• Published 6th Jan 2023
  • 10,908 Views, 1,434 Comments

An Alternative Ending - ultrapoknee



When you discard something, it's easy to forget the wrongs you committed. But, more times than not, the past always comes back to remind you of your fallibility.

  • ...
42
 1,434
 10,908

The Aftermath

Author's Note:

Welp, this is it. Today's my birthday, and here is my gift to all of you. Thanks again for all the support, likes, and criticism. I am going to miss writing this story. But it's time to move onwards. Enjoy.

[Crystal Empire - One Week Later.]


"Now arriving at Crystal Empire station!" The conductor said.

"Behold, Crystal Empire, marvel at the spectacular debut of the Great and Powerful Trixie!" The show mare said with an array of fireworks sparkling behind her. The ponies at the station gave her applause, albeit one of confusion.

"Um, does she normally do this?" Sunburst asks Starlight who was pushing their luggage.

"Every new place she visits. She calls it sampling her potential audience," Starlight says. "Thanks for putting us up on such short notice,"

"Of course, I didn't want to waste a second after your part in the trial," Sunburst says as he frowns. "Did you have any trouble getting here, okay?"

"No. Trixie and I took the morning express. Although, some ponies did feel the need to lob trash through my window in the castle when I returned that day. So, I figured it was a mess Twilight could clean up for once,"

"I can hardly believe Princess Twilight and her friends could do such horrible things. They helped save the empire, for crying out loud!"

"Yeah, you think you know some mares,"

"I say good riddance!" Trixie says, coming next to her friends. "Ponyville was never worthy of our presence from the start. Now, the whole world knows what kind of ponies they are. But, um, there are no Equestrians here, right?"

"No anymore. Once the crystal ponies heard how Spike, the brave and glorious, all the ponies from Equestria got deported.
Cadance had to act fast to prevent total anarchy," Sunburst says.

"Then, it looks like it's a fresh start for all of us. Anyway, why don't you show us to the palace? There are some ideas I want to share when the Princess returns," Starlight says.


[Ponyville - Town Hall - One Week Later.]


"So, you are honestly doing this?" Chrysalis asks Jason.

"Yes," Jason said with his hands behind his back.

"We changelings may not use bits, but we understand their value. What you're about to do is wasteful,"

The two of them were standing in front of a large crowd. All of them were carrying various sums of bits and placing them in a large container per Jason's instructions. It was time to collect his first annual compensation for his pain and suffering. Many ponies gave Jason the harshest stink eye they could muster but not much else. Jason met their glares with cold indifference. However, he could not help but notice that all elements were missing from the gathering. Jason chalks that up to the shame and injuries. When the last bits fell into the cart, Mayor Mare spoke with utter contempt.

"There. All of Ponyville's businesses and half of their overall profits. Is this to your liking?"

"This is an absolute travesty!" A pony from the crowd yells out. Jason sees Filthy Rich struggling against the royal guards taking his earnings. "All of us ponies work hard for our money. And you're just giving it away to some freak of nature?!"

"He's practically a millionaire now. All those bits should be going to support us, not in a free handout!" Mr. Cake stated.

Other ponies begin voicing their displeasure as well before stopping while Jason laughs. "I-I guess the old saying is true; a nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse. You're still missing the point of all this. You're still clinging to the same bigot mindset that's led to your generous donation. It's alright. I have nothing more to gain from interacting with you anymore. But I don't think you're right about one thing. I don't want your money. It was never about that. It's about the message, and that message is..."

Jason snaps his finger as Chrysalis rolls her eyes. "You owe a lot of love for this," Chrysalis then charges a powerful spell and shoots it into the pile of bits. A moment later, the gold and jewelry dissolve in rust and slag. The ponies all gasp in horror as an unfamiliar smell fills the air. Filthy Rich crumbles under his wobbly legs as his hard-earned bits are reduced to nothing. "That was taxing,"

Chrysalis chuckles at her little pun as Jason addresses the crowd again. "Everything rots!" Jason tips over the cart of former bits with one final exclamation as a brown slug spills over the floor. "See you all next year,"


[Canterlot - One Week Later.]


The light echoes of hooves throughout the halls of Canterlot. Celestia looks to either side of her to side a line of royal guards - both day and night - giving her the best salute they can muster. Her sister is by her side, as always. However, Blueblood is currently flanking her right. He is sporting a sizeable self-satisfied grin. The group made their way into Celestia's throne room. Many pony nobles were attending, along with several ponies from news outlets. There were many cameras flashes as Celestia went to speak.

"Hello, my subjects. Today marks a day of new beginnings. I have sat upon this throne for a thousand years to govern you all. But now, my time has come to vacate the throne and rulership of this great nation. It has been and will be my greatest honor to serve you all as your Princess. However, the time has come for a change. This day is different from how I visioned it. But it is no less significant. I ask that you give these two ponies the same kindness, understanding, and admiration you've shown me. Now, would you two please face me?"

Princess Luna and Prince Blueblood do as instructed while Celestia's horn glows. Luna's regalia became a mixture of onyx with gold highlights, while her tiara was now the same size as Celestia's. Blueblood himself receives silver regalia and a crown similar to Twilights'. Luna offers her sister a soft, sad smile. In contrast, Blueblood could not stop grinning like a mad pony. "Thank you so much for placing your faith in me, Auntie. I promise to uphold Canterlot's values as you did. I am glad you finally came to your sense regarding your successor. Having that low-born pretender tarnish and sully the crown and your good name is almost too much to bear,"

At the mention of Twilight, the news ponies went into a frenzy. "Princess, Princess! What's to come of the former Princess of Friendship?"

"Have you also added a punishment for her and the elements?"

"Will new elements be selected?"

"Have you disowned them?"

"Are you ashamed that the mare you picked was a failure?"

"Silence!" Celestia said with the royal Canterlot voice. "The matter concerning Twilight and her friends was already resolved. I see no reason to add to their punishment, which would be unjust and cruel. However, this day is not about looking into the past but stepping in the right direction toward the future. Now, I step down as a high-acting princess and welcome my two successors. Princess Luna and Prince Blueblood,"

There was a brief pause before the ponies began applauding. "We thank you for your acceptance. Just as it was upon my return from my banishment, I shall serve Equestria and renew our values so that all of our subjects can enjoy the friendship and harmony I know Equestria possesses!" Princess Luna said.

"How can we trust the word of another princess that fell to darkness?"

Luna nearly winces at the question as she responds. "My sister has faith in me. You trust her judgment, do you not?"

"Yes, but she was wrong about Princess Twilight,"

"Princess Twilight made her bed. My sister is not responsible for every choice she makes. To do so would be nothing short of being a tyrant,"

"But Nightmare Moon was a tyrant. Is this a dream come true for you?"

"The nightmare is no more! As the elements have cleansed me of that curse. And, the Gjallarhorn absolved me of any lingering doubts,"

"But, if you intend to renew Equestria values, why did you want until now? You came back from your banishment six years ago. How did you not notice some of the appalling laws at that time? And what of the Tantabus incident? That was a recent event isolated from your time as Nightmare Moon. How can the citizens of Equestria be safe from your self-flagellation?"

Luna's growing frustration caused concern for Celestia and Cadance, who exchanged worried glances. However, Celestia saw the soft smile n Blueblood and knew these questions were by his design. But, before either of them could move, Prince Blueblood began to speak again. "How dare you! Princess Luna is a mare of a begotten time! Do you honestly think a few short years in the modern world is enough to know everything about it? And, that incident - while bizarre - yield no harm to anypony. We all have things we punish ourselves for; there's no shame in that. That is why I was chosen as well. To help. Now, this line of questioning has outlived its welcome. It is time for the celebration!"

As Blueblood went to mingle, Cadence, Luna, and Celestia all stood dumbfounded by the sudden event. "That miserable little lout!" Cadance hissed.

"My, my, who knew Blueblood was so brazen?" A familiar voice said.

The three alicorns turn around to a well-dressed ebony mare with a green mane. From the voice, Cadance instantly knew who they were talking to. "Chrysalis?"

"Good guess, and here I thought I would have to lend you some hints,"

"Why are you here? I thought you returned to the badlands?" Luna asks.

"I did. But then I heard that you idiots were having a coronation of the biggest idiot this side of Equestria. In the interest of my brood that is still among you, I have come to offer my services,"

"And why would we seek aid from you?" Luna asks with a sneer.

"Really? Are you still harboring ill feelings? Tell me, were any of you expecting Blueblood to try and discredit you today?"

"We knew our nephew had some scheme in place. But, nothing this nefarious," Celestia said.

"Then, you're already at a disadvantage for not expecting Blueblood to pull a stunt like this. Please don't fret. We can recover from this. But, let's talk in private,"

"Jason, is he alright?" Celestia asks.

Chrysalis sends Celestia a look. "He is fine. He got his justice. Now, he wants his peace,"

The alicorns nod in understanding at the clear message. "Then, this is where I must part ways. I cannot be involved with your planning, which goes against my punishment. However, I still have several ways to aid you, and there is no stipulation preventing me from offering any advice,"

"I am not one of your students, Tia. But I welcome your console. What will you be doing in the meantime?" Luna asks.

"I believe it is time to start my journey away from Canterlot, like my students. Many of the issues I leave you with come from my compliancy and stagnation. I intend to see the entirety of Equestria and the rest of the world,"

"A little soul searching and broadening one's horizon is always a good start. Do you have any place in particular?' Cadance asks.

A soft smile graces the former Princess's face. "Sunset gave me some suggestions,"

"Speaking of your wayward students, I noticed Twilight was absent. I am quite surprised none of you rushed to her defense," Chrysalis said.

All the alicorns wore frowns. "Young Twilight is a disappointment. There's nothing to discuss!" Luna spat.

"While her actions against Jason are regrettable, I don't think it is fair to cut her off completely. After all, whatever failings she's had can be directed back to me. There are no innocent parties," Celestia said.

"So, does that mean you talked with her at all this past week?" Cadance asks as Celestia stays quiet. "I thought so. I haven't, either. I believe it is best to keep to our own devices for now. The aftermath of the trial is still a fresh wound,"

"Especially since all the other nations made good on their threat to cut ties. What are the projected damages for that?" Chrysalis asks.

"We won't see any decline in our overall economy for a while. But I estimate two years at most before we enter a recession," Celestia said while shaking her head. "Some of the more 'traditional' ponies seem to be in good spirits from the decision..."

"You mean the hateful specist that thinks themselves above even your standards," Chrysalis said. All the alicorns frown at her words while she smiles. "All the more reason for you to enlist my help," The walk to the Princess's study was swift as Chrysalis dropped her disguise. "Now, let's talk strategy,"


[Two Weeks Later - Day Court.]


"So, what is the issue here again?" Blueblood asks.

"The issue is the custody of one Spike the Dragon. You must focus on issues such as these, nephew," Luna abolishes.

Before, the two were Spike, Twilight Velvet, Night Light, Cadance, and Shining Armor. Surprisingly, Ember was sitting behind Cadance, Shining Armor, and Cozy Glow. Over on the Sparkle parent's side was a well-dress stallion with bifocal glasses. "We thank Your Highnesses for giving us their precious time. I am Clear Spectacles. And I am representing the Sparkles in this case. Simply put, the documentation for the adoption of Spike the Dragon is authenticated and signed by Princess Celestia herself. By law, he is the legal pet of the house of Sparkle."

"It is a law that goes against everything any society stands for! We cannot be a nation that promotes harmony and friendship if sentient creatures can be reduced to companion animals. It's borderline slavery!" Cadance argues.

"Forgive me if I am wrong, your highnesses, but since when does slavery involve living under a comfortable roof in the nation's capital? Has Spike ever been beaten or whipped for speaking out of turn or showing defiance? Was he starved or forced to sleep outside? Did he not handle personal official documentation? So, we know he has a substantial education. Shining Armor and Twilight Sparkle both refer to Spike as a brother. Is that not right, Shining Armor?"

"That's correct," Shining said.

"A gilded cage is still a cage! And while there was no physical abuse, there was substantial emotional abuse and neglect. Both of the purviews are under abuse! But I believe I can settle this. What would you describe to be a pet?" Cadance asks.

"What an absurd question. Pets can range from a variety of animals and serve a variety of purposes. The most common is companionship for ourselves and foals," Clear Spectacles said.

"Yes, but can they talk to you? I know some animals lack this ability of cognitive thought. So, what is a pet in the eyes of Equestria?"

"Urgh! I'm not too fond of pets. Sadly, all the animals I dealt with were not up to my standards. And the maintenance and upkeep they demand from me are utterly despicable. Any pet to grace my home should count their lucky stars. I paid a fraction of attention to them," Blueblood said.

"But you can agree that none of your pets can converse intelligently with you, correct?" Shining asks.

"Of course not. That would be lunacy to talk to animals,"

"Then, by that standard, Spike's classification as a pet is null and void since he is capable of sapience the same as the rest of us," Cadance said.

"Spike's classification is the only thing allowing him to stay in Equestria!"

"I'd rather be exiled than be seen as less of a living being!" Spike spoke up.

"And I will gladly welcome Spike with open arms in the Dragonlands!"

"Enough! This issue has been prevalent for far too long!"Luna said while pulling out a document. "I have been in constant converse with the legislate, and while some laws will take more time to revise, we have made a new law. Creatures displaying a certain level of intelligence are not to be considered pets. A test will be administered to test the level of intelligence. Since Spike is self-aware and clearly understands us, he is no longer considered a pet! I trust that both parties have no objections?"

"It's a start," Cadance reminded.

Clear Spectacles sucks her teeth while the Sparkle parent looks on with impassiveness. "If this gets the walking disaster out of our home, it is all the better. I think it is time to take our leave," Twilight Velvet said.

"Agreed," Night Light said.

Without another word or even a glance at their opposition, Shining's parents remove themselves from day court. "Well, another productive day in day court. If you all will excuse me, I am late for a spa appointment," Blueblood said as he took his leave.

Cadance shakes her head as she approaches Spike. "At least we're finally moving in the right direction. So, Spike, do you-- Oh..." Cadance stops as she notices the tears streaming down Spike's eyes. Regardless of his treatment, Spike saw Velvet and Nightlight as family. And, the two ponies he's known all of his life effectively disowned him for being different.

Shining was the first to embrace in a hug. "Come here, little buddy. Let it out. I'm right here," Spike sobs loudly in his brother's chest before joining the hug. Ember comes up and places a hand on Spike's back. Luna cancels the rest of the day's activities to comfort the baby dragon.


[Manehattan.]


Cozy stood tall in front of a podium as a large assortment of other creatures. Spike was moving in between the crowd, passing out pamphlets. There were some ponies in the mixture, but all were wearing looks of confusion. "Hello, Manehattan! I want to thank you all for coming to our audit. The Creatures for Equestria happily welcomes anyone that wants to spread our message for equality for all creatures. Now, you may have heard me say anyone instead of anypony. Well, that's because anypony just doesn't fit with our cause. It singles all the non-ponies out. And that's not fair or fun. Since the trial, our numbers have gone up a lot. Today, we're here to open a chapter in this great city,"

"How can we ponies help? I don't want to be intolerant,"

"You can help by standing with us. Show the world that you are not the same as the ponies that think they are superior to everyone else. We all saw the trial. I know it's tough knowing that the ponies we looked up to let all of us down. But all that means is we should not trust the words of those in power over our judgment. We can be better! We can represent harmony and friendship! But something like this is big and expensive. So, anyone joining the Manhattan chapter, I would like it very much if you donate one bit to continue our efforts," The crowd all let out cheers as many jumped at the chance to join, donating more than just one bit.

Spike and Cozy walked off the podium. "Wow. Everyone seems on board," Spike says.

"I know. We'll have enough members to start our chapter here and beyond. Say, could you hold down the fort? I have to mail out a letter," Cozy says.

"Oh, I can do that for you,"

"Don't worry. I got it. You're not my mailbox. You're my friend, Spike the Dragon,"

"Alright, as long as you're sure,"

Cozy waves him off as she flies down the street and quickly into an alley once the coast is clear. She takes out her letter and reads it over. "Dear Tirek. Everything is going better than I would've hoped. Nopony believes in the princesses and the elements anymore. With a little more pushing, I think I can get you out. It'll be great! Your pen pal, Cozy Glow,' Perfect," Cozy takes out another vial and tilts it so that single drip land on the letter and watches as it ignites. The flames worked as Spike's mystical flame and flew off to its recipient.


[Two Months Later - Fluttershy's cottage.]


The silence was never something Fluttshy would come to hate about her cottage. The empty cages and feeding pans were even worse. The first day of the trial was a nightmare scenario for the shy pegasus. All her critters, even Angel Bunny, shrank back free of her and ran away. No matter how far she chased after them or how much she pleaded, none of her long-time animal friends would stop. However, when Fluttershy continued to pursue her pets, a raccoon ventured too far into a swamp. Fluttershy stops when a cragadile pops from the murky water to swallow her woodland friend whole. Broken, Fluttershy collapses in sadness, which strengthens as the monster runs away from the timid pegasus.

"Fluttershy?" Discord asks.

"Oh, yes, Discord?" She asks, snapping out of her thoughts. The draconequus is lying on the couch with a blanket and rag river his head.

"If it's not too much trouble, I would like more of that soup?"

"Sure, let me get that for you." Fluttershy goes into the kitchen while humming a song. Discord knew this song, and he could not help the ache he felt in his heart for his friend. Fluttershy always sang this song when tending to her critters. Now that it was only him, the song was hollow. "Here you go, Discord. Try not to drink it too fast,"

Discord was about to take a sip when he looked at the bowl. "Um, Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy notices the name Angel on the bowl, causing her to flinch. "Oh, I-I'm sorry. I'll get your bowl,"

"Fluttershy, it's alright. I can--"

Fluttershy cuts him off as she flies into the kitchen and back with Discord's name on a bowl. She puts an ice bag on his head and shoves the soup in his mouth. "Don't worry, Discord. I am still adjusting to the changes. But I'll get the hang of it. Momma will take care of everything,"

"Fluttershy," Discord said with worry while looking into his friends' needy, desperate eyes before resigning to her care. "Alright. Thank you..."


[Sweet Apple Acres.]


Applejack pants with exertion while carrying a bucket of apples. With a grunt, she put the apples in the cart. Applejack hobbles over to the next tree. Her face was covered in sweat. She gingerly moves to a bucking position. However, pain shoots through her barrel the moment she lifts both hooves. She clutches her side as she falls onto her belly. Applejack's mouth opens and closes from the pain, making breathing hard. She could finally send out a sharp whistle after what felt like hours. A few moments later, Wynnoa and Applebloom came down the field. However, Applejack notices Applebloom is taking her time in her approach while Wynnoa reaches her in seconds.

"Again?" Applebloom sighs. "Why do you keep trying to buck these trees with that condition of yours?"

"Big Mac is struggling with the workload. Granny is talking about hiring farmhands. I-I got to do my share," Applejack groans.

"You don't get to do nothing but sit in the house. Big Mac and I eye got things covered. All you're doing is being a nuisance,"

"Don't sass your big sister!"

"Whoose sassing? I think it's silly that we must keep dragging you back to the house when you know you can't work the orchard. Look, you barely even have one bucket full. And now, we must stop everything because you're too stubborn!"

Applejack glares at her little sister or at least tries to look stern. She was unsure what kind of face she was making under all the pain. "Just get Big Mac!" Applejack spots her sister's indignant look, which hurts worse than the pain. "...Please..."

Applebloom sighs as she runs back to the farm. Wynnona stays with her master while she looks past the fence. Images of that day she met Jason and the trial resurface as she hugs Wynnona tightly. She would've lost a lot more than her ability to buck trees had things gone another way not long before the apple farmer's brother arrived and hoisted her onto his back. Big Mac gingerly makes his way back to the house.

"Y'all okay?" Big Mac asks.

"...She hates me..." Applejack replies softly. "Everypony does now,"

"She hates what Ya did,"

"I deserve it,"

"Maybe right now, but not forever,"

"I've become a burden to the farm and a shame to the family. You hate me too, don't you?"

Big Mac can feel the tears stains on his coat as he sighs. "I am disappointed, but I can never hate Ya. You can make things right. For now, you got to take your licks. Granny has some to make the pain easier," The two enter the farmhouse without another word.


[Carousel Boutique - Two months later.]


"No. No. No!" Rarity frets as she dashes through her store. Her clothes were in zipper bags, currently resting in a large pile. Rarity was sitting at her desk with several letters. Her mane and tail were unkempt, with a multitude of split ends. Her eyes sported deep bags and black lines, indicating a lack of sleep. In between her fretting, Sweetie Belle slowly comes up to her sister.

"Rarity? Is everything alright?"

"No, it's not alright!" Rarity snaps. "Do you see these letters? Do you know what they are?"

"Um, no!"

"They are orders. Specifically rejection orders. I had this year completely booked for revenue and clients. They all cancel their orders and demand refunds. Sapphire Shores. Hoitey Toitey. Fancypants! None of them want to be my patrons anymore!"

"W-Well, what about the stores on the border? I know you had to close up the boutique in Equestria. But, I bet those are doing well,"

Rarity slams her head against the table. "It's no use! I don't have the funds to build a store on the borders. There's also the fact that anypony available for hire either has no eye for fashion or wants nothing to do with me! What clients would like to associate with my brand after that trial? The only thing keeping this store afloat is my savings. But it's dwindling by the day! How could this happen?"

Sweetie rubs her hoof on her shoulder as she looks at her sister with trepidation. "Rarity, I have something to tell you..."

"Please, Sweetie. Just go with your friends. I want to be alone. I need concentration if I want to salvage this debacle,"

"It's crucial you hear this, dear," A new voice said.

Rarity lifts her head to see her parents behind Sweetie Belle. Hondo Flanks and Cookie Crumble stare at their eldest daughter with a look of worry and something else Rarity does not like. "Mother? Father? When did you two get here?"

"Little earlier in the day. We came by, but you were busy, so we wanted to give you space," Cookie explains.

"But, while we respect you and your business so much, we've made a difficult decision," Hondo says.

"W-What's that?" Rarity asks.

"We're taking Sweetie Belle back with us. With everything happening, we don't want your sister caught in unnecessary conflict,"

"We feel that Ponyville is not the best environment to raise her. We want her around positive influences," Cookie finishes.

Rarity dips her head down so that her mane covers her eyes. "It's about the trial. I'm the bad influence..." Rarity says.

"No, dear, no. It's this place and the ponies here. It has nothing to do with what some mistreated human had to say. No matter how compelling," Cookie Crumbles says in a wavering tone.

"I see..." Rarity says. "So, I suppose you are also cutting ties with me?"

"Rarity, that's not it at all. You can come along with us. A change of scenery will do wonders, pumpkin," Hondo tries to comfort, but Rarity pulls away.

"Right; meanwhile, I sit in the background watching my dream that I worked toward since filly hood crumbles and wither away. Then, there's the face of me abandoning my..." Rarity stops herself from saying the word friends. In truth, she had not spoken a word to anyone in town, much less her closest friends. The facts and reveals of the trial left a sour taste in her mouth. Although, she did not know what disgusted her more. The actions of the town, her friends, or her own. 'But, this punishment goes too far! I am losing everything, from my sister to my parents' faith in me. It's not fair!'

"Mom, Dad. I don't want to leave Ponyville forever. What about my friends, the Crusaders?" Sweetie asks.

"Well, we can do nothing for other foals, Sweetie. We have to look after our own," Cookie Crumbles says.

Sweetie's eyes swell up with tears. "Can I at least say goodbye?"

"That's fine, dear," Hondo said as Sweetie bolted out of the shop.

Rarity flinches at those words as she speaks up harshly. "I am not abandoning my shop or my home! I've had rough spells like this before. I got through those, and I shall get through this!"

Rarity's parents share a look before responding. "We're here if you need us, pumpkin,"

Her parents quickly left the shop while Rarity took the letters she was reading and ignited them. Going to her workbench, Rarity summons a vintage bottle of wine, takes a big gulp, and starts to work on some unfinished dresses. "I will not let this beat me!"


[Rock Farm - Pie Residence.]


A pinkie hoof slams down on a stone, revealing several geodes. "Alright, that's good, Pinkie. Bring those with the rest so we can take them to Mom and Dad to sell them at the market," Limestone says.

"Hmm-hmm," Pinkie says, gathering up the gems.

The two sisters begin their trek to the marketplace. "This haul is excellent. Having you back has doubled our productivity. Now, I don't have to drag marble out here anymore,"

"You shouldn't force her too much. But, I didn't know it was a struggle to harvest these gems,"

"Since you and Maud left, I had to compile my resources. Besides, she can't keep whimpering at everything. Marble's got to get out more,"

The two pie sisters got to their parents with their cart full of geodes. Igneous picks one up and gives it the once over before handing it to Cloudy. The matriarch of the pie family taps it three times before turning to her husband. Both of them nod to each other and face their daughters.

"Good quality. Pristine and unmolested. This haul is adequate. Come, it is time for dinner," Cloudy says. The family enters the dining room with a full spread.

Pinkie found the food selection shocking as it was her favorite meal from Ponyville. "...You didn't have to make my favorite meal,"

"We wanted you to feel more comfortable staying here," Marble mumbles.

"Yeah, besides, some of these snacks are not half bad," Limestone says, biting into a cupcake.

Pinkie looks at her father as he nods at her. She gives him an appreciative smile before eating. Dinner was quiet and wholesome. It was the same as Pinkie's filly years. She remembers leaving when things felt too stale and blinking. But she must admit that she missed her old farm and her family. At first, she thought coming back was like running away. But taking some time to herself is helping somewhat. "Ma. Pa, could I have some rock soup?"

Everyone arches a brow at this. "Sure, Pinkie," Maud says with a barely visible smile.


[Ponyville General Hospital.]


Scootaloo is currently sitting in the waiting room of the hospital. She was not staring at anything in particular but was growing increasingly anxious. She is here now because she is absent-mindedly trotting to Rainbow Dash's home. Ever since the trial, the filly did not know what to do. Her hero, idol, and adoptive sister is nothing more than a cruel bully. Even worse than the sugar lumps. No matter how hard she denies it, that is now the truth. Rainbow hasn't left her home since, and whether out of reflex or genuine concern, Scootaloo tried visiting her home. But that was when she saw her hero. Rainbow jumped from the safety of her cloud home and soared through the air. At first, Scootaloo did not believe it. Rainbow was flying and defying that order the human placed on her. However, Scootaloo has seen Rainbow fly enough times that she knew something was amiss. There was no flare, gymnastics, or any of Rainbow's brand of fantastic flying.

It was like she was crawling on her belly in the air. Her wings were not even moving. That is when Scootaloo gasps out in shock. Rainbow wasn't flapping her wings. Her death-defying leap was little more than a lazy guide that soon became a nosedive and a freefall. Rainbow crashes hard into the ground in a few seconds with a sickening thud. Panicking, Scootaloo went to get help and is now sitting and waiting. The wait did not last long as the doors burst open to reveal Rainbow's parents. They quickly went to the doctor as they came out of Rainbow's room.

"Doctor! Doctor Horse!!! Where's my baby? How is my little filly?!" Windy hollers.

"Rainbow dash is thankfully alright. This isn't the first she has come here for crash injuries. She does have a broken muzzle and a mild concussion. So, we'll be keeping her for observation,"

"Did-did Rainbow say anything? Why would she jump from her home? You don't think..." Bow stops his thought, but the doctor reads the implications.

"No, nothing of that magnitude. She tried to fly. Although, I cannot imagine what passed her to do so, given her punishment--"

"Enough! We won't hear a word of that kangaroo trial and this unjust punishment! It's no wonder our little filly did this. She is frustrated! Can an earth Pony like you know what happens to a pegasus that's been grounded for this long? She is going stir-crazy!" Windy states, cutting the doctor off.

"Well, like it or not, she is grounded. And if Rainbow pulls another stunt like this again, I severely recommend putting her on a watch list! Now, there is the matter of her bill!"

"Bill?! I thought national heroes weren't charged!" Bow growls.

"That was before our income got cut in half. We cannot offer courtesies like that anymore!" Doctor Horse says firmly.

"And, what makes you think we have any bits left? We're still paying off that massive fine the Cloudsdale sent Rainbow!" Windy says.

"I'm sorry, but that is just how things are now. The receptionist will send you the invoice.

Scootaloo could not help but wince as she did hear that the weather factory sent Rainbow a hefty fine. Rainbow had to sell most of her Wonderbolt memorable to pay the interest fees. However, while Scootaloo ponders this, Rainbow's parents speak to her. "Say, little orange? Since we are bound with all these expenses, could you help your sister?" Bow asks.

Scootaloo looks at the two pegasi in confusion. "You want me to pay? With the bits, I get from my aunts? But, they told me only use it for the house and my food,"

"Oh, we would not ask if we did not need if Rainbow didn't need it. You know what's happening. It's far too much stress for our little foal. And, as her family, we need to do our part for the family, dear,"

"Well..." Scootaloo becomes more hesitant. Rainbow was like a sister to her. But, with everything she did, it was like she was a stranger now.

Thankfully, the decision was not hers to make. "That is quite enough!"

Everyone turns to the source of the voice to find four ponies entering the waiting area. "Mom, Dad, Aunty Lofty, and Aunt Holiday. What are you doing here?" Scootaloo asks, running to her family.

"We would've come much earlier, honey. But, our latest expedition was longer than we thought," Snap Shutter says.

"But, once we heard the news from your aunts, we came down to Ponyville as fast as we could," Mane Allgood says.

Seeing nothing wrong, Bow Hothoof extends his hoof to Mane Allgood. "Well, it's good to see you all made okay,"

"I am afraid we are not here for pleasantries. We're here for our daughter to take her away from this town!" Snap says.

"What?" Scootaloo exclaims.

"This place is no good for you, Scootie. The ponies especially are not what I'd call friendly," Aunt Lofty glares.

"And, what is that supposed to mean?" Windy sneers.

"You know exactly what she means! How dare you force our Scootaloo to pay for your filly's crime!" Aunt Holiday says.

"Crime?! Our Dashies is an expert flyer. It's that stupid human's fault she's like this!" Windy shouts.

"And, it was Rainbow that brought all that upon herself. Parents like you are exactly why Scootaloo is leaving with us!" Snap counters.

"Ha, as if you have the nerve to talk! You left a filly alone to pursue your precious job. We never put work over our daughter!"

"That's right! We supported Dashie in everything!" Bot Hothoof said.

"Does that include being a bully, a sadist, and a potential murderer?" Mane Allgood states.

The two stallions butt heads and punish one another before another set of hoof steps clop against the ground. Everyone turns to see Rainbow Dash hobbling out of her room. She walks past her parents and faces Scootaloo. The filly flinches while Rainbow pats her head. "Thank. You..." Rainbow then turns back and goes into her room. However, Rainbow collapses and spasms as her parents rush to find the doctor.

Scootaloo felt a rush of pain and guilt for Rainbow Dash before a pair of hooves rested on her shoulders. "Come on, honey. You'll enjoy all our adventures," Snap Shutter says, guiding her daughter outside. Scootaloo looks back one last time at Rainbow before looking ahead.


[The badlands - Changeling castle.]


"Big adventure. Faithful and strong. Sharing kindness is an easy feat. And magic makes it all complete. My Little Pony. Did you know you're all my very best friends!"

"Again," Jason calls out to the man 6.

"Are you sure, Jason? If we keep singing the same song, it will lose its luster," Pinkie says.

"Yeah, you don't want to ruin the awesomeness of my part in the song by having me sing it repeatedly," Rainbow says.

"And, it's getting a might tiring," Applejack says.

"One mustn't abuse a hot commodity after all," Rarity says. "my voice is getting parched,"

"But we don't mind going again if that's alright with you," Fluttershy says meekly.

"Regardless, you should get some rest yourself. You are looking tired," Twilight says.

Jason stares at all of them with a blank expression. "...Just sing it again,"

Just as The Mane 6 goes to comply, Chrysalis walks inside the room. "Urgh! What have I told you about torturing my subjects?"

"Since when is sing torture?"

"Since you started making my drones turn themselves into the elements to enact some bizarre fantasy," Chrysalis waves a hoof and dismisses the drones. "Jason. What are you doing?"

"..."

Chrysalis puts her hooves on Jason's face and makes him look at her. "Was your justice not enough?"

"...No, it was. I'm just..." Jason pauses as he collects himself. "I can't stop thinking about how things could've been different. Even after everything that's happened, I still love that damn show and its characters,"

"You can try to dream with your eyes open all you wish, but the real world will still be there for a wake-up call. Now, will I be the one to wake you up so that you can eat? Or do you want my drones to do it in disguise?"

Jason sighs and gets up from his chair. "...Fine, what are we having?"

"Grub worms! They are high in protein," Chrysalis says with a cheeky smile. Jason fails to suppress a shudder.


[One Year later - Ponyville - Twilight's POV.]


This town used to be vibrant and colorful—a place of wholesomeness. A Place of joy and peace. A place of harmony and friendship. Now, all that is gone. Walking through Ponyville was almost like walking into a ghost town. I always liked when Mayor Mare would greet me outside her office. She's no longer in office. The scandal with the diamond dog and her unauthorized mining of their gems was grounds for impeachment. The sight was not pretty. Mayor Mare did not go peacefully from her position. Instead, she went on a big rant on she kept the barren hick town together. Those are her words exactly. There were some words directed at me as well. I was a naive little know who didn't know how to operate without a list. Those words hurt because I thought we were friends. Ha, you think you do some ponies, right? Now, the town hall has banners of our newest Mayor, Pen Sharpie. He has a purple coat and a pink and wink mane and tail. He's promised to bring legitimately back to Ponyville. But, the truth is no one wants the position of governing this town.

The effects of the Gjallarhorn are powerful magic indeed. Any new visitors we get instantly turn away as memories of our sins flood into them. It would often lead to flash mobs of Pony protesting the residents of Ponyville. The act prompted the new Mayor to petition for extra guards to patrol the entrance and screen them for harmful objects. Of course, soliciting for more guards fell through. I still don't know whether Princess Luna or Prince Blueblood denied the request. That led to the Mayor getting creative with security and outsourcing help from a local mercenary guild. At least, I think they are. I have no idea. I can't talk to the Mayor about it as my punishment prevents me from speaking on anything in a government capacity, regardless of the level. It was on Filthy Riches' suggestion. He is paying a large part in the finances as of late. The guards he had hurt Jason were now under his exclusive employ since they were let go from the royal guard. While the crime they committed remained unpunished, Princess Luna was able to find multiple infractions on their record.

The guard's bitterness shows as they are stern and cruel in their duties. However, one of them paid a hefty price when a changeling was found walking out of disguise. Even after a year of no trouble from our new incognito neighbors, ponies here still harbor resentment toward them for disrupting their way of life. Too bad the effects of the Gjallarhorn were still in play. The example the guards wanted to set was not the one that happened, evident by the fact that Flithy used three guards to assault Jason, and now there are only two. It made them hesitant to keep up their method of conducting their duties. Between the hired help and most of the businesses giving half their sums to Jason, the town is struggling in the likes I have never seen before. Many shops are closed now—the flower sisters, Aloe, and Lotus Spa. Pinkie would be heartbroken to know that the cake family had to close up shop. Then, there is the rash of homeless ponies roaming around.

At least I finally found some use for all the extra rooms in the castle. Thus, turning it into a homeless shelter. And the crown does send stipends for their upkeep. I don't know why Princess Luna never seized it. But Prince Blueblood allowed me to keep it. It was out of kindness but as an insult—the fallen Princess presiding in a castle of no authority and nameless vagabonds for subjects. Again, these are his words, not mine. I never realized this castle's size until I started tending to it myself. I know precisely how Spike felt every time I asked him to clean. It wasn't a task a single creature could do without magic. No wonder Spike spent most of his time sleeping. I worked him too hard and then scolded him for seemingly slacking off. I tried contacting him a couple of times through his magical fire. I know it was wrong. But I miss having him as that constant in my life. When I awake, he was always right there with breakfast. Yet, I took him for granted. He ignored my letters until his new friend Cozy sent me one by standard mail. I can still remember the words clearly.

"Hi there, Princess Twilight. Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to bring up any bad feelings. But Spike and I are very busy with the CFE operations. And I am afraid all the letters you keep sending him are starting to cause some issues. Could you send your notes through the mail system instead of enchanted fire? It's very distracting, and Spike is, well, he is busy. A true trooper, I can tell you that. Well, you already knew that, didn't you? No wonder you were so good at everything. We hope to hear from you again—signed Cozy Glow,"

I got the message, and I haven't sent another letter since. I shook my head and continued my walk. None of the ponies that were outside greeted me. It was the identical harsh glares and crude whispers. It hurt, but none more than the state of my friends. We've drifted apart this past year. Any meetings we did have were always short. And, there was an air of resentment the longer we stayed in each other's company. I try to visit as much as possible to mend our friendship. Fluttershy is often too apprehensive about leaving Discord's side, so we have tea in her cottage. But, she usually spends the majority of the time tending to Discord. The apples are doing well enough.

I typically see Big Mac and Applebloom at the castle delivering food to the shelter. However, I'd only ever talk to Big Mac. Applebloom's glare puts all the other ones I receive to shame. The Cutie Mark Crusaders breaking up has been hard on her. But, Applejack rarely leaves the farm, and Granny Smith's barred me from setting hoof on her property. Rarity is by far the worse case. Since Sweetie is now gone and her businesses across Equestria closed down, she's been drinking a lot more lately. When Rarity is sober enough to converse, she makes blankets for the ponies without homes. But she's also distant and cold toward me and our friends. It's almost like she blames everyone for her current affairs.

Finally, there's Rainbow Dash. She's been going through a bad depression for months now. The only good thing about seeing her is that she can talk now without wheezing. But that's the only good thing. Her parents moved in to help support her, and they are every bit as overbearing as Rainbow describes. The only time I don't see them with Rainbow is when she sneaks off to have a drinking session with Rarity. At least those two are closer now, but I have to watch them. The castle itself constantly reminds me how badly I messed everything up. The once shining hue it used to give has dulled and faded away. I always cleaned off some fresh graffiti on the sides in the mornings. And, my occupants hardly say a word to me unless it is for food and clothes. With a sigh, I enter my castle to retire. But before I do, there's a knock at the door.

"I've told you, Snip and Snails, that you can't keep cutting it so close to lock-up time. These doors will be magically locked for the whole night--"

I opened the door to the biggest shock I'd ever seen—a human. There was a human standing in front of me. He was carrying a lot of luggage and bags like he was moving inside. There was a bright smile on his face as he looked at me. It wasn't like Jason-- who looked at me with barely visible rage and contempt. No, this one was happy. Happy to see me of all ponies. Did he come from Jason's world? Does that mean he's seen that show of us and is a fan? I heard several gasps come from behind me. I knew it was the attendants. They must have the same expression as me right now. I can feel the saliva in my mouth drying up and my heart racing.

"Wow. It's you. You're Twilight Sparkle. I mean, I know you know who you are. I'm kinda a fan," The human chuckles in embarrassment as he scratches the back of his head. He holds out his hand for a hoof shake. "My name is Gregory Graystone,"

I look back and forth between his hand and his face before I feel lightheaded. "...Oh..." The last I saw was a flash of panic on Gregory's face as darkness consumed my vision.


[??????]


A harsh, unrelenting wind bellows in the background of a tundra. A field of went snow stretches as far as the eyes can see. That is if the icy wind gales allow you to see. The snowfall never ceases, even for a moment. It was a land untouched by modern society with no inhabitants daring enough to tame the lands. Then, in the eye of the storm, a figure emerges. Two others soon accompanied it. Their bodies were transparent. But, their eyes were like beacons, piercing through the storm as if it was not there. Their appearance was equine in nature, but it was unlike the ponies of Equestria and Saddle Abria. For in their eyes lies a bitter hatred and ravenous hunger. The ghostly steeds look past the veil of their machinations and find something interesting. They flew off in the skies above while the storm grew in intensity. Even though the beings were alone, the sharp otherworld wail seemed to carry on for miles as they made their move.

"WOOOOOOOOUUUUGH!!!!"

Comments ( 154 )

Hey! Today's my birthday too happy birthday to us both

Such an amazing gift

Here come the windigos! Equestria is screwed.

This was a great story to have read, as I said before I’ve always enjoyed the dark humor here an there of the ending universe so seeing an alternative ending was nice. Can’t wait to see what else you write my good author!

I remember when I first stumbled upon the first ever story of the ending universe and was sad to see that it was a relatively quick story, then a couple years later I saw a fan made sequel then from there it has spiraled into this huge ass universe and each and every one I’ve read has been a great read so again thanks for giving me this alternative ending to Jason’s abuse.

Eeey my man Gregory! Muahaha!

"Wow. It's you. You're Twilight Sparkle. I mean, I know you know who you are. I'm kinda a fan," The human chuckles in embarrassment as he scratches the back of his head. He holds out his hand for a hoof shake. "My name is Gregory Graystone,"

Gregory Graystone?! The human character in "Endings and Beginnings"?! I think I can feel the foreshadowing of the sequel.

"Wow. It's you. You're Twilight Sparkle. I mean, I know you know who you are. I'm kinda a fan," The human chuckles in embarrassment as he scratches the back of his head. He holds out his hand for a hoof shake. "My name is Gregory Graystone,"

Holy shit! It's like the authors are constantly trading things, first you shoutout morbiusgreen, then he borrows the Gjallarhorn and the final Judgement of Jason to the Ponies and now you're borrowing Gregory Graystone! I love this constant handshaking between you two! Also obviously great ending and looking for more to come!

11589723
Gregory Greystone appeared, there's still hope.

Happy birthday

So Tirek AND Windegos will wreck havoc?
Double uh oh.

And a new human shows up?
Poor guy is in for the shock of his life.

If there will be a sequel, I wonder if we will know how Celestia's school got Spike's egg.
Or if he got his Fire Ruby back? In fact I wonder who will be Spike's love interest(s) now that he cut ties off of Rarity?
If Cozy Glow really is just using him, poor guy will not take it well

As for Blueblood, I can see he causes trouble but humorously the weight of responsibility as ruler slams on him hard and smacks some sense into him.
Heavy is the head that wears the crown.


Also, Happy Birthday \ovo/

I've enjoyed this story thoroughly. You've got a knack for setting up tension and delivering that satisfying feeling of justice served.

Any plans for continuing this story with a new fic, or is this the end?

I’m glad we got little snippets of how the fallout from the trial effected those around the Mane 6 and Discord. I will say Rainbows “overbearing” parents are a rather harsh unforeseen punishment. From the sounds of things on top of having them smother her, she’s also draining their savings rapidly. Which means on top of their suffocating “support” she’ll eventually get to see them financially (as well as personally) ruined. It says a lot they tried to emotionally blackmail a child to help pay for their daughters latest actions too… Hopefully Scootaloo gets some more family time (her real family!) and a more positive environment.

Fluttershys mental decline…. I actually saw coming, her animal caretaking always seemed more like animal hoarding to me. She’s using Discord to try and simulate what she used to have… and it’s concerning to say the least. Though Discord might be having some negative effects from losing his magic too… perhaps that’s also why she’s so insistent on babying him? Hopefully she gets the psychological help she’s always needed at some point….

Rarity… I admire her stubbornness… but it sounds like she’s becoming a Wino to deal with the stress. It definitely feels like Jason’s punishment was to put her out of business… just in more words. She might need to learn when to fold them though, as it could very well destroy her trying to keep her dream alive. At least she’s doing some charitable work to help the destitute Ponies in her town… I do appreciate her parents coming back though, they are disappointed… but they don’t want to disown her either. Poor Sweetie… she has a lot to unpack with her sister being a closet racist and being taken away from her friends because of it…

Applejack… stubborn and now a burden on her family, she can’t work like she used to with that dull ache. She certainly can’t work the stall in town either with her reputation. I’m sure plenty of locals blame her for what happened too. I suppose she could do some baking and canning… but it’s not near what she used to do for her family, which only adds to the guilt she’s feeling. Applebloom hating her… that’s probably the worst punishment for her now. That filly is more like a daughter to her… and she’ll never look at her the same way again.

Pinkie going back home might actually be the best thing for her. She needs their support, but also the change in scenery might help her work through her feelings. Also helping out with the family business is always a honest and fulfilling pursuit. Will she return to Ponyville I wonder, does she know Sugar Cube Corner is gone? Or does she think it’s best to close that chapter in her life and move on?

Finally Twilight… oh god… where to begin? First she took Spike for granted… now he’s gone… possibly forever… her family is ruined, her parents literally went to court out of spite because they didn’t like being called out. They only let it go when Luna, Blueblood, and Cadence proposed a new law that would make the case redundant. Her brother is probably struggling to work through a lot of emotions… while some might consider his behavior cold/aloof for a few chapters I think that was more his military training (subpar as it might be), he was tempering his emotions in a desperate attempt to stay “functional”. The moment he’s not in a public place…. Or at least somewhere where he’s not the center of attention, I have no doubt he’s letting it all out. Twilights sister in law Cadence on the other hand… seems to be more of a fury… finding out her in-laws aren’t what she expected… well… love and hate aren’t that far apart. It’s fitting the princess of love can be so furious, I doubt she’ll want her husbands family near her or her foal for awhile… if ever. I also appreciate Bluebloods character here… he left her the castle just to be a reminder of what she used to be, knowing full well she has nowhere else to go. Can’t imagine Twilight has much savings considering her stipend covered so much, wonder if she’s gotten a real job yet.. or if she’s just eating along with the other homeless ponies? Does she have any life skills besides advanced magic and study habits? Maybe living as a peasant/destitute pony will help her grow as an individual… she certainly never have true hardship in her life, which spoiled her and seemed to have effected her empathy for others.

The ending seems to definitely be a setup for a sequel! Please don’t be leaving us on a cliffhanger! Surely the writer can’t be that cruel! ….. right?…. Please please please!

The last chapter gives me the feeling that there will be a sequel.
Read your book is a enjoyment,i really like you describe how a person behaves when they are disappointed with reality,good story.😇
And happy birthday! You're a great writer!🎂

BEST STORY EVER! the wait was killing me but it was worth it! I hope there's more stuff like this in the future!

Fluttershy cuts him off as she flies into the kitchen and back with Discord's name on a bowl. She puts an ice bag on his head and shoves the soup in his mouth. "Don't worry, Discord. I am still adjusting to the changes. But I'll get the hang of it. Momma will take care of everything,"

What kind of yandere sh

that app is still going around in the human world isn't it?

If the Wendigoes are back then Jason might have actually doomed Equestria in the end. I say that because yes while the ponies were racist they kept the wendigoes at bay and now Jason’s punishment will not only destroy equestria but possibly the world since there is nothing to keep the wendigoes at bay

Mayor Mare spoke with utter contempt.

"There. All of Ponyville's businesses and half of their overall profits. Is this to your liking?"

"This is an absolute travesty!" A pony from the crowd yells out. Jason sees Filthy Rich struggling against the royal guards taking his earnings. "All of us ponies work hard for our money. And you're just giving it away to some freak of nature?!"

"He's practically a millionaire now. All those bits should be going to support us, not in a free handout!" Mr. Cake stated.

Other ponies begin voicing their displeasure as well before stopping while Jason laughs. "I-I guess the old saying is true; a nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse. You're still missing the point of all this. You're still clinging to the same bigot mindset that's led to your generous donation.

"'Free handout'? These are reparations for years of being systematically abused by each and every one of you, abuse for the crime of being born different. I did nothing to any of you and you still saw fit to shun me at best, and repay my attempts to befriend and live in this town I once loved by attacking me, ignoring my cries for help, my pleas for mercy, even nearly killing me on multiple occasions while smiling an cheering that the 'monster' was shown what for. Injuries that I'm still suffering to this day. Blindness in one eye, muscle spasms, I'm always in pain, nightmares from my time here, I'm doing to your town's reputation and finances what you did to my body."

"Are you familiar with the saying that the 'punishment should fit the crime'? You should be thanking me for my mercy you ungrateful whore! I was well within my power, my right granted to me by your God to give you similar fates of pain and misery that you gave to me, pain and misery that I returned to Discord and others during the trial. I could've also punished you accordingly to your own laws as if your victim was a pony and locked up enough more than a few of you for every infraction, ranging from simple harassment to attempted murder."

"If you'd like, we can go with that instead. Would you rather keep your freedom and give up half your earnings for three years, or would you rather I take you all to court and see you judged for every infraction against me, which in legal fees alone would cost more than what I'm demanding, destroy your reputations that way, and you'll be imprisoned for longer than that, potentially the rest of your lives given the severity and/ or quantity of your crimes? I should remind you by the way that your crimes, Filthy Rich and his guards being one such example, include but are not limited to attempted murder or accessory to the attempt. All I wanted was to be friends with and live among you, and you treated me worse than ponies and other creatures that actually tried to hurt you."

"If you want, we can go that route and basically lock up a large portion of your town? It'd be a real shame if the guilty were essential workers, caretakers, or have families like you, Mrs. Cake. You and your husband assaulted me on more than one occasion. Filthy Rich tried to have me killed, as did the ponies who trapped me so Rainbow could electrocute me, which could've killed me. It'd be a real shame if your foals had to grow up without parents for a reason as petty as race."

"I came to you with nothing but good intentions, and you still treated me worse than your slavers, traitors, tyrants, usurpers, thieves, rapists, and murderers. If you can give me one good reason, tell me why, what I could've possibly done to deserve any of the scars your town gave me, I will return every bit back to you and your debt to me will be null and void. Otherwise, I'll be seeing you next year for the next batch of my 'hard earned' backpay that I'm going to destroy right in front of you, like so!"

Unfortunately the magic must look for anyone who love mlp and would come to that world. Unfortunately he going to highly disappointed with poynville. Hopefully the new mayor can turn things around. As for the ponies who left I doubt they will be gone forever considering everyone knows what they did and who would want work with someone like that.

11589712
You too. Enjoy your day.

Happy Birthday. ^^ I hope that you had a great one.

Happy birthday! This is a hell of a gift, a fascinating gamut of psychological despair. Thanks for the ride.

11589789
I wouldn't go that far. But, hopefully the hate will get resolved.

Well done, really and truthfully. Had me clinging on for this chapter, thank you so much

This was a phenomenal story, I was hooked on every chapter all the way though. Thanks for writing it! Will there be any potential sequel in the future?

11585559
11585403
Looks like in Season 7, Episode 1, Celestia said she knew there was a special group of ponies in Ponyville. I've included a link to it below.
https://youtu.be/y_0F0uxFAT0?t=72

Good finisher and snippets of how are things going. I wonder if Tirek gets out, what would he do? Try to do the "suck-all-pony-magic" thing, OR just go along with Cozy's potential plan and just acquire power 'legally'?

Not a fan of that cliffhanger, Gregory coming out of nowhere, I am just gonna consider that part as non-existent as we already have him in a different story starting in Griffonstone instead of arriving at the aftermath of destruction that was Jason's justice/revenge boner. With the damage already done, the friendship destroyed beyond repair with the ponies involved no longer even representing their respective elements, I doubt even they will be willing to pull themselves together to deal with their issues and deal with the oncoming threat that is the Windigos. And seeing how the only thing that can fight them was harmony/friendship and seeing that Equestria is all but splintered to pieces with what has happened, I can already see Equestria falling apart due to infighting before falling to eternal winter before it too spreads to the rest of the world and now, I can see how this sets up to G5 and the fall of society being once again divided into tribes.

Jason's quest for justice/revenge ends up dooming the world, what a way to go.

Also, is it really bad that I too want to try my hand at writing a story for the Endingverse, but due to time constraints and work I may never even get the idea off the ground.

God seeing rainbow dash's parents try and guilt trip scoots into paying for rainbows own hubris just fills me with rage.

I knew that it would happen I knew that they would do it and yet now that I'm actually seeing it makes me wonder how low they'll go

Any way happy birthday, lovely chapter as always. Honestly seeing Jason force changelings to act out the show feels so wrong and I love it. I can't help but pity him as he still can't move on

11589802
Damn, that's good. I was going for a heath Ledger Joker quote, replacing everything burns with everything rots.

11589862
That's a good premise for G5. Imagine how broken Sunny would be if she found out the truth. That's something to have for the back pocket. But I would not say the story is over just yet. And go ahead and try your hand at writing. I wrote this because it was an idea stuck in my head. It could be the same for you.

11589862
The author seems to disagree with my post but with what Jason did to Equestria I don’t think the wendigoes are going away any time soon as like I said Jason destroyed the world in his quest for revenge

11589817
Thank you for the inspiration.

I'll be dammed. Gregory is here...
Thank you for writing this story! Reading it was a blast! I'm definitely looking forward to the possible sequel :)

11589887
Oh, don't get me wrong. It's a good idea. It's worth exploring.

11589875
I knew they were in denial about the idea rainbow could mess up but I never thought they would take advantage of a child. The good news is adults in charge of her stopped that mess before it was too late. This shows that scootaloo is not old enough to handle situations where where right vs wrong are in the gray. The washouts were great bunch of stunt ponies but scootaloo was in danger and she was a child. If an adult wants to disregard safety that's their choice but the reason adults are in charge of children is because they don't have the experience or the maturity to make that decision. Now caught between her love for rainbow and her promise she isn't knowing which path is right.

11589894
Don’t get me wrong I want the heroes to succeed against the wendigoes but that can’t happen unless Jason undoes his punishments. But that’s likely where Gregory comes in.

Just a random question but, how did Gregory get into Ponyville? Not how he got into Equestria, but Ponyville itself. Shouldn't someone have told him something when he arrived? Did he ask any questions about the state of Ponyville or why everypony dislikes humans? Or did he magically appear right on Twilight's doorstep?

As for the Wendigo's, it's said that harmony can beat them back. Didn't say anything about harmony between PONIES. So the other races and species might have a chance to continue on.

11589789
I mean, given the state this version of Equestria was in already even before Jason showed up and involuntarily caused it to reveal the ugliness underneath its pretty colors, there’s every chance the windigos would have come calling sooner or later anyway. And while it’s possible that his punishments (or perhaps more indirectly Cozy’s actions while benefitting from them in her own way) may have accelerated that, they also gave the ponies a badly needed wake-up call they otherwise might not have had. Whether enough of them will end up taking it to heart, now...

11589888
Thank you back

11589720
Gotta ask, what's the plan?

"My name is Gregory Graystone,"
NO!, You can´t do this to me, or even us!
Fucking Gregory!!! Do you know that I had a stupid idea of him coming to this Equestria but I told myself that would never happen?
Well, It has!
The sequel better be good and ties itself with the ending verse you and those glorious bastards are making!
Because if you can't, then I´ll force myself to put all those possibilities that I have before going to sleep into writting!
TLDR: That was a good ending and can´t wait for a glorious sequel.

Glad Pinkie is doing well.

Also hopefully Twilight can give Gregory a warm welcome when she wakes up and learns from her previous mistake.

And then Tirek came in, and then Equestria became an eternal brawl between him and the windigoes. The End. Not-so good ending

I really enjoyed this story the end was quite a surprise to see Gregory's name and that he appeared in front of Twilight was something I did not expect Thank you for sharing your story with the rest of us

Happy Birthday, author.
Thanks for gifting us this conclusion and this story altogether.

11589862
We'll just have to hope that there will be enough ponies who choose to live in harmony.
Supposedly it only took three open-minded ponies the first time (Clover, Pansy, and Cookie). We've seen many more than that number in this chapter alone.

11589925
Don't forget that in the season 9 finale; the Wendgos did show up. And that was just from the discord of the three pony tribes. So, it stands to reason that the Wendgos appearance is inevitable in the ending universe.

11589948
Yeah, there is a sequel in the works.

Login or register to comment