• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,634 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,634

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 98 - The Bandit's Gambit.

-TERRARIA, HOME TOWN-

Everyone was preparing to take their leave as various individuals started to break up into their appointed groups all while wearing determined expressions. Everyone present had a job to do and all to prepare them for the coming challenges.

Rarity and Steven The Clothier were currently gathering their effects in preparation for The Dungeon. However, during this time a certain individual calls out and walks towards them which instantly raises the hairs on both of their bodies: Tanner The Guide.

“Yo! Rarity, Steven, you got a sec?”

The two fashionistas tried their best to hide their discomfort before they then turned towards Tanner and waved at him with fake smiles.

“Hello there, da- I mean, Tanner. What brings you here?” Rarity questions with a small hint of nervousness. Matching her expression and tone, Steven also comments:

“Hello there, Tanner. Pleasant day we’re having, am I right?”

Tanner raises a brow before he tilts his head and questions:

“You guys ok? You seem to be bothered by something. Do you want me to call The Nurse?”

If Steven and Rarity weren’t sweating nervously already, they certainly were now. Standing before them was the being that only they themselves knew was a traitor among them. By Steven’s request, the duo has yet to inform the others due to the fact that they needed to play their cards carefully and slowly but surely inform the others. They shuddered to think about what would happen if they made one wrong move especially since The Clothier was all too aware of Tanner’s allegiance to Legion, The Wall Of Flesh. Whether or not Tanner was aware of Steven overhearing his conversation with Skeletron some time ago was currently unknown to the fashionista. Steven regains his composure as one thing manages to snap him back to reality: He needs to play the part, he needs to protect his new found friends. Especially, Rarity.

The unicorn mare was about to say something before The Clothier interjects and says:

“We’re fine, Tanner. I was just telling Rarity about how grateful I am to you all. Well, that and I’m still recovering from my time as that monster’s host. Believe it or not, Rarity here is practically a psychiatrist.”

Catching on to his ploy, Rarity takes on a happier expression and replies:

“Ohoho, stop it. You’re too kind, darling.”

“Heh, that sounds about right and no thanks are needed, Steven. We’re all in this together!” Tanner exclaims enthusiastically which honestly caused both Steven and Rarity to bite their own tongues. Sucking up his inner turmoil, Steven raises his left arm in celebration as he tries to match Tanner’s enthusiasm and says:

“Y-yeah, all together! A-as one!”

“Of course, darling. I mean, trust is all too important in our little community. I’m just so glad that you helped us to get this far, Tanner.”

“No problem at all, Rarity,” Tanner responds as he then gives them both a thumbs up gesture before saying: “Welp, I’ve got to get going. I don’t want the others to leave me behind. I was just coming over to check up on all of you before I left.” The Guide then waves at them one last time before turning around. However, due to his face being turned away, the two fashionista’s failed to see the red aura that was momentarily flashing in Tanner’s eyes.

Coincidentally, Tanner himself failed to realize that two individuals took notice of his eye’s ‘Light show’: Tori and Tempest The Bandit.

Tempest was leaning against a tree as her eyes narrowed and focused on The Guide, who was passing by at a safe distance; completely oblivious to her presence.

-I knew something was off about you, Tanner. I felt it ever since-

“Tempest? Are you alright?” Magius The Wizard comments as he had unintentionally interrupted Tempest’s inner thoughts.

“What? Oh… sorry about that. I just had a lot on my mind.”

“Well, if you want to talk then I’m always here for you.”

“I know, pap- I mean, Magius.”

“Hah! I heard that!”

“Oh be quiet, old timer. Anyway, are you ready to go to The Dungeon?”

“Indeed. I honestly wasn’t expecting to go back there for quite some time but if it’s to help these people--and ponies--who saved us, then so be it.”

“Hello there, darlings,” Rarity interjects, to which both Tempest and Magius turn their gaze towards two approaching fashionistas. “Are you ready to go? Starlight, Shadow Thunder, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy are waiting for us on the other side of town.”

“Yeah, the old man and I are set,” Tempest replies before she looks off towards Tanner, who was currently conversing with Applejack and Rainbow Dash in the distance, as The Bandit then turns her gaze back towards the two fashionistas and says: “Thank you both.”

This of course catches both Rarity and Steven by complete surprise as The Clothier blinks twice and questions:

“For what?”

Tempest simply chuckles before a certain humanoid bird-like entity reveals themselves to which the two fashionistas, even The Wizard, says in unison:

“Tori?”

“You saw it too, didn’t you?” Tempest inquires to which Tori nods in response before The Bandit continues: “Heh, it’s a good thing I hired you to spy on Tanner for me. Great ninja of Torinago.”

“Spy on him?!” Rarity, Steven, and Magius exclaim in unison. Thanks to their distance, the group didn’t have to worry about any possible bystanders overhearing their current conversation.

Suddenly, Tori responds to them all but in a way that completely throws them off. The humanoid-bird imitates Tempest’s voice and comments:

“She asked me to keep an eye on Tanner, ever since they returned from The Meteor.”

Rarity, Steven, and Magius’s jaw drops from Tori’s actions before Rarity manages to recover and question:

“I’ve been curious, darling… what exactly is your gender? Also, why are you so... what's the word, silent, all the time?”

“Don’t bother,” Tempest The Bandit interjects. “Due to respecting their kind’s ways, I can’t reveal to you much about Tori. You must understand, secrecy is very important to them but just take comfort in the fact that my fellow rogue here is an ally to us. I ask that you all respect their wishes to remain seclusive. That includes trying to ask for Tori’s gender, Rarity.”

“Oh, dear me, I’m sorry If I ever intrude, Tori.” Rarity comments with a worried expression to which Tempest comments:

“Nah, don’t worry about it. If you were truly Tori’s enemy, you’d be dead.”

Rarity simply laughs nervously in response before saying:

“T-that’s, um, comforting... darling.”

“So, I assume we’re all on the same page about Tanner?” Steven interjects to which Tori and Tempest nod in agreement.

Rarity took a moment to look at the other groups in the distance only for her eyes to widen in shock as she could see yet another Tori who was currently with Twilight and the others, who in turn were about to head off to The Crimson. She then looks back to the Tori in front of her, back to the Tori with Twilight, then back to the one that was before her very eyes as she says in absolute bafflement:

“H-how are you here… and there?”

“Pretty cool, huh?” Tempest inquired with a chuckle. “It’s part of our plan.”

“Plan?” Rarity questions.

“The Tori who’s with us right now is going with your two friends over there, Rainbow Dash and Applejack. Without them even knowing, of course. And yes, no one but us can see this Tori.”

“Ok, wait a second... what exactly is your plan and what's going on here?”

Tempest looks to Tori with a questioning gaze to which the bird-like entity nods in response. The Bandit then takes a breath before saying:

“Let’s just say that the team Twilight chose to assist Tanner wasn’t an accident, so to speak. You see, Tori here ‘Incentivised’ your lavender friend to choose Applejack and Rainbow Dash to go with Celestia, Sai Sahan and of course, the traitor himself.”

“Wait a second,” Magius interjects with a hand to his chin. “I understand now. You see, Twilight has informed me during our magic lessons and lectures that your friend, Applejack, is the Element Of Honesty. She can detect lies and any attempts of deception so long as she herself remains vigilant.”

“But then, what about Rainbow Dash?” Rarity inquires.

“She is absolutely loyal so it’ll be nice to have someone like her with them. However, she’s also the fastest flyer in Home Town. Should Tanner try anything and if they manage to expose him while they’re away-”

Rarity suddenly gasps in realization upon hearing Tempest’s words as she interjects and says:

“Oh my word, Rainbow could warn everyone about Tanner’s foul intentions. She could fly to almost anywhere in no time at all with her speed, especially with a Sonic-Rainboom! That’s genius, darlings.”

“Exactly,” Tempest responds. “Since they won’t have an Ice Mirror like you do, this is the next best thing to get them some help in time. Plus, like I said earlier, Tori here will follow them and keep to the shadows.”

“So if I understand this correctly,” Steven The Clothier comments. “There are two Tori’s at the moment but no one else aside from us present knows about this second Tori. In essence, one will be monitoring Tanner and his group while the other will assist Twilight and her group within The Crimson? How is Tori even able to do that?”

“That’s exactly it,” Tempest replies with a wink. “Like I said, never underestimate one who hails from Torinago. And don’t bother trying to ask about it, I’m sworn to secrecy and should I betray my promise, I die.”

“What?!” Magius exclaims in both disbelief and worry all while Rarity and Steven observe with wide eyes.

“Pipe down, old timer. It’s something that none of you will understand completely; even if I was allowed to tell you.”

“Um, Tempest, dearie. Could I possibly ask you something?” Rarity questions.

“Shoot.” Tempest responds.

“Well, do you remember when we asked you about why you call yourself: The Bandit? Not to mention the story behind your missing arm. Could we talk about that sometime? My apologies if I sound rude, I’ve just been very curious about it.”

“I’d also like to know,” Magius The Wizard comments. “I stopped bringing it up ever since we escaped The Dungeon, not to mention that whole madness with Skeletron. However, you and I will speak about this, Tempest.”

The Bandit simply sighs in response. Not in irritation or even frustration, but in defeat as she then replies:

“Fine, but it’ll have to wait until after we’re done in The Dungeon.”


-TERRARIA, YHARIM’S KINGDOM-

“Well… this is awkward,” Snow comments as the leopard/wolf entity was currently surrounded by a small platoon of Yharim’s forces. Snow lowers himself to the floor and into a quadruped position as his claws scrape themselves against the temple floor. “So, who’s first?”

“Ooh! I call dibs!” A new voice responds which causes all of Yharim’s forces to turn back towards a terrarian. However, Snow knew instantly that this wasn’t just an ordinary terrarian, it was a werebeast. In addition, the individual towered over anyone else in the hallway; practically standing close to eight feet tall in full stature.

“Sir, we found one of the intruders. Dr Draedon’s drone spotted this one trying to tamper with some of the temple’s entrances.” A guard comments.

“Eugh! It’s one of those rogues… I hate rogues! You remind me of someone else. But, uh… what the fuck are you supposed to be? You look like a leopard and a wolf puked all over you.” The large entity comments with a pointed finger.

“The last thing you’ll ever see if you don’t get out of my way.” Snow antagonizes with a growl.”

“Do you have any idea who I am, pussycat? I am a force to be reckoned with! A werebeast whose might triumphs over all others!” Suddenly, the ‘Terrarian’s’ body starts to shift and morph as white fur starts to grow from his pale white skin. His pupils remained the same but his eyes were now a light blue coloration from their original white. A large hulking form now stands before Snow as the entity roars out:

“I am: The Storm King!”

…………..

“Never heard of ya, monkey boy.” Snow responds which causes The Storm King’s left eye to twitch before the werebeast snarls in anger and roars in fury; causing the entire hallway to shake in the process as even the guards were forced to cover their ears from The Storm King’s exclamation.

“I identify as a Yeti-Werebeast, I’ll have you know! You want to go, pussycat? Well I hope you’re ready to die! Let’s dooooo this!”

Author's Note:

Snow now joins the story as an OC. However, unlike the others, this arc is more or less his intro as he won't officially join the main cast until later.

Respective owner of Snow:

MichuruFan42: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/392587/MichiruFan42

Character inventory/equipment:

Fluttershy: Statigel Armor(pony, equipped), Overloaded Blaster, Eviscerator, Crimslime Staff, Corroslime Staff, Slime Staff, Finch Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Hornet Staff, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Honey Comb(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Staff Of Necrosteocytes, Purified Jam.

Rainbow Dash: Necro Armor(pony, equipped), Star Cannon, Minishark, Eviscerator, Aquatic Discharge, Bloody Rupture, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Victory Shard, Slime Mount.

Zecora: Crimson Armor(zebra, equipped), Dune Hopper, Sausage Maker, Beenade, Tooth Ball, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Various Potions, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Sand Cloak(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bloodstained Gloves(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Skeletron Hand.

Starlight Glimmer: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Starfury, Vein Burster, Purple Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Healing Potion, Victory Shard, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand.

Rarity: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Hornet Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Ice Mirror, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand, Staff Of Necrosteocytes.

Applejack: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Orange Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Rope, Metal Detector, Healing Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Bone Glove, Skeletron Hand.

Twilight Sparkle: Meteorite Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Book Of Skulls, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Ichor, Victory Shards, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount.

Pinkie Pie: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Blue Phaseblade, Bloody Rupture x2, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Metal Detector, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, The Blood Butcherer, Skeletron Hand.

PreviousChapters Next