• Published 5th Sep 2014
  • 12,597 Views, 2,033 Comments

Where Is My Love? - TheMyth



Two hearts yearning for near a decade. Will fate let these two ponies meet once more... and what is it hiding from one of them?

  • ...
38
 2,033
 12,597

Epilogue - Ten Years Later...

Author's Note:

Compliments of Lucky424... Enjoy :derpytongue2:

Running through the dark forest, a single unicorn mare galloped hard, fearing for her life. With the thick canopy above she couldn’t find anyway to see the stars to navigate, the creatures pursuing her moving impossibly fast in the night and relentless in their chase.

Finally breaking into a clearing, she looked up to get her bearings, turning slightly to her left,the east, and began running again, a grin smile coming to her face; soon she’d reach a small fishing village where she had a vessel moored. She had just made it to the treeline when she skidded to a halt, having seen a single golden eye in front of her reflecting the moonlight. She knew what kind of creature it was, and was deathly afraid of them, as most ponies who ran from them would be.

Something else tackled her from the side, and she was rolled over several times. When she came to a stop and her vision stopped swimming, she looked up into a pony’s snarling, fang-filled jaw. Knowing there was no way out, even though the pony that had her pinned was half her size, she let her head fall to the ground, her eyes focusing upon a slowly moving stallion.

“For an older mare, you certainly can run,” Deadeye said with a chuckle, slipping an anti-magic ring on the mare’s horn. “And I must say I am impressed... ten years it took me to find you.” Pulling out a piece of parchment from his armour, his cleared his throat and read aloud. “Shimmer Spark, for crimes against the Equestrian government, the use of forbidden blood magic... and masterminding the murders of Lady Silver Lining and Prince Noble Heart, I am here to carry out your sentencing,” Deadeye said as the younger Katakan leaned closer with a growl.

"Equestria has no death penalty," Shimmer shouted, causing the elder stallion to chuckle again. "At the very most, I'll get life!"

"Yes, well... a royal pardon has been issued," Deadeye remarked, a feeling of grim anticipation filling him as the mare began to smile. "Oh, it's not for you... it's for him."

“The Platinum-Hooves send their regards,” the young Katakan said, then, with a nod from Deadeye, bit down on her neck and twisted his jaw, being rewarded by a sickening crack. The Katakan then moved to sit next to the elder one as two other Lunar Corps ponies took the ex-pony away.

"Good, clean kill there, colt,” Deadeye said, ruffling the other pony’s mane. “Come, let us get back before we are late.”

“Late for what, father?” the colt asked.


Dinky stood still as Rarity put the finishing touches to her mane, then floated the white lace veil over the younger unicorn's head. There was a few solid but gentle taps to the door, Dinky taking a deep breath before nodding to her best mare, Twist, who opened the door.

A single unicorn stallion entered the room, walking over and giving the young mare in white a loving nuzzle. The group of mares slowly filtered out, until one extra remained. She kept her eyes locked with the stallion as she walked backwards, standing in the hall with the door handle in her magic.

“If you make her cry and ruin her make up, not even Celestia will be able to help you, BB.”

“That's right, I won't do a thing, my dear nephew,.” commented the solar princess as she trotted past the room.

Blueblood nodded in supplication to Rarity, also pleading with his eyes to his aunt, who was stood just behind the alabaster unicorn, then the door was closed. Turning back to the young mare left alone with him, Blueblood sat down and smiled at her, wrapping a foreleg around her and pulling her close. “I never thought I'd see this day, but I want to say something I will never tire of saying; Dinky, my beautiful daughter, I love you.”

“I love you too, daddy.”

“Now, are you sure you want to go through with this. I'm sure we could still find somepony amongst the nob-” He was cut off by a hoof being put over his muzzle, Dinky giving him a death glare and looking just like her mother.

“Firstly, I love Pip. Secondly, mom wasn't a noble when you married her, was she?” Dinky pulled her hoof away and stared at her father with a raised eyebrow, the stallion giving a deep sigh.

“No... No, she isn't. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. Just like I love your mother, you love that young stallion.” Both ponies’ ears pricked as music started playing, Blueblood moving near the door and offering his daughter a foreleg. “Now then, shall we get you wed?”

As they left the room, they were met by another pony, who bowed to both unicorns. Standing back up, Deadeye allowed a small smirk to show when Dinky threw her forelegs around his neck, giving him a peck on the cheek. “Uncle D, you made it!”

“Fell beast from Tartarus rampaging would not keep me away,” the Katakan replied, waiting to be released from the mare’s grip before standing on her left, as Blueblood was on her right, Deadeye just a bit behind the unicorns. The then trio began the march into Canterlot castle’s throne room.

Comments ( 42 )

Wonderful finish to one of the best stories here! :twilightsmile:
Well done to both you (sorry, forgot to mention Lucky, too) and Unique for creating this version of BB & the rest of the cast.

This was nice little finish to the story, still, doesn't stop me from wanting a followup though.

One of the best treatments of Blueblood that I have read. I am also glad that murdering, two faced, #%@& [ word removed as too insulting to diamond dogs everywhere] got her just reward.

Over? How can this be?

This was a very nice read. Thank you for making it.

*Stands and starts clapping* Simply beautiful!

Would have been nice to see Dinky's brother older but otherwise great conclusion:pinkiehappy:

Yay. Resolution. :D

Ah, this was a good fic, oh yes it was. Almost sad to see it finish, but done it is.

Andas usual I've no respect for the half-baked handlings of Celestia and Luna, even more so with how their lack of forthought to actually remove the blood magic's knowledge from the individuals allowed it to spread, and even more so their favouritism for blood relations.
Yet more trumped up nobles, simple to powerful to counter, regardless of their intent.

...so, was Shimmer Spark the mother of Diamond Tiara? It was hinted at, but never stated outright one way or the other.

8199523 8199607 8199609 8199648 8199664 8199814 8199976 8200011 8200214 8200316 Time will tell more...
The four ponies who held the torches started to step forward at the same time, three of them Katakans and the last a unicorn. They reached the logs and as one lowered their torches and placed them in, waiting for the flames to catch before stepping back. Looking to his left and right at the other nocturnal creatures, Deadeye nodded and lifted his head, a mournful howl echoing into the dusk, Cloudburn and Riptide following a moment later, and they were soon joined in by the entire Lunar Corps who were not on duty, hundreds of Katakans stood in line in every available space.

8200075 That was an oversight on my part.

A lovely epilogue to a great story. Also a nice way to close off the one unresolved thread. A huge danger has been dealt with, and then, focus shifted to another extremely happy scene.

I am a bit surprised about Blueblood saying anything about finding Dinky someone from the nobility... as if he didn't learn anything over the years.
Unless he was just pretending to be serious. I wouldn't be surprised there :rainbowlaugh:

So, one chapter in life is over, and another one begins. Indeed a nice way to finish a story :twilightsmile:

This was a fun story, despite the occasional hiatus. I'm glad to see happy endings for a lot of characters. Honestly if there was another story for this universe I wouldn't mind reading it.

8200862
We've got a few planned... we will let you all know as soon as we finish a few chapters :derpytongue2:

8201448
Good to know. I'll be off doing some lite dusting over in the Longingverse while I wait. :raritywink:

Great story, love it. I would have added pip and dinky kissing to seal the wedding.

I just finished chapter 6 and I can say this story is super good and as a sequel you should be vary happy as it stays true to the original story.

I wonder abaut how Deadeye's son is named. Also: having a 10- year old colt murder somepony is intresting. Katakans can't grow up so fast unless they are naturally very feral from birth...

such a sweet story, I would tell any and every one that looks at the story it is a must read,
I love this story so much,

I imagine Prince Cloud was one of the flower colts at the wedding :O. Well, that was a fun fic I guess.

Now for DaringBlood

I'm sorry but I feel like I got cheated. The epilogue marred what was a marvelous story.

This was a nice (and decently long) follow up to a short with an interesting premise. Have a like and a fave, why don't you?

Though I was a bit disappointed with how that loose end was wrapped up in the end. Felt rather rushed. We don't really see that particular character in the story overmuch

TBH, for a while I thought Breezy Haze was Shimmer or whatever her name was. I mean, it could have been an illusory appearance, and her name 'Haze'. She could have interfered with the investigation in subtle ways, I thought.

8476326
In Rarity's case, I think it's more the fact that Amber thinks she's putting on airs. She lives in a 'backwater town' and doesn't deserve to interact with nobility.

There are scenes in this story that aren't consistent and/or rational. Though at least in the case of Amber Vain, we can simply write them off as her being not a little unhinged.

Melody is very sweet. I just wanted to give her a big hug. Her mother was a massive anus who got off way too easy IMO.

Oh, and I've taken to calling this 'series' (bit generous a term for a short + 1 full length story, but eh) 'Lost Love'.

8354962
Sorry for the late reply on this one! Meant to, must have slipped my mind.

Sweetie's horn didn't exactly explode. It was more like a surge of magic after finding out who Blueblood was and recalling how Rarity was treated by him.

As for Pinkie, that was the 'deep' magic of Equestria talking to her. Usually only ponies who have lived a long time (such as Celestia and Luna) can hear it, but as well all know, Pinkie is a little... different.

8856822
Tl:Dr version is because of the blood magic. I just woke up so will try to explain it more later.

8856822
Blood magic is fickle thing...

Lucky will explain since he's the one who came up with the concept of it in this story :twilightsmile:

8856822 Okay, here we go, even if a little late. Because the blood magic sealed her 'soul', for lack of a better word, inside her body, and even though her mental age remained the same as the ritual. Whilst true, they could have forcibly age regressed her both with the use of the Alicorn Amulet, or indeed any other powerful artifact, they had to consider the possible mental stress of being put through such a procedure, as the part of the blood ritual that locked Melody away would have fought against it. It might have killed her. So in the end it was decided this was the safest route. Is it fair? No. it is not, but that's the real truth of the world, life isn't fair. Discord did add something in to help, which allows her mental age to progress faster than a normal foal, so she should match her mental and physical age within about 5 years.


8868817
https://derpibooru.org/1179997 One image of the wedding, no idea where Myth got the other one from.

9202187
First off, gonna address the 17 and 28 thing. I'm going to guess something along the lines of 'not 18 so not legal'? Well, in many countries, the legal age of consent for sex is 16, with quite a few being lower. Nigeria is 11. I mean, just take a look at this; https://www.quora.com/Why-does-everyone-think-that-the-age-of-consent-in-the-United-States-is-18

Also, you're close. At this point Melody is 38, but Blueblood is 35, he's a little younger than her.

So, to the point, I think you're saying here that it wasn't legal, when, in fact, it was.

9590355
Forgive me... My phone acted up and did crazy things... Am sorry


By the way awesome story can't stop reading again and again

9590361
Couldn't have done this without my good friend Lucky424

Little abrupt ending... but that's only because I never want to see good stories end. Marvelous work.

So... where’s the sequel?

10190493
Technically, prequel. and we're working on it.

10194959
Well... prequel, alongside and sequel. It's gonna be a BIG fic!

10195064
Well, that’s a lot more encouraging! I tend to dislike seeing character growth reversed for prequels. And at this point, I’m quite invested in the new royal family.

10965165
Yeah, otherwise his search, plus this story would have been much longer!

10965168
In a way I reckon half our readers expected.

10965194
I'm sure you'll agree he makes up for it.

10965207
At the time of writing, I was behind on the show and hadn't encountered her mother. As it is, I think our plan is to have somepony else be her actual mother, but I'd have to confirm with Myth if that's still the direction we're going.

10965212
Twilight was mad cos sure, Rarity is her friend, but she's known Blueblood since she was a little filly. I think she'd be madder at him otherwise.

10965226
There have been plenty of stories where they fight, or get together. We thought we'd go a different route and see what would happen if they talked about it instead. As to the unknown pony... ha.

10965496
Indeed, but Blossom doesn't know that.

10965507
We weren't trying to justify everything he did at the Gala, but I think Myth's idea here was GS putting him through all that cos she knew who he was and what he did, and thought it'd be funny to let him carry out all those tasks.

10965514
Damn right!

10965519
Shhh, spoilers! I still haven't watched it!

10965525
Yes, but Blossomforth would use his title instead of his name as she doesn't know him herself.

10965532
I guess you liked that part!

10967494
It wasn't known to anyone else, except Pinkie Pie and Spike. Cos keeping secrets from Pinkie is like trying to stop chocolate melting in a desert.

Ok wow this was a pretty good story so it looks like 10 years past and it looks like they finally caught the one who started this whole mess Shimmer Spark and meanwhile it looks like dinky is finally getting married to her childhood friend pip after all these years once again this was a really good story and I really did like how you did with Prince Blueblood keep up the good work

10976335
The help of Twilight and her friends did not have much to do with the reunion. Twilight unknowingly guided Blueblood to derpy since the simple fact of having asked him to go get a package was what took him back to derpy and later to find out that dinky was his daughter. In addition, Twilight and her friends could do little since they did not know the name of the mare that blueblood was looking for although they knew derpy without knowing that blueblood was looking for derpy until Fluttershy was the first to realize that derpy was the mare that blueblood I was looking for.

What an amazing story... really fantastic

Would be amazing with a sequel, a what happened in does 10 year, or after, aswell as a side story with big Mac and twilight

Great story. I hope you will do a sequel sometime. Great work!! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment