• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,477 Views, 4,521 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,521
 17,477

PreviousChapters Next
Dog Days: Ya Know What This Calls For?

[Zann]

I made my way across Fluttershy's lawn, nodding to Angel as I went. It had taken me most of my morning to get there, but I couldn't ask anyone for a lift. I rapped a paw against the Daycare's wall before entering. Both Leo and Conner were in checking up on their eggs. I rested against the door frame so that I would be out of the way while I waited for them to acknowledge my presence.

Finally, Conner looked up. "Taking some time off from the bakery?"

"Naw," I shrugged, "I needed to ask a favor of Leo. Because of all the bullshit with your egg laying, we've missed Vince's birthday. I'd like your help while I get things organized for a belated party. I just need to make sure that you're free for the next couple of days."

"I'm down. Rainbow has me on 'maternity leave' for a while. What do ya need me to do?"

"For the now, I need you to let everyone but Vince know that we will be meeting up in the Library, in the room you gave birth in. Tell Cy that he will need to get Vince there on that day."

Conner glanced at Leo. "And which day will that be?"

I blinked. "Oh! Right, that would be a thing you'll need to know. It'll be on Twilight's birthday while everyone's up in Canterlot." I backed out of the doorway. "When you're done with that, you can find me in Sugarcube."

"I'll meet you there." Leo said as she passed me. From the base of the ramp, she started to make her way to the main road. She quickly increased her speed from a walk to a blur.

I turned to Conner. "This might be a long shot, but can you ask Joy if she's got any homemade dog biscuit recipes? I want to be able to make some for the party." He nodded, before making his way to the Cottage proper.

I turned and began my long trek back to Ponyville. About ten minutes down the road, I got lucky. I had stopped for a breather when I heard the sound of creaking wheels. I looked behind me to see Applejack pulling her apple cart into town. She slowed to a stop beside me.

"Need a lift? If so, hop on." I didn't need to be told twice. I quickly jumped onto the back ledge. This would halve the time for me. I let my mind wonder as the farm mare made her way into town. My ears twitched as I listened in to the mare pulling the cart.

"How'd th' little fella get all th' way out here?" She mumbled, not realizing that I could hear her. "Th' others Ah can see, but th' three legged one... He'd fall over if'n Leo runs past him too fast." The cart hit a rut. I scrambled to stay on, missing the next sentence. I tuned back in when I had settled. "He's a hardy little guy, though. Gotta be, missin' his leg 'n all. Can pull hot trays outta th' ovens, an' spend a night in the freezer!" Not one of Pinkie's best moments, that. "If'n what th' Cakes said was true. Heh, listen ta me, ramblin' on like Ah'm Pinkie."

"You can't be me, I'm me!"

The only thing that kept me from falling of the wagon was Pinkie's tail wrapping around me.

"Mornin', Pinkie." Applejack barely blinked. "Here for some apples?"

"Nah, I'm here for my Eevee!" Pinkie pulled me around to the front. "Could you believe this little guy had a stack of pans fall on him! All I heard was a loud crash from the kitchen, and there's Carrot Cake beside this mess of pans and Zann. He got hit by every. Single. One."

I... Don't quite remember that one.

"And he just gets up and starts pulling the farthest pans back to the sink like nothing happened!" Pinkie rubbed her chin with a hoof. "It's almost like some divine being's out to get him."

"Ah think yer over thinkin' this, Pinkie." Applejack drawled.

"Oh!" Pinkie bounced out of the apple cart. I came with her, still clutched in her tail. "Rarity left for Canterlot this morning!"

<<Oh, hey.>> Leo blurred up beside us. <<I've already talked to everyone, and they're all for it. What next?>>

<<Go back to Conner, and see if he's got an answer to my question.>> I began walking, still held up by a giggling Pinkie. <<If it's a yes, try to get it written down.>>

Leo nodded, and took off back towards the Daycare. Pinkie finally settled me onto her back with a knowing look. "Somedoggy's planning a party."

Applejack glanced at the party pony. "What makes ya say that?"

"I have my ways..." She turned her grin to face me. "Come, to Sugarcube Corner! Na nana na~a!"

Everything turned pink. When my eyes cleared, we were in Pinkie's bedroom. <<How did we...?>>

"Hmmm, you're gonna need your own party planning room..." Whipping her closet door open, Pinkie shoved everything in it under her bed. Scooping me up, she placed me in the now empty closet. "You can start with this! I just got to lay out some arrows so that Leo can find you here!" She bounced out of the room, humming a tuneless song.

I sat in the bare closet, still trying to process what just happened. "So... This is mine now?"


Everything went smoothly. With Leo playing carrier pigeon, I was able to keep everyone up to date on any last minute changes and solve all problems as they came up.

I don't know what Rainbow's training was, but Leo's a speedy little fox...

It was the day of the party. We had all been left with Spike, except for the Reckless Duo. They were still on the farm, but they were going to meet us in the next few minutes.

Yomega placed a paw on my back. "While I thank you for planning all this, and I will admit my surprise you actually did this, I've got a question. You said there'd be decorations. Vince will be here in a few, and I don't see them."

"That's not a question, but I still have an answer." I moved to the center of the room, placing a small blue bundle with a short pink string on the floor. "Clear the center!" I called out. Grabbing hold of the string, I backed as far away from it as the string would allow. "Fire in the hole!" I pulled the string.

Everything went pink then.

When we could all see again, the whole room was covered in streamers, balloons, and everyone had a party hat sitting on the floor in front of them. Lulu stared wide eyed at me.

"What was that?!"

"That," I stated with a smug smile, adjusting my hat, "was the Party-Popper Grenade Mark One." I looked around. "Odd. That should've put the hats on you. It got mine..." Why does everything seem blueish?

Just then, the door slid open. Spike poked his head in, as the blind folded guest of honor was led in. "Huh, Pinkie never ceases to amaze me..." Shaking his head, he closed the door.

"Can I take this off now?" Vince asked, pawing at his face.

"Yep!" Someone said.

We all barely waited until the blindfold was off before all yelling, "Surprise!" After that, the party got started. We had to make things seem barely planned, didn't want Spike making any notes to Twilight about us. The last thing we wanted was Twilight thinking we were smarter than Owlowiscious.

I heard from Yomega later that our rendition of Happy Birthday had been noted as "eerily familiar, but he didn't know why".

Author's Note:

Another night, another chapter.

I've decided that the Dog Days chapters will be told from one of the other Eevee's perspectives, as well as that I will be continuing these.

As always, read, review, and comment. I assure you I read every one.

PreviousChapters Next