• Published 25th Sep 2013
  • 13,351 Views, 389 Comments

All for You - Stryke



It was never supposed to end like this. Princess Cadance has saved all of Equestria from the changeling threat. What comes next isn't going to be half as easy. One wedding may be cancelled, but a new engagement has begun.

  • ...
73
 389
 13,351

Epilogue: Making Room for Us

"So how much did you know?"

Celestia looked up from her own private reflections in her throne room. The party outside had long since burned out and Canterlot for now was at peace.

She turned to her sister on the balcony who was silhouetted against the night sky. "Not much," she admitted. "I saw something hidden approaching Canterlot, which was why I increased the palace security, and then after that I saw Cadance and Shining Armour at the altar so I knew that it was linked somehow to their impending betrothal."

"Oh," Luna said, as if finally connecting some dots. "I had wondered what was with your expression when Chrysalis transformed."

"I almost dropped the rings," Celestia confessed. "I had begun to think my visions had been wrong for once."

Luna snorted. "I'd have thought you'd have known better than that by now, my sister." Her expression became uncertain. "We did do the right thing, didn't we?"

Celestia stepped down from her throne to approach her sister. "Sometimes I think the price of living so long is getting to see just how all of your mistakes turn out in the long run."

"Sister?" Luna asked, moving to Celestia's side.

"I told Cadance to ask Chrysalis about the changeling's history," she said, and leaned in closer in a gesture of sisterly affection. "Now, I don't know why. After all, how could a changeling now know everything that happened."

"Especially given how few of them escaped my campaign," Luna said, an odd mix of pride and regret in her voice. "I was suitably thorough after what they'd done."

"Yes, yes you were," Celestia agreed sadly. "I never should have sent you."

Luna shook her head. "I know what you regret," she said firmly. "But I would not have taken no for an answer at the time."

"You never would have had to if I hadn't tried to help them once before," Celestia said, her gaze somewhere else, and a very long time a go. "If I hadn't shown pity back then, I..."

Luna hugged her sister close. "You did what you did with the best of intentions, and If you hadn't, what happened today could never have happened. As you say, we have lived a long time, and perhaps that is long enough for a mistake to yet work itself out in the end."

"Hmmm," Celestia murmured. "You might be right."

"It does happen on occasion," Luna, said with a wink.

They fell into a comfortable silence born of familiarity until a thought arose again that she had been putting off "That wasn't the only vision I've had recently," Celestia said, a look of worry crossing her face. "A great evil is returning to our lands and we will need to be prepared. We may even need to release Discord from his prison."

"Sister!" Luna exclaimed, as she jumped to her hooves. "Please tell me that this is some mischief of yours."

"I wish that it was," she said, feeling her sister's tension. A thought crossed her mind again that over the last few weeks that would not leave her alone. The thought that she had finally believed might have been disproved this time before Chrysalis had shown her vision to be true once again.

Please can I be wrong about what is coming, she thought. Just once, please let me be wrong.

~~~

Sunset Shimmer flipped the page that she was reading and settled further back into her chair. There had been some commotion going on in the rest of the palace, but it nothing to do with her and her ambitions, so she had paid it little to no mind. That Trixie mare however had been of some interest. Not like at all the occasional researcher or scholar that she would make a point of ignoring. That would have to be a name to bear in mind for the future.

The leather-bound tome she was reading was old, old enough that the leather might not have been obtained in the proper civilised fashion, but it was full of fanciful nonsense. She had occasionally wondered what a book of foalish tales was doing in this library which contained the greatest treatises on magic to be found in all of Equestria, if not the whole known world.

She had finally given into her curiosity and so far she had been right. Any right thinking graduate of the school for gifted unicorns could tell you that Queen Majesty had never existed having resulted from a simple error of translation by Clover the Not-so-Clever. Yet this book talked about her as if she was an actual historical figure.

Sunset was about to discard the book, and possibly mark it for transfer to a more suitable library, like one for the under fives, when she stopped and studied the margin of the page that she was on intently. She wasn't much of librarian, but she was enough of one that the sight of such vandalism to a book made her tut out loud. Then though Sunset realised what exactly she had discovered. The passage was in regard to the magical mirror from which it was said that Queen Majesty could create ponies from nothing, but what had drawn her attention was what was scrawled next to it. Sunset recognised the style of quill-work in a heart beat. After all she was sitting in a library full of his writings.

She felt her pulse quicken as the possibilities opened up before her eyes. More research would be called for. A lot more research, but this was what she had been looking for so long to find. A way to finally bring down the reign of Princess Celestia, a way that she would never see coming, and it would all be due to just six little words written by Star Swirl the Bearded so very long ago.

'I know how she did it.'

~~~

Queen Thorndust stepped into the throne room of Hive Nychus casting her veil aside as she did so. She had nothing to fear of the lowly drones that would have otherwise barred her path, but frankly she neither had the time or patience for such trifling matters so a veil was far more convenient.

She shook her head. She'd had reason to be here before, but it was just as tiresome as last time. Unlike more civilised changelings the preferred decoration around here was bone with pride of place given to the giant bleached skull of an elder dragon hanging over the throne.

The one that had personally claimed the immense trophy was currently snarling out her name and looking most put out for some reason. Thorndust couldn't imagine why. She suspected that some might find the skull impressive, but really what was the point in such base pursuits of power?

There was one change that had not been here last time. An earth pony with the dotted markings of a winding trail on his flank was observing her with alert eyes. Far too alert for a pony that was being used as food and yet the heavy chain around his neck spoke of his lack of choice in being here. Interesting, most interesting, Thorndust thought as she tucked that oddity away for investigation later.

"Queen Nychus," Thorndust said abruptly in the pony tongue. Partly as she knew that it would annoy Nychus who always needed a good needling, and partly for the benefit of the unexpected guest of her hospitality. "We should talk."

"I have nothing to say to you," Nychus growled, as she stepped menacingly towards the other queen. Unlike most changeling queens that tended to be slim and angular Nychus had always more reminded Thorndust of a rhino from distant Zebrica. The belligerence and smell also probably had something to do with that.

"Oh, but you do," Thorndust pressed. "I bring word of Chrysalis."

Nychus grunted. "She's dead. Killed her myself."

"Her daughter, Nychus," Thorndust said with a heavy sigh. "Her daughter."

"What do I care of that whelp?"

"She attacked Canterlot," Thorndust said.

Nychus let out a low whistle. "That is impressive," she conceded. "Insane, but impressive. So Chrysalis' whelp is no more?"

"Enslaved, from what my little bird tells me," Thorndust said, scuffing some bone dust from her hooves.

"She should count herself fortunate," Nychus said, and shrugged. "Still don't see what this is to do with me."

"'We are now the last true pure-blooded queens left with an unbroken line stretching back to the change," Thorndust said, her eyes gleaming in the darkness of the hive. "There is opportunity there, and power."

Nychus raised an eye ridge at that. "The drones speak of true queens that fled over the sea."

Thorndust chuckled darkly. "They do, don't they."

Nychus grinned back. "I had suspected," she said. "But what about Queen P—"

"She is no longer changeling!" Thorndust snapped, her expression one of pure venomous hate, and her horn blazed with wild magic. "She is unclean!"

"That she is. So I ask again why are you here?" Nychus said, and grinned nastily. "Unless you just want to give up your head and make it just the one."

Thorndust chose her words with deliberate intonation. "Before her defeat Chrysalis somehow managed to consume enough love to strike down the Tyrant."

Nychus leapt out of her throne while the collared pony gasped in disbelief. "The whelp did that?" she yelled. "We have really cowered for so long for nothing?"

"But wait, it gets even better," Thorndust said, and licked her lips with her long purple tongue. "There is a new alicorn that has arisen to stand with the Tyrant and the Bane. She was the one that enslaved Chrysalis with..." She paused to savour the moment.

"Will you get on with it?"

"With the power of love," Thorndust said, and let loose a piercing cackle.

Nychus roared with laughter causing the pony to wince as his eardrums threatened to rupture.

"On top of that she was able to partially remove Majesty's great working on several drones."

"Unbelievable," Nychus said. "But that does sound like an alicorn we should make a point of getting acquainted with."

"Indeed she does," Queen Thorndust said, inwardly rejoicing that Nychus had proven as easy to manipulate as she had expected. Soon the king would return as the visions had told her so, and he was but the least of those from the distant past that she had seen moving to reclaim their power once more. Only considering their names was enough to make her quiver with anticipation. In the impending chaos and distraction a clever changeling could change the fate of nations, and Thorndust knew that she was a very clever changeling indeed.

She favoured the pony with a quick conspiratorial wink and smiled using all of her fangs when he flinched back. Thorndust gathered her magic about herself as she focused on her intended destination elsewhere in the badlands. As the hive faded around her a pleasant thought crossed her mind.

Things are about to get interesting.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this story and I hope that you've enjoyed it. I made a whole bunch of promises about what I was going for and while everything didn't go like I planned I also hope that I at least somewhat fulfilled them.

I'm going to be putting some notes together on my blog in the next few days as this went through a whole bunch of changes and rethinks along with easily being the most challenging fic I've attempted so far.

I also hope that you'll stick around for the sequel that should be starting next year, tentatively titled To Love a Crystal Heart.

Three years later Edit in November 2017: As you've probably noticed that did not happen. I just don't have the same interest in writing ponyfic as I used to, admittedly not helped by some of the reaction this fic.

Shame, as while on looking back I think Crystal Heart by necessity would have had to have gone dark again, if not even darker to do Sombra justice which would have got me even more grief, I had plans for much, much fluffier follow ups based on the Crystal Games and Equestria Girls that it's a bugger I never got to. The EqG one especially as I had Chrysi's and Cadance's reaction to going through the mirror written and I thought that scene was deeply amusing. I was then going to do a big epic finale involving the other changeling queens, Celestia's vision, and just who that pony prisoner is, but really the show has long moved on and so have I.

Comments ( 55 )

I know what I'm doing tonight.:rainbowkiss:

I eagerly await everything related to this story. You really did a phenomenal job of balancing the creepiness and the adorableness of Chrysalis and Cadence as a couple, and without ruining Shining Armor's life, as I know many do. That is no small feat.

Ech. I don't know. I really liked the premise of this story, but it turned out so very different then it seemed to be to me at first. This has nothing to do with the quality of the story... the best way I can put it is this: I started reading a comedic romance story (am I crazy or did this have a comedy tag?) between characters who had to overcome a problem. I finished reading a (in my opinion) rather dark story with either a lot of unresolved issues (as I would personally look at it) or where the issues somehow turn out to be the solution. Arguably there is sort of a happy end, but I just can't see it that way. I find the whole story very disturbing (which again doesn't say anything about its quality). I just don't know if I can stomach more of this... I am a sucker for light-hearted happy fluffy cutesy stories, I do less well with darker stuff. All this mental and physical manipulation stuff that apparently is accepted by all parties for some reason really bothers me :P

At any rate, I did read the whole thing so I wanted to know how it finished enough to do that. Thank you for writing it.

Loved it. Will be interesting to see how Sunset will go with whatever she found, presumably referencing the Mirror Pool if my memory's not failing me. Queen Nychus and Thorndust seem to be quite a problem, though their faulty intel with Chryssy will no doubt prove their downfall. Wonder who the pony with them is, though.

Soon the king would return

Gee, I wonder who that could be! Hope you keep Sombra suitably in character, a villain who doesn't care about leaving an impression, who doesn't care about impressing his enemies with flare and speeches and riddles, who only cares about killing them.

Next year? Not too far off. I await To Love a Crystal Heart!

5334760 Have to echo this. The fluff from the beginning left at some point, and with so many side plots stealing focus from the main issue, I feel that the Chrysadance interaction itself was reduced to a side show. Shining Armor and Trixie's subplots seem especially distracting. The thing with the rebelling changelings would have been a nice test for a relationship forged under such unusual circumstances, with Chrysalis and Cadance still having to arrange themselves, but it kind of went on in the background, with Twilight's moral dilemma resolved in a very anticlimatic way.

I expect a sequel to this story

5334770
what about that broodlord or whatever that was as second twilight?

and yeah gender belt totally forgot it and its strange because i should remember this because baldurs gate had this too :p

Good ending, and looking forward to the sequel. I'll be honest, the climax wasn't quite as climactic as I'd hoped for, but then you showed pretty succinctly how the standard cliche wedding plot would have happened, and... ouch.

So a nice ending with everyponyone happy, or at least content and satisfied, and no one made a villain or buttmonkey for cheap laughs. Best that could be hoped for, I'd say. The bride and other bride are together, Gleamy's being chill about it, the changelings have a future. Trixie's got, if not actual love, then at least a little happiness and respect for once, and a nice strategic vantage point if she decides to pursue Twilight again. (Yeah, as if I'd give up my favorite ship.) Twilight's got a new field of research. And Sunset's got a plan...

Let's hope for a great sequel.

And now we have two new enemy Queens lurking in the shadows. I can't wait to see how things play out with the return of the Crystal Empire.

And I thought there was decent foreshadowing at the end of the previous chapter.

5334760
5334909

I thought the wedding was pretty damn light and fluffy but hey. As I know these two comments are not going to be the end of it I've put together some author's notes in my blog addressing this along with my many other issues with writing this fic.

Hope that you'll check it out.

http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/410997/all-for-you-the-post-match-analysis

Though if not while this is the end of this story the continuing tale is just getting started and Cadance and Chrysalis' relationship still has a long way to go which is why a lot is as yet unresolved at this point. I fully understand if this is where you want to get off though.

5336038

Cue Discord running in ten minutes later screaming, "I need an adult! I need an adult!"

Nice, plus it would save them using the Elements :pinkiehappy:

5335474

I see where you're coming from. That was just me having a bit of fun that as the swarm lord was calling himself Dusk it seemed fitting at least one that he change into a male Twilight :facehoof:

5335155

But I was so subtle, how can you tell? :derpytongue2:

5334876

Agggh, so many things I could say, but also not want to give stuff away just yet.

All I will say is that the name of Nychus' prisoner has been mentioned in this fic already. If anyone can work out who it is I'll be pretty impressed.

5338114

I read the blog thing. Can't do much more then shrug my shoulders and go "ok". Its basically how you view the fic I think, and how anyone views anything is personal anyway.

As for the wedding being light and fluffy, let me paint the picture of how I see it as I read and remember the fic (and usually I would reread the whole thing before posting a comment like this, but in this case I just don't want to).

We have Candace who gave up the love of her life to save Canterlot and maybe Equestria. She knows she did, but because of what she did she doesn't care. The one she is marrying has no choice in the matter, she is brainwashed by Cadance, mentally manipulated, whatever. This happened more then once and she is even aware of it, but because of the mental manipulation she can't get any further then "I don't like it, but because I love you I'll let it pass." Even though both she and the reader knows the love is not real. Cadance meanwhile actually enjoys the power she has over Chrysalis.

Shining, being the love of Cadance's life and having Cadance for the love of his life, has all the love for his wife-to-be drained out of him and replaced with hatred. I'm not even sure if he knows this, but either way, because of the hatred he doesn't care. He also gets turned into a mare and for some reason or other actually enjoys this (seriously, wtf?). Absolutely everyone except for Twilight seems to be perfectly happy with all this. From the epilogue it even seems Celestia planned al of this to some degree... Again, seriously, wtf?

The only person who (as far as I can see rightfully) sees the problem with all of this is Twilight. Her brother and babysitter were supposed to get married, but her babysitter sacrificed everything to save Canterlot and/or Equestria. Naturally she wants to help them, but in the end she discovers that this would make her the monster (third time, wtf?).

So during the wedding itself nothing dark happens, but a lot of the main characters are either forced into something or forcing others into something and actually enjoying it. Pretty much everyone seems to be aware of this and for some reason ok with it. I can have respect for no one, loathing for some and pity for others. I just can't see how I can see any of this as light, fluffy or comedic. The fact that no one gets hit, killed, or whatever else during the ceremony doesn't change the fact that in my eyes everything that is happening is utterly and completely wrong. I just don't care one bit about all the other side-plots because all of this is just so messed up (in my opinion).

And I repeat, none of this is me saying its a bad story, but as far as I'm concerned I can only see it as dark and sad. I'm not critiquing, I'm just trying to convey how I look at it when it comes to tags, genre and the overall feeling I am left with after finishing this story.

5338274

That's fair enough that you feel like that, but to me there are a number of misreadings and misunderstandings which I have to take some of the fault for as the writer.

Even though both she and the reader knows the love is not real.

I'd argue by the wedding the love is real. As Chrysalis says in chapter 3 she's something that feeds on love or is in love with the princess of love so who better then them to say if it is real or not. A large point of the conversation before the wedding is Chrysalis stating that as well that she's understood what Cadance has done and is going through, and as long as Cadance knows where the line is which she had very much crossed, she's happy for that love to continue.

Shining, being the love of Cadance's life and having Cadance for the love of his life, has all the love for his wife-to-be drained out of him and replaced with hatred. I'm not even sure if he knows this, but either way, because of the hatred he doesn't care. He also gets turned into a mare and for some reason or other actually enjoys this (seriously, wtf?). Absolutely everyone except for Twilight seems to be perfectly happy with all this. From the epilogue it even seems Celestia planned al of this to some degree... Again, seriously, wtf?

Wow, okay, yikes, no wonder you had problems with this fic. It was not hatred but horror and disgust as Shining was feeling for Cadance what he had only been feeling subconsciously for Chrysalis when he was under her control due to the spell. Over the course of the fic this is slowly wearing off or at least lessening so we go from him unable to even be in her presence, to carrying out a difficult conversation, to being haunted by regret, to making the decision that while his love might have been taken the last time, this time round to make Cadance happy he can give away his claim of his own choosing. The turning into a mare was a total accident and the general opinion of the time was a general WTF have we/you done so I'd hardly say it was perfectly happy. Shining though is a tough sort learns to adapt and once he gains the ability to change his gender decides to have a bit of fun with it which after the days he's just had is hopefully understandable. Celestia absolutely did not plan this which is just what. We know from the Tirek ep that she has vague visions of what is coming which really does explain a lot about her decision making over the course of the show imo and this is entirely what that section is referring to.

Naturally she wants to help them, but in the end she discovers that this would make her the monster (third time, wtf?).

Well, no, the point there is basically is that sooner or later you have to cut your losses as trying to fix this would only make things even worse.

Thanks for your comments and I hope that makes what I was going for a bit clearer. I'm still relatively new at this writing thing so I'm still trying to learn and that helps me avoid fucking up in future (I hope!)

Nice ending with several good hooks for the sequel. Celestia, for the love of You keep Discord sealed up. He was far more trouble than any possible worth and there's a half-dozen others Twilight can get the Key from off the top of my head!

5365788

At last! Someone noticed that :pinkiehappy:

5376831

I hope that the rest of it does not disappoint then.

5366430 WHICH ONE?!?!?!?! I MUST KNOW!!!!:flutterrage:

Not a bad ending to this story though. But kinda felt like everything fell into place and wrapped up a little too easily for my taste, buuuut I digress since you have a sequel planned to throw everything off its rocker. So that'll be a plus then:twilightsmile:

5471596

The Twixie fic referenced is Out in the Cold,

Also cheers :pinkiehappy:

5524194

That one was absolutely a reference,

(The Batman one not so much :pinkiehappy:)

I really wanted this story to work, I really did, but I just can't continue. I stuck with it all the way through chapter 8, but there's just too much going on for me to really enjoy the story.

What you have here is an amalgamation of various fics clustered into one to try to appeal to a broad range of audiences that should only really have one plot line. I think the problem started with the first appearance of 'Gleaming Shield'. Introducing her as a 'character' sent the rest of the story spiraling into chaos. Instead of having a story focused on the interactions between Chrysalis and Cadence and how the others react to it/try to stop it, you began adding little snippets of other romances that, at first, seemed benign, but then transformed into rather large distractions from the main story. You've spent so much time trying to create and build the attraction of all these ponies to Gleaming Shield that you've had to shoehorn other characters (i.e. Trixie and Sunset Shimmer, however much I like them as characters elsewhere) in just to keep that plot element moving. It's really unnecessary and seems to have distracted you from the primary plot elements.

Then there's the changeling thing going on. This, at first, was pretty interesting. The changelings decided that their queen wasn't the best for the job and were plotting to act against it, but everything was just too contrived and resolved too quickly. You had Dusk who inexplicably gains an attraction to Twilight (beginning down the road to my greatest hatred in fanfiction, OC x Canon shippings) who is utterly useless other than to create tension between himself, Chrysalis, Twilight, and the others. Then, when the changelings actually do try to kidnap Cadence, it's over in seconds with random deus ex machina magic that starts turning the changelings back into the flutter ponies. That plot point (the bit about the changelings' curse being broken) would have been good had it not been for everything beforehand.

I loved your story Random Elements and somewhat like it's sequel (didn't quite hold up to its predecessor), but this one just falls flat for me. I wanted it to work. I love ChryDence, but there's just too much random junk going on to keep me interested.

5720383 I couldn't agree more, you explained better than I could've.

6053252 The Monster In the Twilight.

saw this just recently, read it from start to finish and ill say that you are a talented writer but the plot structure was not very good, to come out and say that the leaders of the world are OK with mind manipulation in such is kinda saying that a justice of the state would be ok with murder so long as it was their own relative that murdered someone
so i cannot give you a like or a dislike.

6122387

:rainbowderp: I don't think I ever did say that?

Princess Celestia was not at all happy with Cadance's initial action won Chrysalis' affections. More importantly she is not at all aware of how Cadance brought Chrysalis round in the face of her ultimatum and she certainly would not at all approve if she did.

I agree on the plotting structure though. Then given the nightmares I had working on this fic it's miraculous I ever finished it any state so take it as it is basically :pinkiehappy:

5720383 Late to the party, but this. All of this.

Huh... Well, to be frank, you're missing a tag. I feel comedy would have been reasonable on this, what with the very crack-esque aspects riddled throughout. Really, the premise was great, but damn if things didn't start to play out like an un-aired episode of The Twilight Zone. The lesbian threesome and Gleaming Shield subplots, Sunset Shimmer, And pretty clear Dusk/Twilight ship were all just so random, distracting, and honestly unbelievable in their ridiculousness as to make the whole story come off as more a big joke than a piece meant to be taken seriously.
This story felt like the literary incarnation of-

-unfocused plot development. I can see why you never got around to starting the sequel.
Welp, it wasn't awful. Wasn't great either, but not awful, so I won't downvote this, though I'm not upvoting it either.

All that being said however, I truly suggest you write a new story with this premise; a rewrite if you will. This is a great idea and I think you've probably learned enough from this first attempt that you can do it justice with a second go. Keep what works, like the first chapter, and remove what doesn't, like all the subplots and secondary romances.
I really do want to see this story done right.

6406372

The reason I've not done more yet is this fic was a nightmare where whatever I did I ended up pissing off someone and really who needs that aggro?

Hell the reason it doesn't have a comedy tag like it used too is people kept complaining it was too dark! Which was also the reason I added the subplots like Trixie too keep things from getting too grim and say what you like it did help me keep writing it too finish the bloody thing which was looking severely touchy on occasion when yet another Shining Armour fan turned up to whine that he should be getting a threesome.

Thankfully some people liked it anyway and I probably will get round to the sequel eventually. Just had other projects on the go that have taken up my creative energy this year.

That was a fun ride. I'm glad Chryssie ended up happy. Also, all that foreshadowing.

Can't wait for the sequel!

6563908 I'm glad you liked it!

An enjoyable story. The mind-warping didn't sit entirely well with me, but it reached a satisfying conclusion in my opinion. Some fantastically humorous moments throughout, and a surprisingly deep backstory for the changelings, and Equestria at large.:moustache: Well done.

7192773

Thanks man :pinkiehappy:

The fic was an absolute nightmare both to write and to deal with the reactions to it so when anyone does still like the story it really does cheer me up.

7197204 binge read this today/yesterday. I rather like it, somewhat diffuse but maybe reading it all in one go helped. Waiting for the sequel now, too many plot hooks to be used. Soon, maybe? :pinkiehappy:

I liked this overall, but I do agree with some of the criticism. It could have been more focused, the mind control stuff was a bit off-putting, and I didn't feel like the reactions of the mane 6 and Shining were really working. That said I still enjoyed it and would be interested to see if you could take what you've learned from this and translate that into a really stellar sequel.

What, above all else, i don't get is why you decided to keep Chrysalis brainwashed in the end. For me it made the whole marriage scene weaker since it made questionable whether Chrysalis consent was real or not, i know you implied/stated several times in the story that it was but on the other hand "It's what cadence wants to hear so of course that's what she is going to claim." is in effect. On the other hand if Cadance had simply removed the spell and Chrysalis had decided to marry her anyway not only would that have been a powerful scene in its own right it would also have remove the lingering dark overtone from the wedding scene... just my five cent. :twilightsheepish:

8291241
Okay, it's been awhile but I don't think there was a spell that Cadance could cancel even if she wanted to anymore than she could have made those two ponies she made make up in the show stop having feelings for each other in the show. What she did was transfer the love she had for Shining and the love that Shining had for her to Chrysalis. Trying to do that again would be yet another violation of Shining arguably if he was given back his love for Cadance, but then have it be denied again if she chose to stick with Chrysi.

Then this fic was such a nightmare that it basically killed doing pony writing for me so what do I know :derpytongue2:

Okay, lets this out there. So I just finished this story completely. I'll admit its good, it did make a believer out of me. and I LOVED some of your pop culture references(save for the smooze G1 >:( ). However I will admit there are some inaccuracies in your story. For one, I can honestly say that a spell that powerful, even by the show standards, isn't possible without more deadly and/or strenuous side effects involved. Next, You managed to reference the badlands hive several times but you forgot that Chrysalis and her changelings also occupied a small remote city as well. Finally, I don't really feel like Twilight would have taken such dreadful actions even in a full on state of insomnia filled panic. I do agree that she probably wouldn't be to quick to forgive though.

8572792
If you referencing the comics I don’t consider those canon, and I think that happened after the wedding if I remember right if I did.

What was the transformers ref you caught by the way? Apart from a watching the animated movie as a kid it’s not something I’ve paid that much attention to.

8573220
A. The comics ARE canon no matter how people try to slice it so that town does exist.

b. The Junkticon reference you made with the Speaker. I remember in the film the Junkticon leader spoke in broken English picked up from tv broadcast signals.

8576762
a) I don't really care enough to fight about it, so I'll just say that I disagree and if that still troubles you the fic is marked as an AU and so may not match up with the setting as you understand it exactly. Doubly so as this was written and finished long before Thorax appeared and you could still make a case that the only changeling that could speak pony was Chrysalis.

Which ties into point b) that it wasn't an intentional refference. Just me having fun with the idea that in the initial two parter that introduced the changelings they only ever parroted back what ponies said, so I came up with the concept of a changeling who specialised in picking up lines from all over Equestria and using them as a rudimentary way to communicate without a queen. Hell now I look back on it's probably closer to Predator.

8577458
That's literally similar to the junkticons leader when the Autobots met them. He spoke in quotes drawn mostly from old TV ads and shows.

8576762
The comics have Trixie living in Ponyville between her taking over the town with the Alicorn Amulet and her meeting Starlight Glimmer and becoming friends. They also state that it is possible to visit the moon using nothing but a lasso and some magic.

The comics are not canon.

Queen P-? Why does Queen Pinkie Pie come to mind there? With how things are a bit different, and a couple other tidbits I noticed... Three sisters was it that Trixie mentioned? :pinkiecrazy: Would sure explain the Mirror Pool more rationally. :derpytongue2:

9997503
Original concept there was that the four changeling queens would be based on the methods of the four chaos gods. Nychus being the warlike power through strength one, Thorndust would be guile and elaborate schemes, while the other Queen that's not Chrysi would be all about decay and being seriously freaky.

Was this story a rewrite or have a rewrite? The chapter titles, cover image, and premise sound familiar

10150311
Not as far as I'm aware.

LIl

tout lue et c'est nul

Login or register to comment