• Published 23rd Apr 2012
  • 10,276 Views, 390 Comments

My Little Dashie: Fourth Times the Charm - PonyManne215



These. These are my final years with Dashie and on Equestria.

  • ...
41
 390
 10,276

Tears of Sadness

Pinkie and Dashie seemed upset that I told them to leave the room. In actuality, I needed some more time to soak this in. The whole news of dying and knowing when terrified me. What was I going to do now that my life has a number on it? There’s nothing much I can say either. I’m not sure how I am going to explain my final thoughts to Dashie, or the others.

I hear hoof steps trotting back and forth outside of the door. Suddenly, two more pairs came closer. “How’s Brian doin’?” Applejack’s voice was muffled under the door, but that accent was unmistakable. “Is he doing well? Perhaps we can have the Princess do something.” Twilight said with some hope.

The conversation was silenced after that. Dashie or Pinkie probably whispered to them the grave news. I could hear them crying outside. Suddenly, the door went flying open. Applejack had bucked the door open with her two strong hind legs. “This can’t be true! Ah can’t believe mah ears!” She along with Twilight ran to my bedside. “Brian, is this true?” Twilight said with a large glint of sadness in her eyes.

I couldn’t say anything, the shock still setting in. I nodded. They both jumped on the bed and hugged me. ‘Was I really this loved?’ The other two who had been with me earlier joined in. I felt like I was being suffocated. This type of suffocation, however, was out of love. I felt the warmth of all of their body heat enclosing me in a circle of love. If I could choose one way to die, it would be this way.

“I…..can’t…breathe!” I sputtered out. “Oh, sorry.” They all said as they backed off of me. They gave me a smile, but the smile didn’t convey the same feeling as their eyes. Their eyes were what told me what they were feeling. Though their mouths seemed to be happy, their eyes showed that they were in complete despair. They looked like their hearts had been torn out.

“It’s nothing girls, I knew that this time was coming sooner or later.” I tried to calm them down with my acceptance. I finally accepted that I would be stripped of my little Dashie and all of her wonderful friends. After all, every living thing gets their allotted time in life; no one can over live it. Well, anyone excluding the Princesses of course.

“T’ain’t fair! You can probably call up the Princess! She can help you out, Ah reckon.” Applejack reasoned. The rest of them nodded in agreement. “I can’t cheat Death himself girls. My time is almost up. We have to just accept that.” They all started crying when I said this, banging their hooves softly into my chest.

“Let’s not make this harder than it has to be. If one of you doesn’t mind, can you move the curtains? I want to look at the beauty of this world. I won’t get to do that much eventually.”Dashie and Pinkie complied. They moved the curtains and a bright flash of sunlight flooded the room. It was magnificent.

I felt like Celestia, herself, was shining the sun on this specific room. Like she knew what was going to happen. I could not but smile at the sight. The waves of the sun peaked the beauty of the ponies around me. I felt something was wrong; they didn’t have their special someponies in their lives.

In my old age and current predicament, I guess any questions I asked wouldn’t be too absurd. “So girls, do you have anypony special in your lives?” “I got you Pops.” I laughed at this. Dashie was being sweet. “Not in that way, honey. I mean someone to, you know?” Dashie looked down at the floor. I knew that her answer would be Soarin’.

Applejack spoke up. “Sorry to say but no, not really. Ah got no colt or stallion to help me buck apples that ain’t family.” “Same here, Brian. I guess I don’t have any time to do so while reading and studying.” Everypony including me looked at Pinkie. She smiled and shook her head. “Nope!” She said carefree.

Applejack had a coy smile on her face. “What about Forest?” We all nodded our heads. Forest was obviously close to Pinkie. “Yeah, whats up with that Pinkie. So you gonna hit the hay with him or what?” Dashie asked inquisitively. “Perhaps they already did?” Twilight blurted out.

We laughed at this, only interrupted by damned coughing. “Take it easy, Dad.” “Well anyways, that ain’t important. We gotta focus on you now, ya hear?” A loud crashing noise from outside stopped our conversation. Twilight pointed her hoof out the window. “Speaking of Forest, there he is.” They all looked, chuckling a bit, and then turned to me.

They told me how he had crashed into a tree, face first, while practicing for the tryouts for some team that Dashie was upset about. They left the room leaving me and Dashie alone. “Dad?” “Yeah?” “Can I go with you?” I did a double take at her. I wasn’t sure I heard her right. “Wait what?” She started twiddling her hooves.

“We both know that I can’t live without you, Dad. I thought about this while I was outside and I was thinking I could ‘join’ you.” “Are you suggesting?…” We both knew what it was without saying the actual word. Suicide. This was such a horrible thing. “No Dashie, no even think like that, let alone talk like it. I don’t want you to ever think about that again, you hear me young lady?”

She nodded as her eyes were shooting streams of tears. She buried her face into my chest. I could feel a lake of tears soak my shirt. “I do-n-n’t want you t-to go, D-d-dadd-y-y!” Her voice was muffled under my shirt, but what she said was loud and clear. “It’s alright, everythings going to be okay.” I lied to her. My heart felt like it was being set on fire.

I could hear sniffling coming from the doorway. I drove my attention to it, seeing all of the ponies had come back, with one extra. Soarin’ came into the room and bowed his head in respect. They all surrounded me for the remainder of the evening. They stayed until visiting hours were over. They all left, not before wishing me luck or saying something that was followed by a memory.

Everyone left except Dashie, who hid under the covers next to me. The lights shut off and we prepared to sleep. She gripped my arm tightly, cuddling it and kissing it. “Good night Dashie.” “Good night Daddy.”

We went to sleep. The soothing sound of silence made my subconscious calm itself. I was floating in mid-air. This floating was interrupted by a sudden ‘thump’ as I landed on my two feet. The road ahead of me was long but relaxing. I walked, feeling more life filling me with each step. The landscape was beautiful, almost like it was back on Earth. I felt no worries at this moment. I closed my eyes while walking.

“We told you that we would win.” Multiple whispering voices said all around me. They were the same ones from before. They were the Darkness, or ‘Legion’, the name it called itself by. “Just leave alone!” I yelled while running faster. I heard the bricks behind me fall into a hole of some sort, getting closer with each few inches. I turned my head and the road behind me was disappearing. I was just a few feet away before it would fall underneath my legs.

“We said we would take you. Strip you of your foolish love. Of everything you hold dear.” I kept running. I could hear a sinister cackling emerge. “WE SAID WE WILL HAVE YOU. YOU CANNOT ESCAPE US NOW. YOU WILL BE OURS FOREVER. VERY SOON, YES, VERY SOON.” The voices were now yelling, ripping the sound barriers of the air. I felt like my ears were bleeding from the very noise. The screeching sound that was everywhere was rising every passing second.

My foot gave way as I tumbled down. The floor beneath me vanished as I fell into an infinite chasm of darkness. The black abyss would take me and swallow me whole. As I saw the last few bricks fall down, the voice whispered.

“Dark slumber awaits…..”