• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,645 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,645

Chapters Next
Chapter 1 - The Eldritch Horror From Another World

Luna’s moon shines brightly over the blanket of the night that covers Canterlot, the capital of Equestria.

The Element Bearers, along with their friends and loved ones, help put on a concert performed by Songbird Serenade, a talented singing pony, in celebration of The Storm King’s defeat.

Originally, Princess Twilight Sparkle had planned for this to be the Festival of Friendship’s main attraction, which sadly was interrupted by the arrival of the Storm King’s army, led by Tempest Shadow.

Many ponies gather around a stage as a young purple and green dragon wearing shades stands before the crowd holding a mic: Spike, the Brave and Glorious.

[Mic noise]

“Ladies and Gentlecolts!” Spike exclaims before spinning around in place and sliding across the stage, similar to what a guitarist would do in a typical concert. “Get ready for a little Songbird Serenade!”

Applause in the form of stomping hooves erupts as Songbird Serenade takes the stage. Spike removes himself to join Twilight, and her fellow Bearers, who were also accompanied by Starlight Glimmer and Zecora in the crowd.

As Songbird begins her latest song: Rainbow, Twilight sees her number one assistant approaching and welcomes him with a warm smile.

“Spike! Thank you so much for kicking things off; I really appreciate it!” Twilight exclaims. The alicorn princess was forced to shout as the crowd around them nearly drowned out her words.

“No problem, Twi. Besides, what’s more awesome than having Spike the Brave and Glorious on stage, huh?” He inquires confidently with a beaming smile.

“You can say that again; you’re almost as awesome as me,” Rainbow dash compliments.

“Oh, yes indeed, Spike.” Fluttershy comments.

“This concert is already quite the sight; it’s made better thanks to young Spike,” Zecora says.

“You looked fabulous, Spikey Wikey. You certainly work those shades I gave you.” Rarity compliments.

“Best. Intro. Ever!” Pinkie Pie exclaims happily.

“You were amazing, partner,” Applejack says as she tilts her hat.

“That was remarkable. Perhaps I should hire you to host the next convention at Our Town?” Starlight Glimmer questions as she ponders on the thought.

The group then erupts into laughter as they continue to enjoy Songbird’s song.


After some short time, Songbird Serenade’s song nears its climax as all the ponies and creatures in the audience listen contently, shouting various cheers. Twilight continues to mingle with her friends when she suddenly notices Tempest Shadow keeping her distance from the crowd with a saddened expression.

Upon seeing this, the lavender alicorn takes to the sky, momentarily leaving her friends, and flies over to the former Storm king’s second in command. Tempest hears Twilight land behind her, prompting the broken unicorn to speak:

“That’s one thing that never changes around here, the parties...”

“Well, I hope you’ll stay. More friends are definitely merrier.” Twilight replies.

“But, um... my horn...” Tempest says sadly before sighing as if she were just defeated. The broken unicorn opened her mouth to speak again, but Twilight cuts her off.

“Actually, about that, Tempest. I’ve got a surprise for you,” Twilight interjects with a beaming smile. “I want you to know that I will always call you a friend, even with your broken horn. However, I can understand if it makes you feel incomplete, so...” As if on cue, three more alicorn Princesses land next to Twilight:

The Princess of the Sun and Day, Celestia. The Princess of the Moon and Night, Luna. And the current ruler of the Crystal Empire, in addition to being the Princess of Love: Cadence.

Twilight shifts her gaze towards Celestia and gives her a nod. The Sun Princess then steps forward with a motherly smile.

“My dear Tempest, Twilight has informed us of your plight, and we’d like to help you,” Celestia starts. “As my former faithful student has said, I, too, understand that a unicorn with a broken horn can feel incomplete. It’d be no different than a pegasus with a missing wing.” Celestia momentarily had a saddened expression before returning to the motherly smile she was well known for. The Sun Princess then looks to Luna and gives her a nod.

Luna walks forth and stands by her sister’s side.

“We hath decided that we shall restore thy broken horn; thou shall become whole once more, Tempest Shadow,” Luna says with authority. The Night Princess’s words practically shot Tempest right through her heart as the broken unicorn imitates a goldfish by opening and closing her mouth in shock.

“W-what?! But why? After everything I’ve done and how I turned you all into stone and nearly destroyed Equestria, how could you all forgive me?!”

Their gesture absolutely threw off Tempest. How could they ever forgive her after everything she’s done? And even offer to restore her horn just like that?

The former Storm King’s commander was lost in shock as Cadence and Twilight walked forward. All of the alicorn princesses now stand before Tempesr as Cadence takes the initiative:

“We forgive you, Tempest. You were lost, alone, and broken in more ways than one. However, we can still see the good pony that lies within you. The very same pony we see standing before us now.” Cadence then turns her head to Twilight as a smile forms on her muzzle before she looks back to Tempest and continues:

“Personally, I forgave you the moment you sacrificed your life to save my dear sister-in-law.” The Princess Of Love then nuzzles Twilight, who happily returns the gesture. Celestia and Luna also nod their heads with content smiles.

Twilight then approaches Tempest, the broken unicorn nearly forming tears in her eyes, and says:

“Well, Tempest, what do you say?” Twilight lifts her left forehoof and extends it towards Tempest. “If you accept our offer, we-” Twilight’s words are suddenly cut off as Tempest lunges forth and embraces her in a hug. The once emotionally unbreakable unicorn mare was now sobbing with a river of tears going down both of her cheeks.

“I c-can’t thank you e-enough, Twilight. I owe y-you my life.” Tempest sobs as she tries her best to speak clearly. Twilight simply embraced her former foe and let her release all of the sadness she had built up within her.

Celestia, Luna, and Cadence watch on with warm smiles. Suddenly, Luna grits her teeth and lets out a painful:

GAUGH!” A small bit of Luna’s Canterlot Voice leaked into her painful exclamation as she fell to the floor in agony.

Luna’s exclamation of pain also gets the attention of some nearby ponies, which include the rest of Twilight’s friends. Luna brings both of her forelimbs up to her head to ease her pain.

“Sister!” Celestia shouts as her once motherly tone faded when her beloved sister collapsed. Celestia, along with her fellow alicorns and a recovered Tempest Shadow, ran to Luna’s aide.

They all inquire about her well-being, ranging from ‘If she needed to return to her chambers?’ to ‘Quick, cast a healing spell or something.’ Suddenly, Luna’s head looks up to her beloved moon with tears in her eyes, almost as if it were a parent looking towards their injured child.

“Our moon! Oh, our beloved moon, w-what has harmed thee?!” Luna inquires with her Canterlot Voice in full effect.

The concert and celebration stop instantly as dead silence takes over. Every being in attendance looks up towards the moon only to discover a horrifying sight. The moon began forming what looked like a wormhole mixed with a twisting vortex.

Even more disturbing was the unknown being coming through the portal, sending shivers down every creature’s spine.

However, those in Canterlot weren’t the only ones to see this unnatural phenomenon as all of Equestria, possibly even all of Equus, witnessed the event. The being who now blocked out the moon and very nearly the whole midnight sky looked down upon the world before it. The entity spoke with a voice that nearly shook the entire planet and struck fear into every living thing.

“AS YOU GAZE AT THE MIDNIGHT SKY.
MY NEW SERVANTS, OBEY OR DIE.
THE LORD OF THE MOON APPEARS BEFORE THEE.
ALL WILL BOW TO THE GREAT RAZEEM.”

Author's Note:

Art done by the talented: https://www.deviantart.com/cyonixcymatro

Edit (5/14/2023): Please forgive my grammar mistakes as I'm currently in the process of going back to properly edit everything in this first book of my Terraria series.

It's essentially my currently far more experienced self going back two years ago, fixing my amateur self's mistakes. :rainbowlaugh:

Chapters Next