• Published 23rd Apr 2012
  • 10,279 Views, 390 Comments

My Little Dashie: Fourth Times the Charm - PonyManne215



These. These are my final years with Dashie and on Equestria.

  • ...
41
 390
 10,279

Transcendence

20 years later

The front door slammed shut with a light kick of her hind leg, after a tiresome day’s work at the weather factory as manager, Rainbow Dash sought a nap. Stretching her wings, she made her way her bedroom.
Rainbow Dash had been all alone for years now, her friends all passing into the great afterlife after living a long, fun, joyful, and loving life. She was the youngest of them all, giving her more time on Equestria. Now with all of her closest friends gone, she was living a sad life. The occasional visits from the grown up and disbanded Cutie Mark Crusaders gave her some joy in life.
She saw the note that rested on the book shelf, the letter that he wrote to her on his deathbed. She took it out of it's stand and laid down on the couch. In pencil, the letter reads:

“Dashie, I know your memory isn’t what is used to be and your hearing is going, that is why I am writing this in a note. I raised you from a filly into the mare that you are today, in a world that wasn’t meant for you. For half a year you were without me, taken from me and put where you belong, but not with who you belong: Me. For those six months not a single day went by that I didn’t think about you, not a single second went by that I didn‘t think about you. After four and a half months when I arrived in Equestria for the first time, my only thoughts were to find my daughter, my little Dashie. Only to be sent back to Earth for another month and a half.

When I woke up in the clearing near the lake, I began to look for you. I found you, crying, I knew that we’d be together forever. I still remember all of our adventures together, my wings, learning how to fly, your races and performances, our mutual dreams, flying together. I still remember your fillyhood on Earth, your first bath, first words, doodles and drawings, our baking mishaps, your first preened feathers, getting your cutie mark. I remember it all, I will never forget. Dashie, I’ve lived a good life, but my time has come, I’m an old man now, everybody has to die eventually. Do not be sad, because I will be waiting for you up there until your time comes, but do not make me wait too long. As the old wise saying goes, ‘don't cry because the good times are over. Smile because they happened.’

I will be watching you, whispering advice in your ear, if you ever need me, just know that I am a part of you; we can still share dreams, remember that, and never forget your old man. I hope you had a good life, because I know I did.
Love, Dad.”

The letter brought tears to the now ex-speedster’s glaucoma ridden eyes. As Rainbow Dash made her way to the bed, she could not help but shed a few tears in remembrance of her father once more. Dash fell asleep, still remembering her times with her Pops. That night she flew with her father again in her dreams before succumbing to peaceful release.

Dashie was in the sky, just not the one that she was accustomed to. This sky seemed endless, and almost golden. Before her were her best friends, all back to their young selves. They seemed to be gleaming with joy. The sight was heavenly. She herself was once again young. All of the age and impairments had washed away like stains of dirt. Suddenly, a voice spoke up behind her, each word like a beautiful symphony to her ears.

“Hello Dashie, it’s been a while.”

“Heya Pops. Yeah, it has been a while. How’s it been?”

“Oh, you know. Same shit, different day.”

Done by the great writer EpicBG who wrote the terrific second sequel to My Little Dashie. His collaboration has given all of you that happy ending for Brian that you so rightfully deserved. And with this final chapter and glimpse, so concludes the life of Dashie and Brian.

Comments ( 149 )

To everybody that isn't PonyManne215, I initially wrote this as a bittersweet epilogue for the threequell. After some thought, I came to the conclusion that it would be unfair to publish because I had a strange feeling that people would want to continue on where I left off, but I kept it saved anyways - guess it was a good thing that I listened to my gut.

http://oppositebros.deviantart.com/art/Life-With-Dash-261931783

Fun Fact: This chapter was based off of that image, and it was also where I got the idea for Dad's name.

Thank you for posting this. :twilightsmile:

631761
Thank God you did too. I wasn't sure if I should have left it like that or something then you came along to save the day with this awesome epilogue. :yay:

Are the ponies that old? In my head they were late 20's.

Yay, happy ending.

632407
No, this is like 50 or so years later. EpicBG wrote this because the picture that he gave a link to showed a very old and tired Rainbow Dash. I'd imagine close to death. :applejackunsure:

632407 They are said to be old enough to live on their own, but still young enough that they are not fully matured. (Word of Lauren Faust.) I took that as anywhere from 16 - 24.

Feel free to change it to whatever you think that it should be. This wasn't really supposed to have an exact place in the timeline aside from that it's at the end - or rather a new beginning. I only used twenty years because that's what it said in the image, but I would have to agree with you that it's probably well over twenty years.

I am very happy it ended this way and though i thought it was a bad idea, This truly made me happy when reading it and I can't think of any other way to end it PonyManne215 you have made a great story :ajsmug:. but i still got teary when Brian died:fluttercry:

Thank you for ending it this way... it was beautiful....:fluttercry:

634195 I agree Twilight. PonyManne... very good job, ive said thus multiple times now, but you arean amazing writer, I loved all 20 chapters. The ending, chapter 19, for me, was the best. Can't wait for more of your writings

listen you are a wonderful writer but this book needs to be edited, lengthed and have more emotion in it, plus you never explain what those shadowed creatures are or if forest is a human to me this seems like a rushed ending and the chapters are rushed as well it feels to me that you did not enjoy writing this book but in stead wanted to get it done and over with at first you showed talent but it quickly crumbled away as the chapters got short sign off daniel

632414

So sad. :pinkiesad2:

Happy-sad.

635610
somewhere mid-way, it got al ittle tedious, but after the middle, I got my mood back. Not sure what you meant by lacking emotion. Anyway, for the chapter lengths, any thing above 1500 was fairly sized to me, anything below usually meant that I was busy that day and had to get something out. So for those, I just used the ideas I had in my mind, albeit kernels more than entire thoughts. For the Forest character, you have to read deathtap's The Problem With Magic. I specifically state that in the description. As for the shadow creatures, they are death in a sense. Just embodied visions of what death in my mind appears to be. But I mostly left that up to the reader to decide on their own.

img.ponibooru.org/_images/a6e09e0c37062efd29be300989e48823/128582%20-%20animated%20applause%20citizen_kane%20clapping%20clopping%20covered_by_122077%20duplicate%20ponified%20rarity.gif
Well, I must say this is exactly what I'd hoped as an ending. You did an incredible job at finishing the story and still leaving the ending open for the readers imagination. I honestly can't see why 25+ people down voted this...

It's seems he was the most honored brony In equestria even I'n other fan fics story's of human who fal to ponyville , he lived the brony dream to live and die I'n . "This is godofwar88 the fanfic critic":moustache:

637234
I'd go with trolling. People love to do it :trollestia:

642898
It's k. I meant it to be saddening forever :pinkiesad2:

The 28 people who voted you down will never know the greatness of this fanfiction. I am very proud of how well you handled those bullies and how well done this fanfiction really is. I've been here since the beginning and am quite pleased with the ending.

Only one question, what of Forest? Seriously, are we EVER going to know if he is human or not?

Anyways, great story. Thank you for writing it.

See ya later!

I'm going to read it later, but do not have time now. I had asked originally to write the fourth (Asked EpicBG, ROB, and ty) but when I released it, I had noticed it had been hacked and re-written by my friend. When I tried to re-post, it wouldn't let me. So I thank you for continuing the series, and I hope this isn't that sad!

Haha, I put the thing I was supposed to do beside me and read the first chapter. Now I have to go do it. The first chapter is very well written, though, and by the comments, I can already tell that it's going to be a great, sad story.

Wheres the epilogue, this the most bitter sweet fanfic i ever read. :fluttercry:

670776
Transcendence is the epilogue...unless you meant someing else?

742517
Yeah, I wrote it because I noticed that the first one was sad without a doubt but the other two, which were still as good, were more for relief. They had a happy feeling to it. So I decided to write this to end it on a sad note.

no i refuse i refuse to :raritycry:nooooooooooooooooo:raritycry::pinkiecrazy:you know what you know what im gonna do im going to continue this story from the part where celestia tels him he can become a pony and live a happy life with dashie thats what il do yessssh ha ha bwahahahahahaha:pinkiecrazy:

There is only one thing left to do. My Little Dashie: Afterlife.

Tell the 27 people to go ..... Better Not say it here.:rainbowhuh:

It's nice to see another great writer contribute to this amazing series.

I enjoy your writing as much as i enjoyed the other's before you. keep up the awesome job.

P.S. all those haters are just jealous. :moustache:

818683
I'd say they looked like cartoons because if you ever see the fan-made pictures, Dashie is a cartoon in the real world. For the MLP show, I guess it was coincidence?

You should make an alternate ending where he chooses to become a pony andd lives longer with Rainbow Dash:rainbowlaugh:

No offense but I, TheAJD200 made My Little Dashie 4 FIRST!:flutterrage: It's copyrights. I can block you and call the cops!!!!!:twilightangry2::flutterrage: &@#!

821599 Actually. In the sequel it said that because of RD and Brian that the time zones got closer. From what I can remember, it said that 1 day = 1 1/2 weeks before he was in Equestria forever. Also, about the 'coincidence' about the show. The multiverse theory said that if it's been thought up of, then it exist. So that would mean because the creators of MLP thought up of it, it has its own alternate universe in which it exist.


P.S. It's funny how I didn't cry through the whole story. But then I look at the picture EpicBG posted in the comments and then I start bawling

I wonder if I should get my friend to make a scene of Brian and Dashie in the after life? The golden sky and clouds? I'll probably suggest it to him! ;)

822517
:trixieshiftright: Actually, I started this on April 22. I just read your take and it was started five days after. You are wrong, sir. But in seriousness, if your story was published, I would've left this idea alone. But seeing as how it hasn't reached the 1k word requirement yet...sorry but that's not me but your fault. I'll tell you one thing though, that 1k word thing is a pain. And don't you think you're taking this the wrong way? I've had plenty of other people who had the same story ideas as I have published but they accepted it rather calmly..so..::applejackunsure:

818683 i shall try my best...........

827929
Everyone has their opinions. If he didn't feel some of the lines wouldn't be used or was forced, then I agree. In my opinion, I did make some of the conversation awkward but this was my first fic. But thanks for liking the quote. It was something that I was proud of inventing.

488989 sup dude saw just saw your name in youtube
idk why they hating either

830000
Oh! It actually works! I never actually thought that using them on a deviantart pic would work! Still, thanks! :)

830000
Yeah, when I saw that pic, I was like :fluttercry:, then I thought about using it as the new cover page, and I was like :applejackunsure: since the one guy did a reading already, it wouldn't make sense to change the picture out of nowhere.

832850
What? He did another so soon? Oh and I guess that he didn't pick on up on the fact that he was unseen to his past, huh?

When I look at Rainbow Dash now i can't see the arrogant, cocky pony I saw in the TV show, but instead, I see something else, something that I just can't find the right words to use to describe this...
I thank all of you who contributed in the My Little Dashie series (except those clopfic creepers:rainbowlaugh:)
Sincerely,
~Xaiden>>631761

610744 Im doing that.

825381:facehoof: :twilightsheepish: sorry But the problem to me was just ! started this whole thing in march I did nothing until April and it seemed like you were copying me. No hard feeling?

834873
No prob man, I'd feel pretty mad of someone took my thunder but I want to tell you I didn't copy off of you. I was like religious about the three MLDs for a week and a half until I decided to just write one. Don't worry though, there's a big difference between ours. I kept him as a human while you turned him into a pony, right? And that would make him younger...see where I'm going?

ok, first comment by me on this one. don't know the plot, so this may actually happen, but if not, the fifth one should have him close to passing and the only way to stay with dashie is to be transformed into a pony.

837135
Well, TheAJD200 is doing that basically as a fourth MLD. In his, Brian turns into a pony. That is not what happens in this one. So read the whole thing and you'll find out what part about your comment is true.

i need an explanation. is rainbow dead? or is this still a dream? cause if she's not dead in this ending then it's all the more sad.
many tears were shed, most real tears. not these manly ones everyone's been talking about.

838074
Yeah, I thought that the description EpicBG gave was pretty clear, also the name of the chapter means to rise above something. I dont think she's rising above dreams, lol. But really, it means that she transcended life and into eternity. Thanks for reading!

885431
It's based on a pony or person's perspective and age.

I just love having back-ups to prove my claim.

In Flim Flam Brothers song,

Flim (non mustached one) goes up to Applejack and says:

"Young filly, I would be ever so honored if you might see fit to let my brother and I borrow some of your delicious, and might I add spell-bindingly fragrant apples for our little demonstration here?"

Though Applejack and the others are around......15-19, he called her filly. So in all, its more of a subjugated term like an old 80 year old would say "kid" to a 50 year old. Or a 39 year old would call a 21 year old "lad."

I applude you for giving me a tramendous installment and ending for the My little Dashie series. I just finished and I'm a bit, a bit hard to write. Oh god they died! :fluttercry: Thank you. Just thank you. They all went to heaven and lived together in the afterlife forever and ever. :scootangel:

:derpyderp1: I have a feeling that something is wrong and missing, but I can't put my hoof on it... But good ending.

Login or register to comment