• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,625 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,625

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11 - A Council And A Prayer. (Edited)

-EQUUS, THE CRYSTAL EMPIRE-

It was now late into the afternoon as The Crystal Empire was colored in a beautiful shade of orange thanks to Celestia’s lowering sun mixed with the purple of the crystalline structures.

Luna’s decision to send out pegasi messengers bore fruit as many leaders from multiple factions/countries were arriving by means of flight, carriages, magic, and almost every fathomable means of transportation. Dragons, Yaks, Hippogriffs, Griffons, Minotaurs, ponies, and Zebras answered the call and made their way into the empire. Many ponies stared in awe at the display of multiple lifeforms passing by them, although they did get nervous when certain species like the dragons and the intimidating minotaur’s passed by.

Within The Crystal Castle’s Dining Room many representatives of each faction were in attendance. The table was set with various food items in order to accommodate every species in attendance both carnivorous and herbivorous alike. Upon seeing everyone get settled in, Princess Cadence; with Shining Armor and Princess Luna sitting on either side, clears her throat and starts to speak:

“Thank you all for coming. As I’m sure you know from your messages we sent via our pegasi, we of The Crystal Empire along with Princess Luna of Canterlot have decided that a coalition will be needed to deal with the threat we strongly believe will one day threaten the entire world, if we all don’t stop it. Before we begin, I’d like to familiarize my self with-”

[SLAM]

“What in the name of Tartarus is she doing here?!” The minotaur representative cuts off Cadence’s words as he slams his fist onto the table and points towards a certain former changeling Queen, Chrysalis. “She is a known menace to many of us here! King Domihaus and his people will not join an alliance with a known deceiver in our midst, who’d sooner feed on us all rather than help us.”

“What’s wrong, big guy? Worried that someone as small as me will get under your skin? I’m flattered,” Chrysalis says with a sarcastic tone. “Let’s get something straight you fool, I don’t care about any of you. You’re all food to me! However, if all of you die, then I die, and I don’t want my food supply to go dry.”

“You are not helping, Chrysalis,” King Thorax interjects, “I allowed you to join us here because, despite everything you’ve done, you’re still a former royal of The Hive. Do that again and I’ll kick you out of The Empire myself, I mean it.”

“Who do you think you are to speak to your mother in such a way?! I am The Queen of-”

“Former Queen, mother, former. I lead the changelings now and don’t forget that it was you who left the hive that day when Starlight Glimmer offered you a chance at redemption, yet you threw it back in her face. I would have accepted you back as our ruler, we all would have. You decided to abandon the hive and your own children. Because of your absence, no one was left to lead us so I did. The hive is alive and well without any of my subjects having to starve every moment of every day because of me. So sit down, and shut up!” Thorax exclaims and stares daggers at the former ruler of the changelings.

Thorax wisely took his brother’s advice some time ago and steeled himself in order to become a more fitting ruler. The Changeling King can be very kind, but when angered, his anger can rival even Chrysalis’s. Thanks to feeding on the more powerful love he and his people had gained, willingly, and from their new friends, his power rivaled the Chrysalis’s very own.

Everyone in attendance looked at the scene with shocked expressions. Luna, Cadence, and Shining Armor couldn’t help but smirk at the exchange. Shining armor leaned into Cadence and whispered:

“Ohoho, burn.”

Luna clears her throat and catches everyone’s attention, “If thou art finished we’d like to get back to the main matter at hoof. Now as our niece said before she was rudely interrupted,” Luna glances to King Domihaus, “Allow us to familiarize ourselves; introductions are in order. Let us start with The Griffon Representative and go down the line from there. Simply stand and introduce thy selves,” Luna says as she points a hoof to the aforementioned being. The griffon, noticeably being quite old, stands up and coughs before saying:

“You can call me: Grandpa Gruff. There hasn’t been a Griffon King in ages but I’m the next best thing. For some bits, I could- Ow!” Grandpa Gruff’s words were cut off as his female companion slaps his talon away and pulls him back down to his seat. The female Griffon is revealed to be an old friend of Rainbow dash: Gilda.

“Not now, gramps...” Gilda says as she turns to everyone present, “Sorry about the old coot, he never passes up a chance to get some bits,” Gilda then turns her head to The Zebra Representative who sat next to her, “You can go ahead, zebra.” With those words, The Zebra Representative, along with their companion, stands in unison as the rep says:

“Greetings everyone, how do you do? The zebra before you is Prince Zaku,” Prince Zaku then turns to his companion, “The zebra to my right is the mightiest of my land, a zebra whose name is Zellan. She be a mare of might and beauty, she serves me well as is part of her duty.” Both zebras nod to everyone present as they sit back down; beckoning the next representative to start: King Thorax.

“I am King Thorax, the current ruler of the changelings.” His words cause Chrysalis to grunt in annoyance, which he ignores, “I know my kind has a bit of a past with you all, but I want you all to know that we changelings have changed--no pun intended--for the better.” He then turns his head to Chrysalis and nods to her. She sighs annoyingly and says:

“I am Queen-”

”We already know!” Everyone aside from Thorax shouts in unison with angered expressions; thus cutting the former changeling ruler off from her statement.

“Well, well, it seems my illustrious reputation proceeds me,” Chrysalis remarks with a bow. She then turns to The Yak Representative next to her, “You may go, I’m satisfied now. Hahaha...”

The Yak rep stares at the laughing changeling for a moment before standing. However, the girth of the yak causes the table to shake, not to mention those who sat around them.

“Yak’s name be Prince Rutherford, yak pleased to meet you all.” The Yak Prince says. Unlike some of the other attendees, he was alone without a companion. After The Yak Rep seats himself and shakes all present once again, the next representative next to him speaks up:

“Some of you already know me but I am the current Dragon Lord: Ember. These two dragons with me are Garble and Smolder,” Ember says as she turns her gaze to her companions, specifically Garble, and narrows her eyes. This causes Garble to grunt in annoyance and waves his right claw. Smolder was already greeting everyone with a gesture and much to Ember’s delight. Once the dragons were seated, the next representative stands.

“Domihaus is King of the minotaurs. Domihaus will crush this infection you claim will hurt Domihaus’s people!” The Minotaur King says as he flexes his muscles and returns to his seat. Much like Prince Rutherford, Domihaus is alone with no companion. Finally, the last representative stands along with their companion; both are hippogriffs.

“Her Majesty, Queen Novo, was sadly unable to attend as she is very much needed back in Seaquestria. As such I, General Seaspray shall be representing her. My fellow companion here is Princess Skystar.” Both bow in respect and return to their seats. Princess Skystar can barely contain her excitement, however, Seaspray looks at her with a deadpan stare which causes her to fidget nervously in her seat.

“Excellent. It’s a pleasure to meet you all and we would like to once again thank you all for attending. The very world is at stake, thou honor thy nations by being here,” Luna finishes as she nods to everyone in attendance with respect, although she does roll her eyes when Chrysalis gagged herself, “Now, we shall allow Prince Shining Armor and our dear niece to take things from here. We must prepare to lower the sun and raise our moon,” Luna then teleports out of the room with a flash of her horn; leaving Shining Armor and Cadence to inform the others of their current situation, their plans, in addition to the death of Princess Celestia.


The Lunar Princess reappears at the very top of the castle and looks towards her sister’s precious sun. A tear falls out of Luna’s eye as she stares at the celestial object.

“We miss thou greatly, dear sister. Is this how ye felt when we were banished? Our heart aches every time we look upon thy warm morning star. We now understand fully the pain thou must’ve endured... the same pain we currently have to endure. Good night, dear sister,” Luna finishes as she fires up her horn, grits her teeth with closed eyes, and lowers Celestia’s sun, allowing the moon to take the sky in its stead. Suddenly, Luna hears a sudden:

[POP]

“Discord, we art not in the mood for-”

“Hahaha, It’s a good thing I’m not Discord, right? My dear student.”

“Starswirl!” Luna exclaims as she runs into her teacher and hugs him.

“Stygian, The Pillars, and I answer the call, Lulu.”


-TERRARIA, HOME TOWN LIBRARY, TWILIGHT’S ROOM-

Twilight Sparkle used her magic to prepare her bed as she walks towards the furniture having just finished washing up. Along the way, she looks towards the papers she had set on a table nearby. An idea comes to her although she is noticeably hesitant to act on it, after taking a deep breath she heads towards the table and ignites her horn floating over a quill onto the paper, and begins writing:

Princess Twilight Sparkle’s Terrarian Letters For Celestia - Entry: 1

“Dear Princess Celestia,

I realize that Spike isn’t here to send this to anypony back home, not that I’m sure that’d work even if he was, and I know that you’re... gone. Regardless, I feel that I have to document the events that have transpired ever since we arrived into this world, Terraria. I miss you soo much Princess Celestia, you were soo much more to me than a mentor... you were my second mother. I’m the luckiest pony alive to have both you and Twilight Velvet as my mothers.

You’ll be happy to know that as The Princess Of Friendship, me and my friends have made even more friends here. They call themselves: Terrarians. Each of them has amazing abilities, powers that complement their very being, and to be honest... it kind of reminds me of a cutie mark. Sure they don’t have such a thing here and the only thing that does resemble it is something they call a “Tattoo”, but the way their powers work, not to mention their appearance, is practically the same as a cutie mark. For example, my new friend Helena is a nurse and her powers reflect that tenfold. She even brought back someone’s leg! Do you know how much magic would be required back home to perform such a thing? To replace an entire limb back to normal function, and that’s assuming such a spell even exists in the first place back home. We’re all doing ok, Princess. The others have built a small town surrounded by stone walls to protect us from some of this world’s monsters. And trust me, thanks to what I’ve learned in the library we have here, there are many. I felt bad since, for some strange reason, I took three whole days to recover while the rest of my friends recovered the very same day we’ve arrived here. Chalk that one up as a mystery for now.

Earlier today some very interesting things have happened. First: Zecora returns to us from The Jungle, a place that’s so wild and unpredictable much like The Everfree Forest back home that many of the locals avoid it all the same, with a brand new friend called: Gex, The Witchdoctor. Oh, Princess, I wish you were here to see him. Simply put he’s a species called: Lihzhard, which were thought to be extinct, and yet there he is standing before us. Funny thing is, he speaks in rhyme much like Zecora. Those two have been kicking it off quite well.

Second: Fluttershy went out to get some food for her new animal friends she’s made here. It seems that even in this world our effects from The Elements still seem present, and if I’m being honest, they feel... amplified. However, Fluttershy then stops a pair of goblins from attacking a pink slime who turns out to be a Princess! A princess! Princess Pinkie is her name, a certain party pony we both know was very happy about that. I had soo many questions when she was brought here in regards to slime culture, but given what she had just gone through, I figured it was best to let her be for now. But mark my words, she and I will be having quite an extensive interview. Oh, Fluttershy also brought a goblin who tried to stop the others from harming Princess Pinkie, Gorglock The Goblin Tinkerer. OH. MY. GOSH. He is a fellow seeker of knowledge just like me and Tanner The Guide! Gorglock is currently working on a new experiment he calls: The Rocket Boots. I shall support him in this endeavor and maybe I could bring some schematics back home for pony production.

There is another thing, Princess, it involves Gex. You see, earlier today he gave us a warning in the form of rhythmic riddles. I have some theories but I suspect he can somehow predict the future, but how far into the future is the mystery. Anyway, he predicts that green beings will attack us soon, and given what happened to Fluttershy, I fear he may be right. Based on my information regarding this world’s monsters, Fluttershy’s testimony, in addition to my talks with Gorglock... I have reason to believe we will soon be attacked by... a goblin army. Please watch over us, Princess.

Your Faithful Student, Even In Death,

~Twilight Sparkle.”

Author's Note:

This is the calm before the storm. :twilightoops:

CHARACTER LOADOUT/ITEMS:

Zecora: Copper armor, Copper Pickaxe, Copper Axe, Shurikens, various potions.

Twilight: Full set of copper armor, Wand of Sparking, 3x lesser mana potions, copper pickaxe, copper axe.

Starlight: Full set of copper armor, Wand of Sparking, 3x lesser mana potions, copper pickaxe, copper axe.

Rarity: Full set of copper armor, Wand of Sparking, 3x lesser mana potions, copper pickaxe, copper axe.

Applejack: Full set of copper armor, copper broadsword, 3x lesser health potion, copper pickaxe, copper axe.

Rainbow Dash: Full set of copper armor, copper shortsword, copper bow, 3x lesser health potion, copper pickaxe, copper axe.

Fluttershy: Full set of copper armor, copper bow, 3x health potion, copper pickaxe, copper axe.

Pinkie Pie: ??? (Let's be honest, it's pinkie...)

PreviousChapters Next