• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,640 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,640

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 108 - Call Of The Slime Gods.

-TERRARIA, THE DUNGEON-

Shock and awe was currently present upon the faces of everyone present all while Loganic continues to look at them with a condescending smirk.

“You foul brute! You deceived us!” Rarity roars out as she stares daggers towards Loganic.

Steven then comes to yet another realization as he comments:

“Let me guess, your so-called ‘friend’ doesn’t even exist?!”

“I’ve got to give you credit for my start, old man. You’re a perceptive one and you’re right, I don’t have any friends amongst you mortals. I suppose I should have also taken you out of the picture like I did to Tempest.”

“That was your doing?!” Starlight exclaims.

“Well, duh! Rogue types like her were always an intelligent bunch. I would’ve been exposed by her if I were to let her be, not like it would’ve mattered.” Loganic responds.

“Enough with your games!” Shadow Thunder shouts. “Tell us who you really are, demon!”

“Demon? Well, I can see how you’d perceive me as such.” Loganic then starts to laugh as a multicolored aura starts to consume his very being. Much like what had happened with Tempest, Loganic’s form started to elongate within the aura and soon enough, the aura dissipates which results in a large serpentine-like entity whose body was long enough to curl around the entire chamber. Various gems were adorned upon the entity and were it not for the fact that this being was currently their opponent, Rarity would have been drawn to their beauty.

Towering over the group like a snake ready to lunge itself at its prey, the entity chuckles once more before saying:

“I am: Greed, a god from the Time Of The Ancients. And by that right, your asses belong to me.”

Everyone present takes on a combative stance which causes Greed to laugh in response as his serpentine head was thrown back in a fit of laughter.

“What are you lot doing? Do you really think you can fight a god? I am beyond your strength, mortals.” Greed antagonizes.

“Why are you doing this?!” Fluttershy inquires in exclamation which catches Greed’s attention. “Why do you have to be this way? Shouldn’t gods want to protect mortals like us? To protect the-”

“And here we go again,” Greed interjects with disgust. “I can’t physically throw up in my mouth, but good grief, that line always makes me want to puke,” In one swift motion and a thrust from his serpentine form, Greed’s face was now mere inches away from the shy pegasus. “You silly little mortals and your stupid habit of applying your own perception upon beings who are beyond your understanding. Here’s a hint: Not all gods are what you’d call ‘nice’. I’m the embodiment of greed! I take whatever I want! I drink your milkshakes and I don’t give a fuck!”

Suddenly, both of Fluttershy’s miniature slime god companions were now starting to enlarge themselves all while a powerful red and purple aura surrounds the aforementioned entities.

“You will not harm our beloved core, Greed!” Crimulan roars out.

“Go back to your little hole, worm!” Ebonian exclaims as the two Slime Gods prepare for battle.

“And there you are, my little Slime Gods. Now then, since we all got to know each other, you’re both coming with me,” Greed then turns his gaze towards Fluttershy. “That includes you too, of course.”

“Goddess Fluttershy,” Crimulan comments. “You and your allies must retreat, this is not a fight that any of you are prepared for.”

“B-but, I can’t just-”

“You are not leaving us behind, beloved core,” Ebonian says in a soothing voice as the entity puts a tendril onto the shy pegasus’s head, patting her in a loving gesture. “We do this because we want to. We want you to live on, think of us as parents who wish to see their child continue to live. You are our core and possess our authority, and our might. Please continue to lead the slimes to further glory in our absence.”

“Eugh! Gag me, sentimental bullshit.” Greed comments as he places the tip of his tail near his mouth, in a gagging gesture.

“No!” Fluttershy roars out towards The Slime Gods with tears starting to form in her eyes. “I will not leave you two behind! Please, don’t make me do this! I c-can’t… let… you…” The shy mare’s words were slowly starting to die down as a light purple aura surrounds the yellow pegasus’s form. She then falls unconscious but is caught by that same aura, which gently places her onto The Dungeon’s floor.

Aside from The Slime Gods and Greed, everyone turns towards the source of the magical aura: Starlight Glimmer.

“The Slime Gods are right, everyone,” Starlight comments with a determined expression. “We need to escape while we still can.”

“Are you kidding me?!” Katelyn The Mechanic exclaims in response. “You mean we came all the way down here just to be run off by something that claims to be a god?!”

“No, Starlight is right,” Shadow Thunder responds. “We can’t fight this thing and trust me when I say that it’s not joking about being a god.”

“How could you possibly know that?!” Katelyn roars out in response. As this goes on, both The Slime Gods and Greed are moments away from combating each other.

“I know because of all the time I spent with Harmony! The Empress Of Light!” Shadow Thunder exclaims in response. “I could always sense her power that she keeps locked up inside,” The dark pegasus then turns his gaze towards Greed. “And what I’m sensing from him, nearly rivals her strength.”

Everyone was simply shocked by this revelation as Katelyn’s eyes were widened in horrific realization. Steven in particular then sighs in defeat as he comments:

“He’s right, everyone. This isn’t like our battle with Skeletron, we actually had a chance at defeating him,” Steven then turns his gaze towards the battle that was now seconds away from commencing. “The Slime Gods understands the situation. They are willing to sacrifice themselves in order to allow us to escape... we do not stand a chance against him.”

……….

“Let’s get dangerous!” Greed roars out as the entity lunges forth in order to bite down upon Crimulan. The slime entity manages to dodge in time only for Ebonian to follow up with a counterattack by body slamming into Greed’s head which manages to push him back, but only slightly.

“You know, for something made of a gelatinous form, it’s amazing how you two can do physical attacks at all. Then again, we’re all gods here,” Greed comments as the entity prepares to bat away Ebonian with his tail. “Let me show you real physical might! Batter up!”

[WHOOM]

[CRASH]

“Graugh!” Ebonian cries out as the slime entity is batted away by the powerful force of Greed’s tail, sending the slime god hurling into a nearby wall of the large chamber. In retaliation, Crimulan leaps forth with all the slime god’s might as the red slime entity lands yet another body slam against the serpentine entity’s head. However, Greed simply laughs as he says:

“Predictable,” The God Of Greed then prepares to slam his head against the slime entity in retaliation before he comments: “Show me something new, slime god!”

[WHAM]

Crimulan lets out a deafening roar as the slime entity is sent hurling backwards from Greed’s attack.

“Come on, is this the best that The Slime Gods can do? Body slamming yourselves against me? Seriously?” Suddenly, a large gathering of powerful energy starts to form inside of Greed’s mouth. However, a powerful purple blast connects with the serpent’s head which causes it to rapidly fly sideways forcefully, which also causes the energy Greed was gathering to dissipate.

Ebonian is revealed to be the source of the blast as the slime entity recovers from Greed’s earlier attack and saves Crimulan by its intervention. Now, both slime entities stand side by side as Greed recovers from Ebonian’s attack.

“Good to see that you two are changing things up a bit. It’ll make capturing you all the more satisfying! Oh, and when I’m done with you,” Greed comments as he turns his gaze towards the unconscious Fluttershy. “I’m going to enjoy gobbling up your precious core over there.” The serpent then licks its lips in anticipation.

“Please, you all must take Fluttershy and go!” Crimulan roars out as both the red slime entity and Ebonian starts to gather a powerful red and purple aura around them. Then, in tandem with each other, they unleash a combined energy blast of red and purple coloration.

Greed braces himself for the blast as the serpentine entity rears up in response and says:

“This is meaningless! No matter what you do, I will capture your core!”

[SHWOOM]

The combined blast of crimulan and Ebonian finally makes contact with Greed as they manage to slowly force the serpent backwards. However, he simply laughs as he takes the full force of their blast; to which he mocks:

“Go on! Give it your all because once you tire yourselves, you’re mine!”

“Leave us! Take Fluttershy and be gone from this place! We will keep Greed at bay for as long as we can!” Ebonian exclaims as the slime entity’s words are aimed towards the group, all of whom were frozen in shock as they were entranced by this battle of gods. Steven is the first to snap out of it as he shouts:

“Rarity! Get that mirror of yours out and take us back to the entrance!” The unicorn then snaps out of her shocked state as she nods her head in response and conjures forth The Ice Mirror.

“Right then, darlings. Let us be off!” She then turns towards The Slime Gods and says: “Both of you are absolutely beautiful creatures, darlings. Thank you for everything you’ve done for Fluttershy.” Activating the mirror, Rarity wisps them all away in a beam of light mixed with ice; leaving behind only The Slime Gods, who in turn are relentlessly unleashing their blast against Greed.

“You think they can escape me?! Once I’ve captured you, Slime Gods, I will hunt down your core to the ends of Terraria!”

“No! You will not!” The Slime Gods roar out in unison. “Now that the others are safely away from us, we shall make good on our promise and keep you here!” Suddenly, the blast that was unleashed from The Slime Gods dissipates which in turn stops Greed from being pushed backwards.

“Are you two done yet? Did you let it all out of your systems?” Greed inquires in a mocking fashion as the serpent then prepares to lunge itself forward. “In that case, it’s time to claim what’s rightfully mine!” Greed then starts to slither towards the slime duo as he bears his teeth in anticipation.

The world slows down for the slime entities, all while Greed continues to slither towards them, as they surround themselves in a powerful red and purple aura. Then, the two slime entities starts to hover in the air as the say in unison:

“We know that you are more powerful than us, God Of Greed. However, we will keep you here until our core and her friends become strong enough to destroy you!”

Greed was now mere moments away from biting into the slime duo. However, he was suddenly repelled by the aura that was emanating from The Slime Gods, which caused him to form an inquisitive expression.

“What is happening?! What are you two doing?!” Greed demanded.

“We Slime Gods shall use all of our kind’s power to keep you trapped here! This dungeon shall be a fitting place to cage you!”

“Cage me?! You clearly jest, Slime God-” Suddenly, Greed’s words were cut off and his eyes were widened in realization as he says internally:

-Wait, how is this possible?! Whatever they’re doing, it’s getting stronger by the second!-

Then, Greed finally realizes what was happening as he sees a multicolored stream of energy being channeled into The Slime Gods, phasing down through the roof of the large chamber their battle was taking place in. He then recalls what the slime deities had said mere moments before performing their current action.

We Slime Gods shall use all of our kind’s power to keep you trapped here!

“No… you’re channeling power from slimes?!” Greed roars out in disbelief.

“Yes, God Of Greed. We are calling forth the power of our children, from across the entire world!”


-THE ENTIRE WORLD OF TERRARIA-

Every single landscape and kingdom bared witness to the near endless numbers of energy that were traveling through the skies. Slimes from across the planet were channeling their aura towards the two beings who were, by all rights, their parents. Their creators: Crimulan and Ebonian.

……….

Unknown Jungle Biome:

“Queen 626!” A hornet exclaims as the entity flies into a large honeycombed chamber.

“Report, my child.” 626 responds as the large Queen Bee turns her gaze away from tending to her young.

“Great mother, there is a mysterious phenomenon taking place outside of the hive. A rainbow colored stream of energy is traveling towards the north.”

Queen 626 ponders on this for a moment before saying:

“I shall step outside at once to see this for myself. Make sure that all of my children are safe within the hive and have my warriors ready for anything.”

“Yes, my Queen.” The hornet responds as they lower themselves towards the honeycomb flooring.

Queen 626 was now mere moments away from exiting her hive all while many of her warriors and children followed her from behind. Upon exiting the honeycomb structure, their eyes immediately were drawn towards the phenomenon as Queen 626 says:

“I remember this power, it’s from that yellow pony.”

……….

NEXUS:

“Snow! You’ve got to come topside and see this! Crystal, Scott, and Robin are already up there!” A guard exclaims from outside Snow’s house as he catches the attention of the leopard/wolf hybrid.

“This had better be good. I’m in the middle of trying to see if I can get more out of Dr Draedon’s log.” Snow replies as he gets up from his seat and follows the guard, closing the door to the house behind him with his tail.

From what Snow could tell, many of the people of NEXUS were making their way towards the surface as they were all wanting to see the grand phenomenon that was taking place. A large cave played as the entrance to their underground sanctuary as Snow followed his fellow denizens of NEXUS to the outside world.

Finally reaching the surface, Snow spots his two friends and lover standing side by side as they stare off into the sunny skies. The werebeast hybrid was about to question them, that is until he too saw the beautiful display of rainbow like energy that was dancing through the skies.

……….

Surface level, Above Yharim’s Kingdom:

Sat upon the back of his faithful dragon, Yharon, Yharim watches the phenomenon take place as The Jungle Tyrant immediately recognizes this event.

“It’s been a long time since The Slime Gods enacted this action.” Yharim comments.

“What shall we do, my master?” Yharon inquires.

“Let’s just watch the light show, Yharon. It’s a nice distraction from the calamity that shall soon ensue at the capital. Speaking of which, Pinkamena should be on her way to meet up with Calamitas.”

……….

Camelot:

“Look at that!”

“What’s going on?!”

“Look mommy, it’s a rainbow!”

“Whoa, I’m sensing a lot of magical energy coming from that!”

“Someone get Princess Cadence, she’s going to want to see this!”

Among the many bystanders who witnessed the event, a certain dark pink pony was looking up towards the sky as she says:

“I recognize this power, it’s what Fluttershy used in The Crimson.”

……….

The Desert Biome, outside of The Pyramid:

King Amidias’s people were currently entranced by the grand event that was taking place high above the scorching desert. Due to The King, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Sai Sahan, Terralestia, Tanner The Guide and Jeremy The Angler still being inside of The Pyramid, they would sadly miss this event but Amidias’s people would have quite the story to tell when they eventually exit the ancient structure.

……….

The Jungle Biome, Zecora’s Home:

Zecora and Gex were currently looking out of the window of the zebra’s home with shocked expressions as the duo then turned towards each other.

“It would seem that our friends have called upon the aid of The Slime Gods.” Gex comments.

“This is most worrisome to me, perhaps we should go to Home Town and check on their well being.”

……….

Home Town:

Everyone who was left in Home Town was gazing up towards the sky in wonder. However, this soon turned into concern once they realized where the energy was headed: The Dungeon.

“You think everyone’s going to be okay?” Ritsu The Zoologist inquires.

“I’m worried about them. But, I also know that they can handle themselves.” Helena The Nurse responds.

“Judging by that aura, I’d say that The Slime Gods are involved.” Ceeman The Arms Dealer comments.

……….

The Dungeon Entrance:

Pinkie Pie, Candy The Party Girl and Magius The Wizard, all while Tempest still remained unconscious, were currently in absolute disbelief as they watch this mysterious surge of multicolored energy literally phase itself into the floor of The Dungeon.

“Ooooh, Rainbow Dash’s sonic-rainboom is nowhere near as incredible as this!” Pinkie Pie comments enthusiastically.

“I kind of want to eat a bag of skittles now…” Candy comments with drool starting to form on the edge of her mouth.

“I’m worried for our friends down below. Perhaps I should teleport-” Suddenly, Magius’s words were cut off as a beam of light mixed with ice forms in front of them as everyone from within The Dungeon appears moments after.

Before Magius could say anything, Rarity is quick to interject as she says:

“Grab Tempest and let’s get out of here, darlings!”


“You will not hold me forever! Do you hear me?!” greed roars out in defiance.

“By the call of The Slime Gods, we call to you all, our children who have grown before our eyes, our beloved creations who's spread far and wide, hear the call of Crimulan and Ebonian, we cast this binding spell upon thee, now be shackled to The Dungeon, God Of Greed!”

“Nooooooo! I will escape from this place one day and when I do, forget about adding you all to my hoard, I’ll rip your core to pieces!”

Greed’s words were simply ignored by the slime deities as they enacted their powerful spell and practically enlightened the entire depths of The Dungeon in a bright series of multicolored lighting. In a sort of pulse, a powerful rainbow colored barrier starts to erect itself completely around The Dungeon, starting from the large chamber that the duo were currently positioned in, along with Greed.

If one were to observe this phenomenon, The Dungeon was now covered in a large rainbow colored dome, almost as if a rainbow colored slime has eaten The Dungeon and sealed it away within its gelatinous form.

Author's Note:

Character inventory/equipment:

Fluttershy: Statigel Armor(pony, equipped), Overloaded Blaster, Eviscerator, Crimslime Staff, Corroslime Staff, Slime Staff, Finch Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Hornet Staff, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Honey Comb(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Staff Of Necrosteocytes, Purified Jam.

Rainbow Dash: Necro Armor(pony, equipped), Star Cannon, Minishark, Eviscerator, Aquatic Discharge, Bloody Rupture, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Victory Shard, Slime Mount.

Zecora: Crimson Armor(zebra, equipped), Dune Hopper, Sausage Maker, Beenade, Tooth Ball, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Various Potions, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Sand Cloak(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bloodstained Gloves(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Skeletron Hand.

Starlight Glimmer: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Starfury, Vein Burster, Purple Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Healing Potion, Victory Shard, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand.

Rarity: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Hornet Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Ice Mirror, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand, Staff Of Necrosteocytes.

Applejack: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Orange Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Rope, Metal Detector, Healing Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Bone Glove, Skeletron Hand.

Twilight Sparkle: Meteorite Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Book Of Skulls, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Ichor, Victory Shards, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount.

Pinkie Pie: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Blue Phaseblade, Bloody Rupture x2, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Metal Detector, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, The Blood Butcherer, Skeletron Hand.

PreviousChapters Next