• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,640 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,640

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 61 - Be Prepared.

“So, how did you two get invited to this party?. Then again, Tirek I can understand but a small filly like you?. How could you possibly help us?”, Blueblood question’s as he was still dumbfounded by how this filly pegasus could ever contribute.

”Cozy Glow is the reason we were able to learn all we needed about the centaur. His sin flows from him even as we speak... It is, delicious. The pegasus has informed us about the events that transpired in the past which resulted in Tirek's imprisonment. We refuse to let such a vital source of sin to be locked up, so, we intervened.”

“With all due respect, my lord, even if that is the case how can she help us?”

“I’m standing right here!”, Cozy Glow interjects angrily.

”As we said before, all sources of sin in your world must be preserved. The filly standing before you possesses even more sin than you two combined. She might not be an adequate fighter in comparison to either of you, however, one must still appreciate the beauty of deception. It’s among the greatest sources of sin.”

Blueblood continues to stare unbelievably towards the filly before he then shrugs his shoulders and says:

“So long as she stays out of my way, I suppose she can be useful... Somehow.”

“Now, now, pony. Do not let appearances deceive you. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from my defeat at the hooves of that blasted Twilight Sparkle and her friends it’s that even if something doesn’t look dangerous, it can ironically be the most threatening of all.”, Tirek interjects.

“Fair enough.”, Blueblood replies before he then puts a hoof to his chin in thought and asks: “Say, how did you regain that enormous size of yours?. I believe the last time you’ve achieved this was when you took the magic from my sow aunts and that whore, Cadence. You even took that peasant's, Twilight’s magic in the process.”

Tirek simply laughs in response before he recovers and says:

“The Hivemind allowed me to feast on some of the magic from the world they come from, Terraria. One drink was all it took to make me even stronger than I was long ago during my fight with Twilight. The magic from that world is remarkable!, I desire to go there and feast on it!”

”We're glad you feel that way because we will soon give you payment for your contribution.” The Hivemind interjects.

“Oh?, are you saying that there are other sources of magic that came from Terraria?”, Tirek Question’s.

”As it so happens, those fools have created armor and weapons from Demonite Ore. Thanks to Blueblood's information, Discord used his magic to duplicate the weapons and armor crafted from the material."

"Discord?, ah I see. So he really did become their puppet in the end... Pathetic. Anyway, what does that have to do with my payment?"

"Demonite Ore is a material that grows from The Corruption. This biome hails from my world and most importantly, the ore is absolutely filled with magic from Terraria. I promised you a feast, Tirek... You shall have it.”

Tirek’s mouth was practically drooling at this point upon hearing those words. If a small sample of terrarian magic was enough to grow his power this much, how much more would the centaur grow if he could consume the magic from the weapons and armor that were forged from the Demonite Ore. The centaur grins devilishly as he then says:

“I will give you all the sin you could ever want for this!. That delicious magic... I must have it!”

Cozy Glow raises her right front hoof and says:

“Golly mister Hivemind, I don’t mean to sound like I doubt you. However, I have to ask: How will you fulfill your side of our bargain when it comes to me and Blueblood?. You’ve delivered on Tirek’s request but what about us?. Blueblood wants to become some God-King and I want to show everypony the true meaning of friendship.”

“You dare question our lord’s might despite witnessing it first-”

”That is not necessary, Blueblood. Unlike my brother The Perforators, I am reasonable when it comes to those who willfully provides me with sin.”

“The Preforators?”, Tirek, Cozy, and Blueblood question’s in unison.

”We were both brought into being by our creator: Dr Draedon. Where we can control The Corruption, our brother has influence over another type of infection: The Crimson. The Eater Of Worlds sensed our abilities and allowed us to join the glorious corruption. You could say, we are kindred spirits.”, The Hivemind replies as the entity starts to float towards a shattered wall of the throne room which allowed everyone present to look out towards the infected outskirts of Canterlot. At least, what was Canterlot.

”Long ago, The Corruption was reduced to a microscopic biome due to the actions of The Dryads. Fortunately, they failed to destroy it completely. The Great One discovered the small biome and hid itself within, waiting for the opportunity to infect another world due to The Crimson already claiming Terraria in The Corruption’s absence. When we were brought into the fold, we began to create various monsters for the infection. Here’s a fun fact: We created The Eater Of Souls in addition to The Corruptors. The ability to suck away the life force of others and to shoot spit that spreads The Corruption was thanks to our design. The large worm entities you see burrowing around our glorious landscape were created from The Eater Of Worlds. They all act as our guardians while we harvest sin and life force in order to spread The Corruption.”

“Hmm, I am curious about how this entity came to be, Hivemind.”, Tirek comments. “How was The Eater Of Worlds conceited in the first place?. You make it sound as if The Corruption and that giant worm existed long before you did.”

”To answer your question simply: It’s because they did exist long before me and The Perforators were created. My knowledge is sadly limited when it comes to the origins of The Corruption, much to my dismay. However, I know all about the origin of The Great Eater. That entity is a spawn of Cthulhu, one of four pieces you could say. We must ask, do you remember the being who entered this world: The Moon Lord, Razeem?”

Cozy Glow and Blueblood’s eyes are shot wide open in a combination of familiarity and concern before they say:

“I was here in Canterlot when that... thing, appeared out of my aunt’s moon via the portal.” - Blueblood.

“Oh golly, that thing was soo big!. I could see it even from Equestria’s border.” - Cozy Glow.

Tirek simply shrugs his shoulder and comments:

“I was sort of in Tartarus during that event. I can’t wait to see their reactions when they finally realize my absence.”

”That was another being who was born from Cthulhu, the strongest of all the incarnations.”

Cozy Glow, Blueblood, and Tirek were admittedly dumbfounded by this revelation. The Eater Of Worlds alone is a powerful being to them as is, and yet, there is another who dwarfs it in both size and power. The pegasus filly recovers from her shocked state and says:

“Not that the history lesson wasn’t appreciated but can we get back to my earlier question?. Blueblood and I want our parts of the bargain to be fulfilled. You did it for Tirek by allowing him to feed on everypony’s magic from Terraria but what about us?”

“Speak for yourself, filly. Lord Hivemind has already empowered me greatly and my magic grows alongside the sins we absorb. In fact, my body works similar to the floating orbs. I absorb sin just as they do.”, Blueblood replies.

“What?!, what about me?!, where’s my power?!”

”Come to us, Cozy Glow.”, The Hivemind declares in response. Cozy Glow didn’t want to admit it but the filly did become nervous as she slowly starts to draw near The Hivemind, heeding its request. The entity then lays a tendril onto her head before a purple aura starts to gather around the pegasus. After a brief moment, the aura dissipates which causes the filly to blink twice before asking:

“Oh golly... Wh-what did you do?”

”We’ve given you a gift. You told us that you wish to teach all upon this world the true meaning of friendship, did you not?. We happen to be a fan of your... Vision.”

“You bet!, the truest meaning of friendship is: Domination!, friends are simply meant to be your pawns for you to rule over!”, The Hivemind simply chuckles to itself upon hearing her words and replies:

”Domination you shall have, Cozy Glow. We have empowered you to control the minds of any living being who looks into your eyes. Also, your strength grows for every being you put under your spell. You will have the power of a thousand armies while also bending them to your will. Oh, by the way, don’t get any funny ideas... It doesn’t work against me and the beings of The Corruption.”

Cozy Glow replies with a sad pout and lets out a soft:

“Awww... You’re very smart, mister Hivemind.”

“I’m not foolish to let any of you become powerful enough to turn on me. I gave each and every one of you your power, I can take it away. If you even entertain the thought, you die.”

Cozy’s ears dropped upon hearing those words and Blueblood begins to sweat nervously. Tirek suddenly growls angrily as he then says:

“Of course you want to be on top... how does this even work anyway?. Who’s to say that you won’t just kill us off on a whim?. Sure, you’re helping us in return for providing you with sin. But, if you remain the strongest of us and can take our power away... You’ll just eliminate us eventually!”

“Your fears are logical, we won’t deny that. However, If I wasn’t interested in an alliance with you all then I would have just killed you off from the start. I could’ve butchered you in that cell within Tartarus and yet I chose to free you. I can not afford to betray any of you since you are my main sources of sin in this world. However, I also can’t have you plotting against me as Cozy Glow here literally admitted to doing so it’s only logical that I possess the means to end such treachery. Therefore, it is within our best interest to become allies to which I ask: Are you prepared?”

“For what?”, The trio asks in unison.

The world of Equus has a funny way of effecting many individuals as The Hivemind starts to sing:

Let’s not doubt each other’s cooperation,
In all of our mind’s backside,
Are you listening, Cozy?,
PAY ATTENTION!,
My words are a matter of pride,
It’s clear from your suspicious expressions,
Trust is not all upstairs,
But we’re all traitors by nature,
Don’t pretend to be caught unaware,

So prepare for a chance of a lifetime,
Be prepared to ally against Equus,
A united new era is tip toeing nearer,

Cozy Glow, Tirek, Blueblood:

And when do we feature?

The Hivemind:

Just listen to teacher,
I know it sounds sordid,
But you’ve been rewarded,
Together we can destroy our foes,
Our influence will spread everywhere,
Be prepaaaaaared!

Cozy Glow:

Oh golly we’re prepared,
We’re definitely prepared...
For what?

The Hivemind

For the rise of our alliance!

Cozy Glow:

Wait, so you’re not going to kill us?

The Hivemind:

No fool because we’re allies, that includes you two.

Cozy Glow:

Good idea!, who needs them?!,
Me and Hivemind,
Me and Hivemind,
La la la la la,

Tirek and Blueblood:

Idiot!, they meant us three!

Cozy Glow:

Wait but they said-

The Hivemind:

We all shall be a team,
Stick with me,
And you’ll have whatever you demaaaaand!

Cozy Glow:

Yaaaaay!, I love this team!

Tirek and Blueblood:

Count us in!, count us in!

Cozy Glow, Tirek, Blueblood:

It’s so great that we’ll aide The Corruption,
And achieve our goals from a long time ago,

The Hivemind:

Of course, quid pro quo, you’re expected,
To take certain duties on board,
The future is littered with prizes,
And though I'm the main Addressee,
The point that I must emphasize is:
YOU WON’T GET SHIT WITHOUT ME!

So be prepared for the alliance of the century,
Be prepared to conquer Equus,
Meticulous planning, (Have our sin! - Cozy Glow, Tirek, Blueblood. )
Tenacity spanning, (Lots of sin! - Cozy Glow, Tirek, Blueblood.)
Decades of denial, (The Corruption we give! - Cozy Glow, Tirek, Blueblood.)
Is simple why our, (All our sins! - Cozy Glow, Tirek, Blueblood.)
Union is undisputed,
Respected, saluted,
And seen for wonders we are!
Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared,
Be prepaaaaaared!

Yes our teeth and ambitions are bared!, - Cozy Glow, Tirek, Blueblood.

Be prepaaaaaared! - Everyone.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


After their recent song ends and the officially formed alliance's unified laughter starts to die down, Cozy Glow recovers before everyone else present and question’s:

“If I may ask, do you have another name we can call you by Hivemind?. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate your current name but it is kind of awkward to say.”

“Says the pony named: Cozy Glow. There's nothing cozy about you.”, Tirek sassily interjects.

Cozy growls in response.

Blueblood just rolls his eyes.

”To show that we are indeed serious about our alliance, we shall allow you three to call us by our true name. In addition, we shall reveal to you one of our two hidden forms.”

“What?, this isn’t your true self?”, Tirek question’s.

“Two forms?”, Blueblood inquires.

In response, The Hivemind’s body starts to mutate and shift as the top portion of its very being opens up. In addition, The Hivemind’s mass is almost doubled in size and pincer like appendages become more apparent.

”This is our first transformation.”

“Oooh, that’s scary. What about the second one?”, Cozy Glow question’s.

”We agreed to show you all only this form. My last transformation is only meant for when we are backed into a corner, if ever.”

“Aw phooey... Fine, fine. So, what’s your real name?.”

”You may call us: Ocram.”

Author's Note:

I've got a surprise for everyone: Here's another story I've been working on. It currently has 48 Chapters written for It and I'll be revealing this story soon. Don't worry, It won't effect Terraria in any way, and yes, I do have time to write both to completion. :pinkiehappy:

This is my second favorite game of all time, second only to Terraria, and it damn well does deserve a story.

For those who are curious about Sombasi: Brother Of Sombra, I had to put that on hiatus due to breaking my laptop which sadly had all of my chapters saved on it. :fluttercry:
Take it from me, never drink your coffee right next to your laptop where it's in a perfect position for your elbow to knock it over... and spills all over said laptop.
I'll be returning to that story once Terraria and my upcoming Ark stories are complete.

PreviousChapters Next