• Published 5th Sep 2014
  • 12,564 Views, 2,033 Comments

Where Is My Love? - TheMyth



Two hearts yearning for near a decade. Will fate let these two ponies meet once more... and what is it hiding from one of them?

  • ...
38
 2,033
 12,564

Chapter 26

With her hind hoofs shackled to the chair legs and her forehooves to the arms, Amber Vain could do little more than look around the room. Which was downright annoying, for the stump where her horn had been was very itchy, and she desperately wanted to give it a scratch. Her attention was drawn to the only door into her little room as it opened, a pegasus stallion and a Katakan entering; neither looked too happy to be there.

“Let’s take another crack at this… Vain, I am going to make this perfectly simple; I want you to tell me where I can find you mother, Shimmer Spark,” the pegasus said as he stared at Amber Vain with puffy red-rimmed eyes. “It’s been three whole days now… surely you wish to leave right?” he asked rhetorically, yet the only answer the unicorn mare gave him was to spit in his face.

“Like I’m going to tell you anything! Why don’t you go back to bucking some clouds in the sky or shove them up your rump? Since that’s all you pegasi are good for!” Amber sneered at the stallion as she bared her teeth. The pegasus just sighed and slowly backed away from her, causing her to grin triumphantly until a Katakan guard approached her.

“Where is Shimmer Spark?!” the Katakan barked at Amber Vain with a growl, glaring. When the stallion didn’t get a reply from her, he sank his teeth into her arm, blood oozing from his mouth. Why the buck do I have to be with this waste of life and sacrifice my sleep?!

Amber only laughed hysterically as she squirmed in her seat. “Aww, didn’t the little puppy get his bone from his master?” she faux cooed at him as she stifled a laugh. “Like I’m going to tell you anything about my mother… I bet she’s out there right now getting what she needs to have me released! She’ll even help me win Blueblood!”

As she continued blabbering whilst looking up at the roof with a smile plastered on her face, White Fang approached pegasus. “This is getting us nowhere, Fyrefly!” the Katakan whispered to the pegasus as they eyed Amber. “She won’t listen to reason or… force. What do we do?”

“Patience, White Fang… We’ll have to wait for him to arrive…” Fyrefly trailed off as he shuddered at the mere thought of him.

White Fang sighed as he rolled his eyes. “If only the Night-mistress would allow me to give this mare what she truly needs, we’d have the answers in less than a minute."

"We have our orders until the Princesses say otherwise when they arrive."

"Where are they by the way? What could be more important than the interrogation of this..." White Fang looked back at Amber who had started to whistle a random tune. "Mare."

I guess he hasn't heard the news yet... Fyrefly scrunched his lips before he replied. "They're addressing another matter," he said. "Hence why he is coming.”

"Is Blueblood coming!?" Amber asked as she tried to job out of her seat in excitement. "I hope he brings me roses..."

White Fang growled at Amber as he turned sharply to her. "Shut your muzzle tramp!" he barked at the restrained mare, only to receive a raspberry from her. Does she even know the position she is in right now?

“I bet he’s finally seen reason and cast away that stupid mare and the little shit!” Amber cackled as she bobbed her head, oblivious to the large figure that appeared over her. “In fact, I think he will—"

"Not be the pony who you'll be seeing."

Laughter started to emit across the room, causing everypony present to turn their heads in every corner to find the source.

Fyrefly grimaced as the laughter became clearer. "He's here..." he trailed off when he looked up to see a draconequus floating over them.

"Discord," White Fang said as he glared at the draconequus. "You're late."

Discord merely chuckled as he landed on the ground. "Fashionably late, my little Katakan," he replied as he clicked his talons to conjure a nail file. "Had to get prepared for what Tia asked me... though I must say, a lot has changed since my little holiday."

"First I find out that there's not one, but two new princesses of Equestria! And one of them is a very adorable little filly!" Discord squeed as he clapped his paw and claw together. His smiled turned into a frown when he suddenly turned to Amber. "And you tried to kill that sweetie! That's brutal and cruel, even by my standards..."

Both Fyrefly and White Fang turned to each other, with the former grimacing at what was to come. "Did the princesses inform you about—"

"What needs to come out of this mare's mouth? Indeed," Discord replied as he cracked his digits and grinned. "You boys are dismissed... get some sleep, her flank is mine."

Amber suppressed a gulp as she tried her best to not make eye contact with the craziest abomination of Equestria. "I'm not going to tell you anything!"

"If I had a bit for every time I heard those words, not even my own house would be big enough to hold them all," Discord yawned as he stretched his body. "Now then..." the draconequus' face started to morph into the shape of Blueblood, which Amber beamed to in delight.

"Shall we begin..." Discord said using Blueblood’s voice, only to shape shift his face again to form a demonic version with his voice also changed. "My pretty!?"

Fyrefly and White Fang immediately left the room and closed the door, hearing only the malicious laughter of Discord. “I wonder how he’s going to make her squeal?” White Fang pondered out loud as they were walking out of the cells, ignoring a fiery red pegasus stallion who was banging on his cell’s bars demanding to be released.

“He has his ways…” Fyrefly replied dryly as they turned the corner, only to straighten his posture when he saw Princess Luna approaching them with Nightshade by her side. So too did White Fang.

“At ease,” Luna said as she waved her hoof, turning to the Katakan before her. “Progress on the prisoner, White Fang?”

Before he could answer, the door to the room behind them opened, and a rather disgruntled Discord walked out. Ignoring the two guards, he marched right up to Luna and knelt down so that he was eye level with her, narrowing his own. “Your sister promised me some fun,” he said, sounding bored. “That ball of crazy in there doesn’t know where her mother is.”

“You… you broke her already?” Luna asked in astonishment, too surprised to see the looks of annoyance stamped on Fyrefly and White Fang’s muzzles.

“Broke her?” Discord said with a chuckle, his regular grin making its return. “She’s been broken for years. I just had to fix a few parts. But I’m much more interested in something else…” Clicking his fingers, Discord caused a bright flash, Luna having to scrunch her eyes shut. She felt his magic wrap around her, and when she chanced her vision once again, she found herself floating above the castle’s gardens. “Now this is something, wouldn’t you agree?”

Following his gaze, Luna looked down to the ground, where she saw a blue unicorn struggling to free himself from some guards. Storm Pyro! But… this is three nights ago! Luna tried to work out what was so special about the scum below her, but Discord floated himself through the castle walls, dragging the alicorn with him. Luna then worked out he was simply reviewing past events, and had taken her with him, which meant...

Night-mistress, is the horn ring really necessary?” Nightshade enquired as she fought to hold Wise Words still, the unicorn glaring at Storm Pyro whilst he was placed into one of the cells. “I am sure he will be fine.”

“Nightshade, my sister had to blast him with magic! Sent him through a wall but he still tried in his venture,” Luna snapped, but calming down instantly; if it had been her instead of Celestia that had gone after Storm Pyro, there was a good chance she would have allowed Wise Words to achieve his goal. “Now please, take him back to his chambers and keep him there, by any means!”

Snapping his fingers again, the vision faded, leaving Discord and Luna sat upon the castle’s roof. “Sooo…” began the draconequus, leaning heavily on Luna’s back. “Since when has Tia got actively involved like this?”

Luna gave a huff, flaring her wings to knock him away then taking to the sky. “Tia did what she had to to protect Wise Words, otherwise he’d be tried for murder himself… no matter if his cause was most just.” Luna went to fly towards her chambers, but Discord’s voice made her pause a moment.

“I keep forgetting that you two are actually related to the Platinum line by blood. Have a good night, Lu-Lu,” he said, waving her off. The mare gave a nod and then she was gone, Discord giving a small chuckle. “Don’t think I didn’t hear you in the gardens, little princess… and I think it’s time I showed you why aunt Tia keeps me around…”


“How many of these invitations have you made, Pinkie?” Blossomforth asked the pink mare as she looked at the stack of letters on the counter, which nearly reached the roof.

“One for everypony in Ponyville,” Pinkie replied as she walked out of the kitchen carrying a tray of cupcakes on her back. “By the way, thanks again for doing all this,” she said to Blossomforth as she passed on one of the baked treats to her.

Blossomforth shook her head as she smiled. “No problem, and this is for my friend afterall,” Who I miss a lot… the pegasus mare sighed before she took a bite of the cupcake, soon beaming at the taste that exploded in her mouth. “Wow! These are great Pinkie… is this a new recipe?”

“Oh, that’s just something Cheesy wrote to me,” Pinkie said as she ate on herself. “He sends me lots of things through the mail.”

That would explain the trampoline...Blossomforth finished her cupcake before she spoke again. “So wish Derpy was here to help me out with these,” she muttered as she looked at the stacks of invitations with wary eyes. "I think I'll have to make two trips for this Pinkie."

"No need for that," the voice of a stallion came from behind Blossomforth, causing her to beam as she turned around to see Poste Haste standing at the doorway.

"Boss," Blossomforth said as she approached her stallion.

"How many times have I told you not to call me 'Boss?" Poste asked her as he came closer towards her.

"Force of habit," Blossomforth planted her lips on Poste's and kept it there for a few moments before she removed herself from him. "Darling."

Poste shook his head as he grinned. "What am I going to do with you?"

"You can help me with these first," Blossomforth pointed to the invitations as she smiled mischievously. "Then a nice lunch would do..."

As the pegasi couple continued talking, Pinkie couldn't help but admire the ponies as she smiled softly. I sense a few parties coming this year for those two... The pink mare's smile started to diminish a little as another stallion entered her mind. I sure miss him a lot... We still write to each other, but I so wish he would— her breath started to become short as she collapsed to the ground, with her eyes becoming moist and her heart pounding against her chest.

"Pinkie!" Blossomforth ran towards her fallen friend, with Poste following suit.

This Pinkie sense... It can't be! Pinkie Pie gasped when she saw the silhouette of a stallion standing at the entryway, wearing a poncho over his light brilliant gamboge body and a fedora that covered most of his curly deep brown hair.

“Hey!” Cheese finally said after an intense silence. “Why is my Pinkie Pie crying on the floor?” he asked as he slowly walked towards the three ponies, his eyes locked onto the pink mare’s.

Almost immediately, Pinkie launched herself from the ground and flew towards the earth pony stallion as she smiled and cried simultaneously. “Cheesy!” she called out to him just as she wrapped her arms around him and sealed her lips against his. When they finally parted to breath, the pink mare giggled as she caressed her stallion’s cheek. "I missed you so much..."

"I missed you too Pinks..." Cheese replied as he nuzzled her nose.

Both Poste and Blossomforth stared at the earth ponies for a few moments before the pegasus mare finally spoke. "Pinkie... since when have you and Cheese Sandwich been—"

"An item? Ever since he came to Ponyville, told me his cutie mark story, confessed to me and promised to write to me from his travels!" Pinkie replied as she held onto Cheese with both her arms around his neck.

Poste and Blossomforth looked at each other with the former shrugging. "Think we better go right now," the stallion whispered in his mare ear.

"Good idea," Blossomforth said before she and Poste picked both stacks of invitations up from their resting place. "We'll see you later," she said to Pinkie.

"Okay! Thank you again..." Pinkie replied as she showed both pegasi off. Once she and Cheese were alone, she faux frowned as she approached him. "So why didn't I get a letter from you saying you would be coming to visit?"

Cheese sighed as he removed his fedora from his head. "That's because I'm not going to be writing anymore..."

As fast as light, Pinkie's curly mane straightened as she froze. Her lips started to quiver as her ears drooped and eyes began to moisten. "W-why? Did I do something wrong? Don’t you love me anymore? Did you find somepony else? Did you—” the mare’s words were muted when Cheese placed his hoof against her muzzle.

“I’m not going to write anymore, since I’m staying,” Cheese said as she smiled softly, removing his hoof from Pinkie’s lips.

“Staying? For how long?” Pinkie asked as she titled her head and furrowed her brow.

“As long as you’ll have me,” Cheese winked at Pinkie, but blinked when he saw her tearing up again. “What’s wr—” he gasped when the mare planted her lips against his, with her tongue begging entrance as it caressed his teeth. He opened his mouth slightly and immediately his tongue made contact with hers, the taste of cotton candy filling his taste buds.

When Pinkie finally removed herself from Cheese, she pulled off her best smile with red eyes from the tears. “You really mean it?!” she asked him. When he nodded in response, she sniffed once before she nuzzled against his neck. “Wait!” she barked out and stared at his eyes as she ripped away from him. “What about your parties around Equestria!?”

“My skills will still be deployed, just here in Ponyville with you,” Cheese said as he grinned. “Besides, my Cheesy Sense told me that I must return to Ponyville and be with the one mare who showed me my talent…” he slowly approached her as he placed his hoof against her chest. “And be with the mare I gave my heart to.”

Pinkie’s cheeks burned brightly as she placed a hoof to her mouth and beamed at Cheese’s words. Rather than use words, she proceeded to nuzzle him again. She sighed joyfully when she felt him return the gesture, feeling his breath against her fur. Her ears perked when she heard multiple hoofsteps coming towards the kitchen they were in.

“Pinkie, we’re back! Sorry for leaving you all alon—” Cup Cake’s words became muted when she saw both the mare she loved as a daughter and Cheese Sandwich together in an embrace. “It’s good to see you again, Cheese…” the elder mare said as she walked towards the pair, with her husband Carrot Cake following suit.

"Well now, this is a surprise... nice of you to come visit," Carrot said as he bumped his hoof against Cheese's.

"I'm not visiting... I'm staying," Cheese replied.

Both Cakes looked at each as they blinked before turning to Cheese. "You're staying? Where?"

"He's making Ponyville his home!" Pinkie bounced around the kitchen as she giggled. "And I know just where he'll stay," she said as she stopped before Cheese and dragged him out the kitchen, leading him up the stairs.

"Where are we going?" Cheese asked.

Pinkie pressed her hoof against his lips. "Shh! We don't want to wake up the twins..." she said, as they both tipped hoof towards a room at the end of the passage. Once the pink mare opened it, she pulled her stallion inside and shut the door behind. "Welcome to your new room!"

“Uh, Pinkie… this is your room…” Cheese trailed off as he looked around the bedroom, seeing streamers and clothing lying on the ground with a bathtub at the back and her pet alligator Gummy at the window, looking out to the skies.

“Duh! But this is now our room!” Pinkie cheered as she hopped past Cheese and landed her haunches on her bed. “Guess where you’ll be sleeping?” she asked coyly as she batted her eyelashes, waving her hoof to him to come nearer.

Cheese gulped as he took a few steps forward. She’s so beautiful when she does that! The stallion sighed as he sat next to Pinkie on the end of the bed. “I’m guessing here too?” he asked innocently.

“Correct!” Pinkie replied as she pulled Cheese into a hug and lay on the bed with him, with his head on her chest. “You’ve got to tell me what you’ve been doing lately… since the last letter you wrote to me was you throwing a party for Coco Pommel.”

The stallion’s cheeks burned as Pinkie caressed his hair with his head on her torso. “Oh yeah, you told me she’s a friend of yours,” This world is very small...The stallion’s thoughts drifted as his eyes started to become drowsy. He couldn’t help it since the mare’s body was as soft as a very comfortable feathered cushion.

“Wait!” Pinkie suddenly jumped out of bed with Cheese falling to the ground. “We can’t snooze snooze yet! I’ve got a party to plan for my friend!” the mare yelled as she ran out of the room, only to enter it a second later again. “Cheesy… can you help me with planning this party please?”

“For the new little princess? Dinky I presume?” Cheese grinned as he moved his brow up and down. “The Princesses asked me in Canterlot if I could give my assistance for the planning,” he said as he kissed Pinkie. “So let’s plan the best birthday party for the new princess,” he continued as they both walked down the stairs, with him being behind the pink mare. What he didn’t notice was the gleeful grin the mare before him was displaying on her face.

I sure hope his Cheesy Sense tells him what I really really really really really want!


With everypony else in bed, Amethyst Star carefully made her way up to the upper pool of the grotto, just above the waterfall. She was careful to watch her step, not for her but for the item held in her magic. Reaching the point where the ground leveled out, she took a moment to catch her breath, then slowly walked towards the stallion sitting not too far from her. "Commander Riptide," she began, only to be interrupted by the stallion.

"I'm sorry, Miss Star, for the way I treated you back in Canterlot," Riptide said, giving her a sideways glance; she couldn't see his eyes as he was wearing the darkened goggles. "I... am not normally like that, and I still feel disgusted I had to act in such a way."

“It was mother’s plan, to see how you’d react in a… disagreeable situation, and being the dutiful soldier, I obeyed,” he said with a sigh. "And my brother was not happy that I went along with it." Riptide turned to face the mare, who gasped and lifted a hoof to her mouth as she saw the cut on his face; a step closer to the stallion and she saw it had not been treated properly, an infection already setting in.

"What… why did he do that?" Amethyst asked, her eyes not leaving the wound.

"Katakan discipline," Riptide said with a shrug, returning his gaze back to the cabin below them. "I am not as strong as my brother, both in body and heart. I should have refused the order, told her what I really thought… but I didn’t.”

“So… when you appeared at the train station, it was planned,” Amethyst said, taking a couple of steps back. “Just how long have you been watching me?”

“Actually, that was pure coincidence. I just used the situation to my advantage, as my brother taught me," Riptide replied with a quiet chuckle. "Again, I am sorry for putting you through such an experience." Seeing the mare frown, Riptide allowed himself a small grin. "‘A Katakan does not apologise', right?" A nod from the mare. "When Deadeye came of age, he left for another colony. The one he found... was not very big on forgiveness. In that place, after a disagreement ended, it was rare for there to be somepony left to apologize to."

"That's... that's horrible," Amethyst said, even if it meant she understood the one-eyed stallion's seemingly callous attitude a bit better.

"We are getting better as a race," Riptide commented, ruffling his wings. "Some of us just take longer."

"About that..." Lifting the item she had brought up with her over to the stallion, Amethyst removed the lid, letting a powerful aroma fill the air, one that made Riptide's stomach growl eagerly; Blueblood had told her it was unlikely Riptide had eaten anything in the three days they had been at the grotto. "I... I thought that actions would be better than words, but still, I'm sorry for calling you a... a..." she couldn't bring herself to say it again.

"I have already forgiven you, Miss Star," Riptide said with a small smile, before turning to the pot in front of him and licking his lips, but he avoided planting his face into the broth as the mare continued.

“If you don’t mind me asking, why did that… name affect you so?”

“Going against what you have seen of me so far, I once had a special somepony,” Riptide said, giving a regretful sigh. “Our breakup… was not very civil. I ended up being run out of that town with a mob following me, calling me a demon, and… and a bat pony. All because I walked in on them with another colt.”

Amethyst made to speak, but the smile that came to the stallion’s face bid her hold her tongue. “I went back, along with my mother and several other Shadowbolts after the Royal Wedding. Turns out the town was the changelings’ harbouring area, so we did what we had to, and we rightfully earned the name ‘demon’, but ever since the incident, most have taken offence to our kind being called bat ponies, and those that do are immediately suspected of being a changeling. Did you know that their carapaces are quite crunchy?” he asked with chuckle, his stomach growling once more and causing him to look at the highly aromatic contents of the pot. “Speaking of which…”

A wave from Amethyst's hoof was enough for him and he heartily dug into the broth, his eyes going wide as the taste of meat graced his tongue. It has been too long since I had rabbit... but how did she manage to cook it so perfectly?

"My father... he taught me," Amethyst suddenly said, the mare watching the Katakan with interest. "It was one of the good things he did."

"Is that why you hide it?" Riptide asked, making her eyes go wide in shock. "I saw, when you were in the pool with Princess Dinky earlier. Your... um, wig came a bit loose."

Giving a sigh, Amethyst sat down and lit her horn. To anypony who might have been watching, it would have looked she removed her own tail, but the mass of hairs she set down were not natural. "My father... was a hippogriff. This is his gift to me," she said as she flicked out her real tail. It was almost a perfect griffon's tail, but a little thicker and the hairs matched her mane colour. "I'm sure you can work out why he's in a Neighponese prison now."

Riptide just nodded, returning to his meal as he looked at the mare in a new light, unaware she was doing the same to him. Perhaps... I could have just asked him to stop, I was rather rude now that I think about it. I mean, he wasn't as pushy as some of the teenage colts in Ponyville. Amethyst suddenly gave a gasp, startling Riptide who began to look around for danger, but the mare simply made her way quickly, but carefully back down the rocks.

Confused, the young stallion watched her return to the cabin, and took a deep breath then closed his eyes. When he opened them again, and if it weren't for the goggles, anypony that looked into Riptide's eyes would find a swirling black mist, causing them to panic and run. The truth of the matter was he was simply using his special kind of shadow-magic, which went along way to earning his nickname; using the shadows inside the cabin to see what was going on inside.

Amethyst's magic however interfered with his ability, and all he could do was watch as her own shadow moved around the kitchen, before she returned outside. Shaking his head and returning his vision to normal, Riptide made sure to keep an eye on her as she made her way back up to him, the path no longer illuminated by the setting sun.

Approaching Riptide, coming closer than she had previously, Amethyst set down a bowl of water and a small green bag. "This might sting a little," she said, levitating a cloth from the bag. She dipped it in the water then floated it towards the cut on the stallion's face.

To his credit, Riptide simply hissed quietly as the cloth pressed against the wound, Amethyst gently scrubbing at him. She suddenly paused, seeing that the cut went under the strap of his goggles, realising he must have been in some pain for the past few days. "Commander, I know it might hurt your eyes, but can you remove your goggles please?" she asked. The answer she got was not what she expected.

"Actually, our eyesight is best at sunrise or sunset," Riptide replied as he lifted a hoof up to his face. "You’re in for a treat, Miss Star." Riptide waited a few moments for the sun to be in the perfect position, then lifted his goggles from his eyes.

Amethyst was very confused at first, but that turned to amazement as the setting sun's rays hit the stallion's eyes. Instead of wincing from the light, Riptide remained still, Amethyst watching with her mouth wide open as his yellow slitted eyes slowly changed, becoming a swirling pool of gold. The mare wordlessly went back to cleaning the cut, then covered it with a small piece of gauze; it was a special kind, using the fur to stick but not ripping any off when removed.

Lost in the stallion's eyes, Amethyst slowly stepped forward until she was just in front of him. He was a little taller than her, so she had to raise her head as she aimed her lips to his. She was suddenly blocked by one of his hooves, frowning at him in confusion. "I'm sorry, Miss Star, but despite our previous interaction, I must disappoint you. I'm... not into mares," Riptide said.

Amethyst's eyes widened ever so slightly, and she pulled away, blushing and stammering madly as she trotted in circles. Riptide watched her for a moment and then caught her hoof, turning her to face him. "That was, admittedly a poor one, a joke, Miss Star."

Now, Riptide was fairly adept at reading ponies, but he still missed the signs, ending up a moment later upon his back with the mare glaring down at him and her hoof on his chest. "That wasn't funny!" She didn't give him a chance to respond, pressing her lips firmly to his. She pulled away when she felt something poking at her, a smirk coming to her face. "Must have been sometime since you were with a mare. I suggest you get in the water and cool off."

With that Amethyst turned around and walked away, but not before whipping her real tail across Riptide's muzzle, the stallion too stunned to move. When he finally did, it was only a hoof to his chest, in attempt to calm the rapid beating of his heart.

What is this magic she has over me?


Sitting next to Pip at the breakfast table, Dinky ate her toast with strawberry jam as she watched her parents, having not failed to notice the really happy smiles plastered on their muzzles. It wasn't that she didn't know what they were doing, but that they had woken her from her dreams, involving a lazy Sunday afternoon with the colt next to her.

Finishing her mouthful, the filly asked a question that had been gnawing at her mind. “...am I gonna have to share my room?”

Autumn Star’s mothering instincts kicked in at the same time as Derpy’s, and she used that moment to usher Pipsqueak away under the guise of packing his things so they wouldn’t be late. Once they were gone, the pegasus mare turned to her daughter and frowned. “What do you mean, sweetie?” she asked, giving Blueblood a glance, but he just shrugged at her. “Why would you need to share a room?”

“Well, you and daddy share a room, and then there’s my room,” Dinky said, looking down at the table top. “We don’t have any other bedrooms… which means if I get a brother or sister, then they’ll have to share my room, right?”

It was then both Derpy and Blueblood understood, the pair beginning to blush madly as they tried to look, unsuccessfully, anywhere but each other. Giving a sigh, Derpy turned to her daughter and put on a soft smile. “Well, your father and I have been discussing it… there’s plenty of space to add some more to the house,” Derpy said, reaching across the table and ruffling Dinky’s mane. “We’d just lose some of the garden.”

The filly considered her words, then gave a nod and continued with her meal. It was silent for a few moments until Dinky spoke up again. “Soo… when you and dad are, you know, busy, do you think… you could be a bit quieter?” she asked, causing Blueblood to burst out laughing, but he soon went silent when he saw Derpy’s glare.

“We’ll… try sweetie,” he said, taking his now empty plate and putting it in the sink. “If not, I’m sure Auntie Luna can lend us some of her stuff.” Suddenly realising what he said, Blueblood glanced over his shoulder, noticing both Dinky and Derpy had looks of curiosity on their faces. “When… when you’re older, Dinky. Now go make sure your stuff is packed, we’ll be leaving soon.”

Dinky nodded and finished her breakfast, then darted towards her room. Blueblood collected the last of the dirty plates from the table and began to wash them, pausing when he felt Derpy brush along his side, nuzzling his cheek. “Now we’re alone, why not tell me just what kind of items she has?” she asked, causing Blueblood to swallow nervously. Leaning closer, he began to whisper into her, noting with amusement the way her wings slowly spread as he described several pieces of equipment, leaving the mare breathing heavily with her mouth wide open.

Taking the invitation, Blueblood pressed into a passionate kiss, one that was returned with just as much vigour. When they pulled away, Blueblood turned back to the sink, using his magic to give Derpy a light slap on the flank as she walked away, causing her to gasp and bolt forward.

“Come on dad! Save it for the bedroom!” Dinky’s voice suddenly said, and the stallion's ears splayed back as he looked to the doorway, the filly cringing as she looked between him and Derpy. “I wonder if Twilight can teach me any memory erasing spells… I could do without remembering this,” Dinky muttered as she walked away, going to find safe haven with her foal sitter, well away from her two gross parents.