• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,649 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,649

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 111 - Linn's Revelation.

-TERRARIA, DESERT BIOME, ANUBIS’S PYRAMID-

A type of staredown was currently taking place in Anubis’s throne room all while the changelings were ready to tear away at The Guide, should Lord Anubis will them to do so.

“I had a feeling you knew all about my true form,” Tanner comments as he was honestly starting to get completely nervous. Despite being a demon, even he knew that this was a battle that simply wasn’t in his favor. “Why didn’t you do something about it when everyone else was here?”

“Now where’s the fun in that, boy?” Anubis responds in a condescending tone. “I could easily slap you around right here, right now,” Suddenly and completely unexpectedly, Anubis seems to relax his body and simply chuckles to himself before saying: “But it’s not my place to do so,” The ancient god then steps aside and beckons for Tanner to enter the portal. “Go on, head inside and do whatever it is that you have planned for them. But, let me say this: You can underestimate those terrarians with them, maybe even King Amidias and his fellow merfolk. However, you shouldn’t underestimate the children of Harmony.”

Tanner’s eyes suddenly glows red all while a fiery aura surrounds him as he responds:

“You do realize that by letting me go, you’re just ensuring my lord’s plans? You’ve been sitting in your little tomb for far too long that it’s clouding your judgement, God Of The Dead and Overseer Of The Desert Biome.”

“And you’ve got quite the mouth for a little welp. A demonic mouse who thinks he can stand up to a divine mountain. However, I assure you, my judgement is all too clear. The beauty of it all is that when this is all said and done, you’ll be dead, and I’ll be laughing.”

Anubis then covers Tanner in a powerful blue aura which in turn completely overpowers and dissipates the fiery red aura that once surrounded The Guide.

“You dare do this to me?! I am one of the most powerful demons in-”

“Bla bla bla, just shut up already,” Anubis interjects as he raises Tanner into the air with an invisible force. “I’m going to throw you into the portal now, but before I do and the next time you see Legion, tell them: Anubis sends his regards, motherfucker.” The ancient god then smirks as he flies Tanner into the portal all while the humanoid changelings give off a mocking salute to The Guide.

Anubis stares at the portal for a few moments as his angered expression turns into neutrality before he then chuckles and says:

“Looks like your ‘Ark Plan’ worked out well, Harmony. Those ponies might come from another world but I can sense your influence within them. I hope to see you again, old friend.”


-TERRARIA, DR DRAEDON’S ABANDONED CRIMSON BIOME LABORATORY-

Twilight’s group continues to traverse the underground laboratory as the lavender alicorn lets out a sneeze, to which Linn comments:

“You ok, Twilight?”

“Y-yeah, that came out of nowhere,” Twilight responds as she then puts a forehoof to her chin in thought. “Although, I feel like I missed a vital source of information.” The pink haired terrarian lets out a small laugh before she says:

“Is that like your pink friend’s ‘senses’, only you sense knowledge or something? You little bookworm.” Linn says in a teasing tone.

“Yeah yeah, I get that enough from Rainbow Dash,” The lavender mare responds as she then bumps her chest proudly and says: “Being a seeker of knowledge isn’t a bad thing, so long as you don’t go about it like…” The pony suddenly becomes hesitant as she recalls a certain foe from her past. Specifically, a large brain entity.

As this goes on, Both Tori and Celebes The Dryad continue onward; leaving behind the two conversationalists.

“You ok?” Linn asks as she takes notice of the pony’s trance.

“Y-yeah… well, actually, not entirely. I was reminded of Brainiac… I love gathering knowledge but what Brainiac did and what they were trying to attempt is just… evil.”

“Then it’s a good thing that you’re nothing like that creature. I heard all about that from Celestia and Sai; I’m sorry for what that thing did to you guys.”

“It was a horrible experience for me and my friends. And to be completely honest, I don’t think we’ll ever forget that.”

“The pain will never go away, Twilight… nor will the memory. No matter how hard you try. Trust me, I know from personal experience,” Linn then stops as she turns towards the alicorn and places her left hand onto Twilight’s chest region; specifically, over the pony’s heart. “The best thing you can do is to hold it tight and swear to never allow anyone else to feel that pain.”

Twilight places a forehoof over Linn’s hand and closes her eyes as she says:

“Thank you, Linn,” The terrarian then nods in response as she moves her hand away from Twilight’s chest, to which the pony says: “Um, if you don’t mind me asking…”

“Yes?” Linn responds as Twilight was momentarily nervous and hesitates to go any further. “W-well, you seem to speak from personal experience about loss and I make it a habit of mine to want to know and help my friends. Especially as The Princess Of Friendship. I guess what I’m saying is: What happened to you?”

Linn was momentarily taken aback by Twilight’s question. The terrarian wasn’t mad, not at all, but she was slightly hurt from the memory of past events. Finally, Linn takes a moments to let out a long sigh and says:

“You remember me telling you about my home? Where we used to breed horses for the royal army?” Twilight nods in response which prompts Linn to continue: “To put it bluntly… it was burned to the ground by a large dragon. My parents… my sister… my friends, they were all killed in the blaze.”

“Wait a second,” Twilight comments as she recalls what Linn said during the battle with Skeletron. “You mentioned that Yharim destroyed your home. However, when Celestia told me the story about her brother, she also mentioned that Yharim has a dragon who is always at his side. W-was that-”

“Yes,” Linn interjects. “That dragon was the very same one who did it; under Yharim’s command who rode on its back while the dragon burned everything I loved to the ground.” The pink haired terrarian then clenches her fist, all while Twilight takes on a saddened expression, as she says: “I’ve made it my goal to slay that dragon and to make sure that Yharim’s corpse lies beside it. I even gave up my status as a member of the royal family’s side-”

“What?!” Twilight exclaims in utter shock. “You used to be royalty?!”

“Y-yes, my family are the descendants of another branch of the royal family. When my parents and my sister died, along with everyone else in my hometown, I was the sole survivor. Following that horrible event, the main branch of the royal family took me in and raised me ever since,” Linn then starts to smile before she continues: “Cadence and I became close during that time and we became more than cousins, we were sisters. I lost my family that day, but being with the main branch of the family helped me to pick up the shattered pieces of my heart.”

Suddenly, Linn is cut off by Twilight’s next action as the alicorn runs into the terrarian and with a flap of her wings, the pony rears up and hugs Linn while saying:

“I’m so sorry for what happened to you… I-I wouldn’t be able to handle such a loss.” The terrarian returns the gesture as she hugs the alicorn in turn and says:

“Thank you, Twilight.”

After a brief moment, the two separates from the hug as Twilight comments:

“We should probably catch up to Tori and Celebes. We still need to find a Crimson Altar to forge that blade, not to mention find any information we can in this lab.”

“You’re right. But, Twilight?”

“Yes?”

“Thank you for that. I appreciate you comforting me after hearing my story.” Twilight happily nods in response as the two continue to walk down the hallway, in the direction that Celebes and Tori had treaded upon.

……….

Both Twilight and Linn were currently walking down the hallways of Dragon’s Laboratory as their steps echoed throughout the corridor. Suddenly, a gust of wind starts to form in front of them as Tori appears moments after. Imitating Celebes’s voice, the humanoid bird comments:

“We found something that urgently requires our combined attention. Follow me.” Heeding to Tori’s request, the pink haired terrarian and the lavender alicorn follows suit. Tori soon leads them through a doorway and into a lab that was currently inhabited by dust and various insects that scurried about. Incidentally, there were also corpses of flesh monstrosities as it became apparent that both Tori and Celebes seemed to have gotten into a conflict while Twilight and Linn were left behind.

“By Celestia, when did that happen?” Twilight inquires.

“No need to worry about that, Tori took care of it with swift precision,” Celebes responds as she was currently working on one of the computers nearby. “Come here, I have something urgent to show you two and it’s not pretty.” Cautiously, both Twilight and Linn draw near Celebes as they fix their gaze onto the computer screen.

Twilight’s eyes were widened in horrific realization as she reads the name of the file and shouts:

“C-Cyborg Brainiac?!”


-TERRARIA, CAMELOT-

Various guards were currently running with all due haste towards the direction of the docks. Incidentally, there was a large trail of smoke that reached high into the skies as some amongst the masses comments:

“Is that a fire?”

“It’s coming from the docks.”

“I heard rumors that it’s coming from The Flim-Flam Brothers’s warehouse.”

As this is going on, a dark pink pony was currently exiting a cupcake store to which the owner shouts:

“Thank you very much, Miss Pinkamena. These cupcakes are sure to sell! They’re absolutely delicious. Seriously, what’s the secret? It's got to be a pony thing, there sadly aren't many of you left nowadays. Also, be careful out there, who knows what kind of sick individuals would try to do something to you.”

Pinkamena simply raises a hoof in response as she says:

“Appreciate the tip. Also, I can’t reveal my secret and as a fellow baker, I’m sure you can understand that we all have our secret recipes. I will however say this: It’s to absolutely die for.”

The shop owner simply chuckles in response as he says:

“I understand completely, ma’am. Oh, and, just between you and me…” The shop owner then leans into the pony and says in a whispered tone: “That fire that’s taking place at the docks? I hope that it affects The Flim-Flam Brothers in a negative way. Hate those bastards…”

“Oh, I’m sure you won’t be seeing them around anymore. Enjoy the cupcakes!” Pinkamena exclaims happily with a raised hoof as she turns around and takes on a mischievous smile. Incidentally, the shop owner took a bite out of one of the cupcakes in question before he returns to his shop while commenting:

“Mmmm, delicious.”

-I’m sure they are, shop keep- Pinkamena says internally as she continues to walk away.

-I’m sure they are-

Author's Note:

Yes, Pinkamena did just give the shop keeper certain cupcakes. No, she's not sorry.

Character inventory/equipment:

Fluttershy: Statigel Armor(pony, equipped), Overloaded Blaster, Eviscerator, Crimslime Staff, Corroslime Staff, Slime Staff, Finch Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Hornet Staff, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Honey Comb(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Staff Of Necrosteocytes, Purified Jam.

Rainbow Dash: Necro Armor(pony, equipped), Star Cannon, Minishark, Eviscerator, Aquatic Discharge, Bloody Rupture, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Victory Shard, Slime Mount.

Zecora: Crimson Armor(zebra, equipped), Dune Hopper, Sausage Maker, Beenade, Tooth Ball, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Various Potions, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Sand Cloak(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bloodstained Gloves(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Skeletron Hand.

Starlight Glimmer: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Starfury, Vein Burster, Purple Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Healing Potion, Victory Shard, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand.

Rarity: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Hornet Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Ice Mirror, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand, Staff Of Necrosteocytes.

Applejack: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Orange Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Rope, Metal Detector, Healing Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Bone Glove, Skeletron Hand.

Twilight Sparkle: Meteorite Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Book Of Skulls, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Ichor, Victory Shards, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount.

Pinkie Pie: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Blue Phaseblade, Bloody Rupture x2, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Metal Detector, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, The Blood Butcherer, Skeletron Hand.

PreviousChapters Next