• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,644 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,644

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 95 - Tzana's Objective.

-EQUUS, CORRUPTION BIOME, CANTERLOT OUTSKIRTS-

Shining Armor, in addition to the two yaks who were currently accompanying him, were currently stealthily making their way around the battlefield. At a safe distance, the Prince of The Empire momentarily observes the battle before he turns back to his yak allies, both of whom were still pulling the cart with Grogar’s Bell, and says:

“His attention is focused on everyone else, let’s move out while we still have the chance.” The trio then starts to move as the noise that emanates from the cart’s wheels follows behind them.

Meanwhile, Tirek continues to devour the otherworldly magic from the army’s equipment as he steadily grows in both power and stature. His large hulking form easily allowed him to oversee the battlefield before the centaur.

Tzana, Tempest, and Grubber were currently attacking the centaur but in a fashion that seemed to be exclusive to not only them but the centaur as well. Specifically, their attacks were lacking in a sense but not enough to draw anyone else’s attention.

Shining Armor and his yak allies were now positioned behind the centaur as they remained hidden behind a dirt mound.

“This spot is perfect,” The unicorn prince comments before he then turns towards the two yaks. “Thank you very much for helping me move this bell. Once I give the order, we’ll go forth and end Tirek’s capabilities,” The unicorn Prince then holds a forehoof into the air as he says: “Steady…”

Using both of his arms, Tirek shielded his face from a series of ranged attacks in the form of dragons breathing fire to unicorns blasting him with their magical aptitude.

“Steady…” Shining Armor comments with his forehoof still held in the air; waiting for the opportune moment.

Some of the changelings within the army actually tried to disguise themselves by transforming into the monsters of The Corruption. Their hope was that Tirek would mistake them for an ally which in turn would allow them to stealthily strike the large centaur. Unfortunately, despite the cleverness of the attempt, Tirek simply laughs at them as he attacks their new forms says:

“You think I’ve forgotten about you changelings? A commendable effort but the monsters of this place were ordered to not interfere in our battle. Changeling or not, any monstrosity from The Corruption-”

“Lord Tirek!” Shining Armor exclaims from behind the large centaur along with his two yak allies. “This ends now!”

Turning around, Tirek was about to mock the unicorn only for the centaur’s eyes to widen in horror as he took notice of Grogar’s Bell.

“N-no! It can’t be!” Tirek exclaims in disbelief.

“Say goodbye to your magic and return to the depths of tartarus!” Shining Armor exclaims. However, the unicorn failed to realize that despite Tirek’s fear of the bell, the centaur formed a smirk on his face. “Now! Activate the bell!”

“...” Nothing happens in response which causes Shining Armor to turn around only to find a shocking sight. The two yaks that accompanied him were now rendered unconscious as two mares stood on top of the cart along with a certain hedgehog.

“T-Tempest? Tzana? Grubber… what are you doing?!”

“Isn’t it obvious, Prince?” Tempest inquires mockingly. “This is what we call: Betrayal.”

“You fools really thought that I was your ally? Pretty stupid of you to trust someone you’ve just met.” Tzana comments as she looks down towards the unicorn Prince condescendingly.

Shining Armor was now filled with dread as their only chance of stopping Lord Tirek was now taken away from the two mares who were a part of The Coalition’s army. Nearby, Prince Ruthorford and King Domihaus takes notice of this as they say:

“You two are traitors! Yak make sure you two pay!”

“Domihaus knew that deep down the former Storm King’s commander was never one of us!”

The two leaders, in addition to the rest of the army, were about to go forth and come to Shining Armor’s aid before Tzana lift’s a hoof over Grogar’s Bell and shouts:

“Take one more step and you can kiss this bell, goodbye!”

“Domihaus calls you a fool if you think we need a bell to-”

“Without that bell, none of you can ever hope to defeat me,” Tirek interjects as he stomps towards his allies. “Tzana, Tempest, and even the hedgehog here has informed us about Discord retrieving the bell. Why do you think Lord Ocram chose me to face you? Why do you think I haven’t ordered the creatures of The Corruption to attack you in full force? Didn’t you think that this was too easy? We wanted you to bring the bell for our battle. And now, not only do I get to feed on your magic from Terraria but with Grogar’s Bell in our possession, none of you will have the means to stop us!”

“There’s just one more thing we need to take care of,” Tzana says as she turns an eye towards Tempest. What happens next shocks everyone as the earth pony mare kicks Tempest right off of the cart and causes the broken unicorn to collide with the earth below, now rendered unconscious. “Dealing with these traitors within our midst.”

Grubber was absolutely dumbfounded as he turns to Tzana and questions:

“W-what are you doing? We’re loyal to-”

“No, you’re not,” Tzana replies as she then hits the hedgehog with her forehoof, sending the small mammal flying through the air and landing right next to Tempest as he too was rendered unconscious. “You two have been scheming against Lord Ocram’s plans. We’ve known this all along but allowed you to play your silly little game,” Tzana then turns towards the rest of the army and declares: “Listen well, all of you! Lord Ocram would like for you to return to The Empire and prepare yourselves for our coming! My lord wants you to put up your best barriers and call forth every last one of your allies! The Corruption wants you to give yourselves false hope before we come to destroy it! To tear that hope away from you all!”

Recovering from his shocked state and the recent betrayal, Shining Armor grits his teeth in anger and exclaims:

“Why should we listen to you?! We’ll die before we ever turn tail and run!” In agreement with the unicorn Prince’s words, everyone else within the army in addition to King Domihaus and Prince Ruthorford lets loose various war cries.

Tirek simply chuckles in response before he raises his left hand and prepares to snap his fingers as he says:

“Perhaps you all need incentive to leave? We could easily butcher you all right here and now. However, Ocram has plans for you. Behold the terror that you all face!”

[SNAP]

Tirek snaps his fingers and upon performing the action, the very landscape around them starts to shift and quake. Nearby dirt mounds and even parts of a nearby mountain were starting to crumble upon which a large entity starts to emerge.

“It’s that monstrosity, it’s coming. I wondered where it’s been all this time.” Shining Armor comments.

“Wait, does pony Prince mean that this is big creature?” Prince Ruthorford inquires.

“Domihaus remembers... the giant creature from the drone footage.” King Domihaus responds.

In mere moments and at a safe distance behind both Lord Tirek and Tzana, the corrupted earth erupted as the head of a large worm entity erects itself high into the air before it then arch’s itself and lowers its gaze towards the army before letting out a frightening roar.

[SKREEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAA]

Everyone in the army was now frozen in fear as they truly took in the massive size of this monstrosity, The Eater Of Worlds. Dr Whooves’s drone footage did not truly portray the massive size of the entity. This creature was easily the second largest entity to ever exist on Equus, second only to The Moon Lord. Then again, considering the fact that Razeem was no longer here, the large worm-like entity was now the largest being on the entire world of Equus. Tirek’s newfound size was indeed impressive but still dwarfed by the majesty that was the world eater.

“Tell me, Prince,” Tzana comments which catches Shining Armor’s attention. “Are you sure you want to throw your lives away here and now? If this creature kills you all, who’s going to protect that sweet, widdle, baby of yours when we come for The Empire? What’s her name? Ah! Yes, Flurry Heart.”

Shining Armor, King Domihaus, and Prince Ruthorford, in addition to the remaining forces of their army were now struck with fear and the simple need or desire to protect all that they love. Then, in a kneeling gesture, Shining Armor lowers himself to the ground and says:

“W-we’ll leave… we’ll return to The Empire…”

“That’s a good little pony,” Tzana replies as she turns her gaze towards the unconscious Tempest Shadow and Grubber. “Take them with you, we have no need for traitors within our midst.”

Heeding to her request, Shining Armor cautiously starts to walk towards Tempest and Grubber. The Prince now stood above them as he mutters:

“How could you do this to us, Tempest… we truly thought that you-”

“Clock’s ticking, pony,” Tirek interjects. “I can only keep my large worm friend here away from you all for a few moments. They really want to eat you and this army right now so I suggest you get a move on.”

Prince Ruthorford and King Domihaus also made their way towards Shining Armor as the yak Prince offered to carry the broken unicorn all while Domihaus grabs Grubber. The trio of leaders, along with their unconscious captives, simply walks away with loss, shame, and pain etched onto their faces to which Tzana comments:

“Don’t look so down, everyone. Be glad that Lord Ocram wants you all alive for the time being. See you soon!” The mare calls out with a wave of her forehoof as the army starts to take their leave of The Corruption.

Tzana, Tirek, and The Eater Of Worlds were now the only ones left as they watched the army fall back to The Empire in utter defeat. The large worm lets out a growl before it burrows back into the corrupted earth, disappearing as a result. The centaur chuckles at the army’s misery before he turns to Tzana and says:

“Looks like Ocram chose well when it comes to those who are still loyal to our cause. You and our hidden ally within The Empire will be our ticket to achieving our first objective.”

“Indeed, although I had no idea that we have another infiltrator within The Empire. Who is it?”

“Let’s just say that they’re on the smaller side and keep it at that.”

-Of course he won’t just say it out loud- Tzana states internally before she replies externally:

“Where will you go from here?”

“Now that we have the bell, I’ll hold it in safe keeping until we attack The Empire. Discord, along with The Princesses and some of the other leaders, are the biggest powerhouses within The Coalition. Once we remove them then we can go on to our second objective: That blasted Crystal Heart. Blueblood has planted the seeds that Lord Ocram needs to infiltrate The Empire,” The large centaur then starts to stomp off towards Canterlot as he raises his hand in the air in a waving gesture. “Now that you’re exposed to The Coalition, you’d best find a place to hide until our attack on The Empire. I’ll see you then.”

Tzana observes the centaur momentarily as she then pulls out a scroll and unravels it. Upon doing so, she was consumed by a series of shadows which causes the mare to literally be pulled into the scroll. After Tzana disappears without a trace, the scroll was burned by a black flame as any evidence of it was destroyed in the process.


-EQUUS, UNKNOWN LOCATION-

Tzana reappears within a darkened room where the only light source came from the table and in the form of a lit candle that was placed upon the furniture. She walks forth and pulls back a chair that was paired with the table. The mare sits herself onto the aforementioned chair as she then taps the table in matter that was almost musical in nature.

“We art glad to see that thou art unharmed, Tzana,” A very familiar voice says.

“Princess Luna, things are going according to our plan. Tempest and Grubber have been exposed to The Coalition and by my actions, I have proven to Tirek, and by extension Ocram, that I am loyal to The Corruption,” Tzana then chuckles before she continues: “So they think, anyway.”

“Hath thou learnst of any other information?”

“As you already know, The Corruption plans to attack The Empire. I hated having to betray everyone and give them Grogar’s Bell but I had to do what Ocram told me. Tempest and Grubber took the fall which secured my place within Ocram’s ranks. Give her my apologies for she’ll be in pain after that kick I gave her.”

“She and thy hedgehog will be treated as a villain now that they hath been captured as a prisoner of The Coalition. We will try our best to ensure that they are sentenced to the dungeons and not meet the same fate as Blueblood.”

“Ah, so that piece of shit is getting the axe, huh? Good. I couldn’t stand that stallion.”

Luna chuckles momentarily before she replies:

“Indeed. We art happy to be rid of him from this world,” Luna then takes notice of Tzana starting to ponder on something to which the dark alicorn questions:

“Art thou ok, Tzana?”

“Oh, sorry about that, Princess. I was just thinking back to when you first arrived in my home and recruited me for all of this.”


-FLASHBACK-

Some time before Tzana and Tempest meet each other in the bar:

POV: Tzana:

I just couldn’t believe it… I got quite the surprise when I entered my home only to find a very familiar dark alicorn mare sitting on my kitchen table; almost as if she owned the place: The Princess Of The Night. She who I respect most of any Princess alive today.

“Welcome home, Tzana. We knoweth of thy true name, Journey Joy, but we’ve decided to value thy privacy out of consideration.”

Can I help you? It’s not everyday that a Princess visits you so forgive me if I seem a bit surprised.

“We shall keep this brief. A great darkness hath threatened the world and thou art a promising agent that we wish to employ. We knoweth of thy prayers to us when we were still imprisoned on the moon. We ask of ye to forgive our intrusion for we hath breached thy privacy by means of the dream realm.”

The dream realm?

“Tis complicated to explain to thou in earnest but know that we hath learned more about ye through thy own dreams and the dreams of another.”

Someone else’s dreams? Who the hell would ever dream about me? Ok, wait, what in the depths of Tartarus is going on here exactly?

“As we hath said, we’ve learned of thyself through your memories and that of somepony you’ve known in the past although we must first ask something of you.”

Good grief, I’ve known The Lunar Princess to be quite capable when it came to the minds of ponies but to have it confirmed by her, is just surreal.

“We thank thee for thy compliment.”

Shoot, thinking out loud again. So, what was it that you wish to ask of me?

“Wouldst thou honor us by becoming an agent in our employ? We must resort to such measures in order to combat this foe.”

I saw that giant creature that came from your moon, is that the foe you’re referring to?

“Nay, what we face is something that was left behind, an aftermath of those events. We face a new type of foe. An infection from another world led by a monstrosity called: The Hivemind. Or as our agents now designate: Ocram.”

Well shit… I’ve dealt with ancient tombs--actually ran into Daring-Do once--and rogue mercenaries but an alien infection from another world? That’s a new one even for me. I’m curious though... Now, I’m not saying that I decline your request but what If I were to hypothetically do just that? Aren’t you afraid of revealing to me such vital information?

“Thou hath learned of our prowess with the mind. We would never force somepony to agree with this so shouldst thou decline, we in turn shall erase thy memories of this meeting.”

“Doth thou need some time to think to thyself? This will not be an easy task and it most certainly won’t be safe. We art not even sure of the chances of our success but we must take such measures against this enemy.”

“Hath thou come to a decision?”

Certainty of death, small chance of success… what are we waiting for?

“Huzzah! We knew that thou art a promising pony.”

Shit, coming from you, that sentence is an absolute honor. So, how do we go about this?

“Thou shall pack up thy essentials and join us as we return to The Empire. Then, we wish for thee to meet with our contact and your fellow agent within a bar of our choosing. We shall go further from there.”

Sounds good. Let me pack up my stuff and I’ll join you.


Some time after Tzana and Tempest’s reunion, after their meeting in the bar and confrontation on the rooftop:

-CANTERLOT CASTLE-

So, this is where the big guy himself will see if I can join The Corruption? By the way, Tempest, this place looks like shit.

“What did you expect? Sunshine and rainbows? Canterlot is now part of The Corruption Biome.”

“Here we are, Tzana. Remember, If anything goes wrong you have that scroll to escape from The Hivemind.”

I’ve got this. I’ll see you later in The Empire; we’ve got a lot to talk about just like I promised on that rooftop.

“My face still hurts from that… thanks, by the way.”

My hoof says: You’re very welcome.


-CANTERLOT CASTLE THRONE ROOM-

“Why are you joining The Corruption? What could you possibly hope to gain? Give us a reason not to kill you right here and now.”

You want sin, right? Take a whiff and tell me what you find.

“We must admit, your sins are delicious and Tempest has indeed delivered when she informed us of your existence.”

I’ve been a mercenary for many years now and fighting for filthy lucre has been good enough for me, pays for the booze. Toss me a bit of coins and I will risk life and limb. Dangle your spare change in front of my nose and I’ll come running. I’ve been a pawn on the chessboards all over the world for mere bits. Killing for them, almost dying for them! But really... it ain’t about the damn bits. I go because I enjoy it! I fight for money cuz fighting for fun is just too horrible to admit. Die for some gold, kill for some silver... sign me up! I am a scum of the earth and this is a perfect place for me. I also have a gift for you.

“A gift?”

Yes. Aside from my sins, of course. You see, Tempest Shadow is a traitor to The Corruption. I saw her with my own eyes consorting with Princess Luna who wishes to use her as a double agent.

“This information pleases us. We have also learned from another ally that some of those who Blueblood brought into our fold are also agents of The Princess. We shall deal with them later. For now, we want you to return to The Empire and report to us all of their plans.”

Yes, Lord Ocram.

“Blueblood.”

“Yes, my lord?”

“Take her back to The Empire with you.”

“Very well. Come with me, newbie.”

-END OF FLASHBACK-


“I can’t believe how much has happened ever since you brought me into the fold.” Tzana comments after she recalls those past events.

“And thou hath proved to be an invaluable ally, dearest Journey Joy. Now then, doth thou hath anything else to reveal?” Luna inquires.

“Yes, Princess, and what you feared has come to pass. I was so close to getting Tirek to spill the beans. It’s a good thing that Tempest, Grubber, you, and I did this because there is indeed a hidden ally to The Corruption.”

“Then we must continue to play our parts until this hidden foe among us reveals thyself. Be safe until then, Tzana. We hath much left to do.”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay, this chapter was a big one. Now then, what say we all see how our cast on Terraria are doing, shall we? :pinkiehappy:

PreviousChapters Next