• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,643 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,643

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 40 - Deception Pt: 3

The settlement that was once a town filled with life, with those who were just trying to get by, was now nothing more than a town filled with the wandering dead. Those who were still alive had to fight off these undead monstrosities less they join their ranks.

Thanks to the Blood Moon, the strength of the undead were amplified and their intelligence increases. Also, the appearance of these zombies changes rapidly for upon prolonged exposure to the Blood Moon, zombies become twisted and cursed with overflowing blood which pours out of their rotten flesh. This results in what is now called: Blood Zombie. In addition, some of the Demon Eyes were present but much like a zombie, they too undergo a horrifying transformation under the Blood Moon. The Demon Eyes become erratic under a Blood Moon, sometimes twisting together into a dripping cluster of cursed blood and eyeballs.

One group of Blood Zombies manages to force open the doors to a building of which a few townsfolk ran into. No one could see what was happening inside but they got a hint as a splash of blood spews across one of the building’s windows.

A small group of armed guardsmen, those who were stationed in this town, did their best to fight off the undead. They had their fair share of victories as some had decapitated the heads of a few undead. However, all of that ended when they were descended upon by a swarm of Dripplers. The flying entities would land onto the heads of some of the guardsmen upon which the fleshy abomination would completely overtake them, turning them into a Blood Zombie in the process.

To add on to all of this, not only was there the presence of the Blood Moon... It suddenly starts to rain too. This poetically added despair to the already doom driven town.

High above the broken town was a being who looked down upon it with satisfaction; being absolutely content with their handiwork. Despite being a giant skull, if one were to look closely at Skeletron, they’d somehow see this form of expression.

”How unfortunate gentlemen, had you not spent soo much time contending with my consciousness, you might’ve saved this town. But, there is some good news... My army now has more soldiers to do my bidding.”, Skeletron antagonizes as he condescendingly looks down upon Steven and Lunaris. Both men grits their teeth and stares daggers towards the large skeletal entity. “What’s with that look?, I never said it was good news for any of you...”

[CHUCKLE]

The series of chuckling let loose by Skeletron begins to echo throughout the area, sending a foreboding chill down the spines of some of the survivors in town.

“Steven!, where the hell have you been?!”, Ross Bosman questions as he manages to escape the chaos taking place within the town.

“Ross!, there’s no time to explain, you need to go!. Lunaris and I will take care of that fiend, get going now!”, Steven exclaims.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t here to help you all, however, I assure you that we will defeat Skeletron. Now go!”, Lunaris exclaims to which Ross nods his head understandably and flees from the destroyed town. Lunaris begins to channel another large surge of lightning bolts within his hands. “Get ready Steven!. While I keep him at bay, you must get into position to seal him away.”

“Alright, I’ll be ready!. Be careful out there, Lunaris.”

Magical energy begins to surround Lunaris as he then lowers himself to the ground and kicks off into the air, flying towards Skeletron. The large entity sees his approach and says:

”How amusing, the prey thinks to turn and nip at its hunter. It is a small thing...”

[RAWARGHHH]

Skeletron roars out as the undead lord sends his right arm forward with a clutched fist, in an attempt to snuff Lunaris’s life out with a single punch. However, Lunaris does something quite unusual as he makes a series of hand gestures and shouts:

“Divide!”, Upon saying those words, the mage splits himself up into nine identical entities, shadows of his own very being.

Skeletron was effectively thrown off by this as his arm does make its mark, but not with the real Lunaris. The mage’s shadow disappears from the strike as the rest of the clones, including the real Lunaris, continues onwards towards their foe.

”You think you’re safe with mere mind games?, be gone mage!”, Skeletron exclaims in anger as he sends forth both of his arms to contend with Lunaris and his clones. The clones each attacks either limb with various spells in the form of fire, ice, and lightning attacks. The real Lunaris heads straight for Skeletron’s skull, the skeletal being sees this and opens his enormous maw in an attempt to swallow the mage whole. Just mere moments before Skeletron can chomp down onto Lunaris, the mage teleports behind the skull sand unleashes a powerful lightning bolt.

[SKROOOM]

“Rawwwwwwwwr!”, Skeletron roars out as the entity took the full force of the blow to the back of his skull. A large hole remained from the counterstrike, however, Skeletron chuckles as the necromancer effortlessly reforms and closes up the hole. Lunaris’s eyes, despite being behind his mask, opened widely in shock as he says:

“What the hell... What are you?, you’re not just some undead necromancer... You’re like-”

”A spirit, mage, I am a restless spirit. You could also consider me to be a demon. I’ve come to lay claim to all of your souls, to rule over your rotting corpses. Which means, your ass belongs to me!”, Once again, Skeletron attempts to devour Lunaris in one fell swoop as the skeletal entity rushes towards him with its maw parted, ready to chomp down on the mage. As this is going on, Lunaris’s clones could be seen in the background, still contending with Skeletron’s arms.

Time and time again Lunaris would strike Skeletron, leaving some form of damage in the entity’s skull, only for it to repair itself in mere moments.

“I’ve already told you mage. No matter how hard you struggle, no matter how much I might seem to hurt, I’m always good for a laugh. You could say, I’m a funny bone. [CHUCKLES]”

[ERCK] Did he really just crack a joke like this is nothing?. I guess I have no choice... I didn’t want to use this spell, but this foe is far stronger than I thought.”, Lunaris then looks over to his clones who are still contending with Skeletron’s arms. Four clones have been destroyed leaving only four more remaining. Much like Skeletron’s skull, the arms keep reforming any damage that is dealt to them. “Alright, I’m gonna have to contact Steven via a mind spell.”


Steven is currently making his way through the destroyed town as he tries to make his way towards The Tavern. Of all the remaining buildings, to which there weren’t many left, The Tavern was the tallest remaining structure throughout the entire town. It broke Steven’s heart to have to see all of the violence and bloodshed taking place around him. Blood Zombies could be seen eating people alive while other townsfolk tries to combat these literal bloody foes. As The fashionista continues to make his way towards The Tavern, his eyes narrows in determination as he says:

“Once I have you sealed within me, all of this will stop. The undead will never cause this amount of destruction ever-”

“Steven, can you hear me?. It’s Lunaris, I’m communicating with you via a mind link.”

“I hear you loud and clear my friend, it’s hell down here... Now you see why I resorted to this plan in the first place.”

“Indeed... Skeletron cannot be killed in the traditional sense. All of my attacks do effect him but he simply regenerates himself, with no limit too it seems. Regardless, I have a plan Steven. The sealing spell is still active on you correct?, if you look on your stomach there should be a glowing rune.”, Heeding the mage’s words, Steven looks down his shirt only to see that the spell was indeed still active.

“It’s ready to go Lunaris, I’m heading to The Tavern to get a good vantage point.”

“That’s perfect, be ready Steven because I’m about to send Skeletron your way.”

“Wait, Lunaris, what are you-”

“End mind link.”, Lunaris interjects upon which the mental communication is shattered.

“Lunaris you crazy little youngster... I’ll never forget this, my friend.”


“Shadows!, come to me!”, Lunaris exclaims upon which the aforementioned beings heeds his call and teleports away from Skeletron’s arms. The arms reunites with the large skull as Skeletron says:

”Who are you to stand against me?, I who razes your towns to ash, I who devours your souls.”

“Take formation!”, Lunaris declares upon which his four remaining clones acts on accordingly. They take on a circle formation with Lunaris positioned at the very top. Suddenly, they begin to generate a golden aura which begins to leak out of them and forms a sort of giant rune within the circular formation.

I who instills terror in the hearts of terrarians. I who rules over your dead!”

“I invoke: Stardust Dragon!”

I am Skeletron!. You will die by my hand!”, Skeletron exclaims as the entity rushes forward with both arms and skull at the ready, prepared for battle. However, Skeletron is surprised by a bright flashing light and soon after, a loud roar goes off. The roar... Of a dragon:

[Enter your favorite dragon roar here]

“Go Stardust Dragon!, send him down to the earth!”, Lunaris declares upon which the spectral dragon obeys as it flies forward in the air in a serpentine manner, on route to meet Skeletron head on.

”A toothless worm will not stop me!”

“Maybe not... But I don’t have to stop you, that’s Steven’s job.”, Lunaris mutters as he watches his spectral, serpentine dragon, go to war against the oncoming skeletal entity.

[RooOORGH]

[Enter your favorite dragon roar here]

[FWOOM]

A small shockwave emits from the collision of the two titans as they wrestle against each other in a contest of strength, high in the air. The serpentine dragon tries to coil around Skeletron’s skull only for the two skeletal arms to come and pull the dragon off. In this moment, Skeletron punches the dragon which does have an effect on the spectral entity. However, the dragon recovers and is able to retaliate by biting down onto the skeletal arm it was just struck by. Then, the dragon takes this opportunity to wrap its body around the arm it bit down upon including the skull, to which it is successful. The other arm, which still remained free, was about to assist the skull and other arm appendage only for Lunaris to blast it with a bolt of lightning.

“Oh no you don’t!, I’m your opponent now!”, Lunaris turns his gaze back to his spectral dragon and shouts: “Stardust Dragon!, take him down!”

[Enter your favorite dragon roar here]

Obeying Lunaris’s order, the dragon forces Skeletron downwards as the two entities drops down towards the town just below. Incidentally, they were falling towards The Cavern.

“Steven!, now!”, Lunaris exclaims.

”What?!... What are you-”

“For everything you’ve done Skeletron, I seal you within, from this day forward your reign comes to an end!”, Steven exclaims as he’s currently positioned at the very top of The Tavern, upon its roof. The seal on his chest glows with a golden aura and has a similar to appearance to Lunaris’s golden rune when he summoned the Stardust Dragon. Suddenly, as if a black hole were placed on Steven’s chest he begins to suck Skeletron into his very being causing the entity to cry out:

”NOOOOoooooooo, Both Skeletron’s skull and arm gets sucked into Steven. Soon, the other arm follows suit as it stops fighting with Lunaris and is being dragged into the seal along with its cohorts.

“Good riddance.”, Lunaris says as he spits in disgusts.

"F-finally... It is over.", Steven says as he recovers from the experience. The fashionista then looks down towards the seal, which now held Skeletron, and smirks as he says: "As you once said Skeletron: 'Enjoy your stay'."


Some time goes by as Steven and Lunaris stands before a ruined settlement. However, two things have happened during that time:

The first:

After sealing Skeletron within himself, Steven could instantly wield his powers and control over the dead . As such, he makes his decree and stops the undead from attacking any one else any longer. Standing behind Steven was a large force comprised entirely of undead abominations ranging from blood zombies to flying blobs of flesh.

The second:

The fashionista raises his hand into the air, aims it towards the moon, and ends the Blood Moon event. The night sky returns to its natural self as the metaphorical “curtain of red”, is pulled away thanks to Steven’s actions.

This should’ve been the time to celebrate, normally, it would have been. However, a crowd of survivors from the town walks up to the two men but their attention isn’t on Lunaris. A very angered crowd stares daggers towards Steven, the living prison of Skeletron, as they all exclaim with venom filled in their voice:

“Be gone you abomination!”

“You’re no longer even human!”

“You think you saved us?!, you have that monster inside you!”

“Look behind him, he controls the undead!. He might turn them on us!”

“I say we end him right here, right now!”

Steven looks on with a saddened expression. Lunaris, on the other hand, was seething with rage as electricity begins to form around his hands as he exclaims:

“How dare you!, he saved all of you!. All of your lives would’ve been snuffed out here tonight were it not for his sacrifice!. You’re all lucky that he’s not the monster you think he-”

“Enough Lunaris, that is enough.”, Steven says as he puts a hand onto Lunaris’s shoulder. The mage looks at him with a questioning gaze before he then takes a deep breath which causes the electricity around his hands to dissipate. “I didn’t do this to be revered Lunaris, I’m not even asking for a 'Thank you', really. Should people come to hate me or even fear me, that’s entirely up to them. Regardless, I will not retaliate for that would make me no different than... him.”

As this is going on, one could hear the various moanings and growls of the undead army positioned behind Steven.

“It’s time for me to take my leave now Lunaris, I shall seal away all of the undead. The world will never have to fear the north any longer, I will keep Skeletron away from all of you.”

“Then I’m coming with you Steven, you can’t just expect me to-”

“No!”, Steven exclaims as a black aura leaks out of his eyes momentarily. The fashionista then takes a deep breath before he continues: “Lunaris, I want you to do me a favor.”

“Anything my friend, just name it... But by the gods please, don’t send yourself into isolation.”

“I’m sorry my friend, but this must be done. Now, as for that favor... I need you to wipe the minds of every one present.”

“What?, why?, you can’t just-”, Suddenly, Lunaris’s words were cut off as one of the town survivors shouts:

“You see?!, he’s a devil!. He doesn’t want any of us to remem-”

“Silence!”, Steven roars out thus cutting off their words as a small bit of a black aura leaks out once more. “All of you listen here, especially you Lunaris. I must be forgotten so that no one will come after me and possibly release Skeletron in the process.”, Steven then turns his gaze towards Lunaris and says: “Please Lunaris, do me this one final service. Cast your spell and erase their memories once I leave with this undead army. No one must ever know that I have him sealed within me and I trust you enough to not go spreading any rumors.”

Lunaris looks upon his friend with confliction, does he honor the fashionista’s request or simply tries to beg him to let Lunaris find another way. Finally, Lunaris sighs deeply as he says:

“Alright Steven, you win. I’ll... Cast the spell once you’re gone.”

“Thank you Lunaris, for everything. I do this not only to protect the world but to also protect those like you.”

“Where will you go?, what do I tell everyone?, people are going to question about your whereabouts.”

“I will return to the catacombs and will use this army to build a prison for all of the undead, as I mentioned before: The Dungeon. As for what you will tell them... [sigh] Tell them only that Skeletron is dead, for real this time. And that Steven The Clothier, died with him.”, Upon saying those words, Steven turns toward his undead army and starts to walk in the direction of the catacomb. The undead follows suite and before long, they all vanish into the forest.

“Good bye, my friend.”, Lunaris says sadly as he then narrows his features in determination and turns back towards the town survivors. “Well, I guess this is the last time any of you will see him. Even me it seems...”, Lunaris then lifts a hand and aims it towards the crowd. “I’m going to wipe your memories now. You’ll still remember what happened here tonight but, in honor of my friend’s request, none of you will ever know of Skeletron’s... Of Steven’s... True fate.”

“W-wait, what are you doing?”, One of the town survivors asks which causes various reactions from the rest of crowd.

“Don’t worry, I will not harm any of you. Once your memories are wiped I’ll leave you all to it. The town is a wreck not to mention the Catacomb isn't too far away from here. So I’m going to influence you all to relocate, far away from this place. Please, hold still.”

Author's Note:

Character inventory/equipment:

Twilight: Staff Of Sapphire, Magic Hat (equipped), Mystic Robe (equipped), Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Dynamite, 5x Mana Potion, Rocket Boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped), Seabound Staff, Barinade, Storm Spray, Aquatic Discharge, Scourge Of The Desert, Dune Hopper, Sand Cloak, Victory Shards x14, Aero Stone (equipped)

Starlight: Staff Of Sapphire, Magic Hat (equipped), Mystic Robe (equipped), Starfury, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Dynamite, 5x Mana Potion, 5x Health Potion, Rocket Boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped), Seabound Staff, Barinade, Storm Spray, Aquatic Discharge, Scourge Of The Desert, Dune Hopper, Sand Cloak, Victory Shards x14, Aero Stone (equipped)

Rarity: Staff Of Sapphire, Flinx Staff, Magic Hat (equipped), Mystic Robe (equipped), Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x mana potion, Rocket Boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped)

Fluttershy: Slime Staff, Flinx Staff, Finch staff, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x health potion, Slime Mount, Full set of bee armor (pony, equipped), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

Rainbow Dash: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped), Silver shortsword, Musket, enchanted balloon, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Dynamite, Minishark, 5x Health potion, Slime Mount (equipped), Seabound Staff, Barinade, Storm Spray, Aquatic Discharge, Scourge Of The Desert, Dune Hopper, Sand Cloak, Victory Shards x14, Aero Stone (equipped)

Applejack: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped), Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Health potion, Rocket boots (equipped), Rope, Slime Mount, Blade Of Grass, Full set of bee armor (pony), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

Pinkie Pie: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped), 2x Silver shortsword, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Health potion, Rocket boots (equipped), Slime Mount, Full set of bee armor (pony), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

Zecora: Flinx Staff, Blowgun, Javelins, Silver Pickaxe, Silver axe, Rocket boots (equipped), various potions, Full set of bee armor (zebra, equipped), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

PreviousChapters Next