• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,625 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,625

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 17 - Lullaby For An Old Man.

-TERRARIA-

Rarity was having the time of her life as she was having quite the discussion, along with some tea and a table set with two chairs she bought from The Merchant that she conjured from her inventory, with someone who much to her own surprise shared the same interests as her.

“Ohoho, that is simply fantastic darling!. I can’t believe you are a fellow fashionista like moi , we simply must exchange designs sometime.”, Rarity says as she listens contently to her new companion’s story: Steven, The Old Man.

“It’s true Miss Rarity, my clothing line used to sell instantly throughout Terraria. Terrarian’s would literally fight over the chance to allow me to design clothing for them, it’s quite lucrative business too as I’m sure you know given what you told me about your world, Equus, I believe you called it?”

“That’s correct darling, but I don’t do it for the money love, not always. I do take some bits to keep a roof over myself of course but I always offer my first time clients a free outfit of their choosing. I take their measurements, I ask them for some time, and fulfill the order without question.”

“That’s mighty generous of you!, I wish I met you back when I was still in my prime we could’ve been great business partners. Well, aside from the fact you don’t really belong to this world.”

“Aw yes, If you were born in my world I don’t doubt that for a second darling. Alas, the universe can be quite cruel.”, The two fellow fashionistas laugh as they finish their conversation.

Steven regained his composer from their laughter as he suddenly took on a saddened expression. Rarity caught on to this immediately and asks: “Are you ok Steven?, your entire face just dropped suddenly?”

“Oh, well...”, Steven then sighs deeply before he continues. “Rarity, we’ve only been speaking for ten to fifteen minutes at best and you’ve already made this old man happy. It’s nice being able to talk to someone again but... You need to go, this place is not safe for you.”

“Oh I’m sure darling but you’re here with me, so it can’t be that bad right?. I know you told me not to enter that, Dungeon, as you called it... But I’m happily content with just speaking with you.”

“Rarity, please, you are very kind and quite generous but you must keep your distance from me. This place is dangerous because of all the dangers within The Dungeon but...”, Steven cuts himself off as he hesitates to finish his words.

“But what darling?, I might not look it despite wearing this silver armor but I can take care of myself. Please, tell me what’s frightening you?”, Rarity pleads, her words causes Steven to look at her worryingly before he sighs and finally gives in.

“I-I’m what makes this place dangerous Rarity... My curse is a threat to all of Terraria, this curse is also my punishment. Please, take my warning and leave me be.”, Steven says as he looks away with his eyes closed. He could hear Rarity get off of her seat and sighed sadly as he assumed she would walk away in fear, like many have before. Suddenly, he was surprised when a white hoof lifts his head and turns his gaze back to his new acquaintance and possible friend, Rarity.

“I will not walk away until you give me the full story Steven, something is clearly bothering you and as your friend it is my duty to hear you out. So, more tea?”, Rarity offers as she conjures a tea pot and refills Steven’s cup.

“Y-you’re not afraid?, you... Consider me a friend? But why?. I mean no offence dear Rarity but we barely know each other that well. Besides... You wouldn’t want to be my friend when you hear my story.”

“Then I’m all ears love, we still have quite some time before the sun sets so come now.”, Rarity claps her hooves twice. “Start talking.”, Steven stares at her in disbelief before he then chuckles to himself.

“You’re one stubborn lady-pony you know that. Alright, I’ll tell you about my curse but you must promise to leave before it gets dark. Swear it to me Rarity.”

“I, Rarity, the bearer of the element of generosity, and a true lady, hereby swear to you that I will keep that promise. Just as long as you tell me the truth Steven, you do not strike me as someone with evil intent.”

“Ok Rarity, I shall tell you about how I became possessed by... Skeletron.”


Many years ago a well known clothier merchant and fashionista felt that he wasn’t adequate enough to aide Terraria against the forces of Skeletron and any other threat that would destroy the world. As I’m sure you can tell this... Is me: Steven, The Clothier. You see, Skeletron is the lord of death and a powerful necromancer to boot. He’d send countless undead beings to pillage and destroy many settlements, each person that died was added to his army as a zombie or any other type of undead. Most disturbingly was when he used his powers to summon a horrible event: The Blood Moon. It’s exactly as it sounds, his influence on the moon empowers his army of the dead. The zombie’s in his army are usually, well, brain dead but thanks to this event they become much more intelligent and much stronger. They can plan, they can plot, their strength is enhanced to the point they can rip a Terrarian in two. Knowing all of this I devised a foolish plan... To seal Skeletron within myself, bind us to The Dungeon, and control his powers in defense of Terraria. I had help from an unknown mage, I forgot his name but I do recall what he looked like although that’s not entirely accurate since he was covered up.

Time went by and things were going surprisingly well. I used this power, despite how some people would react to my use of it, in order to protect the world. This very dungeon we stand upon? I built it, well, me and my army of undead. I know, I know, I was a fool to resort to such tactics but you must understand how desperate me and my fellow Terrarian’s had become. We were tired of having to sleep with an eye open every night as the undead wandered around us, they’d come out every, single, night. By controlling Skeletron’s powers I forced all of the undead to remain within The Dungeon, that is why we never see the undead wandering the land at night nowadays. There are even worse nightmares than the walking dead such as the restless spirits that plagued the lands of Terraria, they too are sealed up here. You can defeat a zombie, you'll struggle to 'harm' a spirit.

But then it happened, Skeletron’s influence grew within my psyche to the point that every night he would take control of my body. My only relief is that he’s still bound to The Dungeon but that doesn’t stop him from claiming poor adventurers and travelers who he tricks through lies and deceit. Since our minds are at conflict neither of us can order the undead to attack or leave The Dungeon, and I’m going to keep it that way until I die and take him with me. Thanks to the seal, If he dies, I live. If I die, we both die.


“And that, dear Rarity, is the story of the foolish old man you call a friend...”, Steven finishes his story and puts both of his hands onto the table, he then cups both hands and brings them to his face in shame. “I’m such a fool, I don’t deserve a life-”

“Do. Not. Say. That!.”, Rarity exclaims as she gets off her seat, trots over to Steven, and hugs his right leg with all her might. Steven was shocked beyond belief but not entirely due to her hug, what caught his attention most was the river that flowed down both of her cheeks: Tears. She sobs as she says: “Y-you just w-wanted to protect e-everyone... Y-you are an u-unsung hero Steven!. You are t-the bravest p-person I’ve ever known!”, Rarity’s words pierced Steven’s heart as he began to do what he never thought he could ever do again, he followed Rarity’s example and allowed the tears to flow.

The two friends stayed like that for half an hour before they finally parted, the fur on Rarity’s cheeks were still damped from her tears. Steven’s heart, for the first time in many years, felt an emotion he thought was lost to him thanks to this curse: Happiness. He looks her dead in the eyes and says: “Thank you, Rarity. My friend.”

“Why of course darling, it’s what a true friend does.”, Rarity says as she lets go and walks back to her side of the table, she takes a seat and with a deep breath she says: “Your story was truly a sad one darling, but, I cried not only because of what happened to you... I also cried because of how alike we truly are.”

“What do you mean Rarity?”

“You aren’t the only one who got possessed by an evil force, I was too... The circumstances were a bit different but it was also the same.”, Rarity’s words shocked Steven. His new friend was soo much more then just a fellow fashionista, she was also someone who understood his pain. Rarity takes a deep breath and says: “I have a story of my own dear Steven. Allow me to tell you about, Nightmare Rarity.”


(Art belongs to its respective owner)

(You can end the story here or you can continue on to the Instrumental song I made for these two. The song is canon to the story but it won’t be a big loss if you choose to skip it. :pinkiehappy: )


Author's Note:

Like the cover/parody song?, these two are so alike that I just had to make them close friends. :pinkiehappy:

Both were good but sadly got possessed by an evil entity? Check.

Both love fashion? Check.

Both are fashionista's? Check.

Character inventory/equipment:

Twilight: Staff Of Sapphire, Magic Hat (equipped), Mystic Robe (equipped), Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Mana Potion, Rocket Boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped).

Starlight: Staff Of Sapphire, Magic Hat (equipped), Mystic Robe (equipped), Silver Shortsword, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Mana Potion, 5x Health Potion, Rocket Boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped)

Rarity: Staff Of Sapphire, Flinx Staff, Magic Hat (equipped), Mystic Robe (equipped), Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x mana potion, Rocket Boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped)

Fluttershy: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped)), silver bow with normal and flame arrows, Slime Staff, Flinx Staff, Finch staff, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x health potion, Slime Mount (equipped).

Rainbow Dash: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped), Silver shortsword, Musket, Starfury, Enchanted Balloon, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Health potion, Slime Mount (equipped).

Applejack: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped), Silver Broadsword, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Health potion, Rocket boots (equipped), Rope, Slime Mount (equipped)

Pinkie Pie: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped), Silver broadsword, 2x Silver shortsword, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Health potion, Rocket boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped)

Zecora: Full set of silver armor (Zebra, equipped), Flinx Staff, Blowgun, Javelins, Silver Pickaxe, Silver axe, Rocket boots (equipped), various potions.

PreviousChapters Next