• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,619 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,619

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 72 - Welcome To The Team.

-TERRARIA-

The sounds of exhausted panting are let loose by a group of individuals who had just managed to defeat their recent foes. Specifically, meteor-like enemies.

“That was something else… how is it possible for life to be born from a meteorite?” Twilight questions.”

“Your guess is as good as mine, Twilight.” Gorglock responds.

“I know I might be The Guide, but my knowledge is only limited to Terraria, not beyond.” Tanner says as he sends his bow back to his inventory.

Starlight, Rarity, and Tempest rejoins the group to which all present turns their gaze towards the new terrarian. Twilight takes on a happy expression as she says:

“Thank you for helping us, Tempest. How did you know that we had to harvest and destroy every last bit of the meteorite in order to stop those monsters?”

Tempest dematerialized her various daggers and her boomerang-like weapon as she closes her eyes and responds:

“I accompanied many adventurers from The Order Of The Guide. There was an incident that included another meteor which was the first time we dealt with these things. A very good friend of mine had a theory of how these monsters were born before he disappeared some time ago. I’ve been looking for him ever since...”

“Oh I’m so sorry, darling. Who’s your friend?” Rarity inquires.

“Magius Swirl Magnus, The Wizard.”

Rarity’s eyes were widened and her mouth opens and closes momentarily before she recovers and exclaims:

“What?! You know Magius?!”

“Yes, he practically raised me from when I was a brat. I call him a good friend but really… he’s the closest thing I have to a father.”

These words shocked everyone present as the implications became all too obvious. Starlight blinks twice before she says:

“Wait a second… you don’t mean to say that your real father-”

“Is dead. He and my mother both.” Tempest interjects. “A powerful storm killed my parents some time ago, rendering me an orphan. Magius raised me as his own until I became old enough to fend for myself. He was a little disappointed since I was never interested in magic and preferred a more… physical approach. Still, he cared for me all the same. I got word that he was missing and came to these parts to search for him. I don’t even-”

“Then consider your search over, darling. I’m happy to say that Magius is alive and well. I mean… kind of…” Rarity interjects as she smiles nervously.

Tempest simply stares at the pony in shock before she finally comprehends the white unicorn’s words before saying:

“You saw my fa- I mean, Magius?! Where is he?!”

“Come with us, Tempest dearie. You and I have a lot to talk about back in Home Town. And I must- OH MY WORD!”

Rarity’s exclamation catches everyone, aside from Tempest, off guard to which Twilight says:

“What’s wrong, Rarity?! Are you hurt or something?”

“Not me exactly but her! Tempest dear, what happened to your left arm?!”

Due to where Tempest was currently positioned, only Rarity could see within the terrarian’s Sand Cloak. Catching onto what caught the pony’s attention, Tempest pulls away her cloak which was hiding her left arm, via using her right arm, and what everyone sees shocks them: It was missing.

“By Celestia!” Starlight, Rarity, and Twilight exclaims in unison.

Gorglock and Tanner simply winces as they instinctively grab their own left appendages.

“Shocking, right?” Tempest inquires with a smirk.

“What do you mean by shocking?! Your arm’s missing! Are you ok? Do you need aid? Maybe The Nurse can-”

Twilight’s series of questions were cut off as the terrarian lifts her hand and says:

“That’s not necessary… I choose to remain like this.”

“But why?!” Starlight, Rarity, and Twilight exclaims in unison.

Tempest closes her eyes and sighs lightly before she says:

“To punish myself… for redemption…”

“P-punish yourself?” Starlight inquires. “What do you mean by that?”

“I thought you’d all figure it out by now. When I introduced myself during the battle, do you remember what my other alias was?”

Suddenly, her words clicks in each and every one of their minds and their eyes widen as a result.

“You said that you were… The Bandit.” Twilight responds as she basically spoke everyone’s minds with those words.

“That’s right, I’m The Bandit. Look, I prefer to cut the crap from the start so I’ll give it to you truthfully. Pretty ironic, all things considered.”

“Before we go any further, I’d like for us to speak somewhere more appropriate.” Rarity says as she then conjures her Ice Mirror. “Gather around me. We’re going to Candy Cane Corner and you can tell us all about it. We can also discuss Magius’s whereabouts.”

Some among them really wanted to pry Tempest for further information. After all, being called: The Bandit, isn’t exactly a friendly name considering what it’s often associated with. They instead choose to push that aside for now as they all gather around Rarity which prompts her to use the Ice Mirror.

Before they disappear, Twilight turns to Tanner and says:

“I can’t wait to create weapons and armor from the meteorite. I’m surprised you never encountered these monsters before from the other meteors you’ve harvested.”

“What can I say? Things are different this time.” Tanner replies.

Mere moments before they disappear via the Ice Mirror, Tempest overhears Tanner’s words and glances back towards him while saying internally:

-Something’s different about him… he doesn’t even truly recognize me. I’m still part of the guild, his guild. You’d figure that he’d recognize one of his own. Also, what does he mean by ‘Never encountered these monsters before’? He was with us when we harvested other meteorites. He didn’t even bother to tell them how to defeat the monsters, I had to do it. They’re lucky that I came here to investigate that meteor.-

Finally, they all disappear in a beam of light mixed with ice.

-I’ve got my eye on you, Tanner.-


-TERRARIA, HOME TOWN, CANDY CANE CORNER-

Rainbow Dash was currently making her way upstairs all while Fluttershy, Applejack, and various other members of Home Town remained downstairs.

A worried expression was present on the rainbow pegasus’s face as she says internally:

-Ok Rainbow, just go in there and apologize to Pinkie Pie. I know A.J said that I did nothing wrong but still. Applejack… I want to tell you how I feel so badly. I know you said that you prefer the normal way of things, mare and stallion, but… maybe we could…-

Rainbow then sighs in a mix of frustration and sorrow as she says:

“I’m so lame, I can’t even tell my special somepony my feelings. But, how do I even tell her? I need to talk to Fluttershy later. Maybe she can help me.”

Finally, the cyan pegasus reaches her destination as she lifts a forehoof and starts to knock on Pinkie Pie’s bedroom door.

[KNOCK]

[KNOCK]

[KNOCK]

“Hey Pinks, it’s Rainbow Dash. Look… I’m sorry if I said something that-”

Suddenly, with lightning speed the doors to the room opens up and a pink blur practically drags the pegasus into the room. Rainbow Dash was currently sitting on her flank, on the bedroom’s floor, as Pinkie Pie looked towards her with a saddened expression.

“H-hello Rainbow…”

“Hey Pinkie, look… I’m so sorry if I did anything wrong to you. I shouldn’t have asked you about, well, you know…”

Pinkie Pie was honestly surprised by this as she blinks twice and replies in a worried tone:

“No Rainbow, it’s not you at all. It’s… me…”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re going to hate me if I tell you what I saw in my world. You’ll… never be my friend again...” Pinkie Pie responds as she lowers her gaze towards the bedroom floor.

The cyan pegasus tilts her head in confusion before saying:

“Pinkie, look at me…”

The party pony still stares to the floor with a saddened expression and on the verge of tears.

“Pinkie pie, look at me right now.” Rainbow Dash says authoritatively.

The pink mare finally starts to raise her gaze albeit with a sniff as she rubs her eyes with her left forehoof.

“Pinkie, you can tell me what you saw there. I won’t get mad at you and I especially won’t stop being your friend. You do realize that those were alternate realities, right? Whatever happened there is that world’s problem, not ours. Sounds harsh but that’s the way it is. Please Pinkie… we hate seeing you like this so just tell me.”

The party pony’s tears started to flow down her cheeks to which Rainbow Dash gets up and walks over to her friend. The pegasus drapes a wing over Pinkie Pie in an attempt to comfort her.

Finally, Pinkie Pie wipes away her tears and takes a deep breath before saying:

“Ok Rainbow… it all started when I invited you to eat a cupcake…”


-TERRARIA, UNKNOWN LABORATORY-

Pinkamena was currently following her escort as they showed her around this unknown facility which, for the time being, acted as their current hideout. She had seen many things here that shocked even her. So many different science experiments were being worked on by many individuals which ranged from all sorts of things such as weapons to even living entities. She could’ve sworn that she saw some kind of large insect, something about it being a plaguebringer?

She and her escort, who incidentally was a certain witch, were now drawing near a large metallic door. The witch turns around and says:

“Behind this door is Draedon’s three most anticipated creations. We’ll be using them very soon for our plans.”

“Yippee…” Pinkamena says with false happiness. “I’m soo thrilled.”

“Heh, you can be a smart ass all you want. But what lies behind this door is even more than your precious sister and her friends could ever hope to handle.” Calamitas says as she smirks mockingly towards the dark pink pony.

“Don’t speak of my sister, you’re not even worthy enough to say her name.”

“Tch, coming from little miss ‘I turn ponies into cupcakes’, that’s just rich.”

“Yeah? Well at least I’m not Yharim’s bitch.” Pinkamena retorts which causes Calamitas to start sparkling with red electricity.

“Are you calling me Yharim’s slave, pony?” Calamitas growls.

“I don’t know, do you see any other witch around here? Also, I said bitch, not slave but I guess we could go with that too. Calamitas, the bitch slave... got a nice ring to it.”

“Unless you want me to go pay your sister a little visit… don’t fuck with me. Yeah that’s right, I know about that too. I have powers that are similar to Yharim’s and your mind is an open book.”

Pinkamena growls angrily to the point that a vein was starting to form on her head.

“I’m getting sick and tired of you people using her against me!”

“Oh please, little pony. Yharim and I alone could kill you in a heartbeat with or without your sister. The only reason why you’re not dead yet is because he wills it.”

The dark pink mare simply starts laughing hysterically to which Calamitas narrows her eyes and asks:

“What’s so funny? Realizing how hopeless this situation is for you?”

“N-no! Hahahaha! It’s just… you truly are his bitch! I bet you love doing every little thing he tells you to do, huh? That’s the difference between you and me, I’m forced to be here for my sister’s sake. You, on the other hoof, are his willing servant. I don’t see what’s keeping you here! Plain and simple, I will never yield to him like you are, little miss Yharim’s plaything!” Pinkamena exclaims.

The witch was literally seconds away from just killing this pony who blatantly mocked her as Calamitas gathers a large ball of energy within her hands and aims it towards Pinkamena.

“That’s it… you’re dead…” Calamitas says with absolute hatred in her voice.

“Unless you want to join her, Calamitas… you’ll stop right where you are,” A new voice interjects which causes both Pinkamena and Calamitas to turn towards a new individual.

This entity was completely mechanical while he was also accompanied by a female terrarian and a male entity who seemed to resemble: A cyborg, a male terrarian of flesh and technology.

“Dr Draedon…” Calamitas says as she then turns towards his associates. “Isabella The Steampunker and her latest creation: The Cyborg J42-0N. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

“Cut the crap, Calamitas.” Isabella says as she then turns her gaze towards the pony who stood before them. “You must be Pinkamena, Master Yharim has informed us about you. J42-0n, say hello.”

The cyborg entity’s left eye starts to glow with a blue light as he says:

“Mission parameters acknowledged.
Commencing interaction protocols…
Greetings, I am J42-0n The Cyborg.
Mission complete.
Commencing standby mode until further orders.”

“Charmed.” Calamitas responds sarcastically.

Pinkamena simply nods in response but says internally:

-This is a bucking madhouse. Now there’s a blasted cyborg here? Not to mention this Draedon guy is also a freaking cyborg but with even less flesh, if at all. What’s next, giant machines of destruction?!-

“Actually, yes. You clearly haven’t seen what’s behind these doors.” Calamitas interjects as she read Pinkamena’s mind.

“Stay out of my head, witch.” Pinkamena says angrily.

Calamitas responds with a middle finger.

“You’re acting like children. Move aside, both of you. I wish to check on my beloved trio.”

Heeding to his request, Calamitas and Pinkamena step aside although they still stare daggers towards each other. Draedon then lifts a hand top which the doors releases a beeping sound and starts to depart as a result.

The group now enters a very large room and the ceiling seems to be able to open up to the outside world. However, what catches Pinkamena’s attention is something that caused her to internally:

-I just had to bucking jinx it...-

Dr Draedon steps forward as he observes various scientists and many other individuals going to work on three mechanical entities.

“Beautiful… my beautiful Mechanical Trio: The Destroyer, The Twins, and of course my latest addition, Skeletron Prime.”

Author's Note:

Character inventory/equipment:

Fluttershy: Bee Armor(pony, equipped), The Bees Knees, Eviscerator, Slime Staff, Finch Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Hornet Staff, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Honey Comb(equipped), Brain Of Confusion, Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount.

Rainbow Dash: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Star Cannon, Minishark, Eviscerator, Aquatic Discharge, Bloody Rupture, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Victory Shard, Slime Mount.

Zecora: Crimson Armor(zebra, equipped), Dune Hopper, Sausage Maker, Beenade, Tooth Ball, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Various Potions, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Sand Cloak(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bloodstained Gloves(equipped), Honeyed Goggles.

Starlight Glimmer: Magic Hat(pony, equipped), Mystic Robes(pony, equipped), Blood Bath, Starfury, Vein Burster, Storm Spray, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Healing Potion, Victory Shard, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Slime Mount.

Rarity: Bee Armor(pony, equipped), Blood Bath, Bee Gun, Hornet Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Ice Mirror, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Magic Hat, Mystic Robes, Rocket Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Slime Mount.

Applejack: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Blade Of Grass, Vein Burster, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Rope, Metal Detector, Healing Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount.

Twilight Sparkle: Magic Hat(pony, equipped), Mystic Robes(pony, equipped), Blood Bath, Storm Spray, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Ichor, Victory Shards, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Slime Mount.

Pinkie Pie: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Bloody Rupture x2, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Metal Detector, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount.

PreviousChapters Next