• Published 29th Nov 2015
  • 2,205 Views, 34 Comments

Dat Place - MythrilMoth



Starlight Glimmer ends up serving an unexpected sentence for her crimes against Equestria.

  • ...
36
 34
 2,205

Or Maybe Dis Place? I Dunno

"But I must say, I'm surprised you all forgave me so easily," Starlight Glimmer said as she sipped tea with her new friends.

"Eh, we've forgiven ponies for a lot worse," Pinkie Pie said. "Another cookie?"

"Oh yes, please!" Starlight gratefully accepted another cookie. She smiled at the group of friends around her: Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship. Spike the Dragon, capable assistant. Pinkie Pie, the party pony extraordinaire. Fluttershy, the kindest and most gentle of all ponies. Applejack, the dependable workhorse. Rarity, whose fashion flair was beyond compare. Rainbow Dash, the fastest flier in all of Equestria, and the one ultimately responsible for the unique bond this group of friends shared.

Ever since she was a filly, ever since that fateful day when her one and only friend got his Cutie Mark and left her behind, Starlight had spent her entire life obsessing over proving that Cutie Marks were terrible, evil things. That friendship could only exist if all ponies were equal. And when her grand experiment, the village of equality, was ruined by Princess Twilight and her friends, all Starlight could think about was revenge. Revenge against the ones who had ruined her life, stolen her happiness, and destroyed her grand plans for Equestria. Her powerful magic gave her the means, her formidable intelligence showed her the way, and her obsessive determination to ruin Twilight Sparkle had given her the opportunity.

And if she'd succeeded, Equestria would have been laid waste.

Now, she had friends. She had a place in Equestria. She had...

"Wow, all that spellcasting must've left me more tired than I thought," Starlight said. "I'm...I'm getting really sleepy."

"Well, it has been a long couple of days," Twilight said. "Why don't you go ahead and take a nap? Tomorrow's a new day!"

Starlight smiled. "Yeah. A new day. Thank you, Twilight."

Once Starlight left the room, Twilight looked around at her friends. Rainbow had a stern frown on her face. Applejack looked upset. Fluttershy's ears were folded back, and her lip was trembling. Pinkie Pie's hair had drooped. Rarity's eyes were clouded. Spike looked glum.

"Ah don't know, Twi," Applejack said. "Ah still think we shoulda handed her over t' Celestia an' let her deal with this."

"Yeah," Rainbow said. "Canterlot's got dungeons, and then there's Tartarus. If anypony belongs in Tartarus, it's Starlight."

"I don't like that we've convinced her we want to be her friends," Fluttershy said. "I feel dirty."

"I know," Twilight said sadly. "I don't like it either. But we all agreed this is what we have to do. Starlight's too dangerous to be set free, but she's also too dangerous to try to contain in a normal dungeon, and I don't think I can really plead a case for sending her to Tartarus. The only thing that makes sense is to send her to a world without magic."

"So we're just gonna dump her on Sunset Shimmer?" Pinkie asked. "Because that kinda sucks."

Twilight shook her head. "There's magic in that world now too. Besides, there's no way I'd inflict a dangerous, unstable psychopath like Starlight Glimmer on my friends at Canterlot High."

"Then what exactly do you propose to do?" Rarity asked.

"I'm going to open a one-way portal to a different world," Twilight said. "I've been studying Starswirl's notes and I watched Discord do it at the Gala, so it shouldn't be too hard. But I'm going to need your help."

Twilight's friends looked around at each other, then back at her.

"What do you want us to do?" Rainbow asked.

"Pinkie and Rainbow, I want you two to keep an eye on Starlight. Don't let her leave the castle. If she wakes up, get her to eat another drugged cookie."

Pinkie frowned at that. "I can't believe I let you talk me into baking drugged cookies."

"I'll make it up to you...somehow." Twilight looked to her other friends. "Spike, I'm going to need your help when I make the portal. Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, I have something special I need you to do."

* * * * *

Rarity and Fluttershy removed the last pins from the orange felt and peeled it off Applejack. Applejack shook her head and stepped out of the cloth copy of herself, staring at it balefully. "Okay, Ah git why you needed a live pony t' cut th' pattern an' all, but why'd you hafta go an' make this thing look like me?"

"Style, darling," Rarity said simply.

"This seems...excessive," Fluttershy said, frowning at the pile of orange and yellow felt.

"It does," Rarity agreed. "Still, better safe than sorry, I suppose. With or without magic, Starlight Glimmer is dangerous. Binding her before sending her on her way makes sense. Now, come along, help me carry all this up to her room."

* * * * *

Twilight's horn strobed. Black sparks arced along its length as sweat streamed down her face. Arcs of magenta and black electricity connected her horn to the mirror in Starlight Glimmer's bedroom. Slowly, gradually, the mirror became a rippling, swirling portal. With one last bright pulse of light, the portal stabilized, and Twilight stepped back.

Behind her, Rarity and Fluttershy finished stitching up the magically binding cloth that now covered every inch of Starlight Glimmer. Applejack scratched her head as she stared at Starlight. "You even put mah Cutie Mark on there?"

"No garment is complete without the proper accents," Rarity said. Applejack rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Alright, bring her over here," Twilight said. Rarity's horn lit up, lifting the unconscious Starlight off the floor and onto her hooves. Rainbow and Applejack began frog-marching her toward the portal.

"Wait a second!" Pinkie said. She swept Applejack's hat off her head and placed it on Starlight's. "Okay, go ahead!"

"Hey now!" Applejack said angrily.

"Oh, come on," Rainbow said, rolling her eyes. "You've got dozens of hats."

"Girls, hurry," Twilight said. "This portal's only going to be open a few more seconds, and Starlight could wake up any time now!"

With a grunt of effort, Rainbow and Applejack heaved Starlight the rest of the way to the portal, then turned and, solemn expressions on their faces, bucked her into it. In a bright flash, Starlight vanished; a second later, the portal winked out, becoming an ordinary mirror again.

Twilight sighed. "Well...that's that," she said. "That's the end of Starlight Glimmer."

Seven morose friends trotted out of the empty room, hearts heavy.

* * * * *

Everything was dark.

Starlight Glimmer tried to open her eyes, but couldn't see. She tried to move her legs, but they wouldn't respond. She tried to cast a light spell, or a flight spell, or any spell at all...and couldn't. Her magic was gone.

*What...what's going on...?*

Muffled voices carried on air she couldn't feel, as though she was hearing them through cloth.

"Where'd you find this thing?"

"In that thrift store down on Haber Street. Pretty cute, huh?"

Starlight felt herself being lifted.

"I guess. What's it supposed to be, some kind of...cowgirl rodeo pony?"

"I was thinking I could make a Halloween costume out of it. You know, cut open the back here, take out some of the stuffing so I can put my feet in the back legs, make a little pair of felt legs and a saddle that match my cowgirl outfit..."

"Blythe, you come up with some of the silliest, funniest things! I so love that about you."

"Now we need to talk about your costume, Youngmee..."

Author's Note:

I've been wanting to do a satire of "Displaced" stories for a while now, because I hate them.

And after the way the season finale ended, this kind of Starlight Glimmer story is almost obligatory.

So I decided to kill two birds with one stone.

Try not to take it too seriously. Pretty much wrote this for lulz.

Comments ( 34 )

...

I don't even...

This was bound to happen... I'm so happy it did. Two of my favorite kid shows together like this? Me likes!:pinkiehappy:

So wait, did Starlight turn INTO a felt doll...? Or is she just under the costume and drugged? If it's the former, then that is really dark haha. Though the idea of sending her to a world without magic is a good one, at least as far as intentions go. Upvoted.

Damn......that's pretty dark.






Do go on.

Now THAT'S what I call a happy ending!

Well at least the ponies understand a threat, when they see one. Otherwise if Starlight had a bad day, they would've been on the other side of that portal.

Since she's trapped in that costume now, when Blythe rips some holes in it does it count as killing?

Is it at all strange that now I'm slightly concerned for her?

6680575
She's inside a suit. Not dead or binder. Just wait until the drugs wear out. Hopefully.

I have no mouth and I must scream.

6680575
6680749 It's a parody of "Displaced" stories, so Starlight is a life-sized felt plush doll of Applejack now.

I'm of the opinion that it is possible for a good Displaced story to exist... it's just that all the ones I've found so far were retarded.

It's like with TCB. There was exactly one great story (Not Alone), which the author then removed because he didn't want anything to do with TCB.

damn thats dark

6680839 that's the opposite of the resurected Nm Moon into a pegasus.

Dude, that's pretty creepy. I'm fine for the occasional what-if where Starlight is punished but this seems a bit much.

I've been wondering what your attitude about the season finale would be. Now I know. I have to say, considering how you wrote Starlight in the past, I'm not surprised.

Well, at least Starlight can't cause anymore trouble for Equestria. But after Halloween, she's going to just be discarded and tossed away somewhere, never to be seen again. That is truly a fate worse than death.

Oooo, this is COLD. :rainbowderp:
I like it! :pinkiecrazy:

I do feel bad for Starlight though. She was turning over a new leaf... :fluttercry:

I feel sad now. I know Starlight did a lot of evil deeds, but this story really makes me feel sorry about her. I mean, she gets turned into an Applejack Plush, and is going to be used for a Halloween costume.

She is going to suffer dearly in this world. Perhaps there could be a sequel to what shall happen to Starlight? Pretty sure this isn't going to end well. Plus, there is bound to be way for her to get back to Equestria. Nothing's impossible. It could happen. But, if that were to happen, I would expect that Starlight will have an emotional breakdown for what Twilight and her friends did to her. And I am not sure if she would get back into the room she was in with Twilight or she might get teleported into a field somewhere close to where Ponyville is located.

Also, this is a great story you made.

On the side note, I think you inspired me to make my own Starlight Glimmer fic.

6680742

Nope. I'm concerned about her, too, West.

Slap a dark tag on dat fic. :rainbowderp: Oh. You already did. :moustache:

Something straight out of "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream".

I get that Starlight's reformation was rushed, and yes, she can be dangerous, but the implications here are just so damn dark.

Now although the displaced thing has gone on for far too long, there are some good ones out there, as long as you get past the fact that many are harder to follow than ASOIAF/GoT

This needs to be a full length story....

6688170 Season 6 felt rushed when Starlight was involved! Especially in the Season 6 ending!
:twilightsmile: "Starlight Glimmer, you changed so much!"

:raritywink: "Yeah, it is not like you mind controlled us to get out of work recently."

And don't get me started on Thorax. We see him once, the second time around his wings gained a glitter shine to them, then he turns into some ugly moose thing, & that new form made him king of the changelings or whatever.

:facehoof: I believe Starlight's magic is affecting the TV show itself. Like we thought we returned to the original Equestria but we still didn't and the map doesn't work fully in this new universe.

Did Starlight turn into nothing but stuffing? Like is the girl turning the AJ plush into a part of her cowgirl costume going to dismember/gut so much of Starlight Glimmer? :pinkiesick: Now I feel sick.

And they will find an hogtied alien equine inside... After aproximately 6 days... Still alive but almost starved...
What will happen after you dont need to know *wearing sunglasses and holding a futuristic looking apparatus* please look here mam and mister *ZAP* there is no small horse cursing little girls being deported in a black van by the MIB you found a pony doll with drugs inside the police took for safekeeping...
Now I wish for a sequel with MIB... Huh..
Nice story.
J

this makes no sense at all

8996339
You make no sense at all.

Those filthy traitors.

Login or register to comment