• Published 30th Mar 2014
  • 16,229 Views, 866 Comments

Golden Grace, Headless Headaches - Thadius0



Defating foes from Beyond? Easy enough. Making Celly see where her mistakes lie? No problem. Being torn apart and reborn because of the Golden Sun? Okay, that one, I admit, knocked me for a loop.

  • ...
51
 866
 16,229

Chapter 18 - An ending, a beginning.

Y'know, if you were to ask anyone, anyone who has ever been severely wounded enough to land themselves a stay in the hospital what their most hated noise was, then they would all tell you the same thing: the sound of a heart monitor pisses them right off.

And now I can see why. The ever-constant beeping! Dear lord, it gets on my nerves!

Upon waking, all I felt was pain. Pain...and the sensation that something was dreadfully wrong, and I hadn't noticed it yet. Hell, the pain was so bad, I felt disinclined to even open my eyes. I did, however, find the position that I'd been forced into felt both odd and natural.

Once I waved in the general direction of the beeping, I heard a voice. A very familiar voice. "Nurse! Nurse, he's awake! Somepony get the doctor, he's waking up!"

I groaned and waved in the general direction of the voice. "Measured, keep it down. My everything hurts."

"Oh. Sorry."

There was silence for a minute, until the sound of hooves on tile caught my attention. "Well, Auric, this is quite the predicament you've landed in, isn't it?"

"Tell me straight, doc, how bad is it?"

There was a chuckle. "Well, whatever you did to save Measured Thought had some serious backlash. What all do you remember?"

"Saving her, and from then on...well, things get weird. But between saving her and now, nothing I can accept as genuine."

"Hmm. Well, she was stabbed, but whatever you did stopped her from dying. We kept her for a night to observe for side effects, but she's fine. You, on the other hoof. It took you two days to stabilize, but you seem to be fine now."

I sighed in relief at that. "I assume I have at least one curious lavender visitor? Perhaps a certain pegasus Guard wishes to pay his respects as well?"

There was a chuckle from every pony present. "A bit more than that, but I can tell those two that you're ready for them if you'd like."

"Yes, please, start me off slow."

The sound of hooves walking away filled my ears for a few minutes, until I picked up on the fact that there was still the sound of breathing coming from nearby. "Measured?"

And then my left shoulder was promptly punched. "What the BUCK were you thinking, Auric?!"

I winced in pain. "Ow! That anything was worth your life? That if I could, I would save you? How could you think anything else of me?"

She sighed. "Yes, well, be that as it may, no more life-or-death situations, mister! You are going to take it easy!"

I sighed as well, but in resignation. "Yes, mom. If I eat my vegetables, do I get to go out and play after dinner?"

Before she could offer a retort, there was the sound of rapid hooves approaching, and the door opened. "Oh my goodness, he's awake? And alright? No trauma? His mind seems to be intact?"

I rolled my eyes under my eyelids. "Hello Twilight. Would you like to calm down?"

There was the sound of sheepish laughter. "Eheheh. Right. So, Auric, how are you feeling?"

I tried to shrug. "Could be worse. I assume Flash is here as well?"

There was silence for a beat before I heard a reply. "Yes, I am. And I would like to apo-"

I cut in before he could finish that sentence. "It. Is. Not. Your. Fault. You did all you could, you did all anyone could in your situation. The only way you could place the blame on yourself is if you willingly got that crystal implanted into you, and I don't think you did. So do not apologize, do not grovel, do not beg for forgiveness. In the end, it all turned out well."

Silence reigned for a moment before I heard Flash speak up again. "I...Thank you. I needed to hear that."

"It would appear the backlash did not alter the way he has with words, so that's a plus..."

I turned to face Twilight's approximate location. "Why does everyone go on about the backlash? I mean, yes, there would be some from doing what I did, but is it really so bad?"

It was Measured who spoke up next. "Well, yes. It would appear that whatever body your powers of Alchemy constructed was tied in deeply with your power. So when you did...whatever you did to deplete your power so, your body...changed."

I felt a knot in my stomach. "Changed. How?"

Twilight interjected. "Well, seeing as how your body wasn't native to Equestria, without any power to maintain it, it altered to become something more...suited for you and the world."

An icy tingle of fear ran up my spine. "Are you...mirror. Is there a mirror in the room?"

There was a tingle of magic, and Twilight spoke up again. "There is now. Just...take it easy, Auric. It'll come as a shock."

I breathed deeply once, twice, and then forced my eyes open.

I did not like what I saw.

Staring into the mirror in front of me revealed a unicorn stallion with an orange coat, a black mane and tail that turned to gold at the tips, crystal-blue hooves, golden eyes, and a cutie mark of an eclipse on his flank. He was currently lying down atop a hospital bed, and standing next to him was Measured Thought. The dots were connected at lightning speed.

Without any power to maintain my human form, I'd become a pony.

I wanted to scream, yell, shout, but that twinge of fear kept running up my spine. I gulped and nodded at the image before me, and it vanished, revealing Twilight and Flash had been behind it. "So. One question that I need you to answer. Did you tell Celestia?"

Twilight cocked her head to the right in confusion. "Yes, but why..."

A call reverberated through the hospital. A call said by an eerily familiar voice. "Oh Siiiiiilver Liiiiiining, I'm coming for yooooooouuuu!"

Aw HELL NAH!

Author's Note:

Short chapter. Really more of an epilogue.
Buuuut I am considering making another story in the series.
No promises.

Comments ( 108 )

...goddamned ponyfication.

*cue benny hill theme*

You're welcome.

Please make a sequel?:fluttershysad: we will love and adore you and give you all of our upvotes?

Yes, please do it. I just finished reading both stories (great timing by the way), and I'm dying to see more.

CLASSIC. ENDING.

Here's hoping for a continuation!

...Why the hell did you ponify him. Why. WHY. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY. *Shot self in the head*

Fuckin ruined the story for me... especially because it DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Just a damn reason to get Auric to be a pony.

Best ending ever.:pinkiehappy:

A call reverberated through the hospital. A call said by an eerily familiar voice. "Oh Siiiiiilver Liiiiiining, I'm coming for yooooooouuuu!"

Aw HELL NAH!

Aw HELL YEAH:rainbowlaugh: and we're loving every minute of it:rainbowlaugh::pinkiecrazy:

PERFECT ending:pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy: now if you'll excuse me, I'm needing to follow you so IF you do make more I get a notice:ajbemused:

4302107 NICE!! I like it but I think I'll stick with the classic but I'll remember this

I'd certainly like to see more. I imagine he gets his human body back, given the time travel...ish meeting of himself.

Considering? No, you have to make a sequel or I will turn you into a banana! :pinkiecrazy:

"Oh Siiiiiilver Liiiiiining, I'm coming for yooooooouuuu!"

Literally woke up my entire family when I read that. They were not happy, but I couldn't be happier.

I'm sorry, but with an ending like that, an especially the previous chapter, you've really got to make a sequel. Could be a one a shot or whole thing, but there has to be more.

maybe Eris can change you back. She has a lot of power and can manipulate the forms of other creatures. However it is hard and time consuming to do so. Especially to an unwilling victim.

4302157

Well said. I shall join thee in the turning of the author into a banana if said "considered" sequel is dismissed.


..Not sure what I was thinking when I typed that last sentence. Probably a side effect of reading the ending.

4302270
Oh side effect? I do not get what's wrong, it sounds like a sober me.

Goddammit. You make these last two chapters, chapters full of questions that are answered, but ultimately leave us with only more questions, and you say you might do a sequel?!?!:twilightoops::flutterrage::twilightoops::flutterrage::twilightoops:
...You big tease.:trollestia::twilightblush::trollestia::twilightblush::trollestia:

Kind of a really short story here, if you were to end it all here. I mean, it's functional, but it's not all that good. I would use an analogy, but I can't come up with one right now.

I say, go for one more story arc, there's potentially lots more that can be done with premise of the story, god knows it's popular enough to have more people read it, and there are still some questions and plot elements that are seemingly left up in the air, and up to interpretation.

I think a slower, calmer, more paced story, is in order, considering Auric is now a pony, along with the slew of other changes that come with this.

But I can't really say I am all that pleased with Auric losing his powers, nor does it make sense. Plus, all the bridge burning didn't sit all that well with me, unfortunatly, considering it was a plot element so pominant in the first and second story. Okay, here me out, because I think this is a fuck massive plot hole. Auric in the void said that all immortals come to the void. Auric is a unicorn pony, who was once a human who was immortal, right? Right. All immortals come to the void like place when they "die", right? Right. Auric is a human in the void like area, right? Right. Auric is now a mortal, Unicorn Equine, in spite of a version of him, from the future, that is an immortal human with enough "power" to send him back,

Catch my drift?

Fun story, deserves a sequel because major plot holes, and has enough of a following to be successful/

Well, she was stabbed

She wasn't stabbed, her neck was slit, there's a difference. Awwww, now I'm craving to use the machete is just bought today, but there's no one to use it on:fluttershysad:

Celestia running to see Auric as a pony after what happened some number or other chapters back is H O R R I F Y I N G!

Yes more please.

4302118 reference to an earlier moment in the story. Remember when he played 'sex for hire' in front of Celestia's guards? Yeah, she's getting back at him more.

You know what? I'm satisfied even if this is the last bit you publish of this series. This was a satisfying ending.

Twas a great end for a truely amazing story... but do epics really ever end? :twilightsheepish:

Aww what? Why make him a pony? That's boring! You could of at least made him an incubus. :trixieshiftleft:

THAT ENDING!:rainbowlaugh::pinkiecrazy:
I want to read the reactions they all have!

PLEASE MAKE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flutterrage: that's if you want to:fluttershysad:

this is good :pinkiehappy: .
must read more :pinkiecrazy: .

"I get it" -Nappa

please make him human again..:facehoof: i like stories where the human gets turned into a pony but after being so used to him as a human...its just odd

want the sequel

This magnificent author ponified Auric for the greatest reason of all.

Comedy.

...Alright, fine.
Y'all convinced me.
There will be a sequel, one day!
...Just not tomorrow.
And I will make this promise about it!
Auric's human form will return!
...Just not right away.
Gonna have some fun with this first.

Ahem... Sandy asked me to hand you a note.

Sandy's note: "Dem Flanks tho... I can see why your girlfriend likes you~"

He was human in the time beyond time, so obviously he's not a pony forever.

4302350 No I think she was stabbed through the throat. Kinda hard to slit a throat with a spear.

...this is gonna be quite a ride (when the sequel is released, anyway). And I'm gonna enjoy it. Thoroughly.

NAHAHHBHAHFSHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHAHHAAAAAAHAA!!! DIE IN HELL! SLKFAJHLKSAF NAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! conniedavisjohnson.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/95885380.jpg?w=300&h=199

Hang on, in the Nexus, the other him said hi immortality would return at some point, probably, so if it did, wouldn't his power return with it?
If it did, he could probably turn himself human again, thereby allowing him to return to his original satus of a human wielder of hi designated Weapon of Madness.

4302133 Understandable, it's a classic for a reason; however please consider Erock later for all your awesome metal needs.
No seriously you should go check out his stuff.

Well... I wasn't expecting that. At least you can get over the whole 'Measured is a pony' thing now!

So, with Auric's new form things are going to get a hell of a lot more interesting from here on out, that is if we get a sequel.
*hint hint*
Honestly, now that Auric isn't powerful enough to swat away gods with nigh but a thought, a journey across the world is in order!

Please invoke dark magic to get that pony body destroyed and replaced with some less used idea.

The ending was cringeworthy. A sign of a good ending. Great way to tie everything together in a little story bundle. Sequel please.

You could of gone with something different instead of a pony, there's a whole slew of different creatures that you could've picked, yet that's the first thing you did *sigh* the majority of the stories on here were human a gets turned into pony is getting really old even if they do pull it well. Look what I'm trying to say is the next time we turn them into something please pick something different, you know at least something that's not as common as a pony it's just not as interesting to me, story's still go though so no worries there.

Hold the phone.

If his body was changed to be more suited to both him and Equestria...

Why is he a pony?:rainbowhuh:

He just proved that he's a reality bender, he's immortal (or will be again, given time), and he's got the whole light/dark split-personality thing going on.

Why wasn't he restored into something that reflects that better, say, a draconequus? Or maybe even an Alicorn? Why is he a unicorn of all things?!

His powers exceed unicorn magic. How could whatever guided his transition equate the two to such an extent? His powers seem much closer to Discord's, than a pony's.

And if it was more about the physical aspect, instead of his magical nature, why not a minotaur instead? It's much closer to his original form, minotaurs are already supposed to be half-man, and they're also native to equestria... Turning into a pony doesn't make any sense!
This development does not sit right with me. :trixieshiftleft:
Still. I eagerly await the sequel!:scootangel:

GGRRrr
[Can you make a picture with how Auric looks like?]
GGRRrr
[I am not very good at thinking what he looks like based on description.]

thanks for the update! :twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

AAAAAAAAAAAA why did you haft to tern him in to a pony :facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof:

Login or register to comment