• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,643 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,643

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12 - A Goblin Army Approaches From The West.

-TERRARIA, HOME TOWN-

It’s a lightly rainy morning in the land of Terraria as Fluttershy tends to her animals along with the assistance of her new roommate: Princess Pinkie.

“Yes, Mr. Squirrel, those acorns are for you and your family. Please send my regards to your wife and children.” Fluttershy says as Mr. Squirrel runs in and hugs her before taking off.

”That should be the last of them, Goddess.” Princess Pinkie says as she looks over a checklist created by the yellow pegasus, which was sat on a nearby table.

“Oh no, I’m not a Goddess, Princess Pinkie. I’m just a normal animal-loving pony. Twilight’s actually more of a Goddess since she’s an alicorn,” The animal lover replies with a blush.

”Alicorn? Forgive me for my ignorance, Goddess, but I am unfamiliar with that term,” The pink slime replies as she hops off the table and onto the shy pegasus’s back.

“Oh, well, you see, we ponies come in three races: Pegasus, Earth Pony, and Unicorn. Rainbow and I are pegasus,” Fluttershy says as she flaps her wings, “We have the ability to control the weather. However, Rainbow and I don’t seem to be strong enough to control your world's weather at all; it’s simply too strong for us.”

”You can control the weather?!" Princess Pinkie exclaims in shock, "Truly, Goddess, you are both kind and powerful.” Fluttershy sighs lightly, followed by a light chuckle before she continues:

“Applejack and Pinkie Pie are earth ponies; they are extraordinarily connected to the earth. Although, Pinkie Pie is a very... Special earth pony.” Fluttershy says nervously as she recalls Pinkie’s antics.

”I really like her, she’s funny, and we have the same name, which makes it soo much better. I haven’t met any earth ponies, but we do have horses here. They’re not as intelligent as your friends, but they are much bigger,” Princess Pinkie giggles, ”Please continue, Goddess.”

Fluttershy nods in response with a vibrant smile, “Earth ponies can detect earthquakes long before anypony else. They can grow vegetation far more effectively, which is why many of them make for great farmers. These ponies possess the most physical strength of all three types. Finally, there are the unicorns.”

”I am familiar with unicorns, Goddess, but the ones here aren’t exactly... Nice. Like the ones who came with you," The slime 'hmms' in thought, "Are the ones from your world anything like mine?” Princess Pinkie asks.

Fluttershy raises a forehoof to her chin in thought, “Well, there are some bad ones like King Sombra," The yellow pegasus quivers, "Oh dear, he was a very mean unicorn, although Twilight did mention something about him being something called an umbrum, if I’m correct. Even so, there are many nice unicorns like my friends. Twilight used to be one too before she ascended to an alicorn. Alicorns are all three combined together, including having a lifespan that could be eternal. At least that’s what Twilight and Discord-” Fluttershy hesitates as she thinks back to the draconequus, specifically, to the moment they both shared before she was sucked into the portal.

Fluttershy takes on a saddened expression and sighs lightly, “Discord...”

”Goddess? Are you ok?” Princess Pinkie asks as she could sense the pegasus’s inner turmoil. Suddenly, a pink tendril extends from the slime and touches Fluttershy, which sends a surge of happiness through the pegasus.

“Oh, oh my, what did you do just now? I feel so... Happy.” Fluttershy questions as she looks on with a confused gaze.

”My type of slime can affect the feelings of others, Goddess," Princess Pinkie replies as she hops happily in place, "I sensed that your feelings were troubled, so I made you happy.”

“That’s so sweet of you, Pinkie. Oh, sorry, your highness.” Fluttershy says as she grabs the slime, lifts Pinkie to her muzzle, and nuzzles The Slime Princess.

”It’s no problem at all, Goddess.”

Suddenly, before the two could go on any further, Mr. Squirrel hops into the pegasus’s home via an opened window and runs over to Fluttershy. Seeing this, the pegasus says:

“Oh, Mr. Squirrel? Are you-”

[SQUIRREL NOISE] [SQUIRREL NOISE] [SQUIRREL NOISE]

“Oh no... Oh no, no, no, no. Thank you very much for telling me, Mr. Squirrel, please go before they show up.” Upon hearing Fluttershy's words, Mr. Squirrel salutes and leaves out of the window. Princess Pinkie looks on as the shy pegasus stares at the floor in utter shock. Sensing Fluttershy's feelings once more, Princess Pinkie says:

”You seem to be panicking, Goddess. What did-”

“Goblins! Oh, Princess Pinkie, this is bad! I need to warn my friends! Please get to safety Pinkie, I don’t want anything to happen to you,” The pegasus pleads as she turns her gaze to the slime.

”G-goddess... You’re worried about me? A slime?” Princess Pinkie asks with shock.

“Of course, silly, you’re my friend. Now please go, I need to leave now.” Fluttershy answers as she exits her home and flies over to Candy Cane Corner, in the lightly pouring rain.

”Goddess... You’d call a monster like me a friend?” Princess Pinkie questions as she couldn’t believe the words she had just heard. “Goddess Fluttershy, my friend, I will not allow any harm to come to you. I shall seek aid immediately.” The Slime Princess then exits the home, leaves the community, and hops off into the woods

..........

Within Candy Cane Corner, everyone in the community, aside from Zecora and Gorglock who returned back to The Jungle with Gex, are in attendance as they eat their breakfast and chat amongst themselves. Suddenly, the door flies open as Fluttershy gallops into the bakery/Pinkie’s home and spots everyone on a nearby table. She approaches them as they are deep in conversation, in regards to future plans, and says:

“Everypony, everypony, you need to listen.”

“...” Sadly, her words aren’t quite loud enough to gain their attention.

“Everypony, please listen.”

“...” Her plead goes unanswered as everyone continues to speak, unhindered by her words. She then narrows her eyes in anger and shouts:

“LISTEN TO ME NOW!”

Finally, everyone turns their attention to the pegasus.

“Good grief, Fluttershy, couldn’t you just use a hoof to-”

“No!" Fluttershy cuts off Rainbow Dash's words, "Everypony listen, Gex’s prediction is true, there’s a goblin army approaching from the west!” Fluttershy cuts Rainbow Dash off as she warns everyone present about what Mr. Squirrel had told her earlier.

“WHAT?!” Everyone exclaims in unison as they get off their tables and leave the bakery together.


(play on loop)

The time is now, everyone stands upon the stone wall facing towards the west as they wait for the encroaching goblin army. Ceeman the Arms Dealer, Fluttershy, Rarity, Twilight, Starlight, and Tanner The Guide remain on the wall with their ranged weapons and their unicorn horns at the ready, along with Helena The Nurse on standby, ready to heal any of her allies harmed in the coming battle.

Lucan The Merchant began to board up all of the homes' windows and lock the doors in an effort to hopefully protect them from intruders. Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Vinny The Demolitionist are on the ground level just behind the wall, in case any goblins manage to get through. Rainbow Dash draws her blade in the air and flies down to Vinny. The Demolitionist sees her and says:

“Ok, Dash. You know the plan, right?”

“You bet! I’ll grab some bombs from you and drop them on the goblins to support everypony. Then, if they manage to get through we’re gonna clobber them!” Rainbow replies with a hint of arrogance as she jabs the air with her blade.

“Stick to the plan, Rainbow," Applejack says with narrowed features. "Ah' don’t wanna hear bout’ you get’n arrogant and hurt because of it, ya hear?”

The cyan pegasus smiles sheepishly in response.

Vinny then turns to pinkie and says:

“As for you, my pink friend, that cannon of yours... Party cannon, I believe you called it, will fire upon the goblins once I call it out. Capiche’?”

“Okie dokily yolkily! I’m ready to party!” Pinkie Pie exclaims as she narrows her eyes in determination.

..........

On the stone wall, Twilight Sparkle looks to the horizon where the goblins should be appearing from. Tanner The Guide puts a hand onto her shoulder, causing The Alicorn to turn and look up to him, which prompts him to ask:

“You gonna be ok, Sparkle? I know you and your friends don’t take lives where you come from, but...”

“It’s fine, Tanner. To be honest, I’d be lying if I said that me and my friends aren’t hesitant to... Kill something," Twilight responds, looking down regretfully. She then raises her head and takes on a determined expression, "But I realize things are different in this world."

Both Starlight and Rarity nod their heads and light up their horns upon hearing Twilight’s words.

“It’s uncouth for a lady to resort to such brashness, but by Celestia, I refuse to die to a bunch of barbarians!” Rarity exclaims.

“Let them come, we’ll show them what our world is made of!” Starlight shouts.

Fluttershy, being the element of kindness, wasn’t holding it together all too well as she could be seen shaking and whispering to herself: ”I can’t kill somepony, I can’t kill somepony, I can’t kill somepony, I can’t-”, Suddenly, Fluttershy’s words were cut off as Helena The Nurse places a hand onto the shy pegasus’s shoulder and says:

“Words can’t express how sorry I am to see a kind and gentle soul like you have to do this, I’m just like you. I hate fighting, I hate violence, I wish this world was anything like yours... A world of peace. Sadly, we got the short stick, so to speak. But let me tell you something, Fluttershy,” Helena then raises the shy pegasus’s head with her right hand, “It is not a sin to fight for the right to live. All living beings cherish their lives and they will fight to protect them. Just think about the animals you love, when something threatens them, they often use their superior speed to escape or their enormous strength to fight off their opposition. Do you know what animal I think represents you most? Despite you being a pony, of course,” The Nurse asks, giggling afterward.

Fluttershy looks on, waiting for Helena to finish their words.

“You are a honey badger, Fluttershy," Helena smiles as she removes her hand from the pegasus's chin, "Small, yet dangerous, and relentless if you mess with them. Be. The. Badger.”

[MMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMM]

Suddenly, the sound of a horn goes off in the distance. Everyone in Home Town braces themselves as the force they were waiting for marched towards them. The hoard of goblins now stood before the walls as the green menaces came in all types; making up their ranks:

A Goblin Mage stepped forth and shouts:

“Stupid ponies! Weak Terrarians! No prisoners! All will die!” The entire hoard laughs together upon hearing those words. Without even letting the ponies or terrarians have a retort, the entire hoard charges towards the wall.

“Open fire!” Ceeman exclaims as he begins to shoot goblins with his musket, dropping them instantly via headshots.

Twilight fires up her horn and releases powerful, purple energy beams, which instantly vaporize a few goblins while injuring others. However, those goblins won’t be suffering for long as Rarity ‘generously’ ends their life with a follow-up attack. Starlight mimics her teacher's actions as she releases energy beams much like Twilight’s, but are a light blue coloration.

[BOOM] [BOOM] [BOOM]

The sounds of explosions go off as Rainbow dash drops multiple bombs upon the hoard.

“Eat that, ugly!” Rainbow Dash exclaims as the pegasus releases every bomb she had. Goblin Archers try to shoot her out of the sky, but the cyan pegasus is simply too quick as she dodges the arrows and flies back behind the wall to grab more bombs.

“Now! Fire away, my pink friend!” Vinny The Demolitionist exclaims, having just placed one of his bombs into Pinkie Pie’s party cannon, and closes his ears.

“You got it! Eat confetti and explosions, you meanies!” Pinkie Pie shouts as she fires her cannon.

[BOOM]

Another explosion goes off as goblin gore spreads throughout the area, along with hints of confetti. Despite this, the goblins continue to run towards the wall.

Starlight then hears something teleport beside her and turns her gaze to a horrifying sight, a Goblin Mage, who teleported onto the structure and managed to knock out Fluttershy. The goblin began to form in its hand a purple orb of energy and hurls it at the group, causing Starlight to shout:

“Everypony, watch out!” Starlight fires up her horn and unleashes a beam of magical energy, en route to the purple orb, as a struggle between their attacks takes place. Twilight, Rarity, and Helena notice this, but Ceeman shouts to them:

“She can handle it! We need to reduce their numbers!”

“Ceeman’s right, we need to focus on the task at hand. Have faith in your friend, she can handle that mage.”, Tanner The Guide says as he continues to fire arrows killing multiple goblins in the process. Twilight and Rarity are hesitant but Tanner’s words have truth to them, as such they resume their attacks on the goblin army. Starlight continues to struggle against her foe, and vice versa, as their beam struggle still goes on.

“Stupid Pony will die!”, The goblin mage antagonizes.

“Not a chance ugly, I can do this all day!”, Starlight replies, suddenly, an arrow pierces the goblins right leg causing it to cry out:

Graugh!, what?!”, looking back the goblin sees who is responsible for the attack, Fluttershy, who regained her consciousness and fired one of her arrows. Starlight smirks upon seeing this and says:

“Sucks to be you buddy, ha!”, Starlight shouts as she takes advantage of the goblins weakened state, overpowers the goblins energy ball, and vaporizes her foe with her magic. The unicorn then trots over to Fluttershy and asks: “Are you ok Fluttershy?, thanks for the assist.”

“Y-yes, I’ll be fine...”, The yellow pegasus says as she turns her head to the hoard outside of the wall.

“Are you sure? You can head down if you want we can-”

“No, I’m fighting too, because I’m...”, Fluttershy says as she cuts off Starlight’s words, She then draws her bow and pulls an arrow out of her quiver. Narrowing her eyes in concentration she finishes her words and says: “I’m The Honey Badger!, and you’ve made me really, really, mad!”, the yellow pegasus then goes on to kill multiple goblins via arrow shots to their heads and necks. Starlight smirks upon seeing this, as does Helen who also witnessed this causing Helen to say:

“Way to go, Fluttershy the Badger.”

“Harpoons in-coming!, they’re trying to climb the wall!”, Ceeman shouts as the goblins who managed to get close to the wall attempted to climb it with the aforementioned weapons.

“Quickly everypony, destroy the harpoons while I continue to- GAUGH!”, Twilight cries out in pain as an arrow impales her shoulder. Rarity sees this and notices the goblin archer below the wall who was responsible and in a fit of anger she alights her horn and shouts:

“How dare you brute!”, Rarity exclaims as she vaporizes the goblin with an energy beam similar in coloration to Twilight’s and continues to do so along with Starlight Glimmer. Fluttershy, Ceemon, and Tanner begin to destroy the harpoons that were attached to the wall. Helena The Nurse runs over to Twilight and says:

“Don’t worry dear, I’ll fix you right up.”, Helena places a hand over Twilight’s wound and a white aura consumes The Nurse’s hand. In an instant the arrow dissipates into thin air as the wound closes up and heals perfectly, even the missing fur from the puncture wound regrows making it looks good as new.

“W-wow Helena, your magic is amazing!. I must pick your brain about-”

”TWILIGHT!”, Everyone shouts in unison as Twilight laughs nervously, everyone present resumes the battle and the war wages on.

“Ok Vinny, I’m ready for more”, Rainbow Dash says as she attempts to grab more bombs to drop onto the goblins.

[BOOM]

“Bullseye!”, Pinkie Pie exclaims as she fires her cannon yet again.

“Here you go rainbow, give em hell!”, Vinny shouts as he gives the pegasus more bombs.

Rainbow takes to the skies and flies over the wall, she suddenly gets a rather daring idea as she smirks and says: “Get ready for the boom, the Sonic-rainboom. This is gonna be awesome!”, The pegasus says as she begins to fly high into the air and reaches her max altitude. “I’ve got to time it just right, Sonic-rainboom then drop these bombs right on top of them.”, Then, she shoots down and begins to descend. Applejack notices this and screams out:

“Rainbow no!, ya dang stubborn fool. What did I-”

[VROOM]

The Sonic-rainboom activates which catches everyone’s attention, The Goblins look on in shock however Twilight and the others react the same way Applejack did as each of them thinks to themselves internally: -What is she doing?!-, Rainbow dash begins to slow herself down and readies her bombs however she was too focused on her stunt she didn’t notice a goblin mage charging its attack and hurls it towards the stunt pegasus. Rainbow finally sees this and barely dodges it but with a horrible cost, she drops the bombs accidently which lands at the base of the wall causing Rainbow to stare on in horror and say: “Oh buck, no...”, Seeing this, Tanner The Guide shouts:

“Everyone, get off now!”, fortunately, everyone heeds his warning on time and hops off the wall into the town.

[BOOM]

Unfortunately, there’s now a large hole in the wall.

Author's Note:

CHARACTER LOADOUT/ITEMS:

Zecora: Copper armor, Copper Pickaxe, Copper Axe, Shurikens, various potions.

Twilight: Full set of copper armor, Wand of Sparking, 3x lesser mana potions, copper pickaxe, copper axe.

Starlight: Full set of copper armor, Wand of Sparking, 3x lesser mana potions, copper pickaxe, copper axe.

Rarity: Full set of copper armor, Wand of Sparking, 3x lesser mana potions, copper pickaxe, copper axe.

Applejack: Full set of copper armor, copper broadsword, 3x lesser health potion, copper pickaxe, copper axe.

Rainbow Dash: Full set of copper armor, copper shortsword, copper bow, 3x lesser health potion, copper pickaxe, copper axe.

Fluttershy: Full set of copper armor, copper bow, 3x health potion, copper pickaxe, copper axe.

Pinkie Pie: ??? (Let's be honest, it's pinkie...)

PreviousChapters Next