• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,619 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,619

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 44 - Melony.

-TERRARIA, UNDERGROUND SNOW BIOME-

Ritsu’s eyes shot wide open at the mention of that name as she turns to Fluttershy and asks:

“Did... Did you just say, Discord?”

“Oh, um, yes... Why?”

“...”

“Is something wrong Ritsu?, you look shocked. Did Discord, um, do something wrong-”

“Something wrong?!, no, no, something very right!. Fluttershy... Why didn’t you tell me you were friends with the hero of my people?!.”

“Oh my gosh, Discord’s a hero to your kind?”

“You bet your flank he is!. Although, he did admit that saving us wasn’t his intention.”, Ritsu replies as she laughs nervously.

[SIGH] That sounds like Discord. So, did he visit this realm and save you while he was here?”

“Visit?, didn’t Lord Disidian tell you?... He was born here.”

“D-Disidian?!, Discord’s name is Disidian?!. B-born here?!”

“It’s one of his aliases. He used Disidian when he saved us but we do know of that name too. Yes Fluttershy, this world is his birthplace.”

Fluttershy’s eyes shot wide open and her mouth hung agape upon hearing this shocking revelation. However, she suddenly thought back to what Discord told her before she and the other ponies were sucked into the portal and came to this world. Applejack and Pinkie Pie are still playing I Spy, although, the cowmare is feeling regretful.


-FLASHBACK-

“Discord, you have to let me go.”

“No Fluttershy, the realm beyond that portal is far more dangerous than Equus. I should know, I went there once!”

“That’s exactly why I must go with my friends Discord, they need me.”

“Please dear Fluttershy, you are the only true friend I ever had... Please don’t leave me...”

“I’m not leaving you Discord, I’m trusting you to help everypony here. You have to help them stop The Corruption.”

“I... I... No!, you and I can help everypony stop it together we-”

Discords words were cut off by Fluttershy’s next action, this surprises him so much that it causes him to let the pegasus mare go.

“Good bye, Discord.”

-END OF FLASHBACK-


“He told me that he came here once, but, if he was born here...”

“He must’ve lied about his origins to protect you, you must be very important to him.”

Fluttershy suddenly blushes as she recalls her actions with The Lord Of Chaos. Ritsu sees this and a smirk starts to form on her face as she says:

“Oooh~, did you and Lord Disidian, hook up?”, Ritsu says as she winks her eyes suggestively.

“N-no!, um, I mean, we... We just... kissed.”

“You know I heard that, right?”, The kitsune teases as she points to her ears. “Don’t worry, my lips are sealed. I assume you haven’t told those two yet?”, Ritsu asks as she motions towards Applejack and Pinkie Pie, both of whom are still playing I Spy.

[SIGH] No, I haven’t told anypony about it yet. I’m scared of how they’ll react...”

“You’re kidding me, right?”, Ritsu replies with a raised eyebrow. “Fluttershy, I’m sorry, but that is the dumbest excuse I’ve ever heard.”, Fluttershy was about to respond however the kitsune beats her to the punch and says: “But, that’s for you to decide. I won’t press it any further, when you feel comfortable you just need to tell them, simple as that.”

“Thank you, Ritsu. I, um, really appreciate it. So, what did Discord save you all from?”, Fluttershy’s inquiry causes Ritsu to momentarily flinch as the kitsune then takes a deep breath and sighs heavily.

“It’s not something many of my kind likes to talk about. However, I trust you and the others with my life so here it is: Many years ago, before Lord Disidian vanished from this world forever, we kitsune’s were forced into servitude by a terrible chaotic being. A monster who fed on the chaotic energies of this world, quite similar to Lord Disidian.”

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry... W-what was t-this being’s name?”

[SIGH] If Disidian is considered the God Of Chaos, then she would be its Goddess. Her name is: Cosmos, The Goddess Of Chaos and The Kitsune Tyrant.


-DISCORD’S POCKET DIMENSION/INVENTORY-

The Lord Of Chaos was currently taking a nice bubble bath, accompanied by a floating rubber duckie, as a cold shiver suddenly goes down his spine causing him to say:

“Oh boy... I sense a disturbance in the force... Someone’s talking about something that should never be mentioned, hmmm.”, Discord says as he strokes his beard with his lion’s paw. The Draconequus then turns to the rubber duck and says: “Howard, what do you think?”

“...”

[SNAP]

“I think you’re the most handsome being ever and everyone goes crazy for you. Your overwhelming good looks even managed to catch the attention of Fluttershy.”

“Oooh, you’re right about that. [SIGH] I miss dear Fluttershy... I wonder if she’s talking about me right now?. If only I had known about her affection towards me sooner... She’d be safe here with me instead of being in that world.”

“I’m sure your handsome good looks can bring her back from that other world.”

“Ok, now you’re just brown-nosing. Tata for now, Howard.”

[SNAP]

“Alright then, once I’ve finished my bath I can get back to trying to enter that realm. Maybe I should check in on Lulu to see how she’s doing with that new ore they’re using.”

The Draconequus then starts to sing as he continues to take his bath, this time, without the company of the rubber duck.


-TERRARIA, UNDERGROUND SNOW BIOME-

“I spy, with my little eye, something... White!”

“Is it snow, Pinkie?”

“Oh my gosh!, you got it again Applejack!. You’re really good at this game!”

“Yeah sugarcube... I’ve got lots of hints laying around.”

Ritsu, Fluttershy, and Princess Pinkie giggles amongst themselves as they bare witness to the farm mare and the party pony’s game of: I Spy.

“Is... Is she always like this?, I mean no disrespect of course. Seriously, ever since The Jungle I could never really get a fix on her.”, Ritsu question’s.

“Oh, it’s ok. It’s just Pinkie Pie but don’t let it bother you too much, she’s really sweet.”

”I agree with the goddess, I like Pinkie Pie a lot. Maybe I should join them in their-”

“Wait!”, Ritsu suddenly exclaims which cuts off the slime princess’s words and catches the attention of everyone present.

“What is it, Ritsu?”

“Don’t you hear that?, flicker your ears about Applejack. The same thing goes to all of you ponies.”, Ritsu replies as she continues to listen determinedly. The ponies all heed the kitsune’s words as they begin to adjust their ears in various directions, all the while, dead silence takes over.

“Oh wait!, I hear it!”, Pinkie Pie exclaims.

“Ah’ do too... It sounds like, a little filly is... Crying?”

“Oh dear, you’re right Applejack. I can hear it too...”, Fluttershy replies.

“Come on everyone!, I’m picking up a scent in the same direction of the crying!”, Ritsu exclaims as she follows her nose and picks up her pace, assumedly following the scent trail. Upon hearing the Kitsune’s proclamation, everyone else present nods agreeably as they then follow Ritsu’s lead.

After tracking down the source of the unknown scent, and drawing near said source, Ritsu could hear the crying getting louder. The ponies could also pick up the sounds and even princess Pinkie was starting to hear it as it was now loud enough for even those without sharp ears to comprehend.

“Hello?!, are you ok little one?!”, Ritsu calls out.

“H-help me, please!. I’m so scared, mommy and daddy left me behind to fight off those monsters!”, The unknown child calls out which, judging by the voice, was revealed to be a young girl.”

“We’re coming youngster!”, Applejack calls out as she then turns to Pinkie Pie and says: “Pinkie!, if you’ve got somethin’ random to get to her faster, now’s the time to do it!.”

“Okie dokie!”, Pinkie Pie replies as she then zooms off in a pink blur. Ritsu sees this and says:

“Ok, seriously... Does she decide when to be that fast?. It’s like she has Boots Of Hermes equipped but doesn’t use them. That, or they’re enchanted to be random.”

“Ah’ wouldn’t try to figure her out Ritsu, Twilight already goes crazy doing that. Just go with it, trust me.” - Applejack.

[CHUCKLE] I’ve been trying to just accept it but even by Terraria’s standards, that’s just random.”, Ritsu replies as they all continue to make their way towards the young girl.


Pinkie Pie zooms around the icy caverns as she closes in on the little girl whose cries were becoming ever closer in the process. The little girl calls out again as she exclaims:

[SNIFF] Are you all still there?!, please, I’m all alone and I-”

[ZOOM]

“Hi there, I’m Pinkie Pie!, what’s your name?!”

[SNIFF] I’m Melony, you’re... You’re a cute little pony.

“Ooooh, Melony, that’s a nice name!. Sounds delicious too, oh!, do you like melon cake?!. Wait, does melon cake exist here... Hmm... Oh well, I’ll find a way to make some later. By the way, here’s a towel to cover yourself with.”, Pinkie Pie says as she pulls the aforementioned towel out of her mane.

“Pinkie!, did you find her?!”, Pinkie’s ears perks up as she hears these words causing her to shout:

“Over here Applejack, I found her!”

Finally, after being guided by Pinkie Pie, the rest of the group manages to join in upon which they instantly spot the young girl. She was wrapped in the towel given to her by the party pony which causes Applejack and Fluttershy to say:

“Oh my goodness, are you ok?” - Fluttershy.

“Good job, Pinkie Pie!. Now looky here youngster, we’re gonna get you out’ta here, ya’ hear me?” - Applejack.

As the trio of ponies continues to tend to the little girl both Ritsu and Princess Pinkie, who had hopped off of Fluttershy’s back, observed the scene from a short distance. The slime Princess hops onto the kitsune’s shoulder as she says:

”Ritsu... I don’t like this...”

“I hear you, Princess. This scent... I didn’t realize it before but now that we’re closer... It smells like-”, Ritsu’s eyes opens wide with realization as she growls in anger and roars:

[RAWWWWWRRRRRR]

[GRRRR] Get away from my packmates!.”, Ritsu threatens as her nails starts to grow out during her anger and her fangs on full display. “Now!”, she barks out.

“Ritsu!, how could you?!. She’s just a-”

“No Fluttershy!, I smell it on her... She smells of blood and it isn’t hers!”

“Ehehehehehe... What a smart little kitsune you are...”, Melony says as her features narrows menacingly accompanied by a sly smirk forming onto her current expression.

The ponies all froze in horror, eyes shot wide open, as they could suddenly feel an evil aura. To make matters worse, Melony was positioned right behind all three of them. “I’m looking forward to seeing what a pony tastes like. Freeze!.”, Upon saying those words, all three of the ponies are frozen solid in a block of ice as Melony’s eyes begins to glow with a blue aura.

“You let them go!, right now!”

“Oh come now little fox, be real, when has that line ever worked?.”, Suddenly, Melony materializes a certain artifact into being and raises it high into the air. Ritsu’s eyes widens in realization and says:

“That’s... The Ice Mirror!”

“Right again fox girl, awww, if only these ponies were as sharp as you are. Now then, I’ll need to get these here frozen treats back home. Wouldn’t want them to melt before I get there, right?”

“Noooooo!”
”Goddess Fluttershy!”

Ritsu and Princess Pinkie shouts in unison as they lunge forth in an effort to stop Melony from teleporting away.

[SHIM]

[CRASH]

Unfortunately, the kitsune falls onto the frozen floor causing some of the ice to shatter on impact. She wasn’t fast enough as Melony manages to disappear in a beam of light mixed with ice, taking the ponies with her in the process.

[SLAM]

[SLAM]

[SLAM]

“Damnit all!, I had one job!.”, Ritsu exclaims as she slams both of her fist into the iced cavern. “You stupid, stupid, stupid kitsune!. All you had to do was to protect them, all you had to do was be fast enough to catch that monster!”

”Ritsu.”

“But no, you foolishly let your guard down and it cost you your packmates!”

”Ritsu!”

“They were the only ones who’ve ever accepted me for who and what I am, how did I repay them?, I failed to save them and now they’re going to-”

”RITSU!”

“What!. Is It!. Pinkie?!.”

”Slime Staff... Fluttershy has the Slime Staff. I can lead us to wherever that monster has taken our friends.”

Upon hearing Princess Pinkie’s words, Ritsu’s ears perks up and her angered expression slowly starts to disappear as realization dawns on her. The kitsune turns her gaze towards the Slime Princess and says:

“O... Oh.”


-TERRARIA, DUNGEON-

Steven was currently making his way towards the cells which contains those who were captured by Skeletron. Along the way, the fashionista couldn’t help but to wonder about a certain event from his past. Seven years into his past, to be precise. He stops and leans against a nearby wall as he says:

“Can you hear me?, you sickening, skeletal, abomination.”

”That’s a stupid question, Steven. I’m always listening even when I don’t want to... Especially when you get all lovey dovey around those ponies. I can’t wait to rip them away from-”

“You will never hurt them!, any of them!. No one will suffer from your tyranny ever again!, not as long as I live!. I promised you seven years ago and I’m telling you now!”

”About that Steven, why bother going on?. I keep you alive just so I don’t die due to your many weaknesses, you’re welcome by the way. However, I always wondered why you don’t just... Oh I don’t know, kill yourself?”

“Heh... You’d like that, wouldn’t you?”

”More than you’d ever know, Steven, even if it does result in my destruction. But, seriously, why carry on?. You do realize that both of our lives are bound together?, in fact, you have it better than I do. If you die, I die, but If I die, you get to live. Whatever’s left of your sad life that is.”

“You said it yourself, bone head. ‘If you die’, which is why...”

”Hmm?, oh... Oh!, do you actually believe what that stupid group of ponies told you?. Do you have any idea how pathetic this plan of yours is?, you’re relying on ponies to defeat me, ponies!. It’d be funny if it weren’t so pathetic... Meh, I’ll laugh anyway.”, Skeletron begins to laugh hysterically which causes Steven to grit his teeth and shout out in anger:

“What is so funny?!, do you not realize that I have you trapped?!. The great and powerful Skeletron, forever bound to a mere old man... What about any of this is so funny to you?!”, Skeletron simply continues to laugh hysterically. “If anything, I’m the one who should be laughing here. I have you exactly where I want you, even when you take over my body at night you are still bound to this place. So why are you-”

”You really don’t get it, do you?. It’s funny, your determination to see me dead and to live on is exactly what will be your undoing. But, it’s exactly what I need.”

“What do you mean by that?”

”All I’m saying, Steven, is that your trust in these ponies... Will be my salvation.”

“What madness are you spouting?, what could you-”, Suddenly, Steven’s eyes widen in realization as he finally comprehends Skeletron’s meaning. “You... You wanted this...”

”Go on Steven, don’t be shy, tell me what you’ve realized. I want to see how stupid you just realized yourself to be.”

“Everyone you have imprisoned in those cells... Rarity... It wasn’t you just trying to torture me, you wanted to capture them. You chose people who you thought would attract other adventurers to seek them out.”

”Ding, ding, ding, Steven. That pony is quite the bait, she has quite the number of friends who wants to come and save her. They even want to save, you. Now, here’s the question Steven, how could they possibly do that?. How can they free you from me?, here’s a hint: We just talked about it.”

“They’d... Have to face you...”

”Mhmm, and you’re delivering them to me on a silver platter. They’ll retrieve that Ice Mirror, you’ll give it to Rarity, she’ll escape and will convince her friends to come back and save you. For all your planning, all of your attempts at keeping me contained, it will all be pointless. I ask you, Steven: How badly do you want to live?. Will you take your own life, killing me alongside you?, or, will you keep your faith in these ponies and hope that they will be strong enough to destroy me?. When they bring that mirror back here... I want you to think about it, carefully.”

“Wh-why are you telling me this?, if this is your plan why are you revealing this to me?. This doesn’t make any sense!.”

“...”

“Well?, say something damnit!”

“...”

Skeletron’s silence makes Steven grit his teeth in anger to which the fashionista then moves away from the wall he’s been leaning against and punches it with all of his might, resulting in a bloodied fist. The skeletal entity’s words were metaphorically trapped within The Clothier’s mind as he says:

“I don’t know what to do... I’m trapped... If I allow Rarity to have The Ice Mirror, that plays into Skeletron’s hands. If I don’t give her the mirror, her friends will go on a suicide mission trying to breach the entrance or they’ll come here at night to face him. I could kill myself... But In doing so I’d be dooming Rarity, she needs that mirror in order to escape and only I can give it to her... But If I do give it to her...”

”RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!”, Steven shouts in frustration as his exclamation echoes throughout the bowels of The Dungeon.

[CHUCKLE] Oh Steven, I believe this is what you terrarians would call: Check Mate.

Author's Note:

A few of you called it in the last chapter, Discord does indeed have a history with the Kitsune race. :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:
Also yes, that's right, I just made Cosmos Canon to this story. With my own twist on it of course. :pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy:

Character inventory/equipment:

Twilight: Staff Of Sapphire, Magic Hat (equipped), Mystic Robe (equipped), Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Dynamite, 5x Mana Potion, Rocket Boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped), Seabound Staff, Barinade, Storm Spray, Aquatic Discharge, Scourge Of The Desert, Dune Hopper, Sand Cloak, Victory Shards x14, Aero Stone (equipped)

Starlight: Staff Of Sapphire, Magic Hat (equipped), Mystic Robe (equipped), Starfury, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Dynamite, 5x Mana Potion, 5x Health Potion, Rocket Boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped), Seabound Staff, Barinade, Storm Spray, Aquatic Discharge, Scourge Of The Desert, Dune Hopper, Sand Cloak, Victory Shards x14, Aero Stone (equipped)

Rarity: Staff Of Sapphire, Flinx Staff, Magic Hat (equipped), Mystic Robe (equipped), Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x mana potion, Rocket Boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped)

Fluttershy: Slime Staff, Flinx Staff, Finch staff, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x health potion, Slime Mount, Full set of bee armor (pony, equipped), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

Rainbow Dash: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped), Silver shortsword, Musket, enchanted balloon, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Dynamite, Minishark, 5x Health potion, Slime Mount (equipped), Seabound Staff, Barinade, Storm Spray, Aquatic Discharge, Scourge Of The Desert, Dune Hopper, Sand Cloak, Victory Shards x14, Aero Stone (equipped)

Applejack: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped), Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Health potion, Rocket boots (equipped), Rope, Slime Mount, Blade Of Grass, Full set of bee armor (pony), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

Pinkie Pie: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped), 2x Silver shortsword, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Health potion, Rocket boots (equipped), Slime Mount, Full set of bee armor (pony), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

Zecora: Flinx Staff, Blowgun, Javelins, Silver Pickaxe, Silver axe, Rocket boots (equipped), various potions, Full set of bee armor (zebra, equipped), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

PreviousChapters Next