thunderlane had come in while I was moping. "Hey, RD? You think our little weather maker here knows anything snow related?" I huffed, rolling over so that my back was facing him. "She could really help us out and save on snow clouds!"

Rainbow looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "I'm starting to think she doesn't like winter."

Winter's fine, it's Christmas I don't like.

"What?" Thunderlane nudged me with a hoof. "I've yet to meet a dog that doesn't like snow!"

<<Quite pokin' me.>> I growled.

"I think you should leave her alone, Thunderlane." Rainbow cautioned.

"Hey, I'm a dog pony, remember?" More poking.

<<I mean it!>>

"Thunderlane, she's been pretty cranky lately."

"C'mon, dogs love me-"

<<THAT'S IT!>> I whipped around, teeth glowing. Everyone paused as I bit into Thunderlane's fetlock. Blood started to drip from my mouth. .... Shit!! I let go of Thunderlane's leg, and bolted to a far corner.

Rainbow zipped over to Thunderlane, swinging a hoof at me in a late attempt to dislodge me. Pressing her seat cushion to his hoof, Rainbow led Thunderlane to the first aid station. I followed at a discrete distance, head, ears, and tail hung low. This was not how I expected this day to go.

We all kept quiet as they cleaned the wound. Rainbow broke the silence as she bandaged the bite mark. "I'm sorry about this. I-"

"No, no." Thunderlane interrupted. "It's my fault. I kept prodding the angry Eevee." He gingerly shifted his weight to his bandaged leg. He hid his wince with a cocky grin. "Ya think your new Canterlot friend would want to take a look at this? Ya know, as a data point?"

Rainbow gave him a sly smirk. "Sure... She's at Twilight's, I think. Let's go see her."

Thunderlane's grin fell. "Wait, now?!"

We left the weather station. As Rainbow passed me, she glared at me. "No fishcakes tonight." I nodded, and moped behind them.

It didn't take us long to reach the library. We knocked and entered without waiting for a response. We didn't have to wait long before someone noticed us.

"Don't you normally break a window?" Spike snarked around the stack of books he was carrying.

"Yeah, yeah." Rainbow waved him off. "Ya know where Moon Dancer is?"

"Yup! She's in the back study." Spike tilted his head towards said room.

We gave our thanks as we filed past him. Finding the room in question, I recognized it as the room I laid my egg in. We knocked and waited for the strained "It's open!" It seemed as if the mess of paper had migrated from the basement to this room. At least it attempted to organize itself along the way. Stacks of paper were labeled, and what I assumed were matching labels tacked on a board and connected with string.

It also looked like Moon Dancer had her own "stress circle" she was leaning against.

"Is this a bad time?" Rainbow nervously asked.

Moon Dancer sat on a nearby chair. "No, no. I was thinking of taking a break. What do you need?"

Thunderlane and Rainbow shared a look before the stallion spoke. "We had a bit of an incident earlier. We figured you might've wanted to take a look at it?"

"What happened?" Moon Dancer sighed.

"I'm going to leave you two to it. I gotta finish my paperwork." Rainbow waved before bolting. Moon Dancer shook her head before giving Thunderlane an expectant look.

"First off, I need to say that this was my fault." The pale maned stallion sat down to rub the back of his head. "I was bugging Leo here, and she ran out of patience and Bit me."

Moon Dancer raised a skeptical eyebrow, pointing at his wrapped leg. "That was from a bite?"

Thunderlane shook his head. "No, no. Not a bite, a Bite."

"That doesn't explain anything." Moon Dancer deadpanned. "Besides, I've already measured the Packs' bite force. They'll break skin, yes, but it won't be that deep. Not deep enough to warrant that many bandages." She pointed to Thunderlane's leg.

Thunderlane looked back to the main rooms of the library. "Did, did nopony fill you in on their, eh, unique abilities."

Moon Dancer pointed to a stack of papers. "Listed abilities by individual. I still highly doubt that Leo's bite force could change that much."

"Do you have anything to measure it again?"

With a roll of her eyes, Moon Dancer fished a device from the mess of paper on her desk. It had a wedge of rubber with a metal stick attached to a recording device. She held the wedge out to me. "Alright. Baseline bite please."

I bit down as hard as I could without putting any power in it. It's odd feeling the difference of a bite and a Bite. The second one feels... more.

"Okay, right where I expected it to be." She held it out to me again. "Alright, Leo. Bite"

Crunch.

"O~oh, a critical hit!"

I spat the chunks of rubber out of my mouth. Ugh, I'm going to be digging pieces out from between my teeth for the next week....

While I was vacating my mouth of ruined equipment, Thunderlane and Moon Dancer were staring at what was left with wide eyes. "So, uh, w-what was the reading?" Thunderlane asked.

"She broke it..." Moon Dancer croaked out.

"Well, I can see that. But what was the reading?"

Moon Dancer flipped the machine around so that Thunderlane and I could clearly see the needle was jammed to the far right. "No, she broke it." She turned her stare to focus on me. "How? How can she get such power out of such little muscle structure."

"By biting ponies, apparently."

Shut up, Brain.

"... I need to get the Spectro-Thaumic Scanner out." I was lifted up in her aura, along with a thick pillow, and dragged off into the basement. Thunderlane warily followed behind us. We startled Twilight, who was in the middle of writing up her lesson plan for the day.

"AH! Oh, hello Moon Dancer, Thunderlane..." She saw me in Moon dancer's magical grip. "... Leo. What's up?"

Moon Dancer breezed past the lavender mare, leaving Thunderlane to stammer out an explanation. I, now upside down, could only watch as Moon Dancer pulled the STS out of storage. As she was looking for the socket to plug the machine in, Twilight began trying to get Moon Dancer's attention.

"This is odd, seeing this from the outside." Twilight murmured. She sent a very small electric spark to zap the over-zealous mare on the flank. The sudden shock caused Moon Dancer to drop everything in her magic. Thankfully, that only meant the STS' plug, the pillow, and me.

I missed the pillow.

Thunderlane and I let the studious mares set up the experiment. Part way through said set up, the Crusaders and Villhiem joined us. After being filled in, Scootaloo decided to fetch the last book her and her friends had been reading. Soon enough, the elder mares were ready.

They placed me into the STS' bowl with the pillow, turned it on, and told me to Bite. One small mess of feathers later, Moon Dancer put the machine away and dragged Thunderlane off to compare her notes. I stayed to avoid the impending research spree.

Twilight gathered the Crusaders around her chalk board. Villhiem settled on the floor, and I lay on the pillow I bit. Each Crusader pulled a notebook from their bags.

"Alright girls, if you remember from last week, we summoned a Ruriri. This week, we'll go over how to summon a higher tier. We will stay within the Ruriri family." Twilight picked up a pointer stick in her magic, using it to tap a stylized Magikarp. "When we first started your lessons, I told you not to triple the Koikingu recipe. That is not a hard and set rule. Most recipes barely even double the reagents required. Some even require powdered gems to get to the highest tiers."

The pointer tapped another pair of drawings one the board. One was a pair of blue spheres stacked on top of each other, the other was a larger blue ball with a smaller ball connected with a jagged black line. "A quick tangent into history, the Ruriri family was originally known as the Mariru family. The amount of reagents needed for the first tier was actually less then what was estimated." She pointed to the sacs. "So, please find the Mariru jar."

While the Crusaders dug through their sacs, I leaned over to Villhiem. <<How can something about as big as a saddlebag hold so much shit?>>

<<Tardis charm.>>

I blinked at him. <<Wait, really?>>

Villhiem shook his head. <<Twilight called it something else, but she basically made bags of holding.>>

<<Huh.>> We turned back to the ponies as Scootaloo succeeded at removing her jar.

It didn't take her long to get set up, but the other two managed to find their jars in that time. Twilight stopped Scootaloo from beginning her chant. "As you'll notice, there isn't much of a difference in the amount of reagents between the Mariru and Ruriri tiers."

The fillies spent some time comparing the recipes, but Scootaloo began her chanting soon enough. With the now familiar blinding crack, a Marill sat within the circle. A quick banishing, and the circle was cleared for Apple Bloom. It was at that point I lost interest.

Getting up, I left through the nearest tunnel. I made my way to where I figured Rainbow would be. I found her napping in one of Applejack's trees. Bounding up beside her, I carefully lay on her stomach so I didn't wake her. I settled in for a nap of my own, and waited for the chewing out I deserved from biting Thunderlane.

Author's Note:

I had to double check the site I use for pokemon info (Pokemon Database) for the Japanese Version of Eevee, and I discovered that it was different to the one I kept seeing in the last chapter's comments. (I had "Ībui" whereas you guys had "Eievui")

I'd better start discribing the summons......

Anywho, read, reveiw, and critique.

PreviousChapters Next