• Published 5th Sep 2014
  • 12,571 Views, 2,033 Comments

Where Is My Love? - TheMyth



Two hearts yearning for near a decade. Will fate let these two ponies meet once more... and what is it hiding from one of them?

  • ...
38
 2,033
 12,571

Chapter 27

Author's Note:

Time skip! Two weeks

There is a scene in this chapter which some people may not like, but we invited several readers to look it over, and those that got back to us approved of it... enjoy.

With a shaky hoof, one pink filly poured some tea into a cup under an intimidating stallion's watchful gaze. "W-would you like some more, Mr Deadeye?" Diamond Tiara asked, trying to be brave and look him in his one eye, even if his mostly scary look was ruined by the pink curlers in his mane.

"No thank you, Miss Tiara," the stallion said, placing a hoof over his cup. "I have had enough." Giving him a nod, Diamond filled two more cups and slid them over to where two other fillies sat waiting. An awkward silence reigned for several minutes until the unicorn in the room took a sip of her drink, gave a happy sigh, then looked towards their host.

“Thank you for inviting Twist to tea, Diamond Tiara,” Dinky said, trying not to giggle at the stallion. When the poofy maned earth pony had entered Diamond’s room, none of them said anything, but all three joined in for some fun when Dinky picked up the first curler. “So, um, about your… change, may I ask what happened?”

Diamond said in thought for several minutes, surprising her guests by doing nothing to hide the tears that slowly crept down her cheeks. “My… birth mother came for me when you went away. She had something from the courts which gave her legal custody of me…”

“Forgive me for saying so,” Deadeye interrupted, cocking his head. “But you do not sound happy about that at all.”

“Well, I know now where I get being a bitch from,” Diamond said harshly, making the other two gasp at her casual use of such a term. “She only wanted me to increase her revenue, as she had just started a venture into foals’ clothes. Oh, and Di… Princess? Thank you, for approaching me in school the other day,” Diamond said, hoping she had corrected herself in time to avoid admonishment from the Katakan.

“You’re very welcome, Diamond,” Dinky replied, sharing a glance with Twist. “We’d noticed you and Silver Spoon didn’t seem to be hanging out as much, and thought you could do with a change of scenery. Oh, and call me Dinky. Leave that princess stuff for the stuffy ponies in Canterlot.”

A laugh, not hollow or fake, escaped Diamond Tiara, leaving Dinky with a bubbly feeling. As the three fillies fell about snickering, the door cracked open and a mare poked her head in. “The scones are cool enough now if you’d like some,” she said.

“Y-yes please,” Diamond managed to squeeze out between giggles, the amber-grey mare entering and setting down a tray of the baked treats, along with two small dishes; one contained clotted cream, the other strawberry jam. Glancing at Deadeye, the mare raised a hoof and covered her mouth, hobbling from the room on three legs so as to keep her mirth to herself. Getting herself under control first, Diamond Tiara grasped a knife in her fetlock, then noticed the inquisitive stares of the other fillies. “That was Ms Pommel. She and daddy have entered business with each other.”

“Excuse me, Miss Tiara,” Deadeye said, just as she was about to spread some jam on her scone. “But you are doing that wrong. Everypony knows it is cream first.”

“Maybe for a neanderpony such as yourself,” Diamond remarked with an eye roll, Dinky and Twist grinning at her. “Jam first, then cream!”

“Cream first!”

“Jam!”

“Cream!”

“Jam, and if you argue with me more, I’ll ask Dinky if we can give you a you a proper makeover!” Diamond said loudly, her guests’ smiles growing even larger as the stallion looked at them.

“...it’s still cream first.”

“Dinky, can we?” Diamond asked, getting a nod in return. The host of the day almost skipped as she made her way over to a large vanity and hopped onto the counter. She turned and waved the stallion towards her, but he just looked away, and it took Dinky grabbing him in her magic to get him where Diamond wanted him. “Now then… let’s make you pretty~!”


It had been two hours since Coco had taken the treats up to Diamond and her guests, even if one had been staying with them for a few days now. It was getting near dinner time, she had already ensured Filthy Rich was finished in his work, and was just about to go get the fillies when Deadeye walked into the kitchen.

Coco took one look at him and fell to the floor laughing, tears of mirth rolling from her eyes. Deadeye just sighed, flattening his ears. “The girls are just washing up,” he said flatly. “And yes, I know that orange lipstick and eyeshadow are my colours. Now excuse me whilst I go find a dark place in which to sulk.”

With that, he left the kitchen, pouting at the three giggling fillies that passed him on their way in.


“Still have the blindfold on, sweetie?” Blueblood asked Dinky as he walked down the main street of Ponyville, with the filly sitting on his back. The stallion turned his head slightly to see that his daughter was indeed still wearing the fabric over her eyes.

Dinky groaned as she reclined on Blueblood’s back. “It’s still on dad… where are we going exactly?” she asked him, but received only a chuckle from him. The filly huffed as she sat on his back, with her hoof etching closer to her blindfold.

“Don’t even think about it.”

How did he… Dinky sighed as she lowered her hoof, forming a frown as they continued onwards. “Dad, can’t you just tell me what the big surprise is?” she asked Blueblood.

“What kind of surprise would it be if I just told you what it was?” he asked Dinky rhetorically, receiving no answer from her. Just you wait Dinky, this one’s huge… Blueblood stopped when they reached their destination. "We're here sweetie... you can look now."

Finally! Dinky literally ripped the blindfold off her eyes, squinting them a little when the sun beamed down upon them. She got off from Blueblood’s back and looked up to where he was looking, only to see their house. “Dad… this is our home.”

“Notice anything different?” Blueblood asked Dinky, who in turn looked at the house thoroughly from where she was standing.

Dinky furrowed her brow as she tilted her head and continued to stare at the house. She raised her eyebrows when she looked up. “Hey… the house looks a little bigger…” she said as she counted the windows, another one being added to how many there were before. Dinky looked up to Blueblood, who smiled as he returned her gaze.

“Shall we go inside?” he asked his daughter, not waiting for an answer as he made his way towards the front door. Blueblood beckoned Dinky with his hoof, whilst maintaining a gentle smile on his muzzle. “Come on then, what are you waiting for?”

The filly shrugged as she walked towards the door, passing her father as she went inside. Everything looks the same... Her thoughts trailed off until her ears flickered when Blueblood’s voice emitted from behind.

"Why don't you try looking upstairs?" Blueblood suggested as he pointed to the stairs. With that, both father and daughter began their trek upstairs. When they reached the top, the stallion saw Dinky look around in confusion as she scratched her head. “Figured it out yet?” he asked the filly.

Wait! Dinky’s eyes dilated when she noticed that the top floor, was indeed bigger. She rushed to where her room was, but found two doors instead of one. “Dad… why are there two doors?” she asked Blueblood, but had a feeling she knew the answer already.

Blueblood chuckled as he pointed to the right door. “That’s your room, Dinky… and the other is a spare,” he replied, the filly proceeding to open the door leading to her room. The stallion was soon greeted to the sound of his daughter gasping, followed by a scream of delight as she looked around her new room.

The room itself was bigger, and everything was brand new in Dinky’s room. From the bed to the desk and even her wardrobe which she had opened to find new dresses in there. She turned her attention to the new bed, where her alicorn plushie was located. She giggled as she jumped onto the mattress, feeling the everlasting softness as she lay on it. Once the excitement died down, she looked around her room again to take in all the new features, until her eyes landed on her father.

“Well, what do you think?" Blueblood asked Dinky as he walked towards her. His answer came in the form of a gesture, when the filly embraced him and nuzzled against his neck as she hugged him.

"It's perfect!" Dinky replied as she looked up to meet Blueblood’s eyes. "Thank you daddy..." she said beamed at him, with her eyes tearing up as she sniffed.

Blueblood returned the smile with his own set of tears, proceeding to plant his lips on Dinky’s forehead. "Love you, sweetheart," he said and scooped her up to place her on his back again. "But we still got a lot of things to do... promised your mother we would meet her at Sugarcube Corner."

“Okay!” Dinky replied as she held onto Blueblood’s neck as he left the bedroom with haste. Once they were outside, the stallion decided to speed his trot up to a canter. He turned his head slightly to catch a glimpse of the filly’s smile as she rested her head against his mane.

As they reached Sugarcube Corner, Dinky jumped off her father’s back and looked around to see a few ponies walking by. "Hey... where's mom?" she asked Blueblood, who only shrugged in response.

"Most likely inside..." Blueblood replied as he simply smiled and pointed a lazy hoof to the door.

Dinky blinked before she sighed and went inside, only to be greeted by darkness. The way behind her became dark too as the door shut tight, leaving her in the abyss. “Hey, where’s the light?” she asked out loud. She walked back a little to try and find the switch to the lights, fumbling her hooves on the wall. When she finally found it, she turned the lights on.

“Surprise!”

The filly yelped as she jumped in the air, turning her head in all directions to see the room filled with ponies. She looked up to see a banner with the words ‘Happy Birthday Dinky!!!’ written in glittering ink. As she absorbed the sight, she felt a gentle hoof rest upon her back, causing her to turn around to be faced with her parents who were looking down upon her with gentle smiles plastered on their faces.

“Happy Birthday, Dinky…” Derpy said as she nuzzled her daughter softly, soon joined by her fiance who nuzzled both of them.

Dinky was speechless as she looked up to her parents. Just as she was about to say something, her ears flickered to the sound of foals calling her name. She turned to the source, finding her friends waving at her next to a giant cake. She quickly turned her attention to her parents, who nodded as they knew what she was about to ask.

“Go on ahead, Dinky… we’ll be right here,” Blueblood said to his daughter, who immediately ran towards the group of foals. The stallion’s eyes drifted to Derpy, whose eyes were misty as she looked upon her daughter being with her friends. The unicorn proceeded to nuzzle her cheek, earning a smile from her.

Just as Derpy was about to say something to her stallion, a pink mare’s head suddenly appeared in the space between Blueblood’s and hers, causing the pegasus to yelp in shock. “Pinkie! Don’t do that!” she reprimanded the earth pony, who cocked her eyebrows in confusion.

“Do what?” Pinkie asked Derpy.

“Nevermind…” Derpy replied as she shook her head.

Pinkie beamed as she giggled at the couple before her. “So what do you think about this party huh!? Cheesy and I really tried our hardest to make this the bestest birthday party for Dinky. Especially with what she’s been through lately, poor girl must have been so sad! I just hope this will help her with recovery and—” the mare became silent when Derpy pushed her hoof against the earth pony’s muzzle.

“It’s perfect Pinkie,” Blueblood said when Derpy removed her hoof from the earth pony. “I couldn’t have asked for better…” he trailed off when he looked around the room. “Where is Cheese by the way?” he asked her.

“Over there!” Pinkie pointed to the foals, who were currently being entertained by Cheese Sandwich’s antics. “Oh! Did I tell you we’re living together now?!” she asked Blueblood and Derpy, who in turned stared at her in disbelief. Just as the couple were about to exchange words with the party mare, Applejack came towards them wearing a wide smile on her muzzle..

“Hey Blue… so what did yer girl think about her new room?” Applejack asked the stallion as she stood alongside her friends whilst enjoying an apple crumble she was holding with her front hoof. Good thing we were able to finish decoratin’ the rooms given how much time we had…

Blueblood chuckled as he nodded. “You should have seen the look on her face, she was over the moon…” the stallion replied as he turned to look at Dinky speaking to her friends, and standing awfully close Pip.

“And now we get down to business!” Pinkie interjected as she furrowed her brows, with a gleeful grin forming on her muzzle. “The wedding."

I knew she would bring it up... Blueblood sighed as he nodded his head. "We want the wedding to be soon. If you mares want to help, that be very—"

"What do you mean 'if we want to help'?!" Pinkie blurted as she frowned at Blueblood. "We're definitely going to make this the best wedding ever, right Applejack!?" she asked her friend, who nodded in agreement. “Buuut I think Derpy and Blueblood should help Dinky opening up presents now,” Pinkie interjected as she dragged the couple towards the filly, who was still being entertained by Cheese Sandwich. When the filly was scooped up by her mother, she was placed on the grey pegasus back and carried towards her presents, with her stallion following behind her.

As Derpy lifted Dinky from her back, she placed her on the ground where all were stacked and grouped together. Soon the filly’s friends came to her side as she lifted the first present that lay right in front of her, which came from Twilight. The filly carefully opened it to reveal a book with the title “Foal Magic, Basic and Advanced Spells First Edition”. The filly beamed as she held onto it, tempted to begin reading it right there. She stopped however, as she knew she had other presents to open.

“Thank you, Twilight…” Dinky said to the alicorn, who stood alongside Big Macintosh as they watched Dinky open up another present. The filly tittered when she saw this present came from her Pip, and it felt really light. She unwrapped it carefully and smiled broadly at what she saw, which was a pink scarf.

She held the pink scarf in her hooves, which was soft to the touch. Dinky noticed a few rough edges on the clothing and looked at Pip curiously. “I made it myself,” he shrugged as he looked away. He was soon brought into a hug by his fillyfriend, followed by a soft nuzzle.

“Pip, you’re the best...” Dinky said and planted her lips against his cheek, giggling at the blush that began to form on the colt’s face. The filly turned around and made her way to the presents again, unaware of the goofy grin the colt was emitting on his muzzle. Her eyes caught glimpse of a rather small present that lay alone from the group of presents, with a letter attached to it. She took hold of it and opened the letter.

“A gift from…” Dinky squinted her eyes as she read the letter that was attached to the present. “Auntie Tia and Auntie Lulu!” she beamed as she opened the package, finding a black box inside it. She opened the lid carefully, and gasped.

“What is it Dinky?” Diamond Tiara asked her friend, looking to her side where Pip and Twist were. All three friends looked into the box that the unicorn filly was still holding, their jaws agape when they saw the contents.

A pendant rested at the bottom of the box. The pendant itself was decorated with a turquoise gem, that seemed to be glowing dimly. Dinky reached a hoof inside and picked it up carefully, inspecting it as she admired its beauty. “Wow! It’s pretty!” she beamed as she tried it on, looking down upon it as it rested against her chest.

That’s a runekey... Blueblood thoughts raced as he stared at the pendant his daughter was holding. It seems my aunts have decided there is a treasure now worth using one… and it will make finding Dinky if she is taken again much easier.


"...and worse, you show no remorse," Luna said out loudly, glaring down at the blue stallion before her. She was seated upon her throne, the one next to her empty, and the room was filled with ponies; nobles, commoners, legal workers... and a lot more guards than necessary. "You should be thankful, Storm Pyro, that my sister has changed several laws. Once upon a time, killing a member of the royal family would have seen you gutted and paraded through the city streets with your entrails hanging out."

The gathered audience shuddered at the thought, some of the guards joining them, whilst Storm Pyro met Luna's gaze with calm apathy. The few Katakans in the throne room simply grinned at the mental image. "Death Is too good for the likes of you," Luna continued, standing up. "Therefore you shall receive life imprisonment, with no chance of parole, but that is not all. Where your sentence will be carried out is a new facility, and you will come to fully understand your crime. Silent Gale!" Luna suddenly called, the dark blue pegasus stallion slinking from the crowd; the Katakan taking the place usually occupied by Deadeye's glared at him, for she hadn’t even seen him enter the room. "Escort this... this beale uv cred to the Nightmare."

"Aye, yer majesty," Silent Gale replied, bowing his head slightly, before looking at the alicorn with a grin. “An’ if I may, yer majesty, words like that shouldn’t come out of a filly’s mouth.” With that, Gale turned around and roughly shoved Storm Pyro, but the unicorn wasn’t given an ounce of sympathy as he was pushed out of the room, the doors closing behind them a moment later.

“This court session is adjourned,” Luna announced, stamping her hoof once. “Please return for my sister's session in one hour precisely.” The spectators all bowed and filed out of the room, Luna turning to head towards a side room when there was a voice from behind her.

“Night-mistress, what was Silent Gale doing here?” Cloudburn asked, frowning in confusion.

“He is a member of Celestia’s Novas,” Luna said, now curious. “Do you know him?”

“Him? That pickpocket is one of the crown’s most trusted agents?” Cloudburn nearly shouted, the mare shrinking back when Luna turned to glare at her. The Katakan then went on to explain what she knew of the stallion and his habits, Luna turning and walking away once more.

“I am happy you let him go,” she said over her shoulder. “We need more charitable ponies like Silent Gale these days. Yes, I know it makes him a Robin Hoof,” Luna cut Cloudburn off before she could make the comment. “But what he does is good. Can you imagine being a foal in this world, with nothing to guide you?”

Cloudburn fell silent as she followed Luna into the side room, a private chamber that contained only one other pony. Knowing that the two would want their privacy, Cloudburn stopped outside and closed the door, Luna walking over and flopping down on to the cushion pile next to her sister. “It is done,” she said, giving a sigh. “I really do not want to do the next part…”

“BB will understand,” Celestia said, draping her wing over Luna’s back. “It will bring painful memories back, but when he learns why, I think he will bear them with his usual calm demeanour.” Luna gave a nod, the sisters falling into silence for a time, disturbed by a knock that came not from the door, but the ceiling, Celestia looking up with a sigh. “Discord, you may enter.”

Phasing through the stone, the draconequus appeared with a frown, sitting down in front of the alicorns. “So, I was doing some digging in your files, and came across this,” Discord said as he set down a scroll in front of the alicorns. “It’s interesting, don’t you think. One Silver Spark, born to Bright Spark, and father to a young colt named Pipsqueak. He also happens to be Shimmer Spark’s cousin. And not only that, but his father was the one who tried to kill Lady Lining!”

“Luna, quickly!” Celestia said. “Send word to Riptide, get Dinky away from Pip’s fam..” she was cut off, due to her lips being magically sealed, and she turned to glare at Discord, who just grinned back at her.

“No need to be hasty, I’ve already looked in on him. He wasn’t very receptive to me when I mentioned his cousin. Something about bucking me to the moon and back if I ever mention her name again? Anyway, I tried again, like you asked Tia,” he said, getting the solar princess’ full attention, snapping his fingers to give her back the ability to speak. “It is as I thought. Young Melody was subjected to forbidden magic. Why, we’ll only know that when we find her mother. Which, if she’s using magic even you two dare not, means I will be of no use finding her.”

“Did you at least ascertain what kind of spell was used?” Celestia asked, sounding hopeful.

“I did, and it was not pleasant. Shimmer Spark used blood magic,” Discord stated, Luna and Celestia recoiling in shock. “But this particular spell… well, from what I understand of it, can be reversed.”

“Reversed? Discord, no riddles, no pranks, nothing of the sort,” Celestia said as she stood and marched up to him, placing a hoof on his chest. “Please explain what you mean.”

“This spell involved the infusion of Shimmer Spark’s blood into the young filly’s so she could take control of her will. The way to reverse it…” Discord gave a sigh, and for the first time in many thousands of years, looked uncertain. “We’d need another of her blood donors.”

Celestia’s eyes went wide as she realised what that meant, and with a golden flash she was gone from the room, teleporting to one of the castle suites. Nightshade was in there, startled by the unexpected visitor, but Celestia ignored her as she marched up to the stallion who was sitting in a chair and staring at the floor. “Leave us,” Celestia commanded, Nightshade giving Wise a supportive nuzzle as she left.

“Why?” Wise suddenly said, his voice still laced with anger that hadn’t subsided over the past two weeks. “Why didn’t you let me do it?”

“Because it would have only caused you more strife, Earl Wise.” The stallion’s ears twitched, as Celestia only ever used his title when she wanted his full attention, even long ago and in front of other nobles. “I… I am unsure how to say this without causing you more heartache, but… if… if there was a way for you to have… Melody back… would you?”

“Twilight Sparkle tried time travel, it didn’t work out so well, you remember,” Wise said with a chuckle, reminded of the guards he overheard talking about the event afterwards. “So there is no other way…”

“Actually, there might be,” Celestia said, moving to look into his eyes. “But I will need you, Melody will need you. Can you at least try?” Wise looked away, to the only photo that he had taken from his old mansion, one of him in a hospital room’s chair and holding his foal.

“What would you have me do?” he asked. Celestia just beckoned him to follow, but before he got out of the chair, the ring limiting his magic was removed. A sigh of relief escaped the stallion, and as they took a slow walk through the castle corridors Celestia explained to him what Discord had to her.

Upon arriving at the throne room, Celestia found those invited for these special court session waiting for the doors to open. “My little ponies,” she said, getting their attention. “There has been a change of plans. Please, leave us be for now, we will summon you if things do not work as we hope.”

With a flash of her horn, she teleported herself and Wise into the throne room, where Luna and Discord were waiting. There was also a squad of royal guards, and in the middle of them was… “Daddy!” Amber Vain’s crazed voice made Wise flinch, and she began to try to get free from her chains. “Let me out, I want to go play with my Blueblood again!”

“Guards, leave us. Nopony is to enter the throne room until myself or Luna says otherwise,” Celestia commanded, the ponies in golden armour giving each other confused looks before bowing and leaving the room. Looking to her side, Celestia glared at the Katakans who remained in place, but all it took was a nod from Luna and they too left. “Discord, begin.”

“Very well. Celestia, Luna, move back,” Discord said, approaching the middle of the room. “You there, Wordy, need to be closer.” Wise Words followed the draconequus’ instructions, stepping just a few hoofs nearer him and Amber. “And now… we begin…”

Discord started to chant, a strange language whose words echoed eerily as the throne room grew dark. Wise Words and Amber Vain were lifted into the air by an unknown force, the stallion looking at the floor to see a red circle below him and the mare.

“Is he taking me to my Blueblood? Oh thank you Discord!” Though the notion to do just that crossed his mind and amused him a little, even Discord’s chaos had its limits, so he ignored her and continued the ritual.

A slight grunt escaped from Wise Words as a cut opened on his foreleg and a tendril of blood seeped out, but it didn’t drip to the ground. Instead, it followed the runes on the floor to where the circles met, the flow stopping a moment later from Wise Words small wound, and whatever force holding him aloft gently set him back down.

The throne room was filled with pained screaming as his blood made contact with Amber’s body, sliding through her fur up to her head, where it used her open mouth to enter. The mare then fell silent with her eyes vacant, but looking in Wise Word’s direction. The stallion wanted to look away but found that he couldn’t, the time spent staring at one another lost to both of them.

A sudden dark red flash broke their mutual gaze, Wise blinking his eyes clear. When his vision was restored, he saw the throne room had returned to its natural light levels, and Amber was now in a heap on the floor. The mare let out a groan, rolling around and trying to sit up.

Thinking it didn’t work, Wise turned and began to walk away, but a moment later he heard a very quiet, and extremely frightened voice. “W-who are you? Where’s my momma? Where’s my daddy?!”

“Calm yourself, I am Princess Celestia. Come, tell me your name…”

“It’s… it’s Melody,” the voice said, along with some sniffing. “I-if you’re the princess… then where is my daddy!? He’s your cap… cap… boss pony!” Wise stumbled in his hoofsteps, slowing down. The voice… sounds slightly different, but it’s her. Chancing a glance, Wise looked over his shoulder only to meet the mare’s gaze. “Daddy! But… you’re old! NO! SOMEPONY WAKE ME FROM THIS NIGHTMARE!”

With that shout, ‘Amber’ began to sob louder, thrashing in her chains, and rolling away from any who would try to help her. It took Discord’s intervention, a quick snap of his fingers, and the mare was asleep. The three ponies in the room looked between each other, none of them knowing what had happened, looking to the one who might actually have a clue.

“It is done,” Discord said, turning to Wise. “You have your daughter back… but only in mind. I’m sorry, I truly am, but that is all we can do. Now if you’ll excuse me, that spell took a lot of energy. I think this is a nice place to lie down.” He did just that, collapsing to the floor a moment later.

Sending Luna to check on Discord, Celestia approached Wise Words and placed a hoof under his muzzle, tilting his gaze up. “This is going to be a tough time, for both of you. Are you certain you want to follow this path?”

“She’s… maybe older, but I have my daughter back,” Wise said, looking to the mare still bound and unconscious. “Can… can she be taken to my suite? I want to be there when she wakes.” Celestia gave him a nod, also looking at the mare that was Melody once again. Shimmer Spark… I thought I put an end to this with your uncle’s life. I hope you have not corrupted any others with this forbidden magic...


Blueblood froze as a shiver went down his spine as while walking alongside Amethyst and Derpy, who was carrying Dinky on her back.

The elder mare furrowed her brow when her fiance stopped walking and saw him shivering for a brief moment before he straightened himself. “What’s wrong, Blue?” Derpy asked her stallion as she looked back at him.

“Nothing, just a chill,” he replied as he shook his body a little, careful not to drop any of the presents he was carrying with his magic. When they started walking again, he made sure to increase his pace to be alongside Derpy, who decided to lean against Blueblood as they were walking. Their ears perked when they heard a soft snoring coming from behind, causing them to turn their heads to a sleeping Dinky.

Guess today’s party tired her out… Derpy giggled as she looked upon her daughter, which was echoed by the unicorn mare following them, several presents hovering in her magic as well. “So Amethyst… how are things between you and Riptide?” Derpy asked, knowing the two had spent some time at the cabin together.

“Oh, things are going well… we just decided to stay friends,” Amethyst replied as she continued walking towards Derpy’s house. Once they were outside the building, the pegasus mare walked in first with her stallion following suit. “Where should I leave the presents?” Amethyst asked Blueblood, who took hold of them all with his own magic.

Blueblood smiled as he chuckled. “I’ll handle it,” he replied to Amythest. “Thank you for coming to Dinky’s birthday, she needs all the friends she has right now.”

“Wouldn’t have missed it for the world,” she giggled as she walked off into the distance, leaving Blueblood alone at the front porch. Once he was inside, Derpy stood on the stairs with a demure smile on her face.

She looked down on her stallion with half-lid eyes as she motioned for him to come upstairs. “I’ll be waiting in our room…” she trailed off as she turned around, swishing her tail from side to side.

Blueblood wasted no time in marching upstairs, but halted once he reached the top. His eyes lingered to Dinky’s room, where he made a detour first. Poking his head inside, he saw his daughter fast asleep in her new bed. She had the covered pulled tightly as she instinctively embraced them for warmth, whilst smiling as she dreamed; the alicorn plush was wedged between her hooves and under her chin. “My beautiful daughter…” the stallion whispered as he tiphoofed towards her, stroking her head and planting a kiss on her forehead.

Once he was outside his daughter’s room, Blueblood made his way towards the main bedroom, where he noticed the lights were dim with the curtains closed and a sweet fragrance drifted in the air. When his eyes landed on the bed, his jaw nearly dropped with his cheeks becoming tinted red at the sight before him.

Derpy lay upon the bed with her back lying on the mattress as she batted her eyelashes alluringly at Blueblood. She wore navy striped socks on each of her legs, becoming ever more captivating to the stallion before her. She motioned Blueblood to come forward. “What do you think?”

And it’s not even my birthday… “Beautiful…” Blueblood grinned as he walked slowly towards Derpy, climbing onto the bed and crawling towards his mare as he eyed her hungrily. Once his lips were mere inches away from hers, he kissed her deeply and felt her hooves encircle his neck, dragging him down with her.

Once they released each other to catch their breath, Derpy scooted backwards until she sat upright with her back against the bedframe. “I’ve got a special gift for you…” she told Blueblood, who only cocked his brow at her.

“What is it?” he asked curiously, only to receive a giggle from Derpy as she rubbed her stomach soothingly. Blueblood cocked his brow a little until a thought came to his mind. “Are you?” he asked her, and received a nod from her..

The stallion gasped as he stared at Derpy, whose eyes became moist as she smiled demurely at him. Blueblood beamed as he started to cry, peppering the mare with kisses to her face as she held onto him.

“Our family’s becoming bigger…” Blueblood said inbetween kisses and tears. When he lifted his head away from Derpy’s face, he saw her own eyes staring into his as she continued to smile at her love.

“And you’re with me now…” she trailed off as she sniffed, caressing his cheek. “Forever.”