• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,649 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,649

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 74 - "Get Everyone."

-TERRARIA, THE DUNGEON-

“Wait, please don’t!” Steven The Clothier pleads. “You don’t know what-”

“You underestimate what I’m capable of, old man. Besides, who do you think it was that showed Lunaris how to perform the seal that binds you and Skelly together? Not to mention The Dungeon.” Yharim says as he then places his left hand onto Pinkamena, who stood at his side, while placing his right hand onto Steven who was still struggling against the invisible force that held him in place. Yharim chuckles before he exclaims:

“Change now!”

Yharim’s hands begin to glow with a gray aura which causes Steven to scream out. Incidentally, The Clothier wasn’t alone as deep within his psyche, Skeletron roars out in tandem with his soon to be former prison. Slowly but surely, an unknown energy starts to travel out of The Clothier and creeps towards Pinkamena who says internally:

-I’m going to hate everything about this-

Pinkamena screams out in what was best described as a mix of pain and discomfort.

“Nooooo!” Skeletron roars out mere moments before he is literally injected into Pinkamena. Most notably was the fact that the rune that was once present on Steven was now on full display upon Pinkamena’s chest region. The dark pink pony drops to the floor and says:

“D-damn you, Yharim…”

“You’re welcome.” Yharim responds.

Within Pinkamena’s psyche was a raging demon as Skeletron roars out:

-How dare you do this to me! This stupid pony can not hold me forever! I will kill you, Yharim!-

-Hey! Keep your mouth shut, Skelly boy. I don’t like this anymore than you do.- Pinkamena responds internally.

As this goes on, Steven falls to the floor unconscious while Yharim stands over The Clothier and says:

“Your usefulness as Skeletron’s vessel has ended, my dear clothier. However, I shall allow you to live for the time being. You still have a role to play in my game, after all.” Yharim then picks up the old man as he turns back towards Pinkamena and says: “Get your useless flank ready for the attack on Home Town, after we toss this old man into the cells below.”

“I despise you…” Pinkamena growls.

“I know and I love every minute of it.”

“How does this even work?! You didn’t exactly give me a manual!”

“Do I have to do everything around here? You are in control of Skeletron but once you release him, he is free to wreak havoc. I need you to do just that in Home Town.”

“W-wait… you’re saying that you want me to go into the middle of town and unleash him?! I thought you said that you wanted me to control an army of the undead?! Don’t I need him for that?!”

“You will. Even after the two of you separate, you will still have his power. The power of a necromancer. You will work with Skeletron to raze that town to the ground and force the ponies to combat him. After all, that’s what they planned to do eventually so I’m just speeding things up. In addition, this will be perfect for what I have in mind for The Plaguebringer Goliath.”

“You expect me to just watch him tear Home Town apart? And help him to do it?”

“I expect you to obey me, Pinkamena. Yes, you will assist in its destruction or we both know what I will do to your sister.”

Pinkamena growls angrily before she closes her eyes in frustration and says:

“F-fine… I’ll do it…”

“There’s a good puppet. Come, let’s go see those prisoners down below.”

Yharim starts to walk off in the direction of the cells that held The Dungeon’s prisoners all while Pinkamena stares daggers at him from behind and says internally:

-I am going to butcher you for this… you’ve wronged me in a way that not even your death can atone for-

“You know I heard that, right? The only reason I allow you to sass me like that is because I find it to be mildly amusing.” Yharim says in response as the two make their way towards The Dungeon’s depths.


Deep in the bowels of The Dungeon its prisoners are currently awaiting for Rarity’s promise of a rescue. One prisoner in particular could feel something quite familiar as she says:

“Ooh! ooh! I feel that party pony’s energy nearby! I think?... She’s coming to see me!”

“What are you going on about, Candymena?” Ross Bosman The Tavernkeeper inquires.

“She’s coming to save us all! Rarity kept her promise!”

“Don’t get your hopes up, Candy. Not to doubt Rarity or anything but we can’t-”

“No… something’s different about The Dungeon…” Magius The Wizard interjects as he cuts off The Angler’s words.

“What do you mean?” Katelyn The Mechanic questions.

“I can sense a great change within this place, the horrible magical energies that practically radiated from its very walls seems to have died down. No… it seems to have been… contained.”

“I don’t really understand, darling.” Livian The Stylist comments.

“The Dungeon Guardian creeps within the very walls of this place, keeping a watchful eye out for any intruders. I could always sense that abomination but now… I simply can’t. It’s almost as if the guardian is-”

Suddenly, The Wizard’s words were cut off as the doors to the hallway of cells opens up and what is revealed instantly shocks everyone present. A large bipedal entity, accompanied by a dark pink pony, holding an unconscious Steven The Clothier.

“Time to wake up, old man…” Yharim says as he brutally tosses Steven onto the floor which causes him to awake with a painful grunt.

“Hey! You leave Steven alone you meanie!” Candy The Party Girl exclaims.

“Who are you?!” The Mechanic inquires as she could see everything happening from her cell. Yharim simply glances towards her and chuckles as he says:

“Well, well, didn’t expect to find you here… Katelyn. Draedon sends his regards.”

In that very moment, The Mechanic’s blood starts to boil as she screams out:

“H-how did you?... do not say that monster’s name in front of me! He murdered my father!”

“Ah yes, your old man... Daedalus. I’m so happy for your loss.”

As this is going on, Pinkamena instantly walks straight towards the cell that interests her most as she sensed something very familiar. A cell that held a very particular inmate: Candymena. The pony now stood before The Party Girl’s cell and says:

“It’s… you… me and my sis could sense you.”

“Oh my gosh! You’re a part of Pinkie Pie, aren’t you?! Oh! You guys are just like me and my-”

Pinkamena raises a hoof in an effort to silence The Party Girl as she says in a whispered tone:

“I can’t tell you enough how happy I am to meet you because I want to try something. You may very well be my key to saving my sister.”

Pinkamena then glances over to Yharim who seemed to be having a conversation with The Mechanic. She then returns to The Party Girl and says:

”You see, me and my sis went through some things in the past but during those adventures an entity called the Light Goddess gave us a gift.”

“A gift?” Candymena responds.

“Technically it’s a gift with many uses but one among them is the ability to speak in a sort of mind-link with any other universe’s version of ourselves. Best part about it? Only we can access this link, not even Discord could breach it. Not too long ago, a giant brain messed with my sister and sent her to another reality, mentally that is. However, the pinkie of that world could sense us because of this gift. She couldn’t see us but she knew we were there.”

Pinkamena glances over to Yharim yet again who was currently talking down to Steven, likely mocking the poor old man.

“Listen to me, Candy. Can you help me save my sister? If you do this I will forever be in your debt.”

The Party Girl instantly beamed a bright smile as she salutes in response and says:

“You can count on me, Pinkamena. Also, no need for debts, this is what friends do.”

“Wait… how did you know my- oh right… you’re a version of us. We all do this kind of thing. Anyway, let’s give this a go and if I’m right then not even Yharim can see or hear our conversation with his annoying powers.”

“I’m ready when you are, other me.” Candy says as she awaits patiently for this mind-link.

Then, the whole world around them swirls and morphs. What happens next absolutely amazes The Party Girl who hops happily in excitement. The world stops for a moment as the two beings were now in some sort of establishment but what caught Candy’s eye was the fact that there were ponies on nearby tables enjoying their meals.

“Awwww, so many cute ponies! But, wait… where are we?”

“In this place, I can change it to whatever setting I please. Where we currently are is Sugarcube Corner, me and my sister’s home back on Equus.”

“Oooooh, I like it a lot!”

“Not to sound rude, Candy... but we have work to do. I’m gonna get straight to it, when we return to the real world I’m going to give you a Golden Key. I need you to escape and to deliver a message for me.”

“How did you get a Golden Key? Only Steven has one of- oooooh, you plucked it off of him, didn’t you?”

“Kind of, Yharim was walking in front of me with Steven hung over his shoulder like some sort of trophy. Here’s the best part, Steven was pretending to be asleep as he lifted his head gently, as to not alarm Yharim, and winked at me. He then materialized a Golden Key into his mouth and spat it towards me. Note to self: Drown my right forehoof in sanitizer. It instantly clicked in my head and I knew exactly what he wanted me to do.”

“Ooh, sneaky. What is it he wanted you to do?”

Pinkamena smirks for a moment before she says:

“He wanted me to meet you. Steven knew that you could help and he was absolutely right, you most assuredly can. Now, I want you to deliver this message for me…” Pinkamena takes a deep breath before saying:

“Beware the undead for they shall be attacking in two days. Get as much help as you can possibly muster. Go find Terralestia and Sai Sahan, go collect Zecora and Gex from The Jungle. Hay, get Fluttershy to summon a slime army or even summon those Slime Gods of hers. You’ll also have the aid of everyone who’s trapped in The Dungeon once you free them. To put it simply: Get everyone.”

“I’m all over it! But… what about you?”

Pinkamena takes on a saddened expression for a moment before she replies:

“I’m going to be an adversary in this fight. However, I want you to know that I’m not doing it willingly…”

“That big old meanie is forcing you to do this, isn’t he?”

“Heh, I keep forgetting that you’re one of us. Yes, he has my sister’s life force and in order to protect her… I must do as he asks.”

Candymena looked as if she wanted to cry a river of tears as she says:

“I’m so sorry… that big old meanie needs a good buttkicking!”

“Tch, ain’t that an understatement. If you ask me it goes beyond a simple asskicking. He needs to die, plain and simple.”

“Hey, Pinkamena?”

“Yeah?”

“I know this might sound weird but… I’d really like to become you and your sister’s friend. If you’re anything like my own sister then you’re probably not too good with all the mushy stuff but I’d still like that a lot.” Candy says as she then laughs nervously.

-Of course she has a version of me inside of her.- Pinkamena says internally.

Another voice suddenly responds within the dark pink pony’s mind and much to Pinkamena’s surprise, this female entity’s voice was a slightly deeper version of The Party Girl’s

-You bet she does… nice to meet you, other me. Let’s have some fun together, someday.-

Author's Note:

Ok ladies and gents, it's time! Who would like to join the ponies in their battle against the undead? Your OC characters must have gear that's Crimson Armor/Weapon/Equipment tier if you want to join the story now. There are those among you who wish to wait until a bit later to join, specifically Hardmode, but I am taking OC characters now if you'd like. :pinkiehappy:

How it works:

Your character can be any of the following classes straight from the game and Calamity, even a hybrid:

Mage.
Tank.
Melee Dps.
Ranger.
Rogue.
Summoner.

Keep in mind that should you be a hybrid, those who focus on a certain class will be stronger than you. For example: A pure mage will be stronger than a mage/melee hybrid since his/her equipment is geared towards it whereas the hybrid has mixed gear for both but of course there's that drawback as a result.

Feel free to give yourself a side profession. For example: You could be a mage who also loves to fish a lot. A warrior who crafts potions, things of that nature. Perhaps you're a rogue who loves to sing like a bard? 

An explanation of your character's attitude helps me too. :pinkiehappy:

Race choice consists of any from the game however I also don't mind a sort of 'Subspecies'. For example, Werefoxes and Werewolves are canon to the game but I don't mind having other werebeasts appear as well. 

Here's the list of races with a brief description:

Pony: This race is all too familiar and comes in three separate types, those being pegasi, unicorn, and earth pony. It is currently unknown what happened to your kind but all you can remember is that they all disappeared along the same time as The Hallow. (No alicorn OC, please. :pinkiehappy: Leave that to Twilight Sparkle in Terraria.)

Werebeast: These are entities who resemble the creature they morph into when certain conditions are met. Much like Ritsu The Zoologist who resembles a fox, in other words a kitsune, they too have a resemblance to their inner beast. However, there is a legendary race of werebeasts among them: Werewyverns. Beings who can transform into the serpentine apex of the skies. All werebeasts have one thing in common: They are all victims of Cosmos, The Kitsune Tyrant and the Goddess Of Mischief. She was an absolute blight upon you all and you often voice your hatred of her just like Ritsu does in the story.

Lihzhard: Lizard men/women who lived on Terraria for untold ages. Legends even say that they were among the first lifeforms to ever exist some even say that they match slimes and the dryads in this regard. They speak in their native tongue which acts as their very own spells. (Reminiscent to the Thu'um from The Elder Scrolls Franchise but not exactly the same.) 

This race can also breath underwater and have incredible resistance to diseases. This does not include poison or the effects of certain Biomes like The Crimson or The Astrul Infection.

Of all the races upon Terraria, your kind hates Yharim and his soldiers most as they have caused you nothing but pain. You are also a student of Gex The Witchdoctor as he has shown you the way to become a better lihzhard unlike those heartless monstrosities in the underground Temples.

Terrarian: Another race we are all too familiar with and arguably are the dominant species on Terraria. They are essentially this world's humans but they have so much more going for them. They are a very adaptable race and while others can't learn the abilities of other races, terrarians can. For example: A pony can't learn the thu'um from a lihzhard who's willing to teach it but a terrarian is more than capable. This adaptation is likely what led this race to being the most dominate. (I did this due to the fact that our characters in Terraria can literally do anything any other race could, without any repercussions it would seem.)

Truffle: Beings who are the living versions of mushrooms, similar to Toad from the Mario videogames. They are incredibly attuned to the earth and are only surpassed by the dryads. They can manipulate plant matter and have become costumed to life both above and below ground. You can tell the difference based on the coloration of the truffle. If an entity resembles the common mushroom one would often find above ground then that alone entails what kind of truffle stands before them. These colors often come in: White, red, orange, and sometimes a mixture of the three colors. It's worth noting that they aren't too effective underground like most other races. They also are unable to manipulate dark blue mushrooms

However, should you encounter a dark blue truffle then they are more accustomed to life below ground and while this doesn't mean that they can't exist above ground, they aren't as effective on the surface as their brethren as they can not manipulate most plant matter like their surface brethren. That being said, they are absolutely undisputed when it comes to the underground. They can see what no other can in those dark depths which ranges from seeing in the dark to even locating chambers and objects long before any other race ever could. Earth ponies are similar in this regard but are utterly outmatched by a dark blue truffle. These beings can however manipulate one type of plant matter: Dark blue mushrooms. Legends even say that they can create an entire environment underground which consists of these mushrooms in addition to weapons and even their own homes deep underground.

Merfolk: These are the sea folk who lurks and lives within Terraria's oceans. They can manipulate the element of water to attack their foes and often make amazing healers although their skills are only surpassed by The Nurse. However, they can also be terrifying due to the fact that they've mastered a deadly ability: Blood Manipulation. It is often frowned upon amongst the sea folk but should they become desperate, The Sea King: Amidius, has decreed that you are able to defend yourself with this ability.

Goblin: Contrary to most beliefs, there are indeed kind hearted goblins who have taken it upon themselves to show the world that not all of them are evil. After all, Gorglock The Goblin Tinkerer is living proof of that and he came from one of many goblin tribes/armies. It'd be foolish to assume there can't possibly be more like him. Goblin Tinkerers are masters at their crafts, rivaling The Mechanic and The Steampunker in this regard. It's currently unknown as to why this is the case and has racked the minds of many who were curious about them. How could a race of normally dull minded goblins have certain individuals amongst them that can rival even the smartest minds amongst the other races? No one may possibly know but there are rumors that say that it has something to do with Lord Disidian, or Discord.

If you would like to talk about a custom race then do let me know. The ones I listed are those that we know absolutely exists in Terraria with my own spin on them. There are other races that I sadly can not allow due to their lore such as Calamitas's race, Brimstone Witch. However, if you'd like to be a living skeleton like the bone merchant for example then do let me know. I'm open to the idea of a custom race, we just can't get too crazy of course. :pinkiehappy:

You might be wondering: "How the heck are you going to pull of a custom race, Pomp Neigh?" I have one NPC in particular who will allow this and fits within his lore: The Tavernkeeper. For those who are unfamiliar, The Tavernkeeper is not from Terraria and is in fact an interdimensional traveler. Keep in mind however that should you choose a custom character, you will not appear in the story until after he is released from The Dungeon. :pinkiehappy:

If you have any questions or if I missed anything please let me know via PM. I can't wait to see what you all come up with! :pinkiehappy:

Also, by sending me your characters, you give me permission to use them in the story. As such, you can not retract them later for any reason. In return, I like to have the owners of the OC's steer the path of their characters.

PreviousChapters Next